Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 IL ILB Nyles Morgan (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 IL ILB Nyles Morgan (Notre Dame Signee)

Inside Linebacker
    Crete, IL
    Crete-Monee HS

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 215

Rankings:
    247: ILB #3 | Overall #86
    Rivals: ILB #5 | Overall #75
    Scout: ILB #3
    ESPN: ILB #4 | Overall #65
    247 Composite: ILB #3 | Overall #54

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Illinois
    Northwestern
    Oklahoma
    UCLA
    Vanderbilt
    Arizona State
    Florida
    Ole Miss
    Michigan
    Wisconsin
    Ohio State
    Indiana
    Nebraska
    Michigan State
    Oklahoma
    Purdue

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j6_EnDAxg9M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y1TGNlvH3AA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Senior Highlights:
    Nyles Morgan - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 09:10 AM.

Will be on campus this weekend per II

Comment

Visiting for Michigan game.

I need to update his profile...

Comment

Same hs as treadwell. Love to get them both. Rated 91 and 167 nationally by 247.
        Last edited by Irishman77; 08-19-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

247 has him as 5th best ILB. Article on him from ISD. Generally positive on athletic ability, but concerned wont be big, strong enough for ILB and maybe too short for what ND prefers at OLB. In the Film Room: Nyles Morgan

Comment

maybe too short for what ND prefers at OLB.
            6'2" ?

Comment

Same height, 10lbs heavier and a year younger than this years best ilb (Reuben foster).

Comment

Will be visiting for the Michigan game. He says he liked what he saw from both MSU and ND this weekend.

Comment

MLB #4 in initial Scout 300.
                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Really like this kid and if we could add him to go along with Martini that would be perfect.

Comment

do u think he could line up on the outside?

Comment

I think he could play on the outside because he's very athletic but I would say he projects better inside for our 3-4. It seems the coaches want a little more height on the outside.

Comment

Oklahoma offered.
                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Rivals.com Midseason Scouting Report
                            "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

ND is one of the programs standing out the most to him, along with MSU, Vandy, UCLA, ASU and UF, in no order. Likes our academics and campus feel. per 247.

Martin stopped by this week ... Morgan likes that Martin shoots straight with him instead of just telling him what he wants to hear.

Comment

I'll say it again, has he taken Spanish?

Comment

We need him, he is projected to the ILB position and next year with Carlo and Fox leaving South Bend is a must needed.

He tweeted two days ago:

"@Obey_Pride
                                  Picking a college is going to be a 30 year decision for me"

Sounds like a ND Kid, right?

From what i read, he will be one of the top three players in the midwest. This year the domination from the southeast in the initial rankings is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by EuropeanDomer View Post
                                    We need him, he is projected to the ILB position and next year with Carlo and Fox leaving South Bend is a must needed.

He tweeted two days ago:

"@Obey_Pride

From what i read, he will be one of the top three players in the midwest. This year the domination from the southeast in the initial rankings is insane!
                                    Wow, love that quote. He has to be one our top targets this cycle; a stud ILB is a major need. Hope we get him.

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                      Wow, love that quote. He has to be one our top targets this cycle; a stud ILB is a major need. Hope we get him.
                                      Raekwon

Comment

The Crete-Monee pipeline continues.

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                          ^this.

not much luck with the crete monee guys of late (standifer, laquan)...sure hope all "barriers to committing" if it got to that are being worked on NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                            Raekwon
                                            Yep, him too, and Clifton Garrett.

But I think Morgan gives us our best shot at an elite ILB. Garrett is unlikely to qualify for ND, according to ISD in January (http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2014...t-offer-3.html)). And I'm not optimistic about Raekwon since he is down in Georgia and the whole Southeast is recruiting him (but hey, we got Tuitt, we got Rochell, why not Raekwon. I guess we'll just see.)
                                            Last edited by Emcee77; 02-08-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Yep, him too, and Clifton Garrett (did I hear Garrett has academic issues though? Not trying to start a rumor if it's not true but I thought I heard that).

