Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 TX DE Grant Blankenship (Oklahoma Transfer)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 TX DE Grant Blankenship (Oklahoma Transfer)

Strong Side DE
    The Colony, TX
    The Colony

Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 235
    40: 4.75

Ratings:
    247: 87 rating #25 SDE
    Rivals: 5.7 rating #26 SDE
    Scout: #54 DE
    247 Comp: .8604 rating #27 DE

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Arkansas
    Baylor
    Oklahoma
    Oklahoma State
    Ole Miss
    TCU
    Texas Tech
    Oregon
    Cincinnati
    Kansas State
    Oregon State
    SDSU
    SMU
    Washington
    Washington State

Interest:
    Texas A&M

ND Recruiter:
    Crystal Ball: 100% Oklahoma, 1 prediction

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/719vHuoMHGw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-08-2016, 06:03 PM.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-partner="tweetdeck"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23NotreDame&amp;src=hash">#NotreDame </a> offers Class of 2014 defensive end with ties to the program. <a href="http://t.co/sqKxxS0sAI">http://t.co/sqKxxS0sAI</a> via <a href="https://twitter.com/BGInews">@BGInews</a></p>&mdash; Tom Loy (@TomLoy247) <a href="https://twitter.com/TomLoy247/statuses/344122469235445761">June 10, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Notre Dame is/was his favorite team growing up. Loy will try to talk to him later today.
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-10-2013, 11:20 AM.

Comment

I wonder if this means we might be offering Jesse Aniebonam too.

Is this the update that Loy just tweeted about a DE with a tie to the program?
      If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

My initial read is this guy is a DE and Jesse is a CAT. So he'll still be waiting on williams. But I'm sure will get more here shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaneyoufeelit View Post
          I wonder if this means we might be offering Jesse Aniebonam too.

Is this the update that Loy just tweeted about a DE with a tie to the program?
          Yessir about Loy's update.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            My initial read is this guy is a DE and Jesse is a CAT. So he'll still be waiting on williams. But I'm sure will get more here shortly.
            Not to reignite the whole Carter DE/OLB debate but this kid is the exact same size as Carter and everyone is adamant he is a CAT.
            Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 06-10-2013, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
              Not to reignite the whole Carter DE/OLB debate but this kid is the exact same size as Carter and everyone is amendment he is a CAT.
              *adamant
              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                *adamant
                Don't be stepping on his right to free speech

Comment

Damn auto-correct.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                    Don't be stepping on his right to free speech
                    Nicely done, sir.
                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Every service has this kid rated as a SDE and Carter as a WDE so Im assuming up close there must be some differences in frame but obviously speed. If Carter wasn't as quick and athletic as he is it could be in his best interest to bulk up and play DE but I am betting the staff plans on getting this kid up to 280+, think Tony Springmann. I really don't think they would want to do that to Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                        *adamant
                        No, I think he meant, "and everyone is amen, de man, he is a CAT."
                        Last edited by WestCoast; 06-10-2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Love his athleticism and his ability to get off blocks. He'll need to add about 40lbs but good looking project. Looks like he already has a top 5 of Arkansas, Northwestern, Oklahoma, Oregon, and TCU.

Comment

Agree with Lucky. This kid has a body frame that will allow him to put on a lot of weight which is why people project him as a SDE. Carter, on the other hand, has a basketball players build and likely to play in the 245 range.

Comment

is he trying to be like Diaco with that hair?!!!!...or Ace
                              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

What are the ties to ND?
                                "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Originally posted by TheChosen1 View Post
                                  What are the ties to ND?
                                  He grew up a fan
                                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

I went to junior high with a David Blankenship and this kid has his same look, hmmm. Wonder if his dad is from Cincinnati.

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                      I went to junior high with a David Blankenship and this kid has his same look, hmmm. Wonder if his dad is from Cincinnati.
                                      so you went to school with the guys from Grease?
                                      Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                        Ha, I'm not as old as BGIF!

Comment

Big Skill Texas kid with a decent offer list. Why not?
                                          www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

His hair alone turned me against him. PASS!! haha

HHHEEEEEYYYY Brandon!

Comment

He looks more handsome even than Niklas, that's not easy.

Comment

Comment

Yo!

Comment

If he commits to ND i'll just be thinking of this guy the whole time:

Comment

Grant and his family are in the process of setting up summer visits and ND will most definitely get one. Again, he grew up an ND fan so we're likely to get a close look here. Other teams in on him early are Oklahoma, Oregon, and TCU. Kid had 16 sacks last year. He's a big *** athlete thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                        Grant and his family are in the process of setting up summer visits and ND will most definitely get one. Again, he grew up an ND fan so we're likely to get a close look here. Other teams in on him early are Oklahoma, Oregon, and TCU. Kid had 16 sacks last year. He's a big *** athlete thats for sure.

