Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13 CA S Max Redfield (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 CA S Max Redfield (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Safety
    Mission Viejo, CA

Height:6'3
    Weight: 195

Rankings:
    247 - #5 S #44 OVR (95 Rating)
    Rivals - #3 S #30 OVR
    ESPN - #2 S #37 OVR (87 Rating)
    Scout - #6 S #81 Overall
    247 Comp - #4 S #40 OVR (.9728)

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    USC
    LSU
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Nebraska
    UCLA
    Tennessee
    Ole Miss
    Utah
    SMU
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    Boise State
    Cal
    Colorado
    Vanderbilt
    Washington
    Washington State

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZSFXA52OO6s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 01-21-2013, 12:43 PM. Reason: lol Adam

Offered yesterday. Will be a tough pull from west coast as he has already said USC and Oregon (no offer) are his early favorites.

Comment

Mark Sanchez territory. USC lock?
      Last edited by Sherm Sticky; 01-26-2012, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
        Mark Sanchez territory. USC lock?
        So it seems. And its Mark ;)

Comment

is he the stud safety from cali. that we were talking about last summer?

or is it su'a cravens? does that name ring a bell.
          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
            is he the stud safety from cali. that we were talking about last summer?

or is it su'a cravens? does that name ring a bell.
            Cravens is correct, and he is favoring USC and OU at the moment.

Comment

ann arbor buddy of mine told me he said he will definitely visit ann arbor before he makes his decision...if he comes east for them i'd imagine he'd give us a look.

Comment

This guy lives a couple of minutes from me. If he goes SC I may take a dump in his yard. Actually...since he goes to Mission V with an SC offer, he's an SC lock. Might as well take that dump now.
                60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                  This guy lives a couple of minutes from me. If he goes SC I may take a dump in his yard. Actually...since he goes to Mission V with an SC offer, he's an SC lock. Might as well take that dump now.
                  Leave a note that says,

"Love,

Your biggest SC fan"
                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Top 3
                    USC
                    Oregon
                    Notre Dame

per rivals

Comment

What if Cravens commits first? (To USC)

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                        You tell me playa.

Comment

I just hope all 3 Fresno DBs commit.

Comment

What if they both commit to ND at the same time then say "what they heck, lets own the secondary for at least 3 years at Notre Dame?"

Comment

any relation to chris & claire? bada bing!

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                Top 3
                                USC
                                Oregon
                                Notre Dame

per rivals
                                Are we still thinking he is a USC lock?

Comment

Originally posted by anarin View Post
                                  any relation to chris & claire? bada bing!
                                  Well played sir, well played
                                  "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                    IMO they will put Cravens at LB.

Comment

Just for you Whiskey:

From 247:
                                      “I like Notre Dame because they have a top football program, but they also offer a prestigious degree," said Redfield. "One of their coaches came by my school and told me how high of a salary people get after graduating from Notre Dame, it was crazy. They also put people in NFL."

Comment

He seems to get it, now will he make it official? :)

Comment

Per Rivals still has ND, Oregon, and USC as slight leaders. ND coming at him really hard and he talks to Brian Kelly a few times a week.

Comment

This kids film is really impressive. Big guy-huge hitter-break away speed (at least from competition on video). Would love for him to take an official or at least visit ND. Need some more star power in the secondary.
                                            I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

A pipeline from Mission Viejo would be nice. Deep in SC country down here.

Comment

Ha I think the town will disown Max if he comes to ND.

Comment

We're still in his top 5, along with USC, Oregon, LSU, Washington. Likes our tradition and our academics. Really likes Denbrock, talks to him once a week at least, exchanges Facebook messages with him even more often. Hopes to visit ND once his track schedule clears up. per Biggers.

Comment

HUGE!

Comment

Everyone don't get to excited this probably going to be an oregon and usc race.
                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Yeah, l doubt we get him. To me it never bodes well when a guy gives specific football reasons for wanting to go to other schools and then for ND he just spouts the cliches about tradition and academics. But you never know ... if we do get a visit, that may make the difference. You often hear recruits like Mahone and Rochell talk about how they decided to visit sort of to humor us and ended up loving it way more than they thought they would.

Comment

Get him to visit and anything is possible.

Comment

This kid doesn't look like a teenager to me. Looks like he's 20-something

Comment

would be incredible if we landed him, but i agree he seems to be a west coast guy.

like colts said if we get him on campus though, who knows

Comment

Top California recruits buck trend, wait to announce commitments

Article about multiple recruits, but it had his picture so I posted it here.

Comment

Update on 247:

Two horse race, USC and Oregon. ND, Wash, and LSU round out Top 5. Visited USC numerous times. Will visit Oregon coming up. No plans in place to visit ND at this time.

I will be shocked, SHOCKED if he doesn't end up a Trojan.

Comment

Hoping he goes to Oregon. :(

Comment

Originally posted by NDhoosier View Post
                                                                      Hoping he goes to Oregon. :(
                                                                      This.