I'm not optimistic about Raekwon with him being down in Georgia and the whole Southeast recruiting him ... but hey, we got Tuitt, we got Rochell, why not Raekwon. We'll see.
                                              Seems like Raekwon's favorite is Ohio State so I don't think him being in Georgia is a big problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 30MilesSE View Post
                                                Seems like Raekwon's favorite is Ohio State so I don't think him being in Georgia is a big problem.
                                                Is that true? The latest info in his thread shows them in his top 5 with us, UF, Bama and Clem$on. I hadn't heard that there was any pecking order.

I guess it wouldn't make me feel much better, even if true. Yeah, it might show that he is at least preliminarily willing to consider schools outside the Southeast, but there's a long way to go and local attraction can be strong. Plus Urban is a worthy adversary, to say the least.

Comment

Is that true? The latest info in his thread shows them in his top 5 with us, UF, Bama and Clem$on. I hadn't heard that there was any pecking order.

I guess it wouldn't make me feel much better, even if true. Yeah, it might show that he is at least preliminarily willing to consider schools outside the Southeast, but there's a long way to go and local attraction can be strong. Plus Urban is a worthy adversary, to say the least.
                                                  Remember when we didn't make the Top 15 of Vanderdoes? Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                    Remember when we didn't make the Top 15 of Vanderdoes? Yeah.
                                                    And we ARE in McMillan's top 5, so we don't even have that far to go. Don't mistake me; I am not saying that we won't get McMillan. I just think, at this very early stage, that our chances might be better with Morgan.

Comment

He tweeted two days ago:

"@Obey_Pride

He gone....the RKGs pick ND because it is a 40 year decision
                                                      I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

I read yesterday that Garrett seems likely to qualify for ND and Morgan will have the tougher time. Ultimately though... most kids who you even have to talk about being "borderline" end up elsewhere.

Comment

Updated Rankings:

247: #4 ILB #63 OVR (96 Rating)
                                                          Rivals:
                                                          ESPN: NR
                                                          Scout: #4 MLB
                                                          247Comp: #4 ILB #53 OVR (.9777 Rating)

I'm sorta upset that two LB studs, Morgan (Crete, IL) and Garrett (Plainfield, IL), are from outside Chicago and aren't Notre Dame locks like you'd expect. This is Notre Dame territory:

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                            Updated Rankings:

247: #4 ILB #63 OVR (96 Rating)
                                                            Rivals:
                                                            ESPN: NR
                                                            Scout: #4 MLB
                                                            247Comp: #4 ILB #53 OVR (.9777 Rating)

I'm sorta upset that two LB studs, Morgan (Crete, IL) and Garrett (Plainfield, IL), are from outside Chicago and aren't Notre Dame locks like you'd expect. This is Notre Dame territory:
                                                            I was thinking the same thing. When these guys first showed up on the radar, I was dreaming of getting both of them, a la Darius Fleming and Steve Filer. That could still happen but it won't be easy, which sucks.

Comment

Like I said in the master list thread - ND likely won't be getting Morgan. Not an ND kid. Garrett likely won't qualify....He actually has work to do just to pass NCAA clearinghouse. Doubt he'll be willing to put in the extra work to get into ND.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                I read yesterday that Garrett seems likely to qualify for ND and Morgan will have the tougher time. Ultimately though... most kids who you even have to talk about being "borderline" end up elsewhere.
                                                                Originally posted by drake29 View Post
                                                                Like I said in the master list thread - ND likely won't be getting Morgan. Not an ND kid. Garrett likely won't qualify....He actually has work to do just to pass NCAA clearinghouse. Doubt he'll be willing to put in the extra work to get into ND.
                                                                I hate recruiting lol. Which one is right????!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                  Originally posted by irishfanjho15 View Post
                                                                  I hate recruiting lol. Which one is right????!!!!!!
                                                                  To add your confusion, on the Morgan side of things 247 as reported multiples times Morgan is favoring Notre Dame
                                                                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                    To add your confusion, on the Morgan side of things 247 as reported multiples times Morgan is favoring Notre Dame
                                                                    I hope 247 is right because this kid could be a very good player and I think it's important to lock up Illinois and Indiana as far as top end talent is concerned.

