Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 OH DE Se'Von Pittman (Ohio State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 OH DE Se'Von Pittman (Ohio State Verbal)

Defensive End
    Canton McKinely High School- Canton, Ohio

Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 245

Rankings:
    Rivals: 4 star #61 overall
    Scout: 4 star #10 DE

Offers:
    Alabama
    Florida
    Michigan
    Michigan St.
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Tennessee
    West Virginia

Didn't see a thread on him yet surprisingly (sorry if I missed it)

Had a good visit for the spring game. From a good football school in Ohio with a lot of tradition.

Video:

2012 Sevon Pittman - Canton McKinley - Jr yr - PROMO
    Last edited by rtrn2glory; 05-12-2011, 10:52 AM.
    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

tremendous use of the apostrophe!

Comment

My mom works at McKinley and says that Sa'Von is an amazing kid. He was a good attitude and is really smart. She also says that he has that killer instinct that you like seeing in a defensive player. Unfortunately, she also said that Sa'Von was very impressed with Alabama and loved what Nick Saban had to say. He will probably end up Crimson.
      Once a fan, always a fan. Married a Buckeye fan. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,115,0" id="i_e0c5495e44664057a87a6fad11b8bfe6" width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://applications.fliqz.com/9620d48355f3418a861bcdc9ac35f9e2.swf"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="at=6204ed961dc64f2cb34419c5328fa3fa"/><embed name="i_56dcea16af5446e695a16751f086febb" src="http://applications.fliqz.com/9620d48355f3418a861bcdc9ac35f9e2.swf" flashvars="at=6204ed961dc64f2cb34419c5328fa3fa" width="640" height="360" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" menu="false" bgcolor="#000000" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></object>

Comment

Looks like a beast from the 4 clips there.

Comment

Will be at OSU's spring game this weekend.
            This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Ohio is absolutely loaded this year and Ohio State can't take them all.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInColumbus View Post
                Ohio is absolutely loaded this year and Ohio State can't take them all.
                Very true. There seems to be quite a few prospects that look to be early ND v OSU battles, and just by looking at the numbers game we should get several of the mutually targeted prospects. The only question is which
                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

I will be at the OSU spring game with my cousin (a 2011 OSU signee) trying to get in the ear of some guys the buckeyes and ND are going after.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetness34 View Post
                    I will be at the OSU spring game with my cousin (a 2011 OSU signee) trying to get in the ear of some guys the buckeyes and ND are going after.
                    I will be there as well...weather isn't going to be much better than ND's spring game.

Comment

he claims he is no closer to a decision after his visit this past weekend.

Comment

he claims he is no closer to a decision after his visit this past weekend.
                        He looked interested in what OSU had to say but unlike some of the other recruits there, he didn't have all the OSU gear on. He is one big kid though. It's going to be hard for OSU to sign all the top DL talent in Ohio this year. ND has to jump on it!

Comment

He looked interested in what OSU had to say but unlike some of the other recruits there, he didn't have all the OSU gear on. He is one big kid though. It's going to be hard for OSU to sign all the top DL talent in Ohio this year. ND has to jump on it!
                          i saw the davis twins down there as well...what is their/ohio st's interest level???

Comment

I don't know about their interest level but I don't see them getting an offer from OSU or ND for that fact. They are very short which is crazy because their dad is at least 6'0. They are both put together but just short. I tried to talk Bri'onte Dunn into rethinking about ND, didn't work. I think he is better than Warren Ball.

Comment

I don't know about their interest level but I don't see them getting an offer from OSU or ND for that fact. They are very short which is crazy because their dad is at least 6'0. They are both put together but just short. I tried to talk Bri'onte Dunn into rethinking about ND, didn't work. I think he is better than Warren Ball.
                              he's definitely bigger...got that Beanie Wells look to him. Who was all there Saturday that you remember and what would you consider their level of interest?

Comment

he's definitely bigger...got that Beanie Wells look to him. Who was all there Saturday that you remember and what would you consider their level of interest?
                                There were a lot of kids there. Kyle Dodson from Cleveland Heights looked very interested. He had on an OSU hat and was signing autographs after the scrimmage. He's not offered by OSU yet so who knows. There weren't any kids that I knew ND and OSU were going head to head for except Pittman. I saw Tommy Schutt's name tag in the recruit hospitality section and he hadn't picked it up, so I don't know if he made it in for the game.

