Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 TN OT Alex Bars (Notre Dame Signee)

Offensive Tackle
    Nashville, TN
    Montgomery Bell Academy

Height: 6'6
    Weight: 290

Rankings:
    247: #19 OT | #200 Overall
    ESPN: #6 OT | #52 Overall
    Rivals: #6 OT | #36 Overall
    Scout: #17 OT | #208 Overall
    247 Composite: #16 OT | #160 Overall

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Duke
    Florida
    Florida St
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Michigan
    Mississippi State
    Nebraska
    North Carolina
    Ohio St
    Ole Miss
    Penn St
    South Carolina
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia

Alex Bars - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 08:27 AM. Reason: Updated rankings and offers

Son of former ND linebacker Joe Bars. Visiting for Michigan game.

Comment

Didn't his brother Blake Bars just go to Michigan last year too because ND didn't offer?

Comment

Notre Dame offered
        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Interesting that he is on a higher tier than Reilly for the staff.
          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
            Bars offer list is overall more impressive

Georgia
            LSU
            Michigan
            Stanford
            Last edited by STLDomer; 02-27-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
              Bars is on a different tier per the industry. 94 composite vs. 90 for Reilly.

Comment

Random thought, but it has to be hard to scout OL for offers. I mean, even I (who know nothing about talent) can 'see' talent at DB, WR, RB, etc., but I see lineman and they all look the same to me, lol.

But I'm not all tangent, folks. Here's a premie:

ND extends offer to Top247 OL, Irish legacy

Edit: His RB has some skills.
                Last edited by kuehnja; 02-27-2013, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Updated offers, rankings, and weight.
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                    Random thought, but it has to be hard to scout OL for offers. I mean, even I (who know nothing about talent) can 'see' talent at DB, WR, RB, etc., but I see lineman and they all look the same to me, lol.

But I'm not all tangent, folks. Here's a premie:

ND extends offer to Top247 OL, Irish legacy
                    It's true though. OL is historical the most difficult to project success in at the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                      Bars is on a different tier per the industry. 94 composite vs. 90 for Reilly.
                      Early rankings for OL don't mean much to me. The offer sheets mean more, especially from schools of similar prestige and scheme. Reilly's offer list is great, and so is Alex's. Alex's has surpassed Reilly's recently though, adding the top SEC schools and ND.
                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

So the staff was able to offer this kid due to Mason Cole committing to Michigan? Would that be correct?

Comment

Barton Simmons said that Alex is obviously the best prospect of all 3 brothers (other brother played at PSU) and there is a serious chance he lands in the SEC. The offer from ND is big though and we should be a major factor.

Comment

Originally posted by spark25 View Post
                            So the staff was able to offer this kid due to Mason Cole committing to Michigan? Would that be correct?
                            Mason Cole is a guard and Bars is a tackle

Comment

Dooooo want

Comment

Told 247 he is one of 5 OTs they are recruiting hard.

So probably Jamarco Jones, KC McDermott, Alex Bars and who else?

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post

Piersbacher (Iowa commit) and Casey Tucker?

Maybe Andy Bauer (even though he's a SEC lean)?

Comment

disregard
                                    Last edited by Irish Fam; 03-05-2013, 11:01 PM.
                                    "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

Braden Smith?
                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Smith is a Guard I think

If he was speaking OL in general than Smith would definitely be in there

Comment

Only other two OTs with an ND offer that I know of are Bentley Spain and Andy Bauer, and I don't think anything is happening at this point in terms of either having ND interest ... hope I'm wrong, or that they get interested in ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                            Piersbacher (Iowa commit) and Casey Tucker?

Maybe Andy Bauer (even though he's a SEC lean)?
                                            Stanley and Poland, also.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                              Good call on Poland; I forgot that we've been making a run at him.

I think Stanley is an interior OL though -- at least he is ranked as a OG on 247.

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                                Only other two OTs with an ND offer that I know of are Bentley Spain and Andy Bauer, and I don't think anything is happening at this point in terms of either having ND interest ... hope I'm wrong, or that they get interested in ND.
                                                Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                Yeah, we need a thread on Spain, heard his name mentioned a few times.

Comment

Smith is a Guard I think

If he was speaking OL in general than Smith would definitely be in there
                                                  Smith has tackle written all over him. His length is part of his insane appeal. He looks like a1st round draft pick at 17. With that said tho he didn't show very good feet or technique at the under armor combine.

Comment

Jones, McDermott, Poland, Bars and then the other could be a multitude of people... Braden Smith could play either OT or OG, for example, and then there are a bunch of "low interest" guys who we might be recruiting hard.

Do people think we take 3 or 4 OL? I hope we take 4... Smith, McDermott, Bars would be ideal but I also wouldn't mind Mustipher. I think taking less than 4 would be a pretty huge mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      Smith has tackle written all over him. His length is part of his insane appeal. He looks like a1st round draft pick at 17. With that said tho he didn't show very good feet or technique at the under armor combine.
                                                      I was just going by the fact that 247 lists his as a Guard and in a couple articles I have read they said he would be better as a guard than a tackle, one said his arms are too short for a tackle. Im far from a OL expert so I was just going from that.

EDIT: Jovan Pruitt is another OT the staff could be high on
                                                      Last edited by STLDomer; 03-05-2013, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Did just get through a couple of articles that said the same. Shouldn't have said that with so much confidence.

