N.C. State
    South Carolina
    Stanford
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Wake Forest

VIDEO:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4dETrV6UjmA?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q_UMmrwKPsU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 07-30-2013, 11:19 AM.
    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

2014 RB Elijah Hood high on Notre Dame

Wants to stay down where he lives....UNLESS Notre Dame comes calling

Wants to visit up there badly and is currently trying to visit in the summer.

Same high school as Mark Harrell

When the coaches came to see Mark they met with Elijah and Coach Kelly and Alford are very interested in him

“I really like them. I’m interested in Notre Dame because they’re a great school that’s rich in tradition and education. I like that they’re a Catholic institution because I’m Catholic as well. There are a lot of things I like about the school, to be honest. They would be a great program to play for.”

Comment

What are the early scouting reports saying about him?

Comment

Man he looks thick and just a sophmore!
        Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
          What are the early scouting reports saying about him?
          One of the elite North Carolina prospects in 2014.

Achieved the third highest overall score at the Charlotte Nike Combine.

4.55s 40 (second fastest out of 1300)
          33" Vertical Jump

Grew up a UNC fan.

Could play either side of the ball (linebacker):

“I probably want to play linebacker. I’m not shying away from running back but I like to hit, I like defense and I’m an aggressive player.
          Hood is high on Heels early

^mentioned ND again that he really likes them and wants to see them

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
            One of the elite North Carolina prospects in 2014.

Achieved the third highest overall score at the Charlotte Nike Combine.

4.55s 40 (second fastest out of 1300)
            33" Vertical Jump

Grew up a UNC fan.

Could play either side of the ball (linebacker):

Hood is high on Heels early

^mentioned ND again that he really likes them and wants to see them
            We'll see how they do with the sanctions and new coach

Comment

MLB? 6'2 240 lbs before his frosh season is not unrealistic by any means! Holds his speed around 4.65 and he could be a beast!
              When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Originally posted by dboe34 View Post
                MLB? 6'2 240 lbs before his frosh season is not unrealistic by any means! Holds his speed around 4.65 and he could be a beast!
                Plays OLB
                “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                  Plays OLB
                  So. I highly doubt that he will get the "length" that BK wants for OLB and he is one big *** sophomore. He very well good stay just as athletic at 250 lbs or so his second season of college ball.
                  When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Has added offers from Duke, Vandy, Clemson, Virginia, South Carolina, NC State, Wake

94 Rating #74 in Nation, #3 RB per 247
                    Last edited by STLDomer; 06-26-2012, 01:05 PM.

Comment

in his top 5

Comment

Hood Having Great Year
                        "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

I hope we offer him soon.
                          Originally posted by koonja
                          I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Per 247, we could be the team to beat if we offer.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                              Per 247, we could be the team to beat if we offer.
                              Crazy how selective we are being with the 2014 class. He says he has heard that he is an "in-between guy" in terms of his likelihood of getting an offer. I feel like this is a guy we would have snatched up without a second thought even 2 years ago.

Comment

2014 class might have more gems in it simply because we had 19 commits BEFORE this perfect season even started, so most of the nation didn't know ND would rise to the top. These 2014'ers will know from the get-go.

Comment

I thought I remember reading when we were going after Harrell, who was his old teammate that we weren't sure if we liked him at RB or LB anybody remember that?

Comment

Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                    Crazy how selective we are being with the 2014 class. He says he has heard that he is an "in-between guy" in terms of his likelihood of getting an offer. I feel like this is a guy we would have snatched up without a second thought even 2 years ago.
                                    Absolutely. 0.9441 composite score with 3/4 services reporting. Very positive early reviews.

For reference, he'd be the 6th highest rated recruit in the 2013 class, and we've told him it's borderline whether he'll even get an offer. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                      I thought I remember reading when we were going after Harrell, who was his old teammate that we weren't sure if we liked him at RB or LB anybody remember that?
                                      I don't remember that, but I don't doubt it, either. The 247 article said that lots of coaches, including Nick Saban, have asked him if he would be interested in playing LB.

Comment

NM, Emcee said it.

Comment

Do Kelly and Diaco want a 6'0 linebacker?

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                            Do Kelly and Diaco want a 6'0 linebacker?
                                            At ILB I dont think it's that much of a problem. Plus, that might be his height at 15/16 years old.
                                            "And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

My understanding is that they like taller rangy athletes, Jarrett Grace, sounds like the profile physically. They call it a "big defense". With that said they aren't going to turn away Manti or somebody of that nature. But look at the inside LB's that they recruited. The Majority and realize I am saying majority are in the 6'2 to 6'4 range.

Comment

It is being reported ND offered Elijah today.

Paul Strelow ‏@PaulStrelow247
                                                Here's the scoop from last week on why today's Notre Dame offer so significant re: Elijah Hood (VIP) Elijah Hood talks recruiting
                                                The article stipulates that there are some close to Elijah that thought if ND offered, they would be the team to beat. I'll wait until it is verified we did in fact offer, but this could be very significant.
                                                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Strelow just posted on BGI that Hood told him via text that he received an offer from Kelly today at his school.
                                                  Last edited by Emcee77; 12-03-2012, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Strelow just posted on BGI that Hood told him via text that Kelly offered him today at his school.
                                                    Here is the article:

Brian Kelly drops an offer off in Charlotte

Pretty big that BK gave the offer himself. You have to think we are in the driver's seat here.
                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

3,157 yds @ 13.5 per carry w/ 46 tds? With the state final yet to come.

