Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13 KY OT Hunter Bivin (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '13 KY OT Hunter Bivin (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Offensive tackle
    Owensboro, Kentucky
    Apollo

Ht: 6'7"
    Wt: 288 lbs
    40: 5.1 secs
    Bench Max: 310
    Squat Max: 505
    Shuttle: 4.8
    GPA: 3.4

RANKINGS:
    24/7: OT #10 | Overall #76
    ESPN: OT #8 | Overall #95
    Rivals: OT #34 Overall #158
    Scout: OT #16

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Florida
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Miami
    Michigan
    Mississippi
    Mississippi St.
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    Purdue
    Tennessee
    Wisconsin

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJGz6DN1CHw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage">< param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nJGz6DN1CHw?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    Last edited by The Polish Irishman; 08-21-2012, 06:03 PM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Massive OL prospect who reportedly got top performer honors at our lineman camp this summer. Said he believes he would have gotten an offer that day had BK been on campus, and that they are awaiting Jr year film. Huge ND fan.

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...or-irish-offer
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Damn, that's a big kid. What the hell do they feed these guys?

Comment

Cool...It seems like we are in good shape with a couple of prospects from Kentucky. Strange that Kentucky is putting out this many prospects next year lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
          Cool...It seems like we are in good shape with a couple of prospects from Kentucky. Strange that Kentucky is putting out this many prospects next year lol.
          Kentucky and Indiana both look to have surprisingly strong years, prospect wise.

Comment

Is it me or is ND high on a lot of lists for great prospects for 2013?

I thought at this point last year that 2012 would be big, but 2013 looks even bigger.

Comment

I feel like the same thing is said every year. The biggest difference I see for 2013, the cream of the crop are not all in Florida, Texas, and Cali. There are a ton of highly touted kids in the mid west. We need to WIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                I feel like the same thing is said every year. The biggest difference I see for 2013, the cream of the crop are not all in Florida, Texas, and Cali. There are a ton of highly touted kids in the mid west. We need to WIN.
                Perhaps, I've only been following since the 2011 class and 2013 looks like the best yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                  Is it me or is ND high on a lot of lists for great prospects for 2013?

I thought at this point last year that 2012 would be big, but 2013 looks even bigger.
                  We expect a great class every year. The best example recently of a disappointing class was 2010.

I expect an 7-9 win season next year, which will hurt our status with some of these kids.

I like big tackles. I also like our chances of landing a strong OL class.

Comment

found these videos of hunter. sketchy quality, but the second gives you a sense of how big this HS junior is and could be!

500 lb squat
                    Hunter Bivin 500 lbs Squat - YouTube

Disc throw

Hunter Bivin Disc State Meet 2009 - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Irishman77 View Post
                      found these videos of hunter. sketchy quality, but the second gives you a sense of how big this HS junior is and could be!

500 lb squat
                      Hunter Bivin 500 lbs Squat - YouTube

Disc throw

Hunter Bivin Disc State Meet 2009 - YouTube
                      Big dude for sure. But pretty weak form with the disc. ;)

Comment

Damn, this guy loves ND as much as we do. This guy would most definitely give his heart and soul for Notre Dame. Sign him up.

Comment

link from his performance at army combine.

staff changes aren't just throwing 2012 for a loop.

Bivin Shines At Army Combine
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Hunter Bivin, OT, Owensboro (Ky.) Apollo – You can’t miss Bivin. He has a massive frame and moves with remarkable ease at that size. He had a strong performance in the US Army Combine and already holds Vanderbilt and Kentucky offers. New ranking: 75

Comment

Tennessee and Miami have offered.

Comment

Ohio State offered.

Comment

I'm sure come ND's junior day, we will send out more offers and hopefully to this guy.

Comment

please don't slow play this guy..

when's our junior day?

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                      please don't slow play this guy..

when's our junior day?
                                      Agreed. I was also wondering when junior day is myself. That's usually good for a commit or two.
                                      60% of the time, it works every time.

Comment

If Tennessee was one of the first to offer, I would think Notre Dame will offer in the short future...considering the OL for the Volunteers is now Irish?

Comment

Offered tonight per Wiltfong.

Makes moves boys, making moves.

Comment

Does he project as a tackle?

Hopefully he really is a "huge ND fan" and Kelly gets this kid to come to South Bend and maul defenders.

Comment

Correction, we are at the top of his list but he has no leader.

Said ND has always been his dream school but he realizes he has to go through the process to make sure it is the right fit for him.

Auburn offered today as well btw.

Comment

IMO we could very well get Elmer, Bosch, Bivin, and Pocic
                                                Last edited by NDPhilly; 01-30-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                  Haven't we offered all of them?

Comment

And if we get all 4 lets hope that none of them pull a Taylor Decker

Comment

We have a long time ahead of us with these young guys. A little early to be guessing which guys we will get.
                                                      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nJGz6DN1CHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                                                        Ranked 76 on 247's initial top 247
                                                        Take a Lap.

Comment

A few of the the highlights were of him playing center. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 6'8" center. LOL

Comment

Being a resident of Owensboro, I've had the chance to see Bivin play numerous times. For this reason, I'm very surprised by this offer.

Let me just say that he plays in a district/region that has been VERY down in recent years.
                                                            He hasn't really performed as well as his older brother did, and he ended up at Murray State.

