Measurables
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 190
    40: 4.39
    Shuttle: 4.2
    Vertical: 32 inches

Stats
    2010: 67 Receptions, 1238 Recieving Yards, 9 Recieving TDs
    2011: 67 Receptions, 1220 Recieving Yards, 12 Recieving TDs, 65 Rushing Attempts, 483 Rushing Yards, 11 Rushing TDs
    2012: 111 Receptions, 2094 Recieving Yards, 26 TDs

Rankings
    247: 93 Rating #8 LA, #15 WR, #115 Overall
    Rivals: #102 Overall
    Scout: #17 WR
    ESPN: TBD
    247 Composite: 95 Rating, #8 LA, #15 WR, #97 Overall

Offers
    California
    Clemson
    Duke
    Houston
    LSU
    Ole Miss
    Miss St
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Texas A&M

ND Recruiter:
    Decision Schedule:

Highlights

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pXDFqpZYSxY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LtuC4w5wxhMmaVNeGgMtGU1ehcvuHvOjP9tT-lJG0YY/viewform?embedded=true" width="760" height="500" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-15-2013, 08:10 AM.
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Offered today, dad say we will get "a look"

Louisiana is loaded this year and suprise suprise LSU leads with A&M in second

Comment

Is that 4.39 legit? Do you know where it was timed?

Comment

Idk that's just what Rivals listed

I'm on my phone so can someone embed his highlights? There's one from each year on YouTube

Comment

added 2012 highlights

Comment

would love to get some recruits from LA. Always a tough pull though. After making in-roads in FL, GA and TX it would be cool to see ND pull a kid from here
            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
              I'm no expert, but the eye test on that film doesn't convince me that his '4.39' looks like other 4.39s I've seen.

If it's legit, he's playing with a lot of other kids with 4.4 speed.

He's certainly athletic though.

Comment

Originally posted by JughedJones View Post
                I'm no expert, but the eye test on that film doesn't convince me that his '4.39' looks like other 4.39s I've seen.

oh hell no!!!! the kid is fast but def not 4.39 more like a 4.6...amazing how many HS kids are clocked at 4.4, 4.39 etc maybe 1 or 2 are actually that fast
                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Reminds me of Wes Welker or Brandon Stokely IMO.
                  I'm too drunk to taste this chicken.

Comment

If both A&M and LSU want him, that's gonna be a hard pull. Of the 4 highly-rated Louisiana WRs, he's the one I'm the least sold on. Barbe is basically this decade's version of Evangel (Evangel produced Josh and John David Booty and Brock Berlin) -- they're an air-it-out team taking advantage of the slow players produced by western LA. The competition-level is mediocre although Barbe made it to the state championship game this year and played some very good teams along the way (those schools only make brief cameos on the highlight film).

I'm kind of surprised we've now offered Quinn and Noil and not Malachi Dupre. He's the most talented of the bunch by a country mile, goes to the best school of the three, and is the most likely to leave the area.

Comment

Lol, no. He's white. Reminds me of Wes Welker though.
                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

No more like a Jordan Shipley...

Comment

I like his film.
                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by jtrain View Post
                            No more like a Jordan Shipley...
                            Dare I say, maybe even like Steve Largent?

Comment

Originally posted by NDBoiler View Post
                              Dare I say, maybe even like Steve Largent?
                              he reminds me of that great white receiver that plays football, oh what was his name

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                he reminds me of that great white receiver that plays football, oh what was his name
                                Duh, Chris Collinsworth!

Comment

What, no love?

/s/

Ed McCaffrey

Comment

Originally posted by JughedJones View Post

Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                    oh hell no!!!! the kid is fast but def not 4.39 more like a 4.6...amazing how many HS kids are clocked at 4.4, 4.39 etc maybe 1 or 2 are actually that fast
                                    I know it's hand timed but HE FAST.

“@GLaneyESPN: #ESPNWatchList WR Trey Quinn ran a 10.4 100 meters (hand timed) to win the event at the district 3-5A track meet today. That's flying.”

Comment

Wow... that's blazing.

I'm curious if the staff thinks they can really land any of these Louisiana guys. Would be pretty shocking to me if any of them went somewhere outside of the Gulf region.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                        Wow... that's blazing.