Yes please.
                                                      People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

So Hood went from a borderline prospect to receiving an offer from Kelly in person?

Comment

Dad wants him at ND. Looks good for us.

Comment

Profile updated.

Comment

His last couple of games rushing:
                                                              Oct. 26 18 car 360 yds. 4 TD's
                                                              Nov. 2 34 car 248 yds. 2 TD's
                                                              Nov. 9 19 car 315 yds. 4 TD's
                                                              Nov. 16 29 car 286 yds. 6 TD's
                                                              Nov. 23 19 car 294 yds. 1 TD
                                                              Dec 1 (State Championship):
                                                              34 car 152 yds. 2TD's in 64-26 loss

Yes, please
                                                              Take a Lap.

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                So Hood went from a borderline prospect to receiving an offer from Kelly in person?
                                                                Borderline? A bit confused what you mean there... like borderline receiving an offer from us? In the grand scheme of things he's a consensus top 100ish player... so not borderline in that respect.

Wonder if this has any effect on RB recruiting in this cycle? Does our staff still look to take 2 guys? So many good ones in 2014...

Comment

Are we recruiting him mainly as a RB or LB?
                                                                  Take a Lap.

Comment

He says he has heard that he is an "in-between guy" in terms of his likelihood of getting an offer.
                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                    Borderline? A bit confused what you mean there... like borderline receiving an offer from us? In the grand scheme of things he's a consensus top 100ish player... so not borderline in that respect.
                                                                    See Emcee's comment above.

Comment

See Emcee's comment above.
                                                                      Yep, it was in this 247 article (I think premium):

Elijah Hood talks recruiting

"In-between guy" is what he called himself. Apparently either he misunderstood or things changed quickly.

Comment

Just sign him up as big skill.

Comment

Yep, it was in this 247 article (I think premium):

Elijah Hood talks recruiting

"In-between guy" is what he called himself. Apparently either he misunderstood or things changed quickly.
                                                                          I wonder if in-between is something we should be interpreting differently... Like he may have had a conditional offer? Shooting from the hip here.
                                                                          People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

Thick legs, runs w a low center of gravity (and a purpose) and when he lowers his head into a would be tackler (just before he proceeds to run him over) he looks like Earl "Tyler Rose" Campbell. He looks incredibly strong.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by ShakeDown View Post
                                                                              I wonder if in-between is something we should be interpreting differently... Like he may have had a conditional offer? Shooting from the hip here.
                                                                              Perhaps "in-between" here means hybrid RB/ Z WR? Similar to what Riddick does now.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Perhaps "in-between" here means hybrid RB/ Z WR? Similar to what Riddick does now.
                                                                                His profile lists him as an athlete, so perhaps he was being considered for a myriad of positions.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  No ... "in-between guy as far as an offer there" was the full phrase, if it's ok to quote that much. He meant he wasn't sure whether he was going to get an offer.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I thought by 'in-between' he meant more like being recruited as an ATH... maybe I misunderstood.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      My guess is its position related. In the article he mentions that some schools like him at RB and some at LB which makes him an in-between.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I guess it is kind of a moot point seeing how he has now been offered
                                                                                        "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I think it's totally clear from the context that he was talking about his likelihood of getting an offer, or at least that's how the writer who was interviewing him understood the remark. The writer inserts the "in-between guy as far as an offer" quote right after he says that based on what he has heard that we will be the leader if we offer.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                            I thought by 'in-between' he meant more like being recruited as an ATH... maybe I misunderstood.
                                                                                            I think it's totally clear from the context that he was talking about his likelihood of getting an offer, or at least that's how the writer who was interviewing him understood the remark. The writer inserts the "in-between guy as far as an offer" quote right after he says that based on what he has heard that we will be the leader if we offer.
                                                                                            Emcee is right on it. Whiskey and Lax, I was thinking the same thing, so I double checked the article. Definitely used in the context of, "in-between offer"

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              This guy?
                                                                                              I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                                                                His profile lists him as an athlete, so perhaps he was being considered for a myriad of positions.
                                                                                                It would be a travesty if they put this kid anywhere but RB!!! I was drooling over his abilities!!! He can just flat run over people, out run them, and juke em! This kid is special!!!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  He reminds me of the type of back Alabama has, physical, run to daylight, and when the tackler comes run them over.

He looks like our 2014 Jamel James. The staff is making moves on the power backs along with the RB/slot types.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDGirlzRock View Post
                                                                                                    It would be a travesty if they put this kid anywhere but RB!!! I was drooling over his abilities!!! He can just flat run over people, out run them, and juke em! This kid is special!!!
                                                                                                    Hmmm...I actually like him better on defense.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X