Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 UT TE Dalton Schultz (Stanford Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 UT TE Dalton Schultz (Stanford Verbal)

Tight End
    South Jordan, Utah
    Bingham High School

Measurables
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 215

Stats
    2012:
    2013:

Rankings
    Rivals: #116 Overall
    247: 87 Rating, #5 UT, #14 TE
    ESPN: TBD
    Scout: #2 TE
    247 Composite 93 Rating, #3 UT, #6 TE, #178 Overall

Offers
    Stanford
    California
    Colorado
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Oklahoma
    Utah
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    Brigham Young
    Hawaii
    Tennessee
    Washington
    UCLA

Interest
    Florida
    Florida State

ND Recruiter: Bob Elliott
    Decision Schedule:

Highlights

Dalton Schultz - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
    <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ow3gtAHbgD4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LtuC4w5wxhMmaVNeGgMtGU1ehcvuHvOjP9tT-lJG0YY/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-15-2013, 08:28 AM. Reason: Added Hudl
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

He was offered recently (Rivals article if anyone wants to share)

Bob Elliott is his recruiter

Stanford leads

From The 2014 Master List
    Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
    Barton Simmons at the NLA Las Vegas 7-7
    Dalton Schultz is no joke. Big athletic TE that has shown Great hands. Snoop All Stars striding to contain him.
    Last edited by STLDomer; 03-04-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Do want. We nees to find and post his complete HL. Beast

Comment

Originally posted by drake29 View Post
        Do want. We nees to find and post his complete HL. Beast
        Already found and posted my man, watch his Hudl tape

Comment

Sorry STL. Didn't see it there! This kid would fit perfectly in NDs offense.

Comment

Per 247 Top 4 of ND, Stanford, Washington, and Utah.

Likes the coaches at UW and UT
            Likes the academics at ND and Stanford (plus called ND TE U)

Comment

Similar skillset to Mark Andrews but with more consistant hands and a little better 'make-you-miss' ability.

Comment

#9 huh? Wonder if he emulates a certain Kyle Rudolph.

Comment

Number 1 Overall Pass Catcher at the NLA Las Vegas 7-7

1. Dalton Schultz, TE, South Jordan (Utah) Bingham – Though he may have been the biggest prospect in attendance, Schultz was more than just a body mismatch. When he caught the ball all weekend, it was startling how quick and athletic he was after the catch. Schultz looked like one of the nation’s elite tight ends all weekend.
                  Perspective: Nathan Starks, Miciah Quick and Tyler Luatua were all in this catagory

He's about to get a giant bump on 247

Comment

How good of a shot do we think we really have here? This kid seems like a total baller and potentially dominant player.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                      How good of a shot do we think we really have here? This kid seems like a total baller and potentially dominant player.
                      Well we just offered and we're already in his top 4, so I'd say pretty good.
                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

a lot of very good TE's seem to be interested in ND early. finally seeing the light that we are TE U
                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Presuming this kid is LDS, get Chris Badger involved in his recruitment and of course Manti. Anyone know if he plans to take a Mission?
                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

i don't believe manti or badger can get involved without him initiating contact...think that would be a violation.

but if that is the case maybe pair with badger while on a visit.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                              i don't believe manti or badger can get involved without him initiating contact...think that would be a violation.

but if that is the case maybe pair with badger while on a visit.
                              Manti technically isn't part of ND anymore, so I think he could.

Comment

i don't think that's allowed though under NCAA rules....

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                  Manti technically isn't part of ND anymore, so I think he could.
                                  That's exactly why he couldn't.
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                    That's exactly why he couldn't.
                                    Why couldn't Manti contact him? Manti has no current affiliation with ND, nor does this kid. Seems like fair game to me.

Comment

Why couldn't Manti contact him? Manti has no current affiliation with ND, nor does this kid. Seems like fair game to me.
                                      Manti does have affiliation with the University. He's an alumni and former player which automatically makes him a Representative of Athletics Interests. And this is a recruit.

Booster + Recruit = No No
                                      Last edited by BeauBenken; 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Manti does have affiliation with the University. He's an alumni and former player which automatically makes him a booster. And this is a recruit.

Booster + Recruit = No No
                                        'Boosters' can contact recruits, though. Of course they cannot give them money, but they can tweet them, talk to them, meet them, etc.

Comment

'Boosters' can contact recruits, though. Of course they cannot give them money, but they can tweet them, talk to them, meet them, etc.
                                          Ripping this from the Cal Compliance page:

As a Representative of Athletics Interests, you are permitted to:
                                          1. Notify coaches about prospects in your area that may be strong additions to the Cal team;
                                          2. Attend high school or two-year college athletic contests or events where prospects may compete, but you may not contact the prospect or their relatives or guardians;
                                          3. Continue existing friendships with families of prospects, but you may not attempt to recruit the prospect.
                                          4. Engage in permissible pre-enrollment activities with a prospect, such as summer employment, provided the prospect has already signed a National Letter of Intent and the institution is aware and informed these contacts are made.
                                          5. Have a phone conversation with a prospect only if the prospect initiates the call. Such a call may not be pre-arranged by any institutional staff member or another representative of athletics interests. All questions regarding the athletic department must be referred to the proper Athletic Department staff member.
                                          More:

