Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 MO DE Jonathan Bonner (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 MO DE Jonathan Bonner (Notre Dame Signee)

Tight End | Defensive End
    Chesterfield, Missouri
    Parkway Central High School

Measurables
    Height: 6'4
    Weight: 240
    40: 4.8

Stats
    2012: 50 Tackles, 12 Sacks
    2013:

Rankings
    Rivals: DE #25
    247: 83 Rating, #17 MO, #46 SDE
    ESPN: DE #38
    Scout: DE #79
    247 Composite: 83 Rating, #21 MO, #53 SDE

Offers
    Michigan State
    Notre Dame
    Illinois
    Purdue
    Indiana
    Missouri
    Army
    Ball State
    Idaho
    Illinois State
    Memphis
    Miami (OH)
    Navy
    New Mexico
    Northern Illinois
    Toledo

Interest
    Tennessee
    LSU
    Nebraska
    Northwestern
    Ohio State
    Iowa
    Kansas State
    Boston College

ND Recruiter: Bob Elliott
    Decision Schedule:
    247 Crystal Ball: Notre Dame

Highlights

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SXfOhx5w4qE?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 08:16 AM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

cool
    Originally posted by koonja
    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

If u haven't been checking the 2014 Master List:

Bonner was offered this morning and could jump on that offer and commit per Wiltfong. He was offered as a CAT but can play all 4 LB positions.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
        Measurables
        Stats
        Rankings
        Offers
        Interest

ND Recruiter:
        Decision Schedule:
        247 Crystal Ball:
        That's one impressive offer list
        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

[QUOTE=STLDomer;1040993]Measurables
          Stats
          Rankings
          Offers
          Interest

ND Recruiter:
          Decision Schedule:
          247 Crystal Ball:

Do want

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
            That's one impressive offer list
            I think the stars speak for themselves...

Originally Posted by STLDomer
            Measurables
            Stats
            Rankings
            Offers
            Interest

ND Recruiter:
            Decision Schedule:
            247 Crystal Ball:
            Originally posted by koonja
            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Ha. This looks like a depth move, if he can really play any LB spot.

Comment

Hmm. Per 247 he's a three-star. Only other BCS offer is Illinois.

Jonathan Bonner

Though this local story has him offered by Mizzou, MSU, Purdue and Indiana too.

Parkway Central's Jonathan Bonner Receives Mizzou Offer - Sports - Chesterfield, MO Patch

Did he come to our camp or something?

Comment

Originally posted by stlnd01 View Post
                  Hmm. Per 247 he's a three-star. Only other BCS offer is Illinois.

Jonathan Bonner

Though this local story has him offered by Mizzou, MSU, Purdue and Indiana too.

Parkway Central's Jonathan Bonner Receives Mizzou Offer - Sports - Chesterfield, MO Patch

Did he come to our camp or something?
                  Expand the 247 list, they have Louisville, MSU and Mizzou plus others with offers
                  Last edited by Big23Head; 06-26-2013, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Any relation to Anthony bonner? Great frame, athleticism, and intensity. We need!

Comment

He said in a Rivals article recently he may go to NDs camp, I'm guessing he did.

Comment

We have no chance if New Mexico has offered.

Comment

He was offered by Elliott this morning and will talk to Coach Kelly at 3 PM ET per Jake Brown

Comment

Love this kid. Would add a lot of intangibles to the ND D. Love the length, and motor
                            http://irishtp.com/

Comment

He looks pretty good in his highlights, great frame.. will have.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurningPOint View Post
                                Love this kid. Would add a lot of intangibles to the ND D. Love the length, and motor
                                So we evaluated him in person at camp?

Comment

Notre Dame and Michigan State both offered another lowly ranked DE almost exactly a year ago today, Demetrius Cooper. He ended up committing to MSU.

Comment

Notre Dame and Michigan State both offered another lowly ranked DE almost exactly a year ago today, Demetrius Cooper. He ended up committing to MSU.
                                    I still think Cooper is going to be a beast. Kid was so long and athletic.

Comment

It won't be official until he talks to Kelly but he is already calling the other schools and thanking them for recruiting him.

Comment

I don't know about this. The staff needs a tutorial on using the 247 compositie ranksings. Just go down the list with your offers! There are a lot of guys ranked above Bonner!

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                          I still think Cooper is going to be a beast. Kid was so long and athletic.
                                          Totally. I always wanted that kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                            It won't be official until he talks to Kelly but he is already calling the other schools and thanking them for recruiting him.
                                            Source?

Comment

Wiltfong.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                Source?
                                                Kuehnja?

Comment

If that 240 pounds is accurate, he probably grows into a defensive end

Comment

Do we have any sense as to what precipitated this offer? He showed out at camp and shot up our board? Fading with better prospects at the position? Some combo of the two?

Comment

I would feel more comfortable with this offer if we find out he was at camp

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                      If that 240 pounds is accurate, he probably grows into a defensive end
                                                      Andrew Williams is 250. Wiltfong says the staff likes him as a CAT with the flexibility to play all 4 LB positions.

