Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'14 NY OT/SDE Jay Hayes (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '14 NY OT/SDE Jay Hayes (Notre Dame Signee)

Offensive Tackle/ Defensive End
    Brooklyn, NY
    Poly Prep

Height: 6'5
    Weight: 270

Rankings:
    247: #9 DT #125 Overall
    Scout: #9 OT #64 Overall
    Rivals: #249 Overall
    247 Composite: #8 DT #138 Overall

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Clemson
    Florida
    Florida State
    Ohio State
    Miami
    North Carolina
    Oregon
    Virginia Tech
    Washington
    Michigan
    UConn
    Rutgers
    Oregon
    UCLA
    Temple

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rITZkVGTBjc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2AYg6J-6knA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 02-05-2014, 08:49 AM.

Calls ND one of his dream schools. Hears a lot about ND from former Poly Prep standout Eric Olsen. Always watched on TV and really likes what we stand for and think we have a great balance of academics and athletics. Wants to go to a catholic school.

53 tackles and 14 sacks in limited action on defense as a Sophomore.

Comment

Yes, please.
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I like seeing NY on the ND roster. Looks like a bad dude.

Comment

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CU43pmFCi6k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CU43pmFCi6k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Kids got some attitude...I'm gonna make you my b!tch attitude...I like it.
            I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

kid's a big sucker for a sophomore.
              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

The kid seems really intelligent. I love what he said at the end. He looked at his competition and devised a way to best beat it.
                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Looks like a great athlete. Definitely a solid OL prospect, but I wonder what ND staff sees him as...

Comment

Michigan has offered. Reports a Top 4 of ND, Michigan, Georgia, and Rutgers (no order).

Still waiting to hear back from ND about an offer.

Comment

Please offer him.

Comment

Offered per rivals
                        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                          Offered per rivals
                          Boom

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                            Calls ND one of his dream schools. Hears a lot about ND from former Poly Prep standout Eric Olsen. Always watched on TV and really likes what we stand for and think we have a great balance of academics and athletics. Wants to go to a catholic school.

53 tackles and 14 sacks in limited action on defense as a Sophomore.
                            Well that would be ND or BC...

Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                            Looks like a great athlete. Definitely a solid OL prospect, but I wonder what ND staff sees him as...
                            Anybody have an idea what position we're recruiting him for or where he might fall in position rankings?

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                              Well that would be ND or BC...

Anybody have an idea what position we're recruiting him for or where he might fall in position rankings?
                              Big skill lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                Big skill lol
                                Smartass

Comment

He actually looks like he could bulk to a NT and we do need one in this cycle if we are keeping Day at DE
                                  “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Top 3 of UM, ND and Rutger (no order). I really really like this kids attitude.

Now listed as having an ND offer.
                                    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 08-24-2012, 08:45 AM.

Comment

We are far and away his leader.

I think the kid has offers from everyone save maybe USC.

Comment

Originally posted by magogian View Post
                                        We are far and away his leader.

I think the kid has offers from everyone save maybe USC.
                                        Speculation or are you hearing something?

Comment

It's on BGI, he called and told them so.

Over the last two months he has added Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, UF, and Florida State to name a few.

Comment

Jay and malik would be phenominal! It seems we lead for both. Who cares if we cant get 5star cb:)

Comment

Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                              Jay and malik would be phenominal! It seems we lead for both. Who cares if we cant get 5star cb:)
                                              Hard for a QB to beat our CBs when he is being pummeled to the ground.

Comment

doesn't have a #2 or #3 after ND either.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                  His #2 and #3 are the Fighting Diaco's and Team Bikeseat

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                                    Haha what? So we are only school he likes but hasn't committed. One visit and this thing is done then.
                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                      Haha what? So we are only school he likes but hasn't committed. One visit and this thing is done then.

yeah that's what he said. basically ND is really far out in front like was already mentioned. there will be more on him on 247 soon.

Comment

"And then secondly, it's just very, very pleasant. I mean, very pleasant." - Gary Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                          That sounds very promising! It's unbelievable how well this staff has done recruiting the DL! Kudos to them for that, we struggled mightily in that category for awhile.

Comment

Found one quick but amazing clip. Imagine this is shane morrismin a few years going down.

YouTube

Comment

I think the kid has the frame to get to a NT size, but am I the only one that things 6'5" is 2 inches too tall for that spot? Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
                                                                I think the kid has the frame to get to a NT size, but am I the only one that things 6'5" is 2 inches too tall for that spot? Just a thought.
                                                                I'm thinking he would play the spot that KLM plays.

Why does everyone think he will play D not OT?

Comment

Originally posted by peoriairish View Post
                                                                  I see him at de. Want enoch at NG
                                                                  Last edited by Irishman77; 10-25-2012, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I seemhim at de. Want enoch at NG
                                                                    Jive?

Comment

I seemhim at de. Want enoch at NG
                                                                      I'm with ya 100%.

And Sherm, I'm thinking people call him for D because we will be running a little thin there next year, whereas as of right now, our OL is pretty stout if all these verbals stick. Just my thinking.

Comment

Here are some one on ones and enoch is thin but hey it was before his jr year...Football Recruiting - Enoch Smith - Player Profiles - ESPN

Sorry back to the stellar jay hayes

Comment

Found one quick but amazing clip. Imagine this is shane morrismin a few years going down.

YouTube
                                                                          At last check, that QB was still on the turf.

Comment

I really like this kid. He speaks very well and seems to be a thoughtful kid but has a tremendous amount of talent. Moves his feet real well, is long and athletic for his size. He has Bama offer already, boom! Get him and Enoch in the fold before next season and put the full court press on Malik, who will probably take a little longer.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              On my phone so don't know how to embed videos but there is a video of him at a NUC camp in 2011 as a 9th grader. Just search google jay Hayes football.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                I really like this kid. He speaks very well and seems to be a thoughtful kid but has a tremendous amount of talent. Moves his feet real well, is long and athletic for his size. He has Bama offer already, boom! Get him and Enoch in the fold before next season and put the full court press on Malik, who will probably take a little longer.
                                                                                Yep and dont forget about the elite andrew williams who loves the irish and goes to same hs as Rochell. No wonder we are not pushing for dl in 13

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Very true, we can pitch these kids good playing time as well if it looks like tuitt and nix r going to leave and if not we win the world title with the best d line ever, haha

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Leaning towards wanting to play on the DL. Staff told him he could play both. Hasn't visited any schools yet but would like to visit ND (of course) along with UF, Clemson UNC, and Michigan.

For those that missed it yesterday, we are the clear leader at this point.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                      Leaning towards wanting to play on the DL. Staff told him he could play both. Hasn't visited any schools yet but would like to visit ND (of course) along with UF, Clemson UNC, and Michigan.

For those that missed it yesterday, we are the clear leader at this point.
                                                                                      This is always great to hear.
                                                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        seems like a jarron jones 2.0...wants to play defense, but bigger upside at tackle...eitherway just want him to be irish!!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Irish Sports Daily ‏@ISDUpdate

2014 NY OL/DL Jay Hayes has #NotreDame on top. (Premium) http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...-has-nd-on-top … #Michigan #Rutgers #Bama #FSU

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Hayes impressed with Anselmo

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Jay Hayes commits according to Jason Sapp

Notre Dame has landed a commitment...
                                                                                              follow me on twitter @eduardogsr1990

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                nice one! Jumbo's come on down
                                                                                                What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Nice!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    fricking awesome!!!

next jarron jones!!

welcome to ND J Hayes.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X