Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 MI DE Malik McDowell (Momma Has To Put Up With MSU)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 MI DE Malik McDowell (Momma Has To Put Up With MSU)

Strong Side Defensive End
    Detroit, MI - Loyola HS

Ht: 6-6
    Wt: 292
    40:
    Shuttle:
    Vert:
    GPA:

Rankings:
    247: #2 SDE #38 OVR (97 Rating)
    Rivals: #4 SDE #26 OVR
    ESPN: #5 DT #60 OVR
    Scout: #7 DE
    247Comp: #3 SDE #33 OVR (.9924 Rating)

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Florida
    Florida St.
    Indiana
    LSU
    Michigan
    Michigan St.
    Mississippi St.
    Ohio St.
    Oregon
    Penn St.
    Stanford
    Syracuse
    UCLA
    Wisconsin

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ULyVEeMA_54" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1LtuC4w5wxhMmaVNeGgMtGU1ehcvuHvOjP9tT-lJG0YY/viewform?embedded=true" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" frameborder="0" height="500" width="760">Loading...</iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 09:57 AM.
    People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

In the video he basically crushes all of the OL guys. He's pretty tall at 6'6 for a young age. Something I did notice is the fact he is wearing some Michigan shorts in the video.

Comment

Good look. Rough pull from scUM.
      People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

$$ update from Steve Witflong at 247Sports - link

McDowell has an early top 5 of Michigan, ND, Alabama, LSU, and Ohio State. Michigan is the team to beat for now according to McDowell, but he is going to take his visits.

Comment

ScUM leads (obviously). Rest
          of his top 5 is ND, OSU, Bama and LSU.

Will visit ND this summer.
          Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 10-25-2012, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
            In the video he basically crushes all of the OL guys. He's pretty tall at 6'6 for a young age. Something I did notice is the fact he is wearing some Michigan shorts in the video.
            That's actually Steve Elmer at :20 in the video that Malik just tosses aside like a rag doll. He gets Elmer in that video again somewhere towards the end.

Comment

Was that the notorious camp that Elmer showed up to way out of condition to perform?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                ScUM leads (obviously). Rest
                of his top 5 is Nd, OSU, Bama and LSU.

Will visit ND this summer.
                Him and Ka'John Armstrong will be at NDs summer camp
                I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Weighed in at 290 at the Rivals Challenge
                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

He was at the Michigan State game and came away very impressed by the Irish. He might be visiting us soon.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
                      He was at the Michigan State game and came away very impressed by the Irish. He might be visiting us soon.
                      He should be impressed with that performance by the front 7.

Comment

Gotta love going into someone else's house and impressing their guests.....kind of what Kiffy said last year.
                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

The top junior in the state in Detroit Loyola defensive lineman Malik McDowell says every school is still even for his services and that he isn’t sure what visits he’ll take the rest of the fall with the playoffs set to begin next week.

Ranked by 247Sports as the nation’s No.2 strong-side defensive end, and tabbed by the 247Composite as the country’s No. 16 prospect overall, the 6-foot-7, 285-pound McDowell has had a chance to see games at Michigan and Michigan State this fall. If his schedule allows, he said he’d like to visit Notre Dame and Ohio State before the season ends, as well as getting back to both Ann Arbor and East Lansing.

Every program mentioned has offered McDowell along with Florida, Oregon, Stanford, Syracuse and Wisconsin. 247Sports will be on hand to watch McDowell and his teammates play for the Catholic League Championship on Saturday inside Ford Field.
                          247Sports visits Detroit to see the area's top prospects

Comment

We are in great shape for McDowell. Per BGI.

What a huge score this would be. We are desperate for a player like this in the 2014 class.

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                              We are in great shape for McDowell. Per BGI.

What a huge score this would be. We are desperate for a player like this in the 2014 class.
                              Still think it is going to be VERY hard to keep him from going to UM.

Comment

Agreed, that I think its going to be hard but he has to love watching to big boys like Tuitt and Nix kill it under coach elston and coach diaco. When he graduates we'll have three lineman (kap,Tuitt, and NIX) in the NFL or getting heavy consideration from the league. 2 of which could be first rounders eventually. Tho I don't think he is now in a year or two Nix could be a first rounder. Long winded on this but he is definitely taking note and at this point i'm excited.

