Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 NJ OT Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 NJ OT Quenton Nelson (Notre Dame Signee)

Red Bank, New Jersey
    Red Bank Catholic High School

Offensive Tackle

Measurements
    Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 285lbs

Twitter Account

Rankings
    ESPN: #10 OG #155 Overall
    Rivals: #3 OT | #19 National
    Scout: #8 OT
    247: #6 OT | 90 Rating | #74 National
    247Comp: #6 OT | .9696 Rating | #57 National

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Boston College
    UConn
    Maryland
    Miami
    Michigan St.
    Nebraska
    North Carolina
    North Carolina St.
    Northwestern
    Ohio State

Video

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G-hFM5EZO0Q?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z_u8rFDfw_w?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VxwJaVJGxs8?feature=player_detailpage" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

Recruiter

Recruiting Services
    247: Quenton Nelson
    Scout: Scout.com: Quenton Nelson Profile
    Rivals: Quenton Nelson - Yahoo! Sports
    ESPN: Quenton Nelson - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 09:14 AM. Reason: Updated rankings
    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

visiting in the spring

Comment

My man using the maps!

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
        My man using the maps!
        that is a great addition to the profiles you added to...reps

Comment

'14 NJ OT/OG Quenton Nelson

Last edited by Grahambo; 02-18-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Touted NJ OL Has ND Interest

“He just picked up one from Central Florida, so he’s up to 21,” Red Bank Catholic head coach Jim Portela said. “Everybody’s looking at him; Notre Dame, Alabama, you name it, he’s got interest from them.”

He’s 6-5, 290 and you would never even realize it,” his coach said. “He’s in such good shape, he looks like he could carry a lot more weight. He’s very explosive. When you see his highlight tape, you see him playing with the energy that high school linemen who are 5-10, 200 pounds play with. He plays with that energy at 6-foot-5, 290. He finishes his blocks. He has a great edge to him, great footwork and he’s a very athletic kid for anybody, not just a kid his size.”

Nelson has interest in Notre Dame and is planning a trip to South Bend sometime this spring. Irish assistant Bob Diaco has made a couple stops by the school to check on Nelson.

EDIT: Solid highlight film and reminds me of Golic Jr.

Comment

I merged your profile with one Bery started a few days ago, Grahambo.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                I merged your profile with one Bery started a few days ago, Grahambo.
                My bad. I totally forgot to even look to see if he had a profile. Oh well. Anyways, kid looks a bit underrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                  My bad. I totally forgot to even look to see if he had a profile. Oh well. Anyways, kid looks a bit underrated.
                  I read that article earlier on ISD and then looked to see if a profile had been started. After I found it I forgot to post the article/recap. Oops.

Comment

Coming April 5-6 per BG

Comment

looks like april is going to be bigger than the jr day
                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

APRIL 6TH VISIT

but Notre Dame is still evaluating Nelson. There is a chance an offer will come on the visit, as Nelson talks frequently with offensive line coach Harry Hiestand and regional recruiter Bob Diaco. Both of the coaches have expressed significant interest in Nelson and are thrilled he will finally make it to campus.

Nelson said an offer from Notre Dame would be a big one for him, as the university presents the best of both the academic and athletic worlds.

“They've got the best of everything: facilities, program, alumni, network, really good coaching staff, academics, campus,” Nelson said. “It’s a really great school.”

INSIDER
                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Alabama Offered yesterday.

247 Rating is now a 90 and Composite is now a 95
                          “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

wouldn't be mad if he snagged one of the 4 O line spots

Comment

Arrived in South Bend

Comment

Safe to say he won't get an offer until Mustipher decides? No reason to potentially have 3 guards in this class after last year's OL haul.

Comment

I hope we offer.

Comment

does he project at all as a tackle?

we land him and bars (whose definitely a tackle, imo) then add mustipher, i'd call that a pretty solid OL class, considering we look to only take 4

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

we land him and bars (whose definitely a tackle, imo) then add mustipher, i'd call that a pretty solid OL class, considering we look to only take 4
                                      I bet we'd still take a stud, like Smith, even if we got 4. It would be great position to be in.

Comment

Yeah, that'd be pretty awesome. And you could always make a squeeze move for Braden Smith if you wanted.....

Comment

IMO, this visit will go a long way in determining that outcome. I think the staff isn't sure if Nelson is a guard or tackle prospect and getting to see him in person might clear that up.

Comment

Offered.

Comment

Nelson said it was his best visit so far

Comment

Would love to land this kid at tackle. Has great athleticism for his size, and I can never have enough NJ kids on ND's roster.
                                                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                  IMO, this visit will go a long way in determining that outcome. I think the staff isn't sure if Nelson is a guard or tackle prospect and getting to see him in person might clear that up.
                                                  24/7 clarified that ND is indeed recruiting him at tackle.
                                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                    Safe to say he won't get an offer until Mustipher decides? No reason to potentially have 3 guards in this class after last year's OL haul.
                                                    Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                    Welp I guess that clears up my thoughts from earlier this week. Thanks IM.

