Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'13 FL RB Ryan Green (FSU Verbal)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '13 FL RB Ryan Green (FSU Verbal)

    Running Back
    St Petersburg, FL St Petersburg Catholic

    MEASUREABLES
    Ht: 5-11
    Wt: 190
    40: 4.40
    GPA:
    Test:

    STATS
    '11: Rushing 1,069 Yards, 14 TDs; Receiving 11 Catches, 143 Yards, 1 TD, 4 KRTD
    '10: Rushing 1,200 Yards, 16 TDs
    '09: 900 Yards

    RANKINGS
    Rivals: , #7 RB, National #50, Rating 6.0
    Scout: , #18 RB
    ESPN: :, #4 RB, National #36, Grade 87
    247: , #8 RB, National #77, Rating 05

    OFFERS
    FSU (camp '12, Jr. Day, camp'11)
    Florida
    Miami (Jr. Day)
    Notre Dame (Jr. Day)
    USC
    Alabama
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Illinois
    Kentucky
    LSU
    Mississippi
    Mississippi St
    Nebraska
    Ohio St
    Purdue
    PSU
    South Carolina
    Southern Cal
    Tennessee
    UCF
    USF (Jr. Day)
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech

    ND RECRUITER: Tony Alford

    DECISION SCHEDULE: 6/15/12 FSU Verbal

    <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNjtS-SUevY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WNjtS-SUevY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
    Last edited by BGIF; 06-16-2012, 12:32 AM. Reason: Rankings, Decision

  • #2
    ISD Freebie

    Notre Dame Offers 2013 RB

    Christian McCollum ISD
    8/11/11

    A 1200 yd/16 TD RB some are looking at him as a CB. ND sees him as an RB.

    He doesn't know much about ND at this point. He's camped at FSU and will go there to see the OU game this fall.


    Considering Green’s 4.31 40-time, his favorite animal shouldn’t come as a surprise.

    “Cheetah.”


    AND, yes we all know about 40 times. But as someone has said in the past, even if it was clocked on his coach's sun dial, this kid can fly.

    Comment


    • #3
      http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blo...e-offer/10254/
      August 10, 2011 | John C. Cotey
      St. Petersburg Catholic running back Ryan Green, a 4.4 back poised for a big 2011, has picked up an oral offer from Notre Dame, his father, Vader, said Wednesday afternoon.

      Notre Dame has been interested for a while, said Vader Green, a former standout running back at St. Petersburg. When Vader called to check in with the coaches in South Bend, Ind., he said he was told they were going to offer his son.

      Green, who had two 70-plus-yard touchdown runs and a 95-yard interception return in the spring game and is coming off a 1,200-yard season, also has offers from Florida State and Kentucky.

      Comment


      • #4
        Florida high school sports | 10 questions: Can St. Petersburg Catholic’s Ryan Green rush for 2,000 yards?

        by St PetersburgTimes Staff
        8/2/11

        Can St. Petersburg Catholic’s Ryan Green (5-foot-10, 190 pounds) rush for 2,000 yards?

        Last season, Green had a great sophomore season (more than 1,200 yards rushing) that went largely unnoticed because St. Petersburg Catholic went 1-9. Now the spotlight will be squarely on Green as Pinellas County’s top returning back. Because of his ability to break long gains, he also has the chance to become just the third back in county history to rush for more than 2,000 yards in a season, joining former Largo standouts Dexter McCluster (2005) and Brynn Harvey (2007).

        What we’re saying
        Bob Putnam: Green has great vision, can break tackles and is fast enough to score from anywhere on the field. But there are other intangibles that will help Green just as much in what could be a historic run toward the 2,000-yard plateau. Chief among them is the schedule.

        ...

        Green also will get plenty of opportunities to get the ball considering St. Petersburg Catholic’s starting quarterback and top receiver from last year both transferred to Lakewood.

        So 2,000 yards is well within reach.

        Bryan Burns: No way, though not because Green doesn’t have the ability. The odds just aren’t in his favor.
        Before the 2010 season, St. Petersburg’s Rashad Lewis was being touted as a possible 2,000-yard rushing candidate, and there were a lot of reasons to believe he could do it.

        Lewis was running behind a veteran line. He would get plenty of carries in the Green Devils’ run-heavy offense. St. Petersburg, fielding one of its best teams, was eyeing a possible deep postseason run. The not-too-difficult regular-season schedule featured only three teams that would make the playoffs and was missing Countryside and Largo.

        All those factors were in Lewis’ favor, and he had a player-of-the-year-worthy season and still made it to only 1,666 yards (I say “only” in the context of this argument; 1,666 rushing yards in a season is certainly nothing to gloss over).

        Lewis ranked second in the bay area and ninth in the state for rushing yardage in 2010, underscoring just how rare it is to reach 2,000.