Comment

Isn't there another huge DE type from MI in next year's class that's very highly rated...or is he the only one?

Comment

I'll get to see this kid first hand, he is playing against my schools big rival (Ishpeming Hematites) in the D7 Finals at Ford Field. He should be quite the physical mismatch for the Hemi's. But this team is very well coached, so it will be interesting to see how they counter this kid. Hopefully he's Irish!
                                    "when your kids least deserve the love...is when they need it the most" Go Irish

Comment

Steve Wiltfong ‏@SWiltfong247
                                      Quick update on Notre Dame head coach Brian Kelly's visit to Malik McDowell's school. On the Recruiting Trail - Week One (UPDATED: 11/29 at 10:00 am) … via @247Sports #ND #Irish

Comment

Visit went well. Steve will have more on it soon.

Comment

This is Tuitt's little brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                            This is Tuitt's little brother.
                                            He even looks like him.

Comment

Malik McDowell ‏@D1_LEEK

Brian Kelly just left my school. ND coach

Comment

Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp

MT @SWiltfong247: More on #NotreDame head coach Brian Kelly's visit to see 2014 DE Malik McDowell (VIP) Several Head Coaches Have Visited Malik McDowell #Irish

Comment

Go Coach!

Comment

Originally posted by Pa Golden Tate Fan View Post
                                                    Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp

MT @SWiltfong247: More on #NotreDame head coach Brian Kelly's visit to see 2014 DE Malik McDowell (VIP) Several Head Coaches Have Visited Malik McDowell #Irish
                                                    scUM, MSU and ND top 3, in no order. McDowell's HS coach says that Kelly was very impressive as a meticulous guy who knows what he wants. HS coach intends to take Malik to an ND bowl practice, a scUM practice and an MSU practice in December to see the tempo of big-time college football.

Comment

From what I've read about him and when they quote his father this kid is my #1 want next year. 1st round draft pick potentail and with Elston coaching him up I'm sure he could reach it.

Comment

McDowell Will Visit Again

$ Free.99

Comment

well sounds like we atleast got his coach in our favor after reading that.
                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Not sure where I read it but Alabama was up to visit him this week. All the big boys are going to be after this kid.

Comment

Alabama will not be able to stop 1 Tuitt, much less Two. Bama is done if they don't stop this madness?

Comment

I know and I think thats what they're thinking as well. Its nice to have guys like Jaylon and Malik in our territory vs. the way it usually is. Which is us having to go to the south, west, etc.

Comment

What's the update?

Comment

Originally posted by KyfightingIrish36 View Post
                                                                    What's the update?
                                                                    I think you are referring to Steve Wiltfong's update, and if so, he reported that Malik will be visiting ND for one of our upcoming bowl practices.
                                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

My #1 want for 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                        I think you are referring to Steve Wiltfong's update, and if so, he reported that Malik will be visiting ND for one of our upcoming bowl practices.
                                                                        Yes I was. Good to see. Hope we can gain some ground on scUM in his recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by KyfightingIrish36 View Post
                                                                          Yes I was. Good to see. Hope we can gain some ground on scUM in his recruitment.
                                                                          I actually like where we are at with him right now. Pretty sure we are his only bowl practice visit.
                                                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                            I actually like where we are at with him right now. Pretty sure we are his only bowl practice visit.
                                                                            <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/kIfOjkB17BA?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Hahaha right as I say that:

Dream Team LEEK ‏@D1_LEEK
                                                                              Think I might try to go up to Michigan next weekend.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                And there is this:
                                                                                <iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zb5tb1WiPW4?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I expect ND to be a top ten team next year and Michigan to really struggle. Hopefully that will give us a big leg up.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I hope ND gets this guy.
                                                                                    TEAM = Together Everyone Achieves More

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I like us being where we are. Obviously not the leader but that makes us work harder and put more energy I to this kid and as you've all said every program in the kitty is going after this kid.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        little update on ISD saying someone close to Michigan recruiting feels McDowell and his family really like Notre Dame and ND leads.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Thats a great update. He's in my top 5 for this class. Any timeline for him?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            no sir

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Please God.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                After Peppers, this is the guy.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                                                                  little update on ISD saying someone close to Michigan recruiting feels McDowell and his family really like Notre Dame and ND leads.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                                    Please God.
                                                                                                    Amen.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X