Rules to Remember
                                          1. Only coaches and university staff members can be involved in the recruiting process. All boosters, alumni, friends and other Representatives of Athletics Interests, who are not employed by the University, are prohibited from making contact (in person, by phone, by fax, or by letter) with a prospective student-athlete, or his or her family, for the purpose of encouraging participation in the Cal athletics program. An alum may be called by a prospect to discuss the University generally, but not to talk about University of California Athletics.
                                          2. An impermissible contact, even if unintentional, could subject the University of California to penalties imposed by the NCAA. Prospects could lose eligibility for competition at Cal because of a recruiting violation.

As a representative of California's athletics interests, you may not provide a prospect with improper recruiting inducements, including but not limited to:
                                          1. Contact a prospect's coach, principal or counselor in an effort to evaluate a prospect;
                                          2. Visit a prospect's educational institution to pick up film or transcripts pertaining to the evaluation of a prospect's academic eligibility or athletic ability;
                                          3. Contact a prospect, his/her relatives or legal guardians on or off the Cal campus or by telephone;
                                          4. Write a prospect, his/her relatives or legal guardians; or make special arrangements for entertaining a prospect on an official visit (e.g., by providing donations, good, services, or discounts).
                                          Last edited by BeauBenken; 03-04-2013, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Ripping this from the Cal Compliance page:
                                            Thanks for doing the homework. I couldn't find anything.

Two questions, what makes one an 'Representative of Athletic Interest'? Is that literally anyone who's an alumn of said-university? So whiskeyjack is an alumn of ND, therefore can never tweet at a recruit? Not trying to get him in trouble, but I know he's tweeted recruits the ROI for different schools. Are you saying he's in violation?

Is this NCAA policy or Cal policy? Big difference.

Edit: Whiskey, this isn't some backlash towards you for exposing my full name on IE, lol. After BeauBenken replied, I was going to delete this to avoid needless speculation, but it looks like you wouldn't be in violation anyways, so I'll leave it up. Unless, of course, you had a 'Rudy' moment with some sport during your time at ND that you're not sharing! Lol.
                                            Last edited by kuehnja; 03-04-2013, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for doing the homework. I couldn't find anything.

Two questions, what makes one an 'Representative of Athletic Interest'? Is that literally anyone who's an alumn of said-university? So whiskeyjack is an alumn of ND, therefore can never tweet at a recruit? Not trying to get him in trouble, but I know he's tweeted recruits the ROI for different schools. Are you saying he's in violation?

Again, from Cal's page:

Under NCAA rules a "representative of the institution's athletics interests (athletics representative/booster) is any individual who:
                                              1. Made any type of contribution to the University or Athletic Department;
                                              2. Joined a Cal booster club or any sport specific support group;
                                              3. Provided benefits (e.g., summer jobs) to prospective or enrolled student-athletes or their families;
                                              4. Assisted, in any manner, in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;
                                              5. Participated as a varsity athlete at the University of California;
                                              6. Is the parent or legal guardian of an enrolled student-athlete;
                                              7. Promoted the athletics program in any way.
                                              Once an individual is identified as a "Representative of the Institution's Athletics Interest," the person retains that identity forever.

Comment

So whiskeyjack is an alumn of ND, therefore can never tweet at a recruit? Not trying to get him in trouble, but I know he's tweeted recruits the ROI for different schools. Are you saying he's in violation?

Thing is, it's all gray area in that the NCAA doesn't try to control minor things like what Whiskey does. Twitter and other social media sites have introduced a mass amount of communication between people who are technically boosters and "prospective student athletes".

And where the NCAA won't get mad for small things, they COULD. There's a fine line of what they will allow to pass and what they won't.

These rules I imagine are prompted by EVERY school in a way to ensure that no improper contact between a booster and a prospect will go down...including Notre Dame.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XsM9ITD-fDY" allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>

It's as simple as this: if the school doesn't pay you to contact recruits, don't.
                                                Last edited by BeauBenken; 03-04-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Aside from (7) on the list above (what's the definition of "promote"?), I don't fall into any of those categories. Though I need to start contributing annually so my kids can get accepted.

I think the only uncommitted recruit I ever tweeted at was Keith Marshall (and it was in response to a specific request for degree value info). I've tweeted the ROI chart at a couple of our verbals to give them some ammo for pushing back against haters.

But it's generally a bad idea. I try to avoid doing so.

It's as simple as this: if the school doesn't pay you to contact recruits, don't.
                                                  This is a good general rule, simply because (NCAA aside) most fan tweets do more harm than good. Some people manage to tweet responsibly at recruits (TP, Lax, etc), and I'm not about to label them rogue boosters or call them out for public shaming. As in so many areas, the NCAA rules simply haven't been updated for things like Twitter yet.

When in doubt, don't.
                                                  Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 03-04-2013, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                    Aside from (7) on the list above (what's the definition of "promote"?), I don't fall into any of those categories. Though I need to start contributing annually so my kids can get accepted.

