Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13 FL TE Mike Heuerman (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 FL TE Mike Heuerman (Notre Dame Early Enrollee)

Tight end
    Naples, Florida
    Barron Collier

Ht: 6'4"
    Wt: 210 lbs
    40: 4.76 secs
    Bench Max: 285
    Squat Max: 385

RANKINGS:
    24/7: TE #9
    ESPN: TE-Y #5
    Rivals: TE #10
    Scout: TE #9

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Auburn
    Florida State
    LSU
    Michigan State
    Miami
    Mississippi
    Ohio State
    Purdue
    Rutgers
    South Carolina
    South Florida
    Vanderbilt
    Last edited by Ironman8; 04-17-2012, 11:13 AM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

brother plays at Ohio St. and imo he they come calling it's a done deal.
    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Here's a link to an OSU rag that had a Q&A with him back on Dec 1st.
      Catching Up with Mike Heuerman | Eleven Warriors

Look for an early decision and considering this was an OSU writeup, Heuerman's responses weren't enough Pro OSU that I don't necessarily think he is an OSU lock.

It didn't take long for Buckeye Nation to fall in love with Jeff Heuerman. Let's see how long it takes them to do the same with his younger brother.

Mike Heuerman just finished up his junior season at Barron Collier High School in Naples, Florida. The 6-4/220 tight end had a very good year going through his first five games (22 catches for 345 yards and 3 TDs) until he blew out his shoulder and was on the bench until the playoffs.

During that stretch, he showed flashed of greatness, although missing half the year definitely hurt him on the recruiting trail, where he is now trying to make up lost time in proving that he should be playing big time college football after next season.

While he doesn't have any scholarship offers just yet, don't think the younger Heuerman isn't in high demand. He keeps in constant contact with some of the major programs across the country, of course with one of them being Ohio State.

We had the chance to sit down and talk to Mike to see how recruiting was going, what it was like to watch his big brother play for the Buckeyes this year, what he thinks about Ohio State hiring Urban Meyer, and much more. Join us after the jump to catch up with Mike Heuerman.

First off, how did your junior season go?

The season went well. It was going real strong up until the fifth game when I blew my shoulder out. I didn't return until the playoffs where we lost in the first round.

How is recruiting going? Do you have any offers? Who has shown interest?

Recruiting is going good. I don't have any official offers right now, but lots of schools are showing interest. I talk to Notre Dame two to three times per week and they are coming to the school tomorrow (Thursday). I talk to Coach Lewis at Florida. I talk to Coach Coley at Florida State. LSU sends a lot of mail. I talk to South Carolina a lot and am speaking to them later tonight (Wednesday). Of course, I talk to Ohio State often as well.

What is your plan of attack when it comes to recruiting?

I'd like to commit to a school early. I'll probably make a decision right before spring ball starts/

Do you have a favorite or a list of favorites? Are the Buckeyes at the top of your list?

I can't say that about Ohio State right now [laughs], but I am comfortable up there with Jeff and some friends like Zach [Boren] and Stoney [Jake Stoneburner]. I want to go check out some of my other options and visit some other schools that I mentioned before.

It's no secret you are fond of Ohio State. What was it like watching your brother play for the Buckeyes this year?

It was great watching Jeff this year. He's worked so hard to get where he is now and he's going to keep working harder. Just last year we were sitting on the couch together watching the OSU-Michigan game, so to see him playing in it this year was really cool.

What has Jeff told you about Coach Meyer and the changes with the staff up in Columbus?

Jeff is excited. Really excited. Urban is more high intensity than Jim Tressel was and even more so than Coach Fickell is. Jeff has played for high intensity coaches his whole life, so he's definitely ready for it. He also ran a similar spread offense in high school so that helps. He loves blocking, running, and catching, three things Urban asks from his tight ends, so I think it'll be a perfect fit.

What are your feelings about Ohio State hiring Urban Meyer as it's head coach?

I like it. All of us knew it was coming, so it's not a real shock or anything. Seeing the struggles this year makes you appreciate how big of an impact Jim Tressel had at Ohio State. Bringing in Urban Meyer will quickly bring Ohio State back to powerhouse status.

Has the staff contacted you since Urban has been hired? Are you expecting to speak to them soon?

No, I haven't spoken to them yet. I did speak to Coach [Mark] Pantoni a few nights ago before he left Florida to go to Ohio State. I have a really good relationship with him, so we said once he gets settled up there that we would talk. I'll probably call him later this week.

Urban Meyer has used tight ends very effectively in the past (see: Hernandez, Aaron). Do you feel you can play that type of role in his offense at the next level?

As I mentioned before, we play in a similar spread here at Barron Collier and I play that role right now for my high school. I most definitely think I can fit into that position up in Columbus, and I think Jeff will do it as well. If I get the chance to play for Urban, I could see it for sure and I think I'd fit in perfectly there.

What are your plans for the rest of the year? What visits do you want to take and what part of your game do you want to work on?

As for visits, I recently spoke to Purdue and I speak to Notre Dame often so I'm thinking about getting up there. I'll probably check out Tennessee, as I have a friend there, although I haven't spoken to the coaches there yet. I'll probably go check out LSU. I already visited Florida and Florida State. I'd like to get up and visit somewhere like Clemson maybe. I'll definitely be visiting Ohio State.

