Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 IL TE Nic Weishar (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 IL TE Nic Weishar (Notre Dame Signee)

Wide Receiver/Tight End Chicago, IL - Marist

Ht: 6-5
    Wt: 200

Recruiter- Martin

Rankings:
    Rivals: TE #13
    Scout: TE #14
    ESPN: TE-Y #7
    24/7: 90 TE #5, National #220
    24/7 Comp: #18 TE #431 Overall

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Arkansas
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Northwestern
    Boston College
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Maryland
    Missouri
    Michigan
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    Ole Miss
    Purdue
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Wisconsin

Nic Weishar - Highlight Videos, Schedule & Roster - Hudl

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FE9Mj_JYMfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 09:10 AM.
    People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Good size. Hopefully he has very good hands and decent speed to fit the Irish TE scheme.

Comment

He has already visited ND twice including the spring game last weekend.
      "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

This kid is going to be a big time prospect.

Loves ND too.
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

maybe hold off on another TE and take two next year along with the dude from Fla.???
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
            maybe hold off on another TE and take two next year along with the dude from Fla.???
            This sounds like Deja vu
            Originally posted by koonja
            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
              This sounds like Deja vu
              maybe...but both seem to be "really" high on us. idk have to wait and see i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                Reilly Gibbons? A lot of people see him developing into a tackle.
                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                  I would love to see a TE put on some weight and become an OT.

Comment

like Tate Nichols
                    God Country Notre Dame
                    http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Why not take him as a wide receiver? We have plenty of tight ends. I know we have a lot of receivers but we don't have any with this height. He could be another shark

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                        Why not take him as a wide receiver? We have plenty of tight ends. I know we have a lot of receivers but we don't have any with this height. He could be another shark
                        depends on his 40.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                          depends on his 40.
                          You can work on getting faster. Just a simple 4.5 would be perfect for him

Comment

You can work on getting faster. Just a simple 4.5 would be perfect for him
                            4.6 is fine with me if he has good ball skills. Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.6 at the combine i believe.

Comment

We do? We took zero TEs last year and are in serious danger of taking zero TEs this year. Even if we take one TE in this class I wouldn't be shocked to see us target two in the next class.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                We do? We took zero TEs last year and are in serious danger of taking zero TEs this year. Even if we take one TE in this class I wouldn't be shocked to see us target two in the next class.
                                Especially considering how we like to use our TEs a lot.
                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                  Alex Welch, Ben Koyack, Hercules, and a great possibility for Huerman. 4 is a good number for tight ends.

Comment

Highlight tape added. No. 89.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FE9Mj_JYMfQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                    People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

Alex Welch, Ben Koyack, Hercules, and a great possibility for Huerman. 4 is a good number for tight ends.
                                      In 2013 that will be 3 Juniors and 1 Freshman

Need 2 TEs next year
                                      “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Will visit for the Michigan game this weekend.
                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

IMO seems like this kid is all ND when it's said and done if the interest is mutual. Anyone else feel that way?

Comment

Originally posted by irishfanjho15 View Post
                                            IMO seems like this kid is all ND when it's said and done if the interest is mutual. Anyone else feel that way?
                                            I think he definitely has high interest in ND. Would not shock me at all if he was another early '14 commit.
                                            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Friends and family honor Brother Rice&#226;€™s Andrew Weishar | Chicago-Area High School Football News and Scores | Season Pass Prayers, His brother just died of cancer.
                                              Can you read this? Miami can't.

Comment

Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate
                                                #NotreDame offensive coordinator Chuck Martin currently at Marist High School checking in on 2014 Chicago WR/TE recruit Nic Weishar.

Comment

Jason Sapp ‏@BGI_JasonSapp
                                                  2014 four-star WR/TE Nic Weishar receives school visit from #NotreDame, 'loves everything' about #Irish (VIP) 2014 TE Nic Weishar receives school visit from Notre Dame

Comment

This young man has great size-hope he decides to be Irish.

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                    Andy Heck?
                                                    I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

I'm a big fan of turning the tweener WR/TE types into college TEs. I feel like they tend to have better ball skills coming out of high school than the pure TEs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kak7304 View Post
                                                        I'm a big fan of turning the tweener WR/TE types into college TEs. I feel like they tend to have better ball skills coming out of high school than the pure TEs.
                                                        Agree! +1 fo sho!

Just need to know where Trinity has him on the list before I determine how much I like him
                                                        When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Originally posted by Kak7304 View Post
                                                          And Longo has proven he can pack muscle on them.

Comment

yes but as we have seen with the likes of Ben Koyack, they can be a liability in the run game
                                                            What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                              yes but as we have seen with the likes of Ben Koyack, they can be a liability in the run game
                                                              Eifert wasn't exactly a blocking beast as a Sophomore either.
                                                              Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                I too bashed koyack early this year, but after watching the last 4 games witha focus on him, he greatly improved his blocking. I believe he has potential to be very good:)

Comment

Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                  I too bashed koyack early this year, but after watching the last 4 games witha focus on him, he greatly improved his blocking. I believe he has potential to be very good:)
                                                                  So, you mean he might actually take time to develop?

Comment

He definitely looks like he can go up after the ball and catch the ball in traffic. I'd like to see him create a little more separation.

Comment

Saw him personally at a game. needs to develop physically from eye test.

Comment

Last edited by peoriairish; 02-16-2013, 12:40 PM. Reason: I was taking a guess. My bad fellas. I need to pop on a subscription haha.

Comment

It's not Weishar, another TE named Daniel Helm

Comment

Weishar breaks down Kansas visit

charlie going after him

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Per TV visiting 4/13 (fellow TE target Bunting is also)

High ND interest but Northwestern is the sleeper team here

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Scout.com: Weishar Keeps Brother's Memory Close

Wow. Amazing story.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  F/U FROM UM VISIT

he really liked it, said that this trip reiterates all the reasons why he's excited about Michigan -- great academics, great football, great football. He and his parents had a chance to talk with coaches and see film. He stayed with Blake Bars last night and said that the entire environment of being on campus felt comfortable and that he could see himself hanging out with those kinds of guys.

visits ND in april...no top team yet or top whatever
                                                                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Nic is also gong to be visiting this weekend. First overnight visit but 3rd overall, I believe. During today's II podcast hey did a who's next segment that brought up Nic. Stating that IF the staff makes the push for him we could close this, this weekend. Different factors in play here for instance does the staff think they have a legitimate chance at Blazevich.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I'd rather not accept his commitment right now. Not because of Blazevich but Luatua. I know the staff thinks he can play DOG too but I think his interest in ND could drop if we took another TE

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Ian bunting >>> Weishar

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I agree and don't think they will push for him. I don't see a need for a second TE right now so if we r only taking one, we need to be patient

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Freebie

Weishar Enjoys ND Visit

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Committed to ND

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chicago Ill. Marist three star ranked TE Nic Weishar commits to <a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23NotreDame">#NotreDame</a> <a href="http://t.co/2b6QCW5zW7" title="http://rivals.yahoo.com/edgytim/football/recruiting/player-Nic-Weishar-132223;_ylt=AuTqtird7cEYmYvbeOpaNRQaR5B4">rivals.y ahoo.com/edgytim/footba…</a> details to follow</p>&mdash; EDGYTIM.com (@EDGYTIM) <a href="https://twitter.com/EDGYTIM/status/326887034163712000">April 24, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                                                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  crazy day in TE recruiting.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Awesome news

Never seen cause and effect of commitments so apparent in one day

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X