Comment

thanks for the updates, nice to have a guy on the inside.

Comment

Article from ESPN

Se'Von Pittman is following Steve Miller's example. - ESPN

Comment

Top 3 of OSU, Michigan and Michigan St. Sounds like an OSU lean.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                        Top 3 of OSU, Michigan and Michigan St. Sounds like an OSU lean.
                                        Rounding out his Top 5 - SECs Auburn and Alabama
                                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Scout article now says his top 5 is Auburn, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and ND. Still looks like OSU and Michigan battle

Comment

There were a lot of kids there. Kyle Dodson from Cleveland Heights looked very interested. He had on an OSU hat and was signing autographs after the scrimmage. He's not offered by OSU yet so who knows. There weren't any kids that I knew ND and OSU were going head to head for except Pittman. I saw Tommy Schutt's name tag in the recruit hospitality section and he hadn't picked it up, so I don't know if he made it in for the game.
                                            This post was from 4/25. Seems a bit ironic now doesn't it. If he's signing autographs, wearing a OSU hat, he'll fit right in.

Comment

Originally posted by NYIrish14 View Post
                                              Scout article now says his top 5 is Auburn, Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State and ND. Still looks like OSU and Michigan battle
                                              And us? Interesting. We must have made some late push.
                                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

So he kicked out Alabama and put ND in there. Interesting to see how this unfolds.

Comment

yes...i thought alabama was in the lead for a while so not to see them in there at all is a big surprise.

Comment

College Football Rumors - Rumor Central - NCAA - ESPN

Talked to Coach Fickell. Says he has a lot of Coach Tressels ways and that's something he can relate to. He wasn't even considering OSU for the most part due to the NCAA investigation and impending sanctions but after that conversation he put OSU back in the mix.

Comment

He was ready to commit to UM, but thier coaches told him to hold on while they get their numbers straightened out, they are rapidly approaching a full house over there.

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
                                                        He was ready to commit to UM, but thier coaches told him to hold on while they get their numbers straightened out, they are rapidly approaching a full house over there.
                                                        That is a BS rumor. Some guy hypothesized it on a message board (based on no facts... as he admitted... pure conjecture) and people ran with it like they heard it from Brady Hoke's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                          That is a BS rumor. Some guy hypothesized it on a message board (based on no facts... as he admitted... pure conjecture) and people ran with it like they heard it from Brady Hoke's mouth.
                                                          This was what I've read, as well.

Comment

Right, it's pretty clear that the skunkbears are pressing recruits to commit, not telling them to wait. Look what happened with that Armani guy.

Comment

Committed to Michigan State.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                Committed to Michigan State.

more schools will benefit from OSU trouble.

Comment

that's disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                                    that's disappointing
                                                                    ND wasn't a major player in this one.

Comment

another guy that will show the urban effect imo.

visiting Ohio st this weekend.

Comment

Committed to OSU

Comment

Figured. If only he could get Kalis now.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                            Figured. If only he could get Kalis now.
                                                                            I think its just a matter of time.....

Comment

• #39
                                                                              wow. he's good.
                                                                              "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                                                I think its just a matter of time.....
                                                                                Nope. Kalis is as solid to scUM as they ever get.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by ant80 View Post
                                                                                  Nope. Kalis is as solid to scUM as they ever get.
                                                                                  Not what I've been hearing.....a few guys who I work with, say he's waivering, and they are very plugged into recruiting. We'll have to wait and see what happens.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I have been hearing at least a month ago that he is very solid to the skunkbears. My brother is a football coach for St. Eds.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                                                      Not what I've been hearing.....a few guys who I work with, say he's waivering, and they are very plugged into recruiting. We'll have to wait and see what happens.
                                                                                      I have been hearing at least a month ago that he is very solid to the skunkbears. My brother is a football coach for St. Eds.
                                                                                      Recruiting threads are funny.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        [QUOTE=Sweetness34;609570]I have been hearing at least a month ago that he is very solid to the skunkbears. My brother is a football coach for St. Eds.[/QUOTE]

Gee he's gotta tough job...lol

not surprised that pittman flipped, thought, he liked Ohio St. all along.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          as mentoined in the Transfer thread, Pittman is looking to transfer out of OSU.
                                                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                                            as