        Green is the county’s best hope in 2011, but the rising junior doesn’t go into the season with the same advantages Lewis had. Green’s O-line isn’t as strong, the offense he plays in is more run-pass balanced and his team faces an uphill battle to even reach the postseason, much less win a couple playoff games and give him some extra chances to crack 2,000.

        ...

        So, no, Green is unlikely this season to join McCluster and Harvey as the county’s only 2,000-yard rushers.

        But ask me again in 2012.

        What they’re saying
        SPC first-year coach Steve Dudley: “Ryan certainly has the talent to hit that mark. We have some good skill players and we’re going to strive for balance. We obviously don’t want to put all our eggs in one basket. But that said, Ryan can certainly bust a lot of big runs. The sky is the limit for him.”

        Comment


        • #5
          Will be driving up with his father for the AF game this weekend, per ISD. Great news to get this stud interested enough this early to come on his own dime.
          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
            Will be driving up with his father for the AF game this weekend, per ISD. Great news to get this stud interested enough this early to come on his own dime.
            And to drive all the way from Florida too. This is good stuff.

            Comment


            • #7
              glad he and his father are coming up and i really hope nd puts on a good show this weekend.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by nd1 View Post
                glad he and his father are coming up and i really hope nd puts on a good show this weekend.
                This is a great game for Green to attend. AF's run defense is worse than Purdue's. I could easily see Cierre and Jonas rushing for 300+.

                Comment


                • #9
                  His dad's name is VADER. Awesome.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                    This is a great game for Green to attend. AF's run defense is worse than Purdue's. I could easily see Cierre and Jonas rushing for 300+.
                    they ran the really well this past weekend. I wish jonas could have got to 100. If they kept running the ball like this these rb recruits will take notice and give us a better shot at the big time recruits.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      [QUOTE=nd1;558297]they ran the really well this past weekend. I wish jonas could have got to 100. If they kept running the ball like this these rb recruits will take notice and give us a better shot at the big time recruits.[/QUOTE]


                      Make no mistake, William Mahone is a Big Time recruit. You must mean additional Big Time recruits.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        [QUOTE=Me2SouthBend;558306]
                        Originally posted by nd1 View Post
                        they ran the really well this past weekend. I wish jonas could have got to 100. If they kept running the ball like this these rb recruits will take notice and give us a better shot at the big time recruits.[/QUOTE]


                        Make no mistake, William Mahone is a Big Time recruit. You must mean additional Big Time recruits.
                        I mean any big time rb recruit that has interest in nd. It gives us a better shot with them if they see us running the ball really well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          There's now a video in the OP. Green is #6, plays RB and CB.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            speed speed speed speed speed speed speeeed!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                              speed speed speed speed speed speed speeeed!!!
                              SPEEEEEEED SPEEEEEEED SPEEEEEEEEED

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                The kid looks good, hopefully we get him

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  great speed and good moves as a rb. With the lack of detph at cb he could play early there.
                                  looked like he closed on the ball really well and the speed to cover.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Definitely want him at running back.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      2013 Keith Marshall?

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                        2013 Keith Marshall?
                                        No. The 2013 Keith Marshall is Jalin Marshall

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                          No. The 2013 Keith Marshall is Jalin Marshall
                                          I'm eagerly awaiting news of Marshall Marshall, the projected #1 RB in the class of 2014.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                            I'm eagerly awaiting news of Marshall Marshall, the projected #1 RB in the class of 2014.
                                            lol

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                                              speed speed speed speed speed speed speeeed!!!
                                              Ya know, you guys can quote me if you want, but you just can't coach that ^
                                              Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Made the 15 hour drive to SB on his own dime... said it was the best visit he has made so far and that we are "very high" up on his list.

                                                This guy is a stud and would be an amazing addition. Will be making a return trip to ND for the Irish camp this summer.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                  Made the 15 hour drive to SB on his own dime... said it was the best visit he has made so far and that we are "very high" up on his list.

                                                  This guy is a stud and would be an amazing addition. Will be making a return trip to ND for the Irish camp this summer.
                                                  I had read that he was making the trip. Glad he had a good time. He is a stud rb for sure.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Mike Alstott is actually a coach at his high school. That certainly can't hurt.

                                                    http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blo...ng-staff/9582/
                                                    Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 10-09-2011, 10:36 AM.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      ISDUpdate Irish Sports Daily
                                                      2013 Florida RB Ryan Green calls his unofficial to Notre Dame this weekend his best visit yet. (Premium) bit.ly/qOy2bk

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        awesome. Florida speed sounds good to me.
                                                        "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          this kid is not only fast but is strong if you watch his video he also plays corner and can really hit... breaks tackles and is only a junior he apparently loved his visit as well. I see us only taking one back next year and it could seriously be him and i would not be suprised
                                                          God Country Notre Dame
                                                          http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            He's probably 5'8" but with strength. Reminds me of Ray Rice with a little more speed.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                              He's probably 5'8" but with strength. Reminds me of Ray Rice with a little more speed.
                                                              Our very own LaMichael James, perhaps.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Alford will be visiting him during the bye week per BGI.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                  Our very own LaMichael James, perhaps.
                                                                  I could definetly see it.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                    Alford will be visiting him during the bye week per BGI.
                                                                    Alford cannot and will not be denied.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Is this guy supposed to be the top running back for 2013 or like top 5 or something?

