Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 TX DB Nick Watkins (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 TX DB Nick Watkins (Notre Dame Signee)

Dallas, Texas
    Bishop Dunne Catholic High School

Defensive Back

Measurements
    Ht: 6'2"
    Wt: 170lbs

Rankings
    ESPN: CB #11 | Overall #79
    Scout: CB #12
    Rivals: CB #11 | #160 Overall
    247: CB #20
    247 Composite: CB #11 | #113 Overall

Offers
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Arkansas
    Oklahoma
    LSU
    Georgia
    Ole Miss
    Ohio State
    Michigan
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    Texas
    Texas A&M
    Tulsa
    SMU

Video
    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpc7Wzx-KSQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lpc7Wzx-KSQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 10:07 AM.
    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
    Nice!
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Nick Watkins: "I can play zone, I can play man, I can play press coverage -- I can do anything you ask me to do." Few prospects in the 2014 class have seen their recruiting stock surge more in the past month than Dallas Bishop Dunne cornerback Nick Watkins.

Comment

Rising junior cornerback Nick Watkins "amazed" at new offer from #NotreDame after little contact before

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
          Rising junior cornerback Nick Watkins "amazed" at new offer from #NotreDame after little contact before
          I bet he'll be even more amazed if that Texas offer comes in.

Comment

He probably wont be leaving the state... Texas will wrap him up sooner rather than later.

Comment

Per his HS coach, wants to visit ND and Michigan. Texas is ALL over him but many believe Bama is the favorite. TAMU can't be counted out either. Has a lot of family in Detroit.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Bishop Dunne CB Nick Watkins Keeps In Contact With <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> (Premium) <a href="http://t.co/1ztwjZ1iHI" title="http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/premium-football-recruiting/8813-watkins-keeps-contact-with-nd">irishsportsdaily.com/recruiting/pre…</a></p>&mdash; Irish Sports Daily (@ISDUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/ISDUpdate/status/308308420694532097">March 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Is in pretty steady contact with Cooks. Really likes the tradition and the fact that ND is on TV in a sold out stadium every week. Also mentioned really liking the helmets. Education will always be his number one thing, needs to go somewhere with a good education that graduates players for his after football life. Wants a family atmosphere and a feeling of community around the campus and program. At this point ND will make his list and be in the mix when he decides to narrow it down and will visit if it works out financially for his family. If no unofficial, he will take an official to ND.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                    Is in pretty steady contact with Cooks. Really likes the tradition and the fact that ND is on TV in a sold out stadium every week. Also mentioned really liking the helmets. Education will always be his number one thing, needs to go somewhere with a good education that graduates players for his after football life. Wants a family atmosphere and a feeling of community around the campus and program. At this point ND will make his list and be in the mix when he decides to narrow it down and will visit if it works out financially for his family. If no unofficial, he will take an official to ND.
                    Have to love that.
                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Will be on campus this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                        Woot.

Comment

Awesome

According to his 247 Timeline this would be his first visit outside of the South

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                            Per Rivals?
                            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Probably heard I'll be back in the Bend this weekend too. We'll bro out or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                Per Rivals?
                                Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                Probably heard I'll be back in the Bend this weekend too. We'll bro out or something.
                                I'm sure that's it. It appears to be per Rack Em.

Comment

#13 CB on rivals
                                  "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                  - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                    Per Rivals?
                                    Yes, my bad per Jake Brown coach will also be in for the coaches clinic and he is bringing Nick along.

Comment

After Jake posted this TJ made a point to say that we like Nick a lot at CB. Really hope he has a great visit.

Comment

Not only is his coach going to the clinic, he is a guest speaker at it on Friday

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                          Not only is his coach going to the clinic, he is a guest speaker at it on Friday
                                          <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fmx5lzacZ-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                            <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fmx5lzacZ-M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                            You better believe it

He should have arrived tonight

UND.COM - University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site - Football

Guest Speaker: Michael Johnson, Head Coach
                                            Bishop Dunne High School - Dallas, TX
                                            Purcell Pavilion
                                            Guest Speaker: Tony Perry, Defensive Back Coach
                                            Fresno Central High School - Fresno, CA
                                            Monogram Room
                                            him and Michiah's coach tommorow morning

Comment

Oh I thought you meant Nick is a guest speaker. I withdraw my previous post.

Comment

was Tony Perry Tee Shephard's HS coach?
                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

would be a great addition for ND, but gotta think this will be an uphill battle to wrestle him from Horns or Aggies.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> visitor Nick Watkins walking into <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Irish">#Irish</a> practice with fellow CB Bennett Jackson this morning.</p>&mdash; Jason Sapp (@BGI_JasonSapp) <a href="https://twitter.com/BGI_JasonSapp/status/322681099945910272">April 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

This would be a HUGE get for the irish.
                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Nick Watkins and Michiah Quick spent plenty of time at practice today talking with TJ Jones and Lo Wood.</p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@NDatRivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDatRivals/status/322711566002839553">April 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

This kid balls hard!