I think the only uncommitted recruited I ever tweeted at was Keith Marshall (and it was in response to a specific request for degree value info). I've tweeted the ROI chart at a couple of our verbals to give them some ammo for pushing back against haters.

This is a good general rule, simply because (NCAA aside) most fan tweets do more harm than good. Some people manage to tweet responsibly at recruits (TP, Lax, etc), and I'm not about to label them rogue boosters or call them out for public shaming. As in so many areas, the NCAA rules simply haven't been updated for things like Twitter yet.

When in doubt, don't.
                                                    Generally, but exposing factual ROI info to impressionable kids who by all accounts get lied to a lot during the recruiting process? I say fire away! It's not like you're having an ongoing dialogue with said-recruit, trying to persuade them. Giving them that information rather than advice is good for all involved.
                                                    Last edited by kuehnja; 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post

I think the only uncommitted recruited I ever tweeted at was Keith Marshall (and it was in response to a specific request for degree value info). I've tweeted the ROI chart at a couple of our verbals to give them some ammo for pushing back against haters.

When in doubt, don't.
                                                      This.

Rules #1 is a very wide rule though. Contributions can come in many forms. Like buying anything from the school counts, I believe.
                                                      Last edited by BeauBenken; 03-04-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

TP is as rogue as they come.

Actor Danny Hayden>TP

Comment

Maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't want Manti recruiting for us right now.
                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                            +1

Don't get me wrong because I Love Manti (insert joke here) but I think there is just too much negativity surrounding his name right now. He may have some unique insight into the school and coaching that others would not, but as a recruiting help I think he would be toxic right now. Plus if I was going to throw a former player at this kid it would be Eifert.
                                                            Last edited by md_bennett; 03-04-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                              I disagree.

It's easy for fans to say that, but anyone who has any personal exposure to Manti walks away raving about how awesome of a person he is. If he could get close to some recruits and sell ND to them, I'm all for it. What a testimony to tell kids about how the coaches and ND had your back during such an embarrassing situation. Obviously he can't recruit for us so this point is moot .
                                                              Last edited by kuehnja; 03-04-2013, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Manti has to many other things to worry about and not recruiting high school kids.

We have Grubl and Fister for a reason guys.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                  Number 1 Overall Pass Catcher at the NLA Las Vegas 7-7

Perspective: Nathan Starks, Miciah Quick and Tyler Luatua were all in this catagory

He's about to get a giant bump on 247
                                                                  To add to this. ESPN had him as the top overall performer at the camp. Followed by Michiah Quick.

Top 10 performers for the Las Vegas New Level Athletics 7 on 7 - ESPN

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                    To add to this. ESPN had him as the top overall performer at the camp. Followed by Michiah Quick.

Top 10 performers for the Las Vegas New Level Athletics 7 on 7 - ESPN
                                                                    That's certainly big news with Luatua being there as well. It shows just how well he played. A question about how the best pass catcher came about. Does that just rate hands? Or does that take into account route running, cuts in and out of breaks, and ball skills?

Comment

this is from the article above: he is probably one of the most ferocious blockers that I've coached
                                                                      EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Per Wiltfong, interest in increasing and wouldn't be surprised if we are on his short list of top schools.

Comment

My #1 TE prospect!

It...

Comment

It...
                                                                            hit the fan?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                              hit the fan?
                                                                              Booooooooo

Comment

• #40
                                                                                My #1 TE prospect!

It...
                                                                                ...'s ALIVE!

...puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
                                                                                Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Does anyone else think TE might play out this year like olb did for the olb from Washington who's name is evading me right now, that committed to us early and as we gained ground with better prospects, he got squeezed out, so to speak? Seems like with the limited spots, the early commitment and being in at least the top 5 with 3 very good ones, could be similar.

Edit: mattingly
                                                                                  Last edited by kuehnja; 04-25-2013, 03:18 PM.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Does anyone else think TE might play out this year like olb did for the olb from Washington who's name is evading me right now, that committed to us early and as we gained ground with better prospects, he got squeezed out, so to speak? Seems like with the limited spots, the early commitment and being in at least the top 5 with 3 very good ones, could be similar.
                                                                                    Mattingly,danny
                                                                                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      My #1 TE prospect!

It...
                                                                                      Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                                      hit the fan?
                                                                                      Booooooooo
                                                                                      Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                                                                                      ...'s ALIVE!

...puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
                                                                                      moved?
                                                                                      Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        offered by USC
                                                                                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>In no particular order: Stanford Washington Oregon St. Utah Notre Dame</p>&mdash; Dalton Schultz (@BinghamBaller9) <a href="https://twitter.com/BinghamBaller9/statuses/359403073900261378">July 22, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Is there anyway ND takes him with Luatua most likely coming to ND?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NDFAN22 View Post
                                                                                              I don't know for certain but I would bet that the staff would take him they are high enough on Luatua on D
                                                                                              If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I would say yes. Luatua can also play LB.
                                                                                                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #49

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Staff cooled on him after we got Weishar I believe

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X