Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13 OH QB Malik Zaire (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 OH QB Malik Zaire (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Dual Threat Quarterback
    Kettering, Ohio
    Archbishop Alter

Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 190 lbs

RANKINGS:
    ESPN: Dual Threat QB #11
    Rivals: Overall #136
    Scout:
    24/7: #113 Overall, # Dual Threat QB (94 Rating)

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Boston College
    Cincinnati
    Indiana
    Illinois
    Nebraska
    Northwestern
    Ohio State
    Pitt
    Wisconson

INTEREST:
    Iowa
    Michigan State
    Oregon
    Florida State

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uivqFx6J9D0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3Nyd6LSCBtU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Ironman8; 04-17-2012, 11:09 AM.

113 ranked nationally and #3 dual threat QB on 247
    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

That highlight tape was pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
        agreed, strikes me as a Dual-threat QB who is willing to be a pass first QB. Definitely has a decent arm and great accuracy. Left-handed QB... nice. I really like the video.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
          He definitely has the wheels...looked to have pretty damn good touch on his throws as well!

Comment

i just don't see this guy being an elite QB at the next level...outstanding athlete, but imo he's not a QB.
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Ohio State guys were pretty confident that he will be an Buckeye.

Comment

Plays in the same division (4) as Mauk did and we know how opinions of him differed here.

Comment

Ohio's D4 has been pretty damn brutal over the last ten years though. Some years the best team in the state was in D4. If the kid can play, he can play.

Comment

you're referring to the cardinal mooney team/teams that were beaten by coldwater twice in the state championship.

Comment

Correct. That Cardinal Mooney team was the best in the state that season.

Comment

^^I love being in a football powerhouse state
                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Ahh but being in Toledo you're in, supposedly, the worst area of the state for football.

Genoa had a team blaze through NW Ohio and eventually run into this Archbishop Alter program that ended their run for a state championship. That was a great team to watch play, considering the lack of success Genoa had before that Vickers guy arrived. Alter gets a lot of D1 guys go through there, I'm sure this guy can play.

Comment

Toledo St. Johns
                            Whitmer
                            Central Catholic
                            St. Francis (not lately)

wouldn't call them cup cakes the last two have won titles recently.

Comment

CA, FL, TX,AL, GA, TN > OH when it comes to HS football

Comment

i'll give ya the first three, but the other three...you're drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                  CA, FL, TX,AL, GA, TN > OH when it comes to HS football
                                  Alabama??! Tennessee?!? Hell no.

It goes like this, in my opinion:

Tier 1: California, Texas, Florida

Tier 2: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia

Tier 3: New Jersey, Alabama, North Carolina, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Illinois

Tier 4: The rest
                                  Last edited by Buster Bluth; 02-21-2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                    Toledo St. Johns
                                    Whitmer
                                    Central Catholic
                                    St. Francis (not lately)

wouldn't call them cup cakes the last two have won titles recently.
                                    I'm from Toledo, and actually went to St. Francis.

I would probably include Southview on that last too.

But even those five (maybe Fremont Ross too? six?) don't add up to the rest of the state very well normally.

Comment

Indiana has more HS teams ranked in the top 25 than OH. Nevada has the same amount as OH. Mississippi, Maryland and Kentucky also have the same amount as Ohio with 1.

Comment

Perhaps this should have its own thread. Then I'd feel more comfortable posting my opinion(s). :)
                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Indiana has more HS teams ranked in the top 25 than OH. Nevada has the same amount as OH. Mississippi, Maryland and Kentucky also have the same amount as Ohio with 1.
                                          Doesn't mean the whole state is better. Ohio is just below Florida, California, and Texas and isn't really that far behind. Cleveland and Cincinnati have great football teams every year.

Comment

That's a very bad way to rank states.

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                                              Doesn't mean the whole state is better. Ohio is just below Florida, California, and Texas and isn't really that far behind. Cleveland and Cincinnati have great football teams every year.
                                              I agree.

