Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 FL DB Brian Poole (Florida Signed LOI)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 FL DB Brian Poole (Florida Signed LOI)

'12 FL DB Brian Poole
    Bradenton, FL
    Southeast HS

Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 185lbs

Rankings
    ESPN 150
    Scout (#2 DB)
    Rivals (#75 Overall)

Verbal
    Florida

Offers
    Alabama
    Auburn
    Clemson
    Florida
    Florida St.
    Georgia
    Louisville
    Miami
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    South Carolina
    South Florida
    Texas Tech
    USC
    Western Kentucky
    Last edited by beryirish; 06-20-2011, 10:04 AM.
    I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

YouTube - ‪Brian Poole Sophomore Highlights.mp4‬‏

YouTube - ‪Brian Poole #24 Junior Highlights‬‏

Premium Article on ISD

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting
    Last edited by beryirish; 05-25-2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

My goodness...Sign this kid up now! I haven't seen DB film this good since well Tracy Howard. This could would be great in a zone scheme, with some technique work needed.
      Last edited by Sherm Sticky; 05-25-2011, 05:11 PM. Reason: Put Tracy Porter when I meant Howard

Comment

Scout has him as the #2 CB. Kid is a baller.

Sounds like he is a FL lean from my Google search? Can you give us pion non-insider folks some insight?
        Originally posted by koonja
        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Good offer list & great highlight video. Kid's a player for sure!

Not an ISD member, article say anything good? Interest level?

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post

Sounds like he is a FL lean from my Google search? Can you give us pion non-insider folks some insight?
            I swear! If Florida gets him and Tracy Howard I'm going to have a fit!
            Last edited by Sherm Sticky; 05-25-2011, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post

My pleasure. From ISD:

Still open - hasn't narrowed anything down yet.
              Has a list of school requirements but he isn't telling anyone so schools don't cater to them.
              Wants to play immediately.
              Tony Alford has been by twice this Spring.
              Quoted as having a tight bond relationship (way to go Tony!)
              Went to the ND-Stanford game last September.
              Liked the tradition.
              Quoted saying when he cuts his list, ND will definitely be on there.
              Will make a trip up in the summer or for an official in the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                My pleasure. From ISD:

Has a list of school requirements but he isn't telling anyone so schools don't cater to them.
                Went to the ND-Stanford game last September.
                Liked the tradition.
                That's encouraging! TG for Tony Alford...him and Diaco will be the "Closers"

Comment

me likey....

thnx bery
                  Originally posted by koonja
                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

It's nice having a plethora of elite DBs interested in ND! I feel we wll definitely get at least one more elite DB to sign on the dotted line.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                      My pleasure. From ISD:

Went to the ND-Stanford game last September.Liked the tradition.
                      Why are we just hearing about this kid? Btw could he have attended a worse game for us?

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                        Why are we just hearing about this kid? Btw could he have attended a worse game for us?
                        I was looking all over for his thread but nothing came up. Surprised too.

Same here. I was like "yikes" when I read that. But he said he knew it was a rough day for ND but liked how they turned it on in the end of season and said it was nice that they "dominated the whole game against Miami".

Good having a FL boy root against Miami when ND played them in the bowl.

Comment

If we can land one or two of Wright, this kid or Smith to go along with Shepard, Darby and Barretti...... wow. One of the best DB classes I can remember.

Comment

Damn .. elite DB's with Longo training!! I can't wait for 2013-2014 honestly. The new db class developing with a very solid, developed DL. We could def be a top 10 defense in all categories in that time frame.
                            When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

With Farley now going to be play offense for ND it slims NDs numbers in the secondary which is another enticing reason for DBs to come to ND to compete for early playing time. Wouldn't surprise me to land 2 top notch DBs with the recent news now.

Comment

Originally posted by jcold9 View Post
                                If we can land one or two of Wright, this kid or Smith to go along with Shepard, Darby and Barretti...... wow. One of the best DB classes I can remember.
                                Lol, can't forget about Badger coming back as well.

