No announcement yet.

'14 IL LB Nile Sykes (Indiana Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 IL LB Nile Sykes (Indiana Transfer)

Linebacker
    Oak Park, IL
    Montini Catholic

Height: 6-2
    Weight: 223

Rankings:
    247: #34 OLB #459 Overall
    Rivals: #22 ILB
    Scout: #56 OLB
    ESPN: #29 OLB
    247Comp: #34 OLB

Offers:
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa State
    Missouri
    Syracuse
    Cincinnati
    EMU
    NIU
    Purdue
    USF
    Toledo
    WMU

Nile Sykes - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 07-04-2014, 08:49 AM.

Complete the damn profile before you post it you slacker.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

From the Master List thread:

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
      Its official, Wiltfong just posted that the LB is indeed Nile Sykes. Coach Martin will be in to see him today. Wiltfong switched his CB to ND assuming we offer. If we don't he'll switch it back to Illini.

Comment

FWIW, Wiltfong said he like Sykes as a pass rushing LB in the 3-4. Went on to add that he's athletic enough to play all 4 LB spots and will be able to add the necessary weight to do so as well.
        Last edited by Luckylucci; 11-14-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
          FWIW, Wiltfong said he like Sykes as a pass rushing LB in the 3-4.
          Per Me, I like the way he runs through players.

Comment

Just offer him...We need thumpers, plus he is from Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
              Just offer him...We need thumpers, plus he is from Illinois.
              THIS! Mostly because of the "thumper" comment!

Comment

Want.

Comment

Sounds good to me... Sign him up!

Comment

Senior highlights

Nile Sykes - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Comment

What happened with Miclisee? He looked a true thumper ILB and he desperately wanted to be Irish!

Comment

Not sure how he's only a 3*. Love his tape.
                        "Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!"
                        --Samuel L

Comment

love when he throws that kid down then does his best King Kong chest pound all in a matter of .5
                          Prehistoric

Comment

I'm not impressed with his offer list, but we need LB's, get him signed up. Being from Illinois we shouldn't have to worry about distance.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised to see this kid on campus soon with a commit to follow. No inside info. Really like this kid.
                              "I'm not a film evaluator"
                              - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

I am shocked he wasn't offered today

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                  Me as well.

Comment

it was reported we didn't offer or just figure we didn't since we haven't heard anything?

im a sub-less peasant
                                    Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                      it was reported we didn't offer or just figure we didn't since we haven't heard anything?

im a sub-less peasant
                                      Well this doesn't make it sound like we did

@ISDUpdate: 2014 IL LB Nile Sykes (@Ninth__Cloud) is firmly on #NotreDame radar. Chuck Martin visited him on Thursday (Premium) http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ps-in-on-sykes

Comment

He does a good job getting off blocks. Solid prospect.
                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Wiltfong just spoke with him and Steve is reporting that things could happen quickly if this kid gets an offer. Wiltfong is pretty sure he will be Irish if given the chance
                                          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Guessing that is what Anna is reporting too?

“@AnnaHScout: Could the Irish be picking up a commitment soon ($): http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=1052&t=12317040
                                            “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                              Guessing that is what Anna is reporting too?

“@AnnaHScout: Could the Irish be picking up a commitment soon ($): http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=109&f=1052&t=12317040
                                              That would be my guess. From Wiltfong: he's waiting to "connect" with Martin and then "there might be a story you want to read."

The ISD article said that they planned on talking again tonight. Martin need to clear something with Diaco and Kelly before offering?
                                              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

Offered per Wiltfong

Comment

Offered per Wiltfong
                                                  Yeah!

Comment

ISD reporting offer now

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame </a> just extended an offer to 2014 IL LB Nile Sykes (<a href="https://twitter.com/Ninth__Cloud">@Ninth__Cloud</a>)</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/statuses/401187628793348096">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Offered per Wiltfong
                                                      ISD with the same. Commit watch I would say

Comment

Start the egg timer!

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                                          Wouldn't be surprised to see this kid on campus soon with a commit to follow. No inside info. Really like this kid.
                                                          Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
                                                          Wiltfong just spoke with him and Steve is reporting that things could happen quickly if this kid gets an offer. Wiltfong is pretty sure he will be Irish if given the chance
                                                          Good stuff
                                                          "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                                          - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Just got offered by the University of Notre Dame ! 🍀🍀🍀🍀 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoIrish&amp;src=hash">#GoIrish</a></p>&mdash; AlmightySy (@Ninth__Cloud) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ninth__Cloud/statuses/401188232894746624">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

He should at least visit the school before he commits.

Perhaps the staff could set up a OV for the BYU game.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>Just got offered by the University of Notre Dame ! 🍀🍀🍀🍀 <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GoIrish&amp;src=hash">#GoIrish</a></p>&mdash; AlmightySy (@Ninth__Cloud) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ninth__Cloud/statuses/401188232894746624">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                Just one explanation point.:ohwhateve

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>2014 IL LB Nile Sykes (<a href="https://twitter.com/Ninth__Cloud">@Ninth__Cloud</a>) tells ISD he wants to visit <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame</a> ASAP, but is focused on current team&#39;s playoff run right now.</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/statuses/401188911566700545">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p>2014 IL LB Nile Sykes (<a href="https://twitter.com/Ninth__Cloud">@Ninth__Cloud</a>) tells ISD he wants to visit <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame</a> ASAP, but is focused on current team&#39;s playoff run right now.</p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/statuses/401188911566700545">November 15, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                    Commit delayed.

Comment

Coaches told him they want him at Manti's spot

Comment

Originally posted by Cali_domer View Post
                                                                        Commit delayed.
                                                                        could be byu week unless they play Saturdays in Illinois.

and gitf things move fast huh colts take the lead like boom then this kid goes from meh tweet to commit watch haha
                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                          could be byu week unless they play Saturdays in Illinois.

and gitf things move fast huh colts take the lead like boom then this kid goes from meh tweet to commit watch haha
                                                                          no kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post

Yeah, Wiltfong posted that Coach Martin told Sykes that he'd like to get him on campus before they move the process along any further.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              sounds like they really want to get someone in the back pocket so they don't go 0 for 2014 in regards to ILB recruiting
                                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #40
                                                                                .

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                  sounds like they really want to get someone in the back pocket so they don't go 0 for 2014 in regards to ILB recruiting
                                                                                  when you only offer one or two it is hard to put some heat on them. offer a couple more and ish gets real.
                                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                    Well, we'd still have Martini.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Decent frame to start with

Very raw in technique

Average speed and acceleration.

No knock back power....average strength

Overall could be a contributer with a lot of hard work.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I think Kolin Hill has a much higher ceiling.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Film is almost a clone of Kendall Moore's from high school. Itll be interesting to see how he develops wherever he ends up. Adding weight hurt Kendall, but weight was needed. This kid has the same movements, and same build as Moore. Good prospect though
                                                                                          http://irishtp.com/

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I'm convinced I just watched Kendall Moore II

Edit: Just now saw TP post. Beat me to it!!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                                              I think Kolin Hill has a much higher ceiling.
                                                                                              As an ILB?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                As an ILB?
                                                                                                Yup. Looks bigger and more athletic. Also love the way he uses his hands.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Hypothetically, we could take both Sykes and Hill to go along with Martini.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Which is why I like him on the edge....

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X