Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13 DC ATH Devin Butler (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 DC ATH Devin Butler (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Athlete
    Washington, D.C.
    Gonzaga HS

Height: 6'2
    Weight: 180
    40: 4.54

Rankings:
    247: #24 CB
    ESPN: #18 CB #187 Overall
    Rivals: #33 CB
    Scout: #53 CB

247Composite: #28 CB #346 Overall

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Baylor
    BC
    UConn
    Duke
    Houston
    Iowa
    Maryland
    Michigan
    NC State
    Nebraska
    UNC
    Northwestern
    Penn State
    Rutgers
    Syracuse
    Temple
    UVA
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin

Recruiter:
    Scott Booker

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oWdsVZIBYIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 11-07-2012, 02:57 PM.

Offered yesterday.

Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan, Penn State, North Carolina, Virginia and Notre Dame are his favorites.
    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 02-28-2012, 08:49 AM.

Comment

I'm surprised Houston isn't in there

Comment

I like the way his eyes seemed to be in the backfield, without losing coverage.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
          I'm surprised Houston isn't in there
          Houston only goes after 5-star WRs.

Comment

Ah, yes this kid is from my high school!
            Faugh a Ballaugh!

Comment

The lack of a Houston offer is worrisome.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                The lack of a Houston offer is worrisome.
                Oh no he has a Houston offer, but they aren't one of his top schools at this point.

Comment

Bang Bang Cougar Gang
                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                    Bang Bang Cougar Gang
                    Now that sounds like a group I could enjoy being a part of!!

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                      Now that sounds like a group I could enjoy being a part of!!
                      Word

Comment

Visiting the 29th-30th

Comment

Do you think he is interested?

Michigan on the 24th, Michigan State on the 25th, Northwestern is the 26th and the 27th, Wisconsin is the 27th and 28th, Notre Dame is the 28th, 29th and 30th and Ohio State is the 31st

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                            Do you think he is interested?
                            Michigan on the 24th, Michigan State on the 25th, Northwestern is the 26th and the 27th, Wisconsin is the 27th and 28th, Notre Dame is the 28th, 29th and 30th and Ohio State is the 31st
                            Must have heard about the Lake Effect Snow Festival!

Comment

Penn State is on top at the moment.

"It felt like home instantly."

Comment

Young man has a lot of upcoming visits in a row, not that his "feeling at home" will necessarily change but after his 6 consecutive visits his opinion may be different.
                                Prehistoric

Comment

On campus yesterday and today apparently.

Comment

I saw BK giving a personal tour of the Gug and Loftus this morning. Was that with Devin or is someone else here this weekend as well?
                                    Take a Lap.

Comment

I think someone else was scheduled for a three day visit starting today but don't recall who it was. Chances are it was Butler.

Comment

Please no more DC/MD kids. For many, many reasons.

Comment

After reading all of this thread, the only thing I find worrisome is that he says Penn State feels like home. Does anyone know about this kids background?

sarcasm font.

Comment

He's there, tweeted about it

“@Devin7_Era: Chilling with these&#160;
                                            hawaiians at ND... its the life”

“@Devin7_Era: So diverse here.. I like it”
                                            “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Set his announcement date for May 12

Comment

As of now he is a PSU lean but we'll see after his visit.

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                  He's there, tweeted about it

“@Devin7_Era: Chilling with these*
                                                  hawaiians at ND... its the life”

“@Devin7_Era: So diverse here.. I like it
                                                  He's clearly not at ND.

Comment

I'm very impressed with his video...has big time FS written all over.

Comment

IMO Butler > Bell

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                        IMO Butler > Bell
                                                        How about both? ;)

Comment

How about both? ;)
                                                          Nah we will take one and then hold room for a elite guy like Vernon Hargreaves or Priest Willis.

Comment

I'd personally much rather have Bell. Maybe this is just me but I like the way Bell tackles on his film and it looks like he has superior closing speed.