Urban Meyer will be all over him shortly.

Comment

Good athlete like the offer.
                                                          Side note, what is up with this guys hair??? Really, he gets chicks with???
                                                          Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by condoms SUCk View Post
                                                            Good athlete like the offer.
                                                            Side note, what is up with this guys hair??? Really, he gets chicks with???
                                                            he is 6'5" 235 and a star on his football team, his hair is irrelevant to his mack
                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

shades of Christiano Ronaldo circa 2008
                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                Ha, I'm not as old as BGIF!

Actually, I grew up about 5 miles from John Travolta. We used to ice skate at Dwight Morrow in Englewood. Him and me and about 500 other kids from the county that didn't know each other. He went to church at St Cecila's about a block and a half from my Dad's bar.

St Cecila's gave a young man named Vince Lombardi his first coaching job after his college career was over. He was one of the Seven Blocks of Granite at Fordam under HC Jim Crowley of Four Horseman fame (I never saw the Four Horseman but OMM told me about when he went to class with them) and OL Coach later to become the greatest coach in college football history, Frank Leahy.

So goes my 6 degrees of separation from Hall of Fame Football to D.A. (duck's ***) haircuts.

The character Travolta played in Grease was from my older sister's HS years. He was in HS the same years as my younger sister. BTW, he dropped out of HS to play a role in a touring company doing the musical Grease (years before the movie).

The Irish Christian Brothers at my HS, Bergen Catholic, (eat ****, Iroman) didn't tolerate Greaser haircuts. One of the highlights of my largely forgetful HS years was having my name read out once over the P.A. System by the principal, Brother A. X. Keane, as needing a haircut. For 15 minutes I was one of the cool guys. Fame is truly fleeting.

Comment

You want he should be a Greaser or a Soc? Huh, Ponyboy?
                                                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

he is 6'5" 235 and a star on his football team, his hair is irrelevant to his mack
                                                                    Hmmm, interesting. I'm 5'8" (on a good day) and about 155. I will never attain that level of game, oh well #shortguyproblems.
                                                                    Our Lady Queen of Victory. #Bring back THE KOON!!!

Comment

Impressive offer list. Rivals. Scout, and 247 all have him as a three star. Maybe because of his weight.

Comment

Kid is damn quick. Kinda reminds me of Trumbetti.

Comment

He reminds me of a poor man's Aaron Lynch.

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                            He reminds me of a poor man's Aaron Lynch.
                                                                            Is that still a good thing? I mean, Lynch was an absolute beast, albeit a head case. If Lynch wasn't nuts, imagine our defensive line last year! DEER GOD

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Visiting this weekend per ISD's Power Hour. Apparently this visit has been planned for a while.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Should be Irish before he leaves.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Kept thinking about Paul Kruger when watching his tape.
                                                                                  -great frame to grow into
                                                                                  -very good awareness and instincts
                                                                                  - sure tackler and attacks balanced
                                                                                  -good initial punch with long arms
                                                                                  -average burst off snap
                                                                                  -needs to be developed physically ( hey only a hs jr though)

Would love to see Grant Irish!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Want-big skill, from Texas? No brainer.
                                                                                    I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Anybody else notice that he's from The Colony? That has to be pretty tough growing up in a post-apocalyptic world. We should take this kid based on that alone.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C...U.S._TV_series)
                                                                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by IrishinTN View Post
                                                                                        Should be Irish before he leaves.
                                                                                        based off something you read or just hoping?someth
                                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          based off something you read or just hoping?someth
                                                                                          Based off comments on rivals.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            He's openly mentioned that he was a childhood ND fan and the parents are very big on academics so there is a good chance we can land him on this visit. However, I don't think its a lock. He has some other good offers to consider and that may push this out a little.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Just reading comments from around the interweb it seems some don't want him... where is this school that gets only four and five star recruits??? The kid is a solid talent that can contribute in the front seven... what's not to like here??
                                                                                              Last edited by ACamp1900; 06-18-2013, 01:02 PM.
                                                                                              This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by ACamp1900 View Post
                                                                                                Just reading comments from around the interweb it seems some don't want him... where is this school that gets only four and five start recruits??? The kid is a solid talent that can contribute in the front seven... what's not to like here??
                                                                                                People are dumb and get stuck star gazing.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  ^This, from some statements that TJ has made the staff is high on his potential growth.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Take all the quality D-linemen you can. . . Would you rather have Springman or Jones for next season?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X