I'm curious if the staff thinks they can really land any of these Louisiana guys. Would be pretty shocking to me if any of them went somewhere outside of the Gulf region.
                                        I'd be shocked on Quinn and Noil. Think they're both pretty close to LSU locks. Barbe (Quinn's HS) is an LSU feeder school in Lake Charles, which is in the heart of Cajun country. Noil goes to Edna Karr, which is in New Orleans and virtually always places athletes in the Deep South. He's also been extremely positive on LSU.

Sims and Dupre are different stories, though. On Dupre: Curtis athletes regularly leave the state. It's one of the top high school football programs in the country and the headmaster/coach really works to help his players find a national program that fits them. Kids who go there typically come from suburban New Orleans and don't have the community pressure to stay local that a lot of Southern athletes face. Dupre's also expressed an openness to leaving the region for college. Sims, on the other hand, goes to a rural school in northeastern LA. Typically, that bodes very well for Alabama. It's also the area where LSU usually strikes out.

I'd put Dupre at 60/40 to stay in the region, Sims at about 70/30. The other two are highly unlikely to leave the South.

Comment

Reminds me of John Goodman

Comment

Took first place in the district 100m track meet ran a 10.40.
                                            Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbar View Post
                                              Took first place in the district 100m track meet ran a 10.40.
                                              That is flying.
                                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

According to 24/7 sports Speedy Noil, Malachi Dupre, D'haquille Williams, and Trey Quinn are all 100&#37; going to LSU. I mean come on there's no way LSU can get that kind of hall.

EDIT: and they already have Tony Upchurch

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomerDJ View Post
                                                  According to 24/7 sports Speedy Noil, Malachi Dupre, D'haquille Williams, and Trey Quinn are all 100% going to LSU. I mean come on there's no way LSU can get that kind of hall.

I wouldn't bet against it.
                                                  60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

According to 24/7 sports Speedy Noil, Malachi Dupre, D'haquille Williams, and Trey Quinn are all 100% going to LSU. I mean come on there's no way LSU can get that kind of hall.

Obviously there's a chance, but I wouldn't read too much into the crystal ball predictions this early in the process. When these kids start to visit more places and take officials the predictions will start to change.

I'd say EV and Redfield would've been 100% USC this stage last year and I doubt Bryant would've had any % for ND.

Comment

They're well positioned to have the top class this year. The 100% figure is "100% of our experts think they go to LSU" rather than "Our experts think there's a 100% chance they go to LSU." It's an important distinction. Noil and Quinn are extremely strong leans. Dupre's getting worked on heavily and has a lot of ties to the team. Duke Riley ('13 LSU commit) is a good friend and former teammate of Dupre's; Dupre went along on some of Riley's visits last year. Will Clapp ('14 LSU commit from Brother Martin in New Orleans) tweets with him a lot. He also drove up for the spring game this weekend. Anyone who wants to steal him away faces a definite uphill battle.

They've also got Ed Paris, who's a phenomenal safety prospect. Cameron Robinson, Laurence Jones, and Tony Brown are strong LSU leans, and it's probably safe to say they lead on Fournette and Gerald Willis.

As of right now, they have a legitimate shot at 5 guys in the 247 composite top-10 and have a solid lead on 3 of them. They lead for another 4 in the top 50, with one of those already committed (Noil and Justin Thornton just miss the cut as well).

Comment

Originally posted by NOLAIrish View Post
                                                        They're well positioned to have the top class this year. The 100% figure is "100% of our experts think they go to LSU" rather than "Our experts think there's a 100% chance they go to LSU." It's an important distinction. Noil and Quinn are extremely strong leans. Dupre's getting worked on heavily and has a lot of ties to the team. Duke Riley ('13 LSU commit) is a good friend and former teammate of Dupre's; Dupre went along on some of Riley's visits last year. Will Clapp ('14 LSU commit from Brother Martin in New Orleans) tweets with him a lot. He also drove up for the spring game this weekend. Anyone who wants to steal him away faces a definite uphill battle.

They've also got Ed Paris, who's a phenomenal safety prospect. Cameron Robinson, Laurence Jones, and Tony Brown are strong LSU leans, and it's probably safe to say they lead on Fournette and Gerald Willis.

As of right now, they have a legitimate shot at 5 guys in the 247 composite top-10 and have a solid lead on 3 of them. They lead for another 4 in the top 50, with one of those already committed (Noil and Justin Thornton just miss the cut as well).
                                                        Definitely! With the amount of talent in state this year it is hard to imagine LSU not finishing at the very top of the recruiting classes this year.