As for this off-season, I want to work on putting on some good weight and getting faster and stronger. I'll never be satisfied, even if I'm the best there is, so there's always things to work on.

Comment

gonna be tough to pull him away from Ohio st with the family connection

Comment

Mike Heuerman @Mheuerman9
          Havin it said is one thing, reading it coming from Coach Kelly is on a total nother level #BBG
          Talking about his offer I believe.
          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Mike Heuerman @Mheuerman9 9m

Supportin my boy @tHa_Killa_19 & the rest of the ND squad, take it home !!!

Comment

We lead.

Comment

surprising here...good news.

Comment

He has picked up offers from Miami, SCAR, and Purdue

Comment

What is Urban's interest in him?

Could it be Ohio State vs Notre Dame for Heuerman and Breneman?

Comment

Urban's not interested until he's been committed to another school for at least 6 months.
                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

Good to hear. Comes from one of the best areas for high school football in the country. SW Florida has produced ton of Div 1 and NFL Players.
                        2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Will visit for the Blue and Gold game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                            Will visit for the Blue and Gold game.
                            Nice.
                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Anyone know if we will take 2 TE in 2013? Breneman and Heuerman would be a great pair.

Comment

seems like the way the numbers break down we're in the running for two this cycle.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                  Anyone know if we will take 2 TE in 2013? Breneman and Heuerman would be a great pair.
                                  I think we will. We pretty much have to.
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Tweet:

Plans to make Notre Dame is first spring visit.
                                    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                      Tweet:

Plans to make Notre Dame is first spring visit.
                                      Insert boner joke here.
                                      Anybody have a feel for where he'll be ranked among other TEs?

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                        I think we will. We pretty much have to.
                                        Alford said we will per II

Comment

Mike Heuerman @Mheuerman9
                                          Okay rivals 100, I see you.

Love a player with a chip on his shoulder.

Comment

go get it mike!!!

Comment

Would love to get this young man.
                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Maybe all the other schools will look down on him so we can take him and UNLEASH him across from Adam. :)

Comment

Changed visit date to March 31st instead of the spring game.

Visiting OSU this weekend:

Chris Nee:
                                                  Naples (Fla.) Barron Collier TE Mike Heuerman is on campus at #OhioState this weekend. If offered, a commitment wouldn't surprise.

Comment

Offered by OSU.

Comment

Changed visit date to March 31st instead of the spring game.

Visiting OSU this weekend:

Chris Nee:

Naples (Fla.) Barron Collier TE Mike Heuerman is on campus at #OhioState this weekend. If offered, a commitment wouldn't surprise.
                                                      Offered by OSU.
                                                      Now let's see......

Comment

yea, if he doesnt commit to O$U soon, I like our chances

Comment

Tweet:

Had lunch & watched film with Hinton, spent the day with Mark Pantoni, coach Mick, Herman & Barton. Left the woody #blessed #9
                                                          I have to admit when I first read it I thought it said: "Left with a woody"...good thing he wasn't visiting PSU..I kidd I kidd

Comment

Per Sapp, talked with BK today and booked his flight. Will be visiting from March 31- April 2.

Comment

Is that the spring game?

Comment

Is that the spring game?
                                                                Negative. Spring game is April 21st

Comment

Since he hasn't already committed to Ohio State, I suppose Notre Dame has a good shot here.

Comment

Said if he commits to ND then he will definitely be at the spring game.

Read into that what you like.

Comment

Well then.

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/x2jFPuvMTD0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Didn't see his video posted anywhere. The kid looks like a great run blocker and has the frame to add some size to him as well. Looks comfortable split out wide as well, so motion packages aren't out of the question. I like.

Comment

Really like him for us after some time with Longo. Hope we lock him down on his visit.

Comment

I forgot if it was ISD power hour or II podcast but one of them said they think Heuerman is every bit as good as Breneman.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I forgot if it was ISD power hour or II podcast but one of them said they think Heuerman is every bit as good as Breneman.
                                                                              Lol
                                                                              60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

• #40

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I like the number he wears...that number looks nice on ND TEs

Comment

• #42

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      OSU may lead but IMO a good visit will put us on top.

Comment

• #44

Not sure how to take that... either "VERY positive" or just an "alrighty then."

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Read somewhere that he would make an early Notre Dame visit a priority out of respect for the early interest and offer from us. Can't remember the exact verbiage but got the impression he wanted to reciprocate the interest and also sort of felt like maybe some people were sleeping on him because of the injury. Seems like a really smart, loyal, straight shooting kid who plays with a chip on his shoulder. I really think this would be a great pick up for the Irish.
                                                                                          Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I want this kid at ND.

Heuerman Has ND's Attention

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I want this kid at ND.

Heuerman Has ND's Attention
                                                                                              So do I my man. I just don't see how we don't come in second to OSU. I am hoping for a shocker though.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                                So do I my man. I just don't see how we don't come in second to OSU. I am hoping for a shocker though.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  i've always thought it would be tough to keep him out of cbus...hopefully he has a great visit.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Don't worry.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X