Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 OH QB DeShone Kizer (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 OH QB DeShone Kizer (Notre Dame Signee)

Quarterback
    Central Catholic High School
    Toledo, Ohio

Measurables
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 205

Stats
    2011: 1147 Passing Yards, 10 TDs; 540 Rushing Yards, 4 TDs
    2012:
    2013:

Rankings
    Rivals: 5.8 Rating, #9 QB
    247: 91 Rating, #8 OH, #5 Dual QB, #193 Overall
    ESPN: #6 DUAL QB
    Scout: #13 QB
    247 Composite: 91 Rating, #10 OH, #3 Dual QB, #2224 Overall

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Louisville
    Michigan State
    North Carolina
    Northwestern
    Tennessee
    Arkansas
    Boston College
    Bowling Green
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Nebraska
    Penn State
    Purdue
    Syracuse
    Toledo
    Rutgers

Interest
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    USC
    UCLA
    Indiana
    Iowa
    West Virginia

ND Recruiter:
    Decision Schedule:

Highlights

DeShone Kizer - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/exwbOHyM5zo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DsySq89mAow8D7cjlWUsk2ABYI-p7SIFxHqhANejkKE/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 06-18-2013, 07:14 AM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Appears to be one of the 6 QBs ND is showing interest in at this point and eithier ND will come watch him throw in May or he will camp at ND in June per Wiltfong

Top 5 of Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, LSU, and Tennessee

Comment

Pretty sporadic with his accuracy in that video but he sure is whipping that ball around.

Comment

Well being from Toledo, I would be pretty happy to see this happen.

Comment

always wondered why we didn't get in it for this guy...works in a spread offense and could be a good fit, but lower on our board
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Bama and LSU offered? Good enough for me.
            60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
              always wondered why we didn't get in it for this guy...works in a spread offense and could be a good fit, but lower on our board
              Him being 1 of 6 QBs in the country ND is pursing at the moment would put him high on NDs board, no?

Comment

Wasn't very impressive the game I watched him play but won a state title. Good athlete that plays basketball too.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                  Him being 1 of 6 QBs in the country ND is pursing at the moment would put him high on NDs board, no?
                  No offer

Comment

I believe he is a late bloomer; this being said he won a division II state title and played in a league where the division I runnerup also played. A ridiculous number of playoff teams played in that league.

Comment

not necessarily if he's one of six he could be anywhere in that group....big difference between who they see as one and who they see as six imo

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike;951781[B
                        ]Wasn't very impressive the game I watched him play but won a state title.[/B] Good athlete that plays basketball too.
                        agreed....but it looked as if the coach was calling the game not to lose it offensively, especially since their defense was playing so well

Comment

agreed....but it looked as if the coach was calling the game not to lose it offensively, especially since their defense was playing so well
                          My bad, should have clarified. I saw the game against Whitmer that was 42-0 a couple minutes into the second half, which is when I left.

Comment

oh....yea i'm sure that wasn't too impressive of a performance either...whitmer was good

Comment

oh....yea i'm sure that wasn't too impressive of a performance either...whitmer was good
                              Whitmer beat Leurs 20-3 and that could have been 48-0 if Jaylon Smith hadn't been playing.

Comment

Scout.com: Kizer hoping for Notre Dame offer

scout article...maybe redbar can help us :)

would imagine some other chips need to fall before he gets an offer from us.

claims we are in his top 5 even without offering.

Comment

I mean you cant really argue with his size if its a true 6-5 205. Obviously made some bad throws but I wouldnt mind taking him and developing him over time.

Comment

Originally posted by NDFAN22 View Post
                                    I mean you cant really argue with his size if its a true 6-5 205. Obviously made some bad throws but I wouldnt mind taking him and developing him over time.
                                    I will be this is an "Allen thing." We are waiting for the two Arizona guys, Andrews and Allen to shake down and based upon things not working out with Allen for ND I think we would offer and take Kizer. He would be a perfect guy behind Ziare.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ohio State and Notre Dame will be in tomorrow morning to watch me workout. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23BetterLateThanNever">#BetterLateThanNeve r</a></p>&mdash; DeShone Kizer (@Dkizer_14) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dkizer_14/status/336973662005633025">May 21, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I might have to sneak into Central tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ohio State and Notre Dame will be in tomorrow morning to watch me workout. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BetterLateThanNever">#BetterLateThanNever</a></p>&mdash; DeShone Kizer (@Dkizer_14) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dkizer_14/status/336973662005633025">May 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

There is no might.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ohio State and Notre Dame will be in tomorrow morning to watch me workout. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BetterLateThanNever">#BetterLateThanNever</a></p>&mdash; DeShone Kizer (@Dkizer_14) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dkizer_14/status/336973662005633025">May 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

hopefully weather cooperates, but that's not a bad idea. nice facility so you should get a good look.

