No announcement yet.

'12 AR ATH Zac Brooks (Clemson Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 AR ATH Zac Brooks (Clemson Verbal)

Athlete
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    Jonesboro Senior

Ht:6'2"
    Wt:180 lbs
    40:4.4 secs
    Bench Max:285
    Squat Max:410
    Shuttle:4.13
    Vertical:35 inches
    GPA:3.35
    ACT:17

Rivals: 5.8
    247: 126 Overall
    Scout: #36 WR

Offers:
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Notre Dame

Memphis
    Mississippi
    North Carolina
    Pittsburgh
    Purdue
    Stanford
    Last edited by TerryTate; 05-31-2011, 04:31 PM.

Good to see another talented receiver with us on their big list. I wonder how many more wide receivers we will get before it's all said and done. I'm guessing two more max.

Comment

Thanks Terry.

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="shareUrl=http&#37;3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Zac-Brooks-NIKE-camp-highlights-495617&vid=20536374&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Zac-Brooks-NIKE-camp-highlights-495617&vid=20536374&"></embed></object></div>
      Last edited by BeauBenken; 05-31-2011, 05:43 PM. Reason: Vid
      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Good lookin' prospect!

Wow. Leeehhhhgoooooo!

Comment

Im not sure he is being recruited to ND as a WR

Comment

He is.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
              He is.
              I was hoping so.
              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

On another thread someone posted that he only likes warm weather and wants to be close to home. After reading the article about him on ISD, it sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders and realizes what ND can do for him post football and that's why the Irish are high on his list. Hopefully the staff can reel him in.

Comment

Quite a difference in his top 4 from ND to the other three schools...seems like maybe mom and dad are making him take a look at ND for the academia side of things.
                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Mom and Dad aren't doing anything. Zac is running the show. He sounds like a very mature, well spoken young man, with clear goals in mind. And better yet his coach has some real wisdom, guidance, and Zac's best interest in mind.

ND Makes the Final 4 for Brooks

Comment

More dreads!! Yes!

Comment

Makes you want to breakout some Bob Marley, don't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                          Makes you want to breakout some Bob Marley, don't it?
                          Yep.

YouTube - &#x202a;Bob Marley - Get Up Stand Up (Live)&#x202c;&rlm;

Comment

Visiting at the end of the month.

Comment

We be jamin'

Comment

I can't remember a ND player from AR. The players from AR just seem to stay in the South. We have 9 commits from 8 different states. I am looking forward to the final tally of states, on Feb. 1.

Comment

Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post
                                  I can't remember a ND player from AR. The players from AR just seem to stay in the South. We have 9 commits from 8 different states. I am looking forward to the final tally of states, on Feb. 1.
                                  Bartley Webb my man

Comment

Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post

Not as recent as Bartely Webb nor as talented as Zac Brooks but we had a kid that played QB for Fayettevile HS in Arkansas in the early 80's. He was denied admission to ND* when he graduated HS. He went to Holy Cross for a couple of years ala Rudy and transferred into ND in '85. He planned to walkon with Faust's encouragement but Faust resigned before he could. The new coach, Lou Holtz, was thrilled to have this young man play for him but changed his position from QB to Special Teams/SE. Didn't have a spectacular college career but his football career blossomed after college. He'll be the opposing coach when ND opens the 2011 season.

Louis Leo "Skip" Holtz

... and he came to South Bend two years ahead of his father.

*(The start of Lou's battles with the Admissions Dept.)

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                      Mom and Dad aren't doing anything. Zac is running the show. He sounds like a very mature, well spoken young man, with clear goals in mind. And better yet his coach has some real wisdom, guidance, and Zac's best interest in mind.

ND Makes the Final 4 for Brooks
                                      Phil Kornblut, Palmetto News, (So Car/Clem homer) view

Brooks sets a decision date

Brooks sets a decision date
                                      By Phil Kornblut 6/1/11

Highly regarded WR Zac Brooks (6-1 180) of Jonesboro, AR said Thursday night he will announce his college choice on his brother's birthday of September 23rd. And he will choose from Clemson, Auburn, Notre Dame and Arkansas. Brooks plays receiver, running back and defensive back. Clemson likes him as a receiver. And he likes Clemson. "I just feel like I can trust them," Brooks said. "I just like Clemson. The coaches are great coaches. Coach (Chad) Morris is a beautiful guy, I love him." Brooks said there's no leader among his final four. "They are all riding the same horse," he said. "I asked myself, can I see myself playing for this school. That's how I evaluated them." Brooks, who has family in South Carolina, plans to visit Clemson June 12th or 14th. He will also visit Notre Dame this summer.