Comment

My buddy coaches in Chicago. Has spoken to both several times. Has a good feel for the landscape there recruiting wise. Jake Brown from II has even stated that Morgan just seems luke-warm to ND. My friend was telling me this kid was openly bashing ND with Treadwell at a banquet. Also, there are character concerns that I don't really want to go into. I'm not saying he won't have a change in heart and that maybe if he straightens up his act he can become Irish. But there are a lot of things that need to change for him. Garrett currently isn't on track to get into ND. Hasn't shown the willingness at this point to get on the ball. Will be an tOSU/Michigan St. battle - at least as of now. Expect other schools to jump into the mix for him.

Comment

My buddy coaches in Chicago. Has spoken to both several times. Has a good feel for the landscape there recruiting wise. Jake Brown from II has even stated that Morgan just seems luke-warm to ND. My friend was telling me this kid was openly bashing ND with Treadwell at a banquet. Also, there are character concerns that I don't really want to go into. I'm not saying he won't have a change in heart and that maybe if he straightens up his act he can become Irish. But there are a lot of things that need to change for him. Garrett currently isn't on track to get into ND. Hasn't shown the willingness at this point to get on the ball. Will be an tOSU/Michigan St. battle - at least as of now. Expect other schools to jump into the mix for him.
                                                                        Crete doesn't seem to produce kids that fit in at ND...

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                          At least some of the core classes!

Comment

Wonder if the outlook would be any different with some of these crete kids if we would have landed Anthony Standifer. If memory serves me correct, he wanted to come here but his academics didnt seem to be in order and he ended up at Ole Miss.
                                                                            “Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.” Lou Holtz

Comment

• #39
                                                                              3.3. student, all honors and AP courses, according to Wiltfong today. Hopefully that means we don't have to worry about his academics.

MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, UF and ND are the schools paying him the most attention right now. Dad likes ND, among other places. No mention of any leader.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                3.3. student, all honors and AP courses, according to Wiltfong today. Hopefully that means we don't have to worry about his academics.
                                                                                Good news.

MSU, Ole Miss, Vandy, UF and ND are the schools paying him the most attention right now. Dad likes ND, among other places. No mention of any leader.
                                                                                Great news! I like our odds in this battle a lot more now. Proximity and degree value should give a serious edge.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  The only one from that list I worry about is Ole Miss.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Please God.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                      The only one from that list I worry about is Ole Miss.

Me thinks we think alike.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Junior highlights:
                                                                                        <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y1TGNlvH3AA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That poor QB at the 2:25 mark. Gets trucked then I think he disintegrated at the 2:37 (ish) mark.
                                                                                        Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 02-15-2013, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Per TV Morgan's family is really feeling Notre Dame
                                                                                          “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            That's promising.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              thanks for the good news!!
                                                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                boy i love watching his tape...he closes as good as anyone i've seen this year
                                                                                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Could be a starter since the first day IMO.

With Fox, Carlo and maybe Moore leaving, we only got Schmidt, Grace and Martini at the ILB (I guess this spring some player will be moved to the ILB position) Ill say Baratti, Turner or Randolph. Anyway is obvious that the ILB position is a must needed.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Could be a starter since the first day IMO.

With Fox, Carlo and maybe Moore leaving, we only got Schmidt, Grace and Martini at the ILB (I guess this spring some player will be moved to the ILB position) Ill say Baratti, Turner or Randolph. Anyway is obvious that the ILB position is a must needed.
                                                                                                    We also have deeb there don't forget

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X