Comment

Damien Prince is anOT from Maryland that rivals ranks #31 overall. His page lists an offer from ND. Kid will be very highly recruited and a tough pull but I'm sure he's one that is a top priority for the staff.

Comment

JDo people think we take 3 or 4 OL? I hope we take 4... Smith, McDermott, Bars would be ideal but I also wouldn't mind Mustipher. I think taking less than 4 would be a pretty huge mistake.
                                                            Amen. If we can keep recruiting elite OL and RBs, we can put our offensive woes behind us permanently.

Comment

Jones, McDermott, Poland, Bars and then the other could be a multitude of people... Braden Smith could play either OT or OG, for example, and then there are a bunch of "low interest" guys who we might be recruiting hard.

Do people think we take 3 or 4 OL? I hope we take 4... Smith, McDermott, Bars would be ideal but I also wouldn't mind Mustipher. I think taking less than 4 would be a pretty huge mistake.
                                                              This is my current best possible outcome scenario with the given information. McDermott and Bars at tackle wth Smith and Mustipher at guard would be damn good in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by irishknight35 View Post
                                                                This is my current best possible outcome scenario with the given information. McDermott and Bars at tackle wth Smith and Mustipher at guard would be damn good in my book.
                                                                That'd be 5 OL though. Don't forget Byrne. It's likely an either/or between Bars/Smith and Smith/Mustipher depending who jumps on board when.

Comment

Mustipher
                                                                  Bars
                                                                  Braden Smith
                                                                  Kc DeMercott
                                                                  Jimmy Bryne

be saucy

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                    Mustipher
                                                                    Bars
                                                                    Braden Smith
                                                                    Kc DeMercott
                                                                    Jimmy Bryne

be saucy
                                                                    That would pretty much put us at elite to coincide with the 13' haul. Where do I sign?

Comment

That'd be 5 OL though. Don't forget Byrne. It's likely an either/or between Bars/Smith and Smith/Mustipher depending who jumps on board when.
                                                                      absolutely, can't forget about Byrne. I really like Braden Smith for his versatility, he would be an excellent addition along with any of others mentioned above. Can't go wrong with that kind of talent on the o-line.

Comment

Originally posted by irishknight35 View Post
                                                                        absolutely, can't forget about Byrne. I really like Braden Smith for his versatility, he would be an excellent addition along with any of others mentioned above. Can't go wrong with that kind of talent on the o-line.
                                                                        Yeah and I'd be absolutely thrilled if we went for 5. I'll be super pissed if we only end up signing 3. We really need to start loading up on depth with how thin the 10 and 11 classes were on the OL.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> legacy Alex Bars on where he stands on <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Irish">#Irish</a> board, targeted visit &amp; timeline (VIP) <a href="http://t.co/1sFHnIs3hq" title="http://bit.ly/ZbJhcN">bit.ly/ZbJhcN</a> via @<a href="https://twitter.com/bgi_willbiggers">bgi_willbiggers</a></p>&mdash; Jason Sapp (@BGI_JasonSapp) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_JasonSapp/status/309322312648372226">March 6, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                          <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Will visit mid March or early April. Will also try and visit Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Ohio State and South Carolina before his senior season and then likely decide.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Visiting for Junior Day

Comment

• #40
                                                                                This guy is ferocious. I'm pretty awful at evaluating talent on film, but this guy is nasty and it's easy to see.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  One of his kids have to go to ND right?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Bars has maintained that he's open to all schools. He has said he's not determined to follow his brothers nor is he determined to play football at a northern school like them.

scholarship offers from Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Stanford, Virginia, Penn State and Florida State earlier this year

Arkansas, LSU, Notre Dame and California are the latest schools to offer the offensive tackle

espn insider
                                                                                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Update from II on how his visit went. Not much there but share it anyways. Father Joe Bars didn't really say much prior to the visit, wants his son to see school for himself. Thinks that the Oline is a very tight knit group. Liked Heistand on and off the field. Stood next to Hiestand during positional drills, sounds like he liked that as well. Met with Kelly Martin and Hiestand before leaving town. They let him know that we are recruiting 7Olineman currently for 4 spots. The staff feels confident with who they've offered so if he wants a spot he may have to commit early.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Bars
                                                                                        McDermott
                                                                                        Mustipher

who else am i missing for the last 3 spots?
                                                                                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                          Bars
                                                                                          McDermott
                                                                                          Mustipher

who else am i missing for the last 3 spots?
                                                                                          Braden Smith and Jamarco Jones. Maybe Jordan Poland.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            how could i forget smith....smh at me

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Jimmy Byrne? Haha

TV said after Mason Cole committed they would still recruit him

Oh and Mama, How could u guys forget Mama

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                was already counting byrne as 1 of the 4...unless he meant wer taking four more.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Braden Smith
                                                                                                  Sam Mustipher
                                                                                                  Alex Bars
                                                                                                  KC McDermott
                                                                                                  Jamarco Jones
                                                                                                  Natrell Curtis
                                                                                                  Ross Pierschbacher

my guess

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Jimmy Byrne? Haha

TV said after Mason Cole committed they would still recruit him

Oh and Mama, How could u guys forget Mama
                                                                                                    Only a matter of time before Mama commits to USC

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X