Comment

Good to see that we are the only non SEC team he is considering. This could also be a bad thing.
                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Clemson = ACC
                                          "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

Anyone know whether he is supposed to play slot or on the outside?

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                              Anyone know whether he is supposed to play slot or on the outside?
                                              Judging by measureables I would say on the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
                                                Judging by measureables I would say on the outside.
                                                Outside. Very physical receiver who grew up playing LB. Considers himself a RB but everyone is talking to him about WR.

Likes what ND has to offer. Called and ND education global, not just relegated to Arkansas or Florida. Also like the PT potential.

Comment

If the guy considers himself a runningback, I wouldn't mind seeing him play slot :P

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                    Outside. Very physical receiver who grew up playing LB. Considers himself a RB but everyone is talking to him about WR.

Likes what ND has to offer. Called and ND education global, not just relegated to Arkansas or Florida. Also like the PT potential.
                                                    Actually, I believe he is projected to be a slot WR at ND. His coach tells ISD sees slot in his future, and both ISD and Blue and Gold identify Zac as a slot prospect (ISD has him rated our #3 slot prospect, above Howard, Jones and Treggs). I think his speed and shiftiness at his size would make him an ideal slot prospect in our offense.
                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

The only service that is a hater on him is ESPN. Take that for what it's worth as ESPN seems to dislike most of our remaining targets:

Brooks #62
                                                      Darboh #63
                                                      Treggs #78

They're also way up high on some guys that no other services like... so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                        Actually, I believe he is projected to be a slot WR at ND. His coach tells ISD sees slot in his future, and both ISD and Blue and Gold identify Zac as a slot prospect (ISD has him rated our #3 slot prospect, above Howard, Jones and Treggs). I think his speed and shiftiness at his size would make him an ideal slot prospect in our offense.
                                                        Above Howard? Really cool...

I'm tempted to buy a subscription just to see these positional big boards.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                          Above Howard? Really cool...

I'm tempted to buy a subscription just to see these positional big boards.
                                                          The player evaluations and Big Boards from Coach D are the 2 of the biggest reasons I am a paid subscriber.

P.S. You would love where Coach D has Harrell.
                                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Slot guy for sure. I think that's one of the biggest reasons he is intrigued with ND, outside of the education. Another athlete that could play multiple spots.

Comment

SO if we get Brooks before Treggs decides do you think we still take treggs if he wants to come.

Comment

Yes, we need a RB/Slot guy and another slot receiver. Both would fit in here.

Comment

Just got a tweet on ISD about 3 hours ago saying:

"Arizona ATH off the board"

Can't access anything on it.

Who could it be?????? Brooks was my first guess.
                                                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post

Taylor, not Brooks.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post

Brooks is from Arkansas

My guess would be Kendyl Taylor because he committed to Udub 2 days ago and had a ND offer.

Comment

Taylor, not Brooks.
                                                                        Thanks Iron....can always count on you!!
                                                                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

**** committed to Clemson.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                            da*n!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                              Wow. He was my 2nd WR want for ND. Big loss.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                WHISKEY. TANGO. FOXTROT.

The bag man strikes again.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Wow. He was my 2nd WR want for ND. Big loss.
                                                                                  Yeah no **** he was my #1 slot guy.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    According to ISD, he's the coaching staff's #1 slot guy too. A "must get".

Don't despair. This coaching staff successfully pulled harder targets last year.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Ughh I am pissed. The bagman prolly gave him the Cj Spiller pitch.

Clemson sucks and they will get exposed.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I'm confused, did Taylor commit to Clemson or Brooks?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                                          I'm confused, did Taylor commit to Clemson or Brooks?
                                                                                          Taylor to UW, Brooks to Clemson.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Chad Kelly might have had something to do with it. Stud QBs attract stud WRs.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Clemson... your twitpics of cash apparently aren't enough... please slip up and be exposed for your cheating already.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I was really hoping for this kid.

Clemson is assembling quite a class.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                  Clemson... your twitpics of cash apparently aren't enough... please slip up and be exposed for your cheating already.
                                                                                                  This.

And WTF? Our favorite targets are dropping like flies.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I liked this kid, but I always felt he wasn't quite crazy about ND. We've pushed hard for him thus far though so I wouldn't say it's over yet.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X