Comment

SB Trib Article posted today
                                                                        Notre Dame football recruiting: Safety prospect eyeing Irish - southbendtribune.com

Max Redfield may know which schools are currently at the top of the list, but the safety from Mission Viejo, Calif., is in no hurry to make a decision.

The senior-to-be at Mission Viejo High said Oregon, USC, Washington, LSU and Notre Dame are leading at this point, but he's not planning on announcing a decision until the Under Armour All-American game in January. Those five schools combined with a couple others leave Redfield in a flexible situation.

"If I had to make a decision today, I honestly don't know what it would be," Redfield said. "I'm just playing everything out and taking my time with it all."

Redfield, who is rated as the No. 4 safety in the 2013 class by both Rivals.com and 247Sports.com, is one of several top safety prospects in California. Vista Murrieta's Su'a Cravens announced his commitment to USC on Wednesday, but fellow California safeties Tahaan Goodman and Hatari Byrd remain uncommitted like Redfield. All four safeties havePac-12heavy offer lists and each decision could impact the other.

Redfield said he'd been in touch with Cravens and was interested to see where he would commit, but that he doesn't foresee anyone's decision impacting the way he looks at schools.

"I don't think it will ultimately affect me because I've got to focus on me and what's best for my decision, not as much other people," Redfield said.

This spring, Redfield visited USC for its junior day and spring game. He plans on visiting Oregon and Washington this summer, but won't be able to make a trip to South Bend for an unofficial visit. Redfield said he's planning on taking one of his official visits to Notre Dame in the fall.

To date, Redfield believes the five schools at the top of his list offer similar things. Redfield listed academics, comfortability with the campus, program prestige and trust in the coaching staff as key factors.

"They're all just all-around great programs and I feel like if I went there I can reach my full potential," Redfield said. "Even if I didn't make it to the NFL, which is my ultimate goal, I'll still be successful and get a good career that I'd be interested in."

ND wide receivers coach Mike Denbrock has been recruiting the 6-foot-3, 195-pound Redfield.

"I feel pretty open with him and I can talk to him almost like a friend," Redfield said of Denbrock. "We talk over Facebook a lot and he's been out to Mission a few times as well."

Redfield played both safety and wide receiver as a junior, but most programs project him as a safety. Redfield recorded 91 tackles and three interceptions on defense and 420 receiving yards and five touchdowns on offense.

At safety, Redfield said he has elite ball-hawking skills that allow him to read the quarterback and make plays on pass attempts. He said he's not afraid to come up and hit to stop the run as well.

While Redfield has his sights on the NFL, Notre Dame has been able to use the success of former Notre Dame safety Harrison Smith as an example after he was drafted in the first round by the Minnesota Vikings.

"They've definitely mentioned it," Redfield said. "It definitely proves to me that they can help get you to that ultimate level of the NFL."

Comment

I know he's a USC lock but he seems like a good kid. I hope we can get him on campus.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

doesnt seem ND is completely out of it, if we have a good season and a strong recruiting class around him, I think we will have a shot. Him announcing later is only helping us, because right now, we are definitely not #1.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Planning nd trip per isd article?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                                I'm Ron Burgundy?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                                                                                  Yeah- going to try to visit this or next month. USC and Oregon are top-2, but according to him that's only because of familiarity with them. Plans to visit all "top" schools and announce at UA game in January.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I like that he's planning on waiting, that gives a shot to make a good impression with him!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Yes could visit this month or next month per ISD.

USC

Oregon

urbody else.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        if his Top 2 is still Oregon and USC by a wide margin, like you're illustratig GB, AFTER he visits then I will give up hope for this guy.

but things could change once/if he visits SB.
                                                                                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Agree with you berry

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            From ISD

“I’m hoping that I can visit Notre Dame by the end of this month, but I’m not sure,” he said. “If I can’t get out there this month, I’m going to visit Notre Dame next month. I’d also like to take an official visit out there but I haven’t really thought about that too much.”
                                                                                            Redfield (pictured) is being recruited by Irish coach Mike Denbrock who is one of the big reasons that Redfield is so interested in Notre Dame.
                                                                                            “I speak with Coach Denbrock at least once a week, but we also send messages through e-mail and Facebook,” said Redfield. “He’s a really funny guy that doesn’t take things too seriously, but when it comes time to talk business, he’s very professional. I didn’t know a lot about Notre Dame before but Coach Denbrock has really opened my eyes to what the school has to offer.”

Recruiting Week In Review

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I don't know why, but I think we get this kid. We really need to start the season 4-0.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                We really need to add quality depth to the defensive backfield... number 1 overall need imo... has been for a couple years now...
                                                                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post
                                                                                                  I don't know why, but I think we get this kid. We really need to start the season 4-0.
                                                                                                  Puff puff give brother!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Only hope I see us having is if SC fills their class and can't take him. Even then I still don't think we have much of a chance.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X