IMO: #1 Tejas, #2 Cali, #3 Flo Rida, # 4 Ohio

Then the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                I'm from Toledo, and actually went to St. Francis.

I would probably include Southview on that last too.

But even those five (maybe Fremont Ross too? six?) don't add up to the rest of the state very well normally.
                                                Toledo football as a whole is not that good. There are some great teams that come out of there at time but there is no depth to speak of.

Cleveland and Cinci are very deep every year. Columbus has basically caught up with them as well. Depth and top tier teams are very strong.

Toledo is still way behind in the area of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                  Alabama??! Tennessee?!? Hell no.

It goes like this, in my opinion:

Tier 1: California, Texas, Florida

Tier 2: Ohio, Pennsylvania, Georgia

Tier 3: New Jersey, Alabama, North Carolina, Louisiana, Virginia, Michigan, Illinois

Tier 4: The rest
                                                  Michigan football is really bad as a whole. Everything else seems pretty spot on to my knowledge

Comment

Zaire A True QB

Great read, loves ND, since the Kiel commitment I think Alviti probs will go to NW so I think this is our QB commit
                                                    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

I still think hes an osu lean but I would love to have him.
                                                      God Country Notre Dame
                                                      http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

From what I've read and some of the interviews, I would be very surprised if he chose a school other then pOSU.

I think our only hope is if pOSU would keep Jalin Marshall at QB.

Comment

Some former Alter alums include:

Nick Mangold
                                                          Jeff Graham
                                                          Jim Paxson
                                                          John Paxson

Chris Borland the Linebacker for Wisconsin is an Alter alum along with QB for Miami OH Austin Boucher.

Comment

Also:

Texas, California, and Florida are up top in high school football but Ohio is right behind them.

Comment

And not just Cincinnati and Cleveland anymore, Dayton is pumping out really good football players every year now.

Comment

From ISD

Zaire Honored By ND Offer

Comment

I don't understand how the guy wants to announce at the end of March/beginning of April if he doesn't know where he wants to go.

Either way, I would love it if Kelly snagged him away from Urban. Love it love it love it.

Comment

Call me a pessimist, but I think it's because he knows where he wants to go right now, unless he falls in love with another school on his visits. It seems like in all likelihood he will be pOSU IMO.

Comment

That's fine if Zaire commits to O$U because we're in pretty good shape with Aaron Bailey.

Comment

Visiting March 24

Comment

so we get the last word in on this guy... We have a decent shot, though I am not super optimistic...

Comment

Alabama offered.

Comment

• #40
                                                                              "I like Ohio State, Alabama, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Wisconsin."
                                                                              Basically has non commitable offers from OSU and Bama until they see him work out in person. Was going to decide later this month but that has been pushed back until he visits the schools he is interested in. Still coming March 24th.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                that is a tough list to compete with... This will be a pretty hard grab in my opinion. Thanks for the update GITF.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                  that is a tough list to compete with... This will be a pretty hard grab in my opinion. Thanks for the update GITF.
                                                                                  Dont mind going up against Wisco and Nebraska for this kid. Like GITF said his offers to OSU, Bama aren't commit able. Bama offer might be for an athlete and OSU is going to work out Chapman and Zaire for an offer. Also they really want JT Barrett.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                                    It's not like we don't compete against those schools in recruiting every single year or anything...
                                                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      Can anyone explain the concept of a non-committable offer to me? It sounds like an oxymoron. How is it an offer if the player can't accept it?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                                                                                        Can anyone explain the concept of a non-committable offer to me? It sounds like an oxymoron. How is it an offer if the player can't accept it?
                                                                                        hey we like you, but we like some others better...we are offering u but u can't verbal unless the other guys ahead of u decide not to or they have a chance to showcase their talents.....a nice way of slow playing a person
                                                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          ^^offer with contingencies attached
                                                                                          I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            I see, thanks.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              A contingency could certainly be that you have to visit to receive the offer, thus showing some real level of interest. Seems we've seen some of those floated out there.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                i'm assuming our offer is commitable, correct?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  This is the qb that I want in this class!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X