Comment

This is a great offer IMO. Too many times have we waited on big time names and not put out out contingency plans when the McDermott's of the world scorn us. I don't by any means want it to sound like this guy is less of a prospect by saying that. Would love to have him and he would help continue the depth surge on the O-line from last years class.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                        Good to hear, that makes the numbers work better. Nelson, Mustipher, and Smith seems realistic and high quality.

Comment

Originally posted by yankeeND View Post
                                                          This is a great offer IMO. Too many times have we waited on big time names and not put out out contingency plans when the McDermott's of the world scorn us. I don't by any means want it to sound like this guy is less of a prospect by saying that. Would love to have him and he would help continue the depth surge on the O-line from last years class.
                                                          Agreed. His offer list is extremely impressive right now. I really hope we pull him, Mustipher and Smith if we settle for 4.

Comment

Pretty much said ND has every being he could want and said if he choose ND he could see himself doing very well here.

Also interesting note, Steve Elmer was his host.

As I posted before he said it was his best visit so far.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post

Also interesting note, Steve Elmer was his host.
                                                              Steve Elmer is still helping other prospects see why he chose Notre Dame so early and never waivered. He was a key to putting together last year's class, and it looks like he is doing it again..
                                                              Last edited by EddytoNow; 04-06-2013, 07:03 PM. Reason: Correction

Comment

He seems big, strong, and athletic. I could see him at guard but as Ironman8 posted, staff likes him at tackle. His technique is pretty bad, but that can be coached. He stands up immediately upon making contact rather than driving through the defender, but that's probably because he's bigger and stronger than everyone right now.

Comment

Anyone have any idea if this kid is through growing yet? I does not look to have the physical maturity that many prospects so, when they reach their final size. This kid looks like he could still grow a bit. He looks a legit 6'5" so he could become a prototypical tackle as he almost looks thin at 290. His feet seem to go, and he can move a bit. I think he is a bit of the under the radar recruit, as someone else stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                                                    Anyone have any idea if this kid is through growing yet? I does not look to have the physical maturity that many prospects so, when they reach their final size. This kid looks like he could still grow a bit. He looks a legit 6'5" so he could become a prototypical tackle as he almost looks thin at 290. His feet seem to go, and he can move a bit. I think he is a bit of the under the radar recruit, as someone else stated.
                                                                    Let me contact his physician, hopefully they've been charting his height over the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                      Let me contact his physician, hopefully they've been charting his height over the past few years.
                                                                      More interested in the results of hand x-rays, to look at growth plates, LOL! I was just trying to offer a reason why the staff may be positive; why they may make extra room; and why this guy may be a relatively unknown.

(Just like the recruiting services seemed to have no love for Elmer, but he looks like a vet out there this spring!)

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/matthladik919">matthladik919</a>: 4-star Rivals100 lineman Quenton Nelson has a Top 5, in order: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Rutgers, BC and Penn State</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@NDatRivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDatRivals/status/323168316694863872">April 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                        <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/matthladik919">matthladik919</a>: 4-star Rivals100 lineman Quenton Nelson has a Top 5, in order: Notre Dame, Ohio State, Rutgers, BC and Penn State</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@NDatRivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDatRivals/status/323168316694863872">April 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                          Edit Grahmbo beat me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Golden Tate Fan View Post

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Grahambo View Post

Comment

• #40

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  He's making another visit to the Bend soon right?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                                    He's making another visit to the Bend soon right?
                                                                                    I don't think so

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                                      I don't think so
                                                                                      I'm sorry, I think that was Alex Bars. Or I'm just hearing things

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        He likes "The Bend"

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>More on <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> now leading for 2014 NJ OL Quenton Nelson. (Premium) <a href="http://t.co/4IzPU24iVl" title="http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php/48553-Quick-Update-OL-Quenton-Nelson">irishsportsdaily.com/forums/showthr…</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/323174663423410176">April 13, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            He is visiting Rutgers today and Penn State next weekend

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              so what's the scoop on us still leading for him??

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                so what's the scoop on us still leading for him??
                                                                                                We lead for him after his visit, he plans on announcing before his season starts. Great news for the Irish

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  This has been a great recruiting weekend with the guys that visited, plus this news. Would love to see Quenton in blue and gold.
                                                                                                  Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I didn't realize how highly ranked this kid is. Wanted him anyway but that just adds to it. Would love to finish the OL off with Nelson, Mustipher, and Bars and then hold a spot for Smith.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X