WCAC is pretty stiff competition though and that might make Butler look a bit slow.... at the same time, the entire time I watch his film I think "why isn't he a step faster?" like most elite HS kids look on their tape.

Comment

Nah we will take one and then hold room for a elite guy like Vernon Hargreaves or Priest Willis.
                                                              Not trying to be negative Philly but Hargreaves is not coming here. IMO
                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                I'd personally much rather have Bell. Maybe this is just me but I like the way Bell tackles on his film and it looks like he has superior closing speed.

WCAC is pretty stiff competition though and that might make Butler look a bit slow.... at the same time, the entire time I watch his film I think "why isn't he a step faster?" like most elite HS kids look on their tape.
                                                                I watched his tape again and I just don't see him being a step slow. I think he will be a very good FS.

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                  Not trying to be negative Philly but Hargreaves is not coming here. IMO
                                                                  IMO we will land a top flight corner because of how thin we are there. Not sure who yet.

Comment

IMO we will land a top flight corner because of how thin we are there. Not sure who yet.
                                                                    I think Willis is our chance for a top end corner.
                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Kid is announcing a day after my birthday, in other words, he is announcing May 12th.
                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
                                                                        I think Willis is our chance for a top end corner.
                                                                        We got a dark horse shot at McQuay, likes Vandy alot so we have a good season, get him on campus, we got a shot

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                          We got a dark horse shot at McQuay, likes Vandy alot so we have a good season, get him on campus, we got a shot
                                                                          McQuay is a Safety. He seems to really value academics.

Comment

McQuay is a Safety. He seems to really value academics.
                                                                            247 has I'm at corner, scout at S, Rivals at S, ESPN at S, can play both

Also Alford is his recruiter so even better shot

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I watched his tape again and I just don't see him being a step slow. I think he will be a very good FS.
                                                                              FS I can agree with you on (obviously assuming he gets better at tackling, etc. but all kids do once they get college coaching). I thought we were talking about as CB prospects but I now see you said earlier "FS written all over him."

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                FS I can agree with you on (obviously assuming he gets better at tackling, etc. but all kids do once they get college coaching). I thought we were talking about as CB prospects but I now see you said earlier "FS written all over him."
                                                                                Def agree about his tackling, it's atrocious. He doesn't wrap up at all, but college coaching will change that.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  How many safeties do you all think we take? We will already have 8 on the roster next year.
                                                                                  Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 03-29-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    How many safeties do you all think we take, we will already have 8 on the roster next year.
                                                                                    8 more? lol

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      How many safeties do you all think we take? We will already have 8 on the roster next year.
                                                                                      All of the safeties

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        You only take elite ones IMO.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Devin Butler ‏ @Devin7_Era
                                                                                          @MalikZaire6 yeah I'm here with the players now

Malik Zaire ‏ @MalikZaire6
                                                                                          @Devin7_Era how they treating ya?

@MalikZaire6 great bruh, dm me tho people twatching

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            1? 2? 0? Not sure. That's a really good question. I think it depends on the prospect... can they play other positions? I think it also depends on what the staff thinks of our safeties once the frosh get here in the fall. How are guys like Baratti and Shumate used, etc.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              We need at least one pure FS, two if we have spots and/or it's a top guy. Could be a WR/DB/FS flex guy as Lax noted

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                                @MalikZaire6 yeah I'm here with the players now

Malik Zaire ‏ @MalikZaire6
                                                                                                @Devin7_Era how they treating ya?

@MalikZaire6 great bruh, dm me tho people twatching
                                                                                                Malik at it again. Can't get enough of this kid.
                                                                                                www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  From Lou Somogyi's Day Six Practice Report:

Football Recruiting Editor Jason Sapp – Worth Noting:

CB Devin Butler of Washington (D.C.) Gonzaga and TE Mike Heuerman of Naples (Fla.) Barron Collier were both seen at practice

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    He got a 1240 on his SATs (out of 1600) according to his twitter. Not too bad at all

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X