No announcement yet.

'14 OT FL Mason Cole (Michigan Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 OT FL Mason Cole (Michigan Verbal)

Offensive tackle
    Tarpon Springs, Florida
    East Lake

Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 285

Rankings:
    247: 96 #44 overall
    ESPN:
    Rivals: 5.9
    Scout:
    247 Composite: 0.9535 #68 overall

Offer List:
    Cincinnati
    Clemson
    Florida
    Florida State
    Indiana
    Michigan
    Middle Tennessee State
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    South Alabama
    South Carolina
    South Florida
    Stanford
    UCF
    USC
    Last edited by IrishLax; 02-25-2013, 04:29 PM.

ISD $: Irish Sports Daily Forums

Comment

visiting today

@MasonCole52: #NotreDame is so nice... nothing like it

Comment

Another tweet:

@MasonCole52: something specail here #ND
        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

I like it.
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Had a great visit. ND is now one of his top schools and will narrow down his list soon.

Comment

Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp

Plans to head back to South Bend with Artavis Scott for Wake Forest game Nov. 17 MT @MasonCole52 Good thing i dont work for next 2 weekends

Comment

Love his offer sheet and his interests any of you recruitniks seen his tape?
                Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Golden Tate Fan View Post
                  Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp

Plans to head back to South Bend with Artavis Scott for Wake Forest game Nov. 17 MT @MasonCole52 Good thing i dont work for next 2 weekends
                  scott has a lot more interest in ND then most believe

Comment

Originally posted by ALLGATOR View Post
                    scott has a lot more interest in ND then most believe

same can be said for you!

Comment

Top 3 of ND, scUM and USC per the Sappinator

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                        Top 3 of ND, scUM and USC per the Sappinator
                        thanks golden

glad to see distance doesn't seem to be a factor...only one of those three are trending up
                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

@MasonCole52: waking up after a HUGE win... no other team i'de rather be with! now im off to #NotreDame

Was at USC last weekend. Kid has been flying all over the country visiting schools.

Comment

I'm excited about this kid. I think he is an absolute stud on the OL. Because ND will likely only take 3 maybe for 4 on the OL, they'll be selective. This kid ends up Irish in my opinion.

Comment

I'm stoked about this kid too. They will take 3 OL with Hayes being a swing OL/DL until camp.

Comment

I personally could see next year's class on the OL swelling to 4-5. Pending Hegarty...

Comment

@MasonCole52: #NotreDame game was amazing!

Comment

@MasonCole52: #NotreDame game was amazing!
                                    Love that he saw that game. Waves of young OL talent seeing time today.

Comment

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ng-visit-to-nd

Almost committed this weekend. Said he held off because he wants to see a couple of more schools. Also said he "could commit any time soon"

Comment

That's what I'm talking about.
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                          http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...ng-visit-to-nd

Almost committed this weekend. Said he held off because he wants to see a couple of more schools. Also said he "could commit any time soon"

Comment

His early reviews are very positive: a 0.9535 composite score means Cole is probably an elite OL talent.

Would love to get him in the 2014 class as soon as possible. We need to average 4 OL per year to maintain good depth, and he'd be a great anchor for the next OL class.

Comment

Would be my favorite kid for '14 since he would be the first kid committed that I was able to create a profile for. Yup. Im like that.

Comment

Want him. Badly. Seems to be a bit more versatile than our OL recruits this year too. At 6-4/6-5, not so tall that a move inside is out of the question. We desperately need interior guys.

Comment

Yeaaaaah buddy

Comment

The Ohios St offer is obviously not a committable one. Otherwise he'd have committed by now.

Comment

This is great news, to beat out USC and Michigan for this kid would be very sweat.

Comment

THis is always good to hear.
                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                          This is great news, to beat out USC and Michigan for this kid would be very sweat.
                                                          I hope you meant ..."would be very sweet".