Comment

STRONG Florida lean.

Comment

Didnt make his top 5.

Florida
                                    FSU
                                    LSU
                                    Bama
                                    Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                      Didnt make his top 5.

Florida
                                      FSU
                                      LSU
                                      Bama
                                      Georgia
                                      Thankfully we'll be just fine without him!
                                      We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                        Didnt make his top 5.

Florida
                                        FSU
                                        LSU
                                        Bama
                                        Georgia
                                        Boooooooooo...Tony Alford step up your game.

Comment

Poole is a hell of a player but with the last CB spot I wanted it to be one of these 3, Tracy Howard, Yuri Wright or Geno Smith before him anyways as I see those 3 as well as Tee and Darby as the elite 5 CB's of the 2012 class.

Comment

ESPN Insider

Corey Long: Florida notebook - ESPN

Invited and accepted invitation to play in Under Armour game.
                                            Grew up watching football in the Southeast so likes the SEC and in-state schools but he's not ready to narrow list down yet.

Comment

Committed to Florida.

Comment

Dang

Comment

Premium article on 247 about him still wanting to take an OV

Comment

Shouldn't it say (UF Verbal)?

(FL Verbal) looks weird.

Anyone else agree? Do you normally use FL for the Gators in this situation?

Comment

You are right Rocket89
                                                      Hi!

Comment

Says he will take all five OV this fall but is "still committed" to Florida. He doesn't expect that to change but he wants to use the visits he is given by the NCAA to see good football games. Remember, this guy already visited ND last year for the Stanford game. ND is not much of a player here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                          Says he will take all five OV this fall but is "still committed" to Florida. He doesn't expect that to change but he wants to use the visits he is given by the NCAA to see good football games. Remember, this guy already visited ND last year for the Stanford game. ND is not much of a player here anymore.
                                                          Agreed. Just being a fan of the game. Move along now. Move along.

Comment

i wouldn't move along if he decides to come to the USC game...a good showing and boys will be lining up
                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

“@Jake_Brown: Rivals100 CB and #Florida commit Brian Poole still looking at taking visits. Doesn't know where. SEC, in-state, #NotreDame recruiting hard.”

Comment

Staff not letting up! I love it. Looking for one more elite cornerback.

Comment

I'd take him or Howard please.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                    I'd take him or Howard please.
                                                                    Howard? Who is that? Is he even on our board?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                      Howard? Who is that? Is he even on our board?
                                                                      I don't know, but I think we should offer him

Comment

"Has anyone looked at Cincy's recruiting classes the last couple of years. They're pathetic. Last year's recruiting class was ranked in the 60's behind teams like Duke.

This year, despite all their success, they have a class ranked 51st and are behind teams like Indiana, Baylor, and Washington State.

Kelly has them playing well, but is anyone else a little unsure of his ability to be the coach of a great team. I know Cincy isn't a great program, and I know that ND has far more prestige, but still, the numbers seem really low for an unbeaten, BCS school in Ohio. Their classes seem to be improving, but it seems like it is taking a little while. I noticed TCU has pretty low rankings well, but it's a little more understandable because they are a mid major.

I'm glad that UT hired Kiffin and not Kelly. Kelly may be good, but I'm not sold on his ability to recruit a team with talent on par with Alabama and Florida."
                                                                        I thought this was funny. Wonder how they feel now? (I didn't know of a good thread to post this, so here it is).

Brian Kelly Recruiting - VolNation

Comment

howard is the best corner in the country not named tee shepherd or ronald darby.
                                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

To be fair, I originally hated the hire of Kelly because I thought he couldn't recruit. I thought this was reaffirmed when we lost out on Leuders and then offered some "who????" guys after he took over... I have been gladly proven wrong.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I was skeptical until I put this together...