Comment

Looks like an offer from either school isn't coming for now

Comment

If we miss on Allen and Dawkins I'd offer him.

Comment

Still curious how Randall Cunningham II will do this year for Gorman, his offers could really flood in after a couple games

Comment

True story. One of my friends whom I went to grade school with went to Central Catholic, and after drinking wayyyyy too much had the nerve to call up their head coach and leave a message on his cell about how he ****ed his wife a number of times.

He was promptly expelled. You don't mess with Central Catholic football.
                                                  Last edited by Buster Bluth; 05-23-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                    True story. One of my good friends I went to school from grade school through Ohio State with went to Central Catholic, and after drinking wayyyyy too much had the nerve to call up their head coach and leave a message on his cell about how he ****ed his wife a number of times.

He was promptly expelled. You don't mess with Central Catholic football.
                                                    just another example of Ohio State's poor academic standards.

Comment

clash...

did you make it over to central???

Comment

clash...

did you make it over to central???

ha no I was just joking about that. I sent word to a friend who has a step son at Central and told him to hang around the football locker room to see if he'd meet anyone. Chuck Martin was there in the morning and someone from OSU was expected later, not sure who. Martin liked what he saw and was to take the info back to the rest of the staff to share. No offer yet but told Kizer he'd be in touch. Kizer is expected to announce relatively soon, so OSU and ND will need to make a decision to offer if they are that interested. This is all per ISD.

Comment

ha no I was just joking about that. I sent word to a friend who has a step son at Central and told him to hang around the football locker room to see if he'd meet anyone. Chuck Martin was there in the morning and someone from OSU was expected later, not sure who. Martin liked what he saw and was to take the info back to the rest of the staff to share. No offer yet but told Kizer he'd be in touch. Kizer is expected to announce relatively soon, so OSU and ND will need to make a decision to offer if they are that interested. This is all per ISD.
                                                          Any idea who the presumed leader would be, since he is wanting to decide soon?
                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

thanks clash...

I think I read an article preview that said maybe LSU was leading, but that could be wrong, maybe a scout article?

Comment

LSU leads for Kizer, Brandon Harris, and Mason Randolph, they want two QBs

QB dominos are going to start to fall real soon across the country

Comment

LSU leads for Kizer, Brandon Harris, and Mason Randolph, they want two QBs

QB dominos are going to start to fall real soon across the country
                                                                Very good point. Cornwell will be picking Bama soon. Anybody know why we aren't in on Brandon Harris at all?

Comment

Yes as others have said, LSU is reportedly his leader right now. 247 has them, Bama, and Tennessee as "warm" programs that have offered and ND and OSU as "warm" programs who haven't offered. Everyone else is listed as cool.

Comment

Invited to The Opening, he balled out apparently

Comment

I love Allen but the more I hear about Deshone on and off the field he's a close 2nd, hopefully there is some communication in the near future

Comment

My nephew plays on Deshone's team, so I asked my brother about him. Great kid with good genes (both parents were D1 athletes). Interest in him has really heated up in the past month or so. Every major team has been in to visit or see him throw. ND wants him to visit (presumably before making an offer) but OSU and UM both like where they stand with Deshone. He grew up a UM fan. His team has their spring game in a week and my brother said he would talk to him then for an update.

Comment

Wiltfong spoke w/ Kizer after the Elite 11 and Kizer's Top 3 is Bama, LSU, and Tenn. w/ OSU and ND, no offer from either, right there. Kizer is really intrigued by NDs academics and QB situation and has high interest in ND and OSU.

He will visit LSU and Bama next and knows his offer to Bama isn't committable yet.

Wiltfong thinks he'd be NDs to lose if offered and the staff is just waiting on Kyle Allen.