Comment

Jake Brown ‏@Jake_Brown

2014 #Rivals250 OT @MasonCole52 learned all about game day on his latest #NotreDame visit ($): http://bit.ly/TeJmdP

Comment

not leaving the South

FLA lock!
                                                              I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

To lazy to look, who is this kids teammate?
                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                                  To lazy to look, who is this kids teammate?
                                                                  Artavis Scott

Comment

Recruiting Week In Review
                                                                    "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

Someone told me this kid is special and a half. Anyone can substantiate that?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                                                        Someone told me this kid is special and a half. Anyone can substantiate that?
                                                                        Haven't see any clips of him, but his offer list says a lot of top coaches think he's pretty damn good.
                                                                        "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by SoCal_NDfan View Post
                                                                          Haven't see any clips of him, but his offer list says a lot of top coaches think he's pretty damn good.
                                                                          Agreed; but I am talking about something high character that I think I heard about this guy. Hep me ouuut!

Comment

My favorite OL prospect in 2014. Looking good for us early.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                              My favorite OL prospect in 2014. Looking good for us early.
                                                                              Okay. Why? (first part) I know he almost pulled the trigger WF weekend.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                                                                Okay. Why? (first part) I know he almost pulled the trigger WF weekend.
                                                                                Because of his technique as a junior. Most stud OL prospects are much bigger than the guys they face throughout high school and its easy for them to just flat over power the competion based on size alone. Because of that, technique and footwork fall by the wayside. I don't see that with this kid. He's athletic, plays with the proper leverage and knee bend, and has solid footwork.

I think most would say Braden Smith is the best OL prospect in the country and rightfully so. I was speaking more in terms of guys we had a shot with.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  highlights
                                                                                  Mason Cole - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    @MasonCole52: #GoIrish #ShockTheWorld

Also according to his twitter he made first team all state

Comment

• #43

Also according to his twitter he made first team all state
                                                                                      Still love this kid. Openly cheers for ND often. Think it's a matter of when at this point.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Does anyone know the number of scholarships for next year and how many OL they are looking to sign?
                                                                                        "Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America"

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I believe there are 23 schollies for 5th years and new recruits for the 2014 class. Just glancing over the possible 5th years, I say we take 4 5th years unless ELITE recruits come in late again. That leaves 19 recruits for 2014, we already have 4. Obviously, transfers or hardships would change that number.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            if he ever gets up for a visit during the spring it'll be a done deal
                                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I very much look forward to a day when it says Mason Cole (Notre Dame Verbal) at the top of his profile.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                DO WANT. Smith, Cole and Byrne would just about do it for me.

Originally posted by vuirish View Post
                                                                                                Does anyone know the number of scholarships for next year and how many OL they are looking to sign?
                                                                                                Assuming we sign 25 this year (and no transfers or medicals), we'll have 64 freshman, sophomores and juniors on scholarship next year. That leaves 21 spots for 2014 signees + 5Ys. Looking at the current juniors who will have a 5th year of eligibility, very few look likely to return: Hendrix, Massa, Welch, Heggie, Nichols, Lombard, Utopo, Nix, Moore, L. Wood and Collinsworth. Of those, only Lombard and Nix have been consistent contributors, and Nix will be off to the NFL after he gets his degree. So at this point, I'd estimate 2-3 5Ys (at most), which will leave us with 18-19 spots for new signees.

Assuming Lombard is the only junior OL to get a 5Y, we'll have 11 heading into 2014. I think we'll take 3-4 more OL.

Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                                I believe there are 23 schollies for 5th years and new recruits for the 2014 class. Just glancing over the possible 5th years, I say we take 4 5th years unless ELITE recruits come in late again. That leaves 19 recruits for 2014, we already have 4. Obviously, transfers or hardships would change that number.
                                                                                                You see 4 likely 5Ys? Outside of Lombard, everyone with eligibility is pretty marginal. Moore is probably the next most likely, given our depth at ILB. Maybe Welch if he finally breaks out in 2013. Wood and Collinsworth are going to have a hard time making the 2-deep with all the talent we've got in the defensive backfield, etc.

Edit: Here's the roster for those who are curious.
                                                                                                Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 01-05-2013, 10:59 PM.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Well, just glancing at it yes, but I am also anticipating some of those to have good years.

Collinsworth is seriously underrated by some of you. He may be our best safety next year since Motta is gone and Slaughter might be. Moore could be a solid LB. When I say 4, it is not definitive, just glancing at it and anticipating people stepping up to the plate. However, I agree, that based on this year alone, Lombard is about the only 5th year I would take back right now for 2014.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Like this Mason Cole kid a lot! Would definitely like him to be 1 of the four OL kids that I believe we will try to take in 14'.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X