Comment

Yeah LSU is just kicking *** early on. But the main reason I made that post was to raise the point that LSU just couldn't nab all of these players. I think Quinn is one that could be swayed and I know we are going after Dupre hard. I think sometimes experts see LSU offered a top Louisiana kid and they just think its over. I would love a slot guy like Quinn. He just seems to play the game at full speed. A lot of high school kids slow down in routes and he looks to be at full throttler through his catches. I think that is huge!

Comment

In one half Mettenberger was 12-19 for 236 and 2 touchdowns, and they finally brought in a real Offensive coordinator (Cam Cameron), so they will have a lot more to sell to these kids other than just being the home school. If they beat Alabama (which could happen now that they will have a real offensive game plan) they could snag a bunch of this talent. I think Mr. Quinn is a perfect fit in the slot for us though.
                                                            Last edited by Redbar; 04-21-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Yeah LSU is just kicking *** early on. But the main reason I made that post was to raise the point that LSU just couldn't nab all of these players. I think Quinn is one that could be swayed and I know we are going after Dupre hard. I think sometimes experts see LSU offered a top Louisiana kid and they just think its over. I would love a slot guy like Quinn. He just seems to play the game at full speed. A lot of high school kids slow down in routes and he looks to be at full throttler through his catches. I think that is huge!
                                                              They do, and I've detailed LSU's poor in-state track record under Miles in a past post. I put a lot more stock into the rumblings out of LSU (i.e. local chatter, the wretched hive of scum and villainy known as Tigerdroppings.com, my knowledge of the regional schools/communities, etc.) than the recruiting sites. Right now, all of those signs are pointing to Quinn being an LSU lock. He's been to LSU regularly this season; his entire family came out for the spring game; several people with ties to Barbe have said he's all-LSU. A lot of Tigers think his commitment is imminent. Best I can tell, the 4 LA wide-outs in order of likelihood they leave the state are: Sims, Dupre, Noil, Quinn.

Comment

Wide receiver Trey Quinn has an All-American cause

Comment

Seems like a young man that could really thrive in South Bend. I hope we get him on campus at a time when he could really interact with the coaches and players.

Comment

Dad played football at LSU, another mountain to climb in that damn state

Comment

Per 247 ND is still in the mix, sources indicate Clemson may have pulled up close to LSU for Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                        Per 247 ND is still in the mix, sources indicate Clemson may have pulled up close to LSU for Quinn.
                                                                        I don't think he is leaving Louisiana. Even Les may not be able to screw this one up.

Comment

Originally posted by T Town Tommy View Post
                                                                          I don't think he is leaving Louisiana. Even Les may not be able to screw this one up.
                                                                          I don't know what their recruiting strategy is, but they might regret not pressuring all these top WRs to commit. It seems they are starting to slip away (as in went from LSU locks to just LSU leads if u know what I mean).

Comment

I don't know what their recruiting strategy is, but they might regret not pressuring all these top WRs to commit. It seems they are starting to slip away (as in went from LSU locks to just LSU leads if u know what I mean).
                                                                            It's shaping up to be just like USC last year.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Agree. With Les there everyone else has some hope.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Expected to decide in the next week between Clemson & LSU

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Committed to LSU

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    never in doubt, surprized he waited so long to commit
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      <iframe src="http://gfycat.com/ifr/CheapTastyKob" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="574" height="904" style="-webkit-backface-visibility: hidden;-webkit-transform: scale(1);" ></iframe>
                                                                                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        randy moss used to catch punts with one hand between his legs at marshall
                                                                                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                          randy moss used to catch punts with one hand between his legs at marshall
                                                                                          this aint bad either :D
                                                                                          <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2VSs_BMT-yM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/qO7DMDqsZg">pic.twitter.com/qO7DMDqsZg</a></p>&mdash; Trey Quinn (@treyquinn8) <a href="https://twitter.com/treyquinn8/status/699672300304494593">February 16, 2016</a></blockquote>
                                                                                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Where's he headed?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Where's he headed?
                                                                                                no word just yet....saw he started following a bunch of different coaches from cali, arizona, texas tech

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Where's he headed?
                                                                                                  If past is prologue, then ND and then Cincinnati
                                                                                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Where's he headed?
                                                                                                    He's going to retake the SAT in March in hopes to catch on with Stanford.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X