Record (Grand Valley State, improved every year Brian Kelly was coach)
                                                                              1999: 5-5
                                                                              2000: 7-4
                                                                              2001: 13-0
                                                                              2002: 14-1 (D2 National Champs)
                                                                              2003: 14-0 (D2 National Champs)
                                                                              Record (Central Michigan, improved every year BK was coach)
                                                                              2004: 4-7
                                                                              2005: 6-5
                                                                              2006: 9-4 (Conference Champs)
                                                                              Record (Cincinnati’s record improved every year BK was coach)
                                                                              2006: 8-5
                                                                              2007: 10-3
                                                                              2008: 11-3
                                                                              2009: 12-0
                                                                              Class rankings while BK was coach (Cincinnati)
                                                                              2005: 70th (Zero 4/5 stars)
                                                                              2006: 70th (One 4-star)
                                                                              2007: 80th (Zero 4/5 stars)
                                                                              2008: 51st (Zero 4/5 stars)

I'm excited to see what he can do with a top-10 class each year.

The writing's on the wall, and we're going to be in good shape (I know I've posted this same post before, so don't bother reminding me of that)

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                howard is the best corner in the country not named tee shepherd or ronald darby.
                                                                                You take that back!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  ISD saying we might be getting an OV from him.

Premium content if anyone has access.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by kuehnja View Post
                                                                                    "Has anyone looked at Cincy's recruiting classes the last couple of years. They're pathetic. Last year's recruiting class was ranked in the 60's behind teams like Duke.

This year, despite all their success, they have a class ranked 51st and are behind teams like Indiana, Baylor, and Washington State.

Kelly has them playing well, but is anyone else a little unsure of his ability to be the coach of a great team. I know Cincy isn't a great program, and I know that ND has far more prestige, but still, the numbers seem really low for an unbeaten, BCS school in Ohio. Their classes seem to be improving, but it seems like it is taking a little while. I noticed TCU has pretty low rankings well, but it's a little more understandable because they are a mid major.

I'm glad that UT hired Kiffin and not Kelly. Kelly may be good, but I'm not sold on his ability to recruit a team with talent on par with Alabama and Florida."
                                                                                    I thought this was funny. Wonder how they feel now? (I didn't know of a good thread to post this, so here it is).

Brian Kelly Recruiting - VolNation

Pretty good read ha.. They all, except for maybe one or two, agree that BK is going to win here.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Says he is still committed to Florida but wants to take all his visits. When asked if he will visit Nd he said "maybe." They never stopped recruiting him even after he committed.
                                                                                      USC

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I think the Kelly doubters were confusing the two types of successful recruiters: (1) those who can get studs to go to their school no matter what, and (2) those who are capable of selling something real with passion and effectiveness.

It seems to me that a coach's lack of success at drawing kids to, say, Ball State of SDSU, has nothing to do with his ability to draw them to, say, Michigan. However, once a coach has something to sell, like Texas, USC, Notre Dame, Alabama, FSU, etc., an unsuccessful salesman with good sales tools can "miraculously" start drawing kids in. This does not mean that an old crank like Paul Johnson would be as successful as Stoops at Oklahoma, but it does mean that Stoops would not be pulling 4 stars in at Navy.

As it is becoming clear, the other category of successful recruiters is compromised of a whole lot of cheaters. For the most part, kids who can go to Ohio State or Michigan are not going to go Cincinnatti unless there is something in it for them. Kids who can go to Florida or Alabama are not going to go to Mississippi State, etc.
                                                                                        Last edited by Domina Nostra; 08-17-2011, 09:09 AM.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Sherm is going to be happy.
                                                                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                            Sherm is going to be happy.
                                                                                            I thought he had the man crush on Howard? Regardless, this has to be some kind of record.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I take it Poole is visiting for the USC game now?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                What is going on?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  He is visiting for USC. Also he isn't visiting anywhere else other than Florida.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                                    I thought he had the man crush on Howard? Regardless, this has to be some kind of record.
                                                                                                    I do have a man crush on Howard, but Poole is also a good option. Doesn't seem like Howard is going to visit so I'm moving onto Poole and the kid committed to Oklahoma State.\

Poole is a great hitter though.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X