It looks like to me that Kizer prefers both ND and OSU to his other offers and is waiting it out to see if either offers.

Comment

Wiltfong spoke w/ Kizer after the Elite 11 and Kizer's Top 3 is Bama, LSU, and Tenn. w/ OSU and ND, no offer from either, right there. Kizer is really intrigued by NDs academics and QB situation and has high interest in ND and OSU.

He will visit LSU and Bama next and knows his offer to Bama isn't committable yet.

Wiltfong thinks he'd be NDs to lose if offered and the staff is just waiting on Kyle Allen.

It looks like to me that Kizer prefers both ND and OSU to his other offers and is waiting it out to see if either offers.
                                                                            Hasn't he said previously that distance from home will be a big factor in his decision? Would explain why he seems to be waiting on an offer from ND or OSU.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Current Rankings:

247: #6 DTQB #NR OVR (90 Rating)
                                                                              Rivals: #8 DTQB #NR OVR (5.8 Rating)
                                                                              ESPN: #6 DTQB #NR OVR (83 Rating)
                                                                              Scout: #13 QB
                                                                              247Comp: #4 DTQB #253 OVR (.9031 Rating)

Comment

• #40
                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Ohio State and Notre Dame will be in tomorrow morning to watch me workout. <a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23BetterLateThanNever">#BetterLateThanNeve r</a></p>&mdash; DeShone Kizer (@Dkizer_14) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dkizer_14/status/336973662005633025">May 21, 2013</a></blockquote>

I have been meaning to donate some old (30's) yearbooks to Central. Maybe I will run them down.

Originally posted by Irish_irish View Post
                                                                                Hasn't he said previously that distance from home will be a big factor in his decision? Would explain why he seems to be waiting on an offer from ND or OSU.
                                                                                The ironic thing is ND and OSU have to be within a couple miles of each other in distance from his house depending on what part of town he lives in. (In fact they are.)
                                                                                Last edited by Bogtrotter07; 06-02-2013, 11:43 AM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  OFFER HIM NOW PLEASE

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Maybe also OSU, UCLA and USC offer him now.. He must be a happy man right now.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      With his elite 11 performance, losing on Allen, and extreme need you would think we are on the phone with him tomorrow. Sure as heck need to be. Great size and seems like he has the necessary arm strength. #SignSomeQB

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        initially our only offer (however noncommitable so what was the ****ing point) was to Dawkins.

gunner transfers, we put out offers to allen, kid from Norman, and an ugly mfer (according to kuehnja;)) in Virginia if I'm not mistaking.

Allen commits to aTm.

wouldn't we go hard for the other two before offering kizer?

or are those other two offers noncommitable too?
                                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          What's with all the questions? LOL.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                                                                            What's with all the questions? LOL.
                                                                                            hey peter, i understand two questions can be a lot!
                                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                                              hey peter, i understand two questions can be a lot!
                                                                                              <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W5SC64DpAEE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Honestly, we got ****ed by the Gunner/Golson debacle. QBs tend to commit early and stick so you have to be in on them early. We went from completely passing on a QB to needing potentially two... and it's really late to get in with a lot of guys we might want.

There just aren't many quality options this year. Not a lot of talented signal callers out there and basically it's Kizer or bust at this point IMO... unless we flip someone or find a late bloomer.

Revisit Mahalak? TP said no way. Dawkins? Just all kinds of meh. Drew Barker? That ship sailed when we stopped recruiting him. Who else is there really?

Cunningham? Kizer? Park? O'Connor maybe?

Just a pretty dire year to be in desperate need of a QB. Long term we better pray that Hendrix can give us two good years, Zaire is good, and then there can be a smooth transition to whomever we get in 2015. Either that or Golson comes back.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Cunningham could really turn out to be a very good option and w/ alot of teams set for QB that situation could turn out good for ND. Baylor leads at the moment but I have a feeling he will get better offers.

Don't get why we just don't offer Kizer, even if its not commitable at the moment for some reason. He doesn't seem to care that his Bama offer is not commitable,

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                    Just a pretty dire year to be in desperate need of a QB. Long term we better pray that Hendrix can give us two good years, Zaire is good, and then there can be a smooth transition to whomever we get in 2015. Either that or Golson comes back.
                                                                                                    All of this.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X