Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 IL ILB Nyles Morgan (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
    He confirmed after Pro Day that his shoulder was basically injured all year. He had surgery after the season. Didnít specify what type of injury though.

I wish we could have seen a 100% Nyles for his last season.
    Same, would have been nice for a healthy senior season. Look at the health problems Tranquil had early in his career, it's nice he's been able to stay pretty healthy recently and have some success. Gotta make the most of the opportunities when you can, never know what may happen.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NotreDame?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Notre Dame</a> LB Nyles Morgan will sign with the Chicago Bears. <a href="https://t.co/WVWGAHjj5f">https://t.co/WVWGAHjj5f</a></p>&mdash; Matt Freeman (@mattfreemanISD) <a href="https://twitter.com/mattfreemanISD/status/990374158705061888?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 28, 2018</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Nyles wasn't great, but he was a warrior. Battled, worked, and didn't make a sound (cough, Alize).

Top 3 toughest players of the BK era. Don't @me.

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
          Nyles wasn't great, but he was a warrior. Battled, worked, and didn't make a sound (cough, Alize).

People who pop into my head

Nyles
          Eifert
          Torri H
          J Onwualu
          Drue T
          Matthias F
          Bennett J

Comment

• Got waived by the Bears. He's on the market again.

Kind of a strange career for such a heralded guy. It looked like he was a star in the making when he took over for Joe Schmidt in '14.

Injuries nagged at him consistently, and I think he was also done a disservice by the coaching staff in '15. One of those "what could have been if things all went smoothly?"

Comment

• He really could've used more than a single season with Clark Lea. That and staying healthy would've been nice

Comment

• Originally posted by koonja View Post
                Nyles wasn't great, but he was a warrior. Battled, worked, and didn't make a sound (cough, Alize).

Originally posted by Shamrock Theories View Post
                People who pop into my head

Nyles
                Eifert
                Torri H
                J Onwualu
                Drue T
                Matthias F
                Bennett J
                You need to quantify, because you left off Manti and how quickly we forget Q.

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                Got waived by the Bears. He's on the market again.

Kind of a strange career for such a heralded guy. It looked like he was a star in the making when he took over for Joe Schmidt in '14.

Injuries nagged at him consistently, and I think he was also done a disservice by the coaching staff in '15. One of those "what could have been if things all went smoothly?"
                Schmidt wasn't the best, but he was tough. He wasn't afraid to mix it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                  Schmidt wasn't the best, but he was tough. He wasn't afraid to mix it up.
                  I respect Joe Schmidt's contributions to the team and the defense. He filled a massive depth hole that was left by two coordinators who were lackluster on the recruiting trail. He played well above any reasonable expectations and helped keep our unit from being a total disaster in '14 and '15.

I just think the unit would have been better served by having Nyles on the field instead in '14 and '15, with Joe ready as a backup. There would have been more mental errors in alignment, maybe, but I think it would have been a net positive in the long run. Jaylon would have been more free to operate in several roles, rather than being relegated to a base role that often saw him covering for his MLB.

Comment

• Nyles Morgan: loads of physicality/not good instinctually at reaction post-snap, pass coverage, etc. (Elko used him mainly as a blitzer to hammer in a predetermined hole --- what the pros call a special team's thumper.)

Joe Schmidt: loads of instincts and understandings, but WAY underpowered in the physicality area. Could be "right there" and still get run over or not get off the block. Schmidt played because he could make others better, not himself.

As to who played: two really flawed guys. One who could get others ready to play and the other could not. Mental and instinctual. I refuse to blame the staff for any of that. Elko was cleverer than BVG at finding ways that Morgan could help the team without being able to cure his deficiencies (I used to see Martini lining up misplaced players all the time pre-snap, even Morgan himself.)

Comment

• Saw that he was playing for the Arizona hotshots in the AAF. Not sure if he starts though. They play tomorrow night at 8 est.

Edit: apparently I'm really late on this. Carry on lol

Comment

• apparently suiting up in the Spring League
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X