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                        Mike Alstott is actually a coach at his high school. That certainly can't hurt.

                                                                        http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blo...ng-staff/9582/
                                                                        Hurt in terms of what? His development as a back or our recruiting effort? Because I'm not sure how Alstott helps us. He played at Purdue.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                                          Hurt in terms of what? His development as a back or our recruiting effort? Because I'm not sure how Alstott helps us. He played at Purdue.
                                                                          Because Mike Alstott is the man. He's getting coached by an absolute stud. That can't hurt his development.

                                                                          I also highly doubt, but can't say for certain, that Alstott wouldn't discourage a kid from coming to Notre Dame. You have to be pretty damn classless to do something like that.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            "I hear that Notre Dame run defense is pretty bad. Imagine the numbers you could put up in practice!"

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                              Because Mike Alstott is the man. He's getting coached by an absolute stud. That can't hurt his development.

                                                                              I also highly doubt, but can't say for certain, that Alstott wouldn't discourage a kid from coming to Notre Dame. You have to be pretty damn classless to do something like that.
                                                                              Yeah, I'm not saying that Alstott being one of his coaches is bad in any way. I just wasn't sure what GITF meant and was looking for clarification.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Jump on board! Be #2 for 2013! Let's be like Texas and have our recruiting done before most teams even have a commitment!

                                                                                Looks like 2012 class will be full by Christmas with a couple of openings for the signing day hat tricksters (who I always suspect we lose because that is mostly a cash business and we don't play dat).

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                                                                  Jump on board! Be #2 for 2013! Let's be like Texas and have our recruiting done before most teams even have a commitment!

                                                                                  Looks like 2012 class will be full by Christmas with a couple of openings for the signing day hat tricksters (who I always suspect we lose because that is mostly a cash business and we don't play dat).
                                                                                  We will be full a week after the USC game.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                    We will be full a week after the USC game.
                                                                                    With guys like Agholor waiting until February, how can this be true?

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      They will take Agholor no matter what if he wants to come... He's clearly no 1 on BK's board.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                        We will be full a week after the USC game.
                                                                                        Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                                        With guys like Agholor waiting until February, how can this be true?
                                                                                        Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                                                                                        They will take Agholor no matter what if he wants to come... He's clearly no 1 on BK's board.
                                                                                        The 2012 class is capped at 22. If Agholor, Thompson, and K. Marshall are truly "make room no matter what" recruits, and the staff feels like we've got a good shot at landing them, then (assuming they're not among the verbals) we won't be taking more than 3-4 verbals after USC.

                                                                                        If we actually do fill up to 22, then it probably means (1) the staff isn't optimistic about our chances with those big fish; or (2) they're not as high on them as we are.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                          The 2012 class is capped at 22. If Agholor, Thompson, and K. Marshall are truly "make room no matter what" recruits, and the staff feels like we've got a good shot at landing them, then (assuming they're not among the verbals) we won't be taking more than 3-4 verbals after USC.

                                                                                          If we actually do fill up to 22, then it probably means (1) the staff isn't optimistic about our chances with those big fish; or (2) they're not as high on them as we are.
                                                                                          Or they're willing to sacrifice some guys who are eligible for 5th years.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by DillonHall View Post
                                                                                            Or they're willing to sacrifice some guys who are eligible for 5th years.
                                                                                            The 22 cap presumes that Cave, Cwynar, KLM, and Slaughter are the only 5Y locks. All of those guys are productive and likely NFL-bound starters. I seriously doubt Kelly would deny any of them a 5Y for a 2012 recruit.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                              The 22 cap presumes that Cave, Cwynar, KLM, and Slaughter are the only 5Y locks. All of those guys are productive and likely NFL-bound starters. I seriously doubt Kelly would deny any of them a 5Y for a 2012 recruit.
                                                                                              Oh, wow. We're really pushing the scholarship limit.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                                The 22 cap presumes that Cave, Cwynar, KLM, and Slaughter are the only 5Y locks. All of those guys are productive and likely NFL-bound starters. I seriously doubt Kelly would deny any of them a 5Y for a 2012 recruit.
                                                                                                So who's your six that fill up the class, Whiskey?

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                                                                                  So who's your six that fill up the class, Whiskey?
                                                                                                  Wish list: K. Marshall, Thompson, Agholor, Peat, Murphy, and Odenigbo.

                                                                                                  More realistic: Removed. After last season's recruiting finale, what I had here doesn't feel right.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 10-10-2011, 02:22 PM.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Do we have any shot at Dorial B-Green or is he out of the picture?

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X