Comment

I would feel more comfortable with this offer if we find out he was at camp

Andrew Williams is 250. Wiltfong says the staff likes him as a CAT with the flexibility to play all 4 LB positions.
                                                        I'm assuming we will, after Loy and the others get a chance to talk to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                          Do we have any sense as to what precipitated this offer? He showed out at camp and shot up our board? Fading with better prospects at the position? Some combo of the two?
                                                          I'm assuming they saw him at camp and really liked what they saw. With that said nobody really knows what's going on and probably won't until its official and the various sites interview him.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                            I'm assuming they saw him at camp and really liked what they saw. With that said nobody really knows what's going on and probably won't until its official and the various sites interview him.
                                                            I think its Andrew Williams change of heart PLUS a good showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                                              I think its Andrew Williams change of heart PLUS a good showing.
                                                              Andrew Williams has been trending away for a while so I don't think its that. The writing has been on the wall for sometime, hasn't visited in 6 months and has cancelled two visits since then. I don't expect him to visit again either.

Comment

His frame and tape reminds me of Okwara.

Comment

It seems to me that, if the staff gets to the summer without having filled up key position groups in the next recruiting class, it likes to build depth by securing commitments from attractive prospects who may not be creme de la creme, then chase top players to fill the remaining open spots.

We've seen it the last couple cycles. This offer and speedy commitment reminds me of the John Turner offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                                                    It seems to me that, if the staff gets to the summer without having filled up key position groups in the next recruiting class, it likes to build depth by securing commitments from attractive prospects who may not be creme de la creme, then chase top players to fill the remaining open spots.

We've seen it the last couple cycles. This offer and speedy commitment reminds me of the John Turner offer.
                                                                    Not necessarily a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                      His frame and tape reminds me of Okwara.
                                                                      Thats a great comparison. I tried to rep you but apparently I have to spread it around.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                                                        Well, we don't know if it is or not. We always knew Turner was a project, and he's still a young player. He could still turn out.

Comment

The only way this makes sense to me is if the staff thinks he can play ILB. If you are going to opt for plan B guys for depth, wouldn't you want to do it at a position where you don't have any depth? When Turner was offered, we were desperate for safeties.

Comment

Bonner was first team 5-A All-State, so we know right off the bat he can play.

Turner is/was a kid was has an great physical skillset, but who just doesn't seem to be a great football player.

Hopefully this is more of a case of a kid getting put and defensive line because he is strong, and now coaches realizing he can probably play LB.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                                                              The only way this makes sense to me is if the staff thinks he can play ILB. If you are going to opt for plan B guys for depth, wouldn't you want to do it at a position where you don't have any depth? When Turner was offered, we were desperate for safeties.
                                                                              We need 2-3 recruits at both OLB and ILB to get back to ideal depth. LBs who can realistically play more than one position (like Randolph) are invaluable.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                “@AnnaHScout: ND set to add a new commitment: "When I was exhausted, they put me against the top 5 OL @ camp. I beat each one."

Awesome. The OL had some strong competition too.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by BoredIrish View Post
                                                                                  He can play ILB. Wiltfong is saying that Bonner can play any of the four LB spots. That's why I think of him as a depth offer, just like Turner. As you say, when he was offered we were desperate for safeties (and with Prosise moving to WR, maybe he gets some quality reps a little earlier, who knows).

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    He can play ILB. Wiltfong is saying that Bonner can play any of the four LB spots. That's why I think of him as a depth offer, just like Turner. As you say, when he was offered we were desperate for safeties (and with Prosise moving to WR, maybe he gets some quality reps a little earlier, who knows).
                                                                                    This may be why he was getting overlooked. He is an under-sized DL, but he is a big LB if he can play the position.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      derp..posted same thing as stl
                                                                                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                        We need 2-3 recruits at both OLB and ILB to get back to ideal depth. LBs who can realistically play more than one position (like Randolph) are invaluable.
                                                                                        While I agree with this belief for the most part, I also can't help but wonder how much "jack of all trades, master of none" types will ever get on the field.

Not to imply Randolph himself won't be any good, but sometimes I'd just like to have a great ILB or a great OLB.

As far as Bonner himself goes, accepting this commitment RIGHT NOW, with what we know, does seem a bit curious.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          While I agree with this belief for the most part, I also can't help but wonder how much "jack of all trades, master of none" types will ever get on the field.

Not to imply Randolph himself won't be any good, but sometimes I'd just like to have a great ILB or a great OLB.

As far as Bonner himself goes, accepting this commitment RIGHT NOW, with what we know, does seem a bit curious.
                                                                                          He is a diehard ND fan per Loy

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            “@AnnaHScout: ND set to add a new commitment: "When I was exhausted, they put me against the top 5 OL @ camp. I beat each one."

Awesome. The OL had some strong competition too.
                                                                                            If he showed out at camp in front of the coaches then I'm on board. They know better than I and this isn't a hasty decision.

Comment

• #47

I tend to operate under the assumption that the coaching staff that went 12-0 last season knows more about this stuff than I do. That's just me though.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                He is a diehard ND fan per Loy
                                                                                                just imagine being him right now....i bet that 3pm telephone call feels like microwave minutes going bye
                                                                                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Honestly I think the film is pretty good for how low rated he is. Also to me shows the staff knows that they are striking out with a couple elite guys and need depth. Hopefully I am wrong but I consider Williams gone.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                                                                                                    I tend to operate under the assumption that the coaching staff that went 12-0 last season knows more about this stuff than I do. That's just me though.
                                                                                                    Only idiots think that way

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X