Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 MD OG/DT Sam Mustipher (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 MD OG/DT Sam Mustipher (Notre Dame Signee)

Offensive guard
    Olney, Maryland
    Good Counsel

Ht: 6'4"
    Wt: 286 lbs
    GPA: 4.5

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Arkansas
    Clemson
    Florida
    Florida State
    Georgia Tech
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Miami
    Michigan
    N.C. State
    Nebraska
    North Carolina
    Northwestern
    Ohio St.
    Oklahoma
    Penn St.
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    Tennessee
    Tulane
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    West Virginia

Rankings:
    Rivals: 5.9 rating, #122 Overall
    247: (91 rating, 199 overall, #11 OG)
    Scout: #2 Guard
    ESPN: ESPN 300 watchlist
    247 Composite: .9424 rating, #7 OG #118 Overall

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wgcgM2vZNfc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="359" width="435"></iframe>
    Last edited by BeauBenken; 04-15-2013, 05:51 PM. Reason: Updated rankings

According to 247 will be at Notre Dame's Junior Day on January 19th.

Comment

Junior highlights:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wgcgM2vZNfc?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice looking guard prospect--and we need interior linemen. Defensive film was just ok though. Definitely think he looks like a better OG prospect on film.
      Last edited by Emcee77; 12-21-2012, 05:21 PM.

Comment

It would be awesome to lay some inroads at Our Lady of Good Counsel. They produce incredible talent.

Comment

BTW, this thread is in '13 Recruiting instead of '14 Recruiting

Comment

Boy, Junior Day is early this year.

Comment

ND coaches probably saw what happened with Michigan's last year and wants to replicate that. Michigan's last year was in February I believe.

Comment

when is the junior day??
                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Jan. 19th

Comment

wow...didn't know it was that early...hopefully we got some crystal to show off!!

Comment

January 19th? Is this considerably early compared to last year? Also, does doing this early afford the opportunity to have a couple big spring recruiting weekends?
                      This looks like a good thing to me!

Comment

I imagine that we'll have more than one if we are doing it this early.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                          BTW, this thread is in '13 Recruiting instead of '14 Recruiting
                          Yeah I know. I realized it after I did it. I messaged Ironman about it and was hoping nobody would notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                            I imagine that we'll have more than one if we are doing it this early.
                            Bingo

Comment

Is there a list of who is coming on Jan. 19th?

Never mind see the list on BGI. Just this kid and Byrne for now.
                              Last edited by Luckylucci; 12-21-2012, 06:53 PM.

Comment

He is a WVU legacy.

Comment

He has offically set his visit for Junior Day on January 19th.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Golden Tate Fan View Post
                                    He is a WVU legacy.
                                    Hopefully he watched their performance today.
                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate

#NotreDame offered 2014 Maryland OT Sam Mustipher (@S_onMyChest52) during unofficial visit to campus on Saturday.
                                      Got offered today.

Comment

Jason Sapp
                                        ‏@BGI_JasonSapp
                                        Newly offered 2014 visitor RT @S_onMyChest52 Appreciate all the love from the fighting Irish!!! South bend is AMAZING, treating me well!

Comment

Someone might want to correct his name in the title of the thread.
                                          Can you read this? Miami can't.

Comment

2014 MD OL Sam Mustipher (@S_onMyChest52) was blown away by his visit to #NotreDame & left with another offer (Premium) http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...own-away-by-nd

Comment

Sam Mustipher on #ND: "With this visit, they’re definitely going to be high on my list...this is one of the best (visits) I’ve had."

Comment

Visit was much better than anticipated. Enjoyed telling with Hiestand, who sees him as an inside guy. His dad and he were called down to BK's office and told he had $63,000 a year to come to ND and play football and go to school. Said he wants to plan a visit for a spring practice and wants to bring his mom and younger brother next time to campus. If he hasn't committed by the start of the season, he will take an official to ND.

Comment

Who are his other favorites? West Virginia

Updated Rankings:

247 - #11 OG #199 OVR (91 Rating)
                                                  Rivals -
                                                  ESPN - NR
                                                  Scout - #13 DT
                                                  247Comp - #13 OG #225 OVR (.9157 Rating)

...and perhaps a picture:

Comment

Doesn't have a list of favorites yet but Notre Dame will be at the top of the list (!!!!)

Comment

Good Counsel?

Would be nice to make some inroads into that powerhouse.

Comment

love his build...looks like an athlete playing O line.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>I hate when a coach asks me what position I want to play. Ill play quarterback if you want me to I just love to win.</p>&mdash; Sam Mustipher II (@S_onMyChest52) <a href="https://twitter.com/S_onMyChest52/status/296401584491991040">January 29, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Love that attitude. Seems we are recruiting a lot of guys that feel that way, which I love.
                                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

love that attitude, it isnt seen enough if you ask me. People are too caught up in which position will give them the biggest and baddest highlight tape.

Comment

Fine, Sam, you come here and play QB. You won't do it...you won't...

Comment

His updated twitter avatar:

This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                  His updated twitter avatar:

Seeing that pic puts him on the short list for kids I expect to be in the class.

Comment

Didn't know he was up here. Or is it from long ago?

I've got one of those lanyards too with the ND logo tag.

It's totally cause ND was recruiting me.
                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Is he being recruited as an OG?

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                        Didn't know he was up here. Or is it from long ago?

I've got one of those lanyards too with the ND logo tag.

It's totally cause ND was recruiting me.
                                                                        The thread notes that he was at ND January 19th, which was when he received his ND offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                          The thread notes that he was at ND January 19th, which was when he received his ND offer.
                                                                          Alright. That was my guess was that it was from his earlier visit.
                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                            Is he being recruited as an OG?
                                                                            Allen Pinkett hopes so.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                              Allen Pinkett hopes so.
                                                                              Little known fact, MSU, offered

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Allen Pinkett hopes so.
                                                                                HAH!

I see what you did there.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Talked with coach hiestand, coach booker and coach Martin today <a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23GoldenArmy">#GoldenArmy</a></p>&mdash; Sam Mustipher II (@IAmFiveTwo) <a href="https://twitter.com/IAmFiveTwo/status/306574918672338944">February 27, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    He hashtagged GoldenArmy. He's in.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Great pad level
                                                                                      Very balanced in his initial attack.
                                                                                      High desire to finish
                                                                                      Athletic frame and looks ahead in physical readiness
                                                                                      Decent quickness
                                                                                      Average initial punch but balanced (definitely a guard)
                                                                                      Potential road grader
                                                                                      Great GPA

IMHO will be one of our 4-5 ol in 14 and a fantastic get.(Byrne , mustipher, K.C. And jones)

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Conference call? gotta be something good coming out of talking to three coaches.
                                                                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Next commit.......

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Visit was much better than anticipated. Enjoyed telling with Hiestand, who sees him as an inside guy. His dad and he were called down to BK's office and told he had $63,000 a year to come to ND and play football and go to school. Said he wants to plan a visit for a spring practice and wants to bring his mom and younger brother next time to campus. If he hasn't committed by the start of the season, he will take an official to ND.
                                                                                            maybe he was setting up this return visit with his mom and younger brother.
                                                                                            Prehistoric

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Solid OG prospect. He was laying some cakes out there. Sign him up.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Can't say I don't like 4* OG's. We're ready when you are Sam!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Bama offered

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                                    Bama offered

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X