Comment

Originally posted by GoIrish399 View Post
                                                            <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>swagg me out <a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23ND">#ND</a> #24 <a href="http://t.co/yUD1BPcyRz" title="http://twitter.com/Nate_Starks/status/322853022642348032/photo/1">twitter.com/Nate_Starks/st…</a></p>&mdash; Loading... (@Nate_Starks) <a href="https://twitter.com/Nate_Starks/status/322853022642348032">April 12, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                            From Nate Starks Twitter/Thread ICYMI

Comment

Is it me or does he look nothing like his thread picture
                                                              MSU Lacosse Player / MSU Student / Son of a ND Player / ND Fan for Life

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSpartan View Post
                                                                Is it me or does he look nothing like his thread picture
                                                                I think he's #6. #24 is Starks

Comment

Originally posted by GoIrish399 View Post
                                                                  I think he's #6. #24 is Starks
                                                                  There is no think he is #6,
                                                                  Quick is # 4 and Starks wearing number # 24.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                                    There is no think he is #6,
                                                                    Quick is # 4 and Starks wearing number # 24.
                                                                    Alrighty then, he is #6.

Comment

You better believe it

He should have arrived tonight

UND.COM - University of Notre Dame Official Athletic Site - Football

him and Michiah's coach tommorow morning
                                                                      Just curious. Is that some backdoor way to get recruits on campus for unofficials?
                                                                      I mean, I'm sure these guys are big-time HS coaches with interesting things to say, but it's also a convenient way to get some elite recruits from halfway across the country into town for a visit. Who pays the kids' airfare?

Edit: I just noticed Starks' coach is a speaker, too.

Comment

Comment

Is that a verbal commit at the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Glory View Post
                                                                            Is that a verbal commit at the bottom?
                                                                            Nope. Just playing the social media game.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Man I hope he enjoyed his visit, wish we had a little bit better weather. This young man can play. Any updates on his visit?
                                                                              Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #40

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Confucius say ND gave Watkins plenty to think about. Yankee say stop thinking more committing!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Was there any update after his visit? Seems like he really enjoyed it.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by KyfightingIrish36 View Post
                                                                                      Was there any update after his visit? Seems like he really enjoyed it.
                                                                                      Haven't seen anything on ISD or 247. Maybe he's still on campus or on his way home and hasn't talked to anyone yet?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/jake_brown">jake_brown</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rivals250">#Rivals250</a> CB Nick Watkins on <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> visit: "It's definitely a great college." More here ($): <a href="http://t.co/V37BH6CPsM" title="http://bit.ly/133PPea">bit.ly/133PPea</a></p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@NDatRivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDatRivals/status/323526844110491648">April 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/jake_brown">jake_brown</a>: <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Rivals250">#Rivals250</a> CB Nick Watkins recaps an extended unofficial visit to <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> in this full update ($): <a href="http://t.co/QpCfjbDrLr" title="http://bit.ly/1153yyk">bit.ly/1153yyk</a></p>&mdash; Irish Illustrated (@NDatRivals) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDatRivals/status/323545170907889664">April 14, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Pretty, pretty, pretty good update with quotes on ISD.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I'd assume we are taking 1-2 CBs this year, and it looks like we are out of the race for Tony Brown and Jabrill Peppers (just my assumption), so is he and Adoree our top priorities at CB?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                                Pretty, pretty, pretty good update with quotes on ISD.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Nick Watkins, CB, 6-0, 180, Bishop Dunne Catholic School, Dallas, TX had heard much about Notre Dame and wanted to see it for himself. The four-star prospect was expecting to be just another college so he was not prepared for just how special the university was.

“I’m not going to lie because it really did exceed my expectations,” admitted Watkins. “I honestly thought it was just going to be a regular place where there’s not much to do, but it really was a great place and it totally blew my mind. I went up there with Michiah Quick and Nate Starks and we all really liked everything. I really enjoyed the practices, the coaches and the players and it really seemed like they have a great family atmosphere up there.”

Watkins took advantage of his time in South Bend to learn more about what it’s like to attend Notre Dame. He figured there were no better people to describe the experience than those that play his same position, Bennett Jackson and Keivarae Russell.

“I basically hung out with all the corners and safeties,” he explained. “They really spoke very highly about the school and everything that goes on there. I already think highly of Notre Dame and I really think I could fit in. I really love how the fans support the team and the coaches have very high expectations up there. I just like how everybody’s nice and respects you, but at the same time they expect a lot out of you.”

Watkins got the opportunity to speak to his recruiter, Cornerbacks’ coach Kerry Cooks. Cooks and Watkins discussed how the talented Texan would be used.

“Coach (Kerry) Cooks, who recruits my area, is really a great coach and he said I could play either cornerback position for the team,” he related. “Coach Cooks and Coach (Bob) Diaco said they think very highly of me and my skill set, so I really do appreciate that and I’m just going to keep working harder to get better.”

Watkins desire to get better could be bad news for receivers since his skills have already led to over twenty offers from such prestigious schools as Notre Dame, Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Georgia, LSU, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Stanford, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M and UCLA. With so many offers to choose from, Watkins is in no hurry to make a decision. Still, his visit to South Bend did strengthen Notre Dame’s position with him.

“I’m not in a hurry to narrow anything down or rush anything,” he stated. “I’m just going to sit back and take a look at everything just to make sure I make the right decision when it comes that time. Even though I haven’t named any favorites, I will say that Notre Dame has moved themselves up quite a ways on my list.”

Recruiting Week in Review

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I was assured by his coach during the clinic that Nick was certainly having a good time. Glad Coach Johnson wasn't just trying to flatter me.

His coach is a good guy, and I'm sure Nick is as well.
                                                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X