I can't say that his commitment would excite me, and I'd say more but I'm scared my comment would be deleted/ I would be banned.

Comment

obviously ND, and the other big time programs saw something they liked to offer hunter.

hopefully the process works out and he ends up irish...love to get guys that want to be irish.

Comment

^^His offer list says otherwise.

Comment

Huh??

Notre Dame
                                                                  ohio st
                                                                  miami
                                                                  tennesse
                                                                  kentucky
                                                                  auburn

pretty elite list so far and im sure more are on the way

Comment

That was meant for the guy above you.

Comment

Got to lock down him and Bosch. Cannot lose kids that freaking grew up ND fans.

Comment

Imagine having Bosch, Bivin, and Elmer by the end of Junior day in the fold. You would have 3 top 100 players on the O-line already. You could really go after it with the 1 or 2 spots left for O-line with Pocic and Tulley...

Comment

Just sharing my opinion of him.

It seems like people only point to offer lists when they're convenient for their argument though. For example, people don't bring that up much when we're talking about why guys like Prosise or Okwara will be good players.

Comment

Originally posted by Owensboro ND Fan View Post

It seems like people only point to offer lists when they're convenient for their argument though. For example, people don't bring that up much when we're talking about why guys like Prosise or Okwara will be good players.
                                                                            Those schools like him and so does 247. We'll see how good he is if he camps here and if he plays in any events this summer.

Comment

• #39

I weigh offers more than anything. If a kid is elite, he will have elite offers every time (unless he is a fool with his twitter or in trouble with the law). If elite schools offer you, you are elite. That's simple how it works.

I assume what has happened is that these colleges are recruiting him because of his athleticism and frame, and you might be putting too much stock into what you see right now on the field.

Regardless, and I mean this politely, I am going to trust the opinion so professionals and head coaches on this one. hah
                                                                              Last edited by Buster Bluth; 01-30-2012, 11:55 PM.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I assume what has happened is that these colleges are recruiting him because of his athleticism and frame, and you might be putting too much stock into what you see right now on the field.

Regardless, and I mean this politely, I am going to trust the opinion so professionals and head coaches on this one. hah
                                                                                I understand completely what you're saying and I don't blame you for believing those services over me.

I just came away unimpressed after he was pancaked by a 5'10 200 pound mediocre lineman from my school in a game.

But size like his is rare so I understand why colleges are interested.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I understand completely what you're saying and I don't blame you for believing those services over me.

I just came away unimpressed after he was pancaked by a 5'10 200 pound mediocre lineman from my school in a game.

Yep, gomna go with his offer list over your impartial judgement.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Freebie on ISD.

Irish Fan Gets Irish Offer

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Irishnuke View Post
                                                                                      Yep, gomna go with his offer list over your impartial judgement.
                                                                                      Ya, I'm totally impartial. I'd really hate for a successful division 1 lineman to come from this area.

For the record, I'm not biased against him. I hope he succeeds

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Wiltfong thinks he will continue to take visits through the Summer but will commit to ND before Fall.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I weigh offers more than anything. If a kid is elite, he will have elite offers every time (unless he is a fool with his twitter or in trouble with the law). If elite schools offer you, you are elite. That's simple how it works.

I agree with this line of thinking, with the one caveat being that 'sometimes' offers can be misleading (at least initially) as the recruits themselves are the ones that convey this information to the services.....but typically the recruiting services can confirm the validity relatively quickly.

The video in this thread shows quite the opposite; he is physically dominating guys much bigger than 200lbs. He also was a 2nd Team All-Combine at the Army Bowl; and that is against DL's who are neither 200lbs, nor typically mediocre. If you pointed to a YouTube showing the pancake from your school's 'Rudy', that would be much more compelling a point.

Given you have 4 posts total, and all in the last day and all in this one thread, (Haha, I'm not much better as I have around 20 total posts) I will respectfully remain skeptical about your evaluation on this.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                            Wiltfong thinks he will continue to take visits through the Summer but will commit to ND before Fall.
                                                                                            That would be fantastic. I want 4 OL all in the top 150 lined up before the season and I think Bivin is one of them.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              The video in this thread shows quite the opposite; he is physically dominating guys much bigger than 200lbs. He also was a 2nd Team All-Combine at the Army Bowl; and that is against DL's who are neither 200lbs, nor typically mediocre. If you pointed to a YouTube showing the pancake from your school's 'Rudy', that would be much more compelling a point.

Given you have 4 posts total, and all in the last day and all in this one thread, (Haha, I'm not much better as I have around 20 total posts) I will respectfully remain skeptical about your evaluation on this.
                                                                                              Again, I don't expect anyone to value my opinion over any expert, I'm just giving my input.

And just because there is tape showing his positive plays doesn't mean that the negative one I mentioned didn't happen. But at the same time, I do realize that these plays I've seen don't mean everything.

But in the end I think I'll probably be done with my opinion of him, because I don't want to come across as a prospect basher. He's a good player.

And the 4 post thing doesn't matter, in my opinion. I've read this board for about 2 years, but just now started posting.
                                                                                              Last edited by TerryTate; 02-06-2012, 11:31 PM. Reason: FIFY

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Michigan offered

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Michigan offered
                                                                                                  Now I want this kid more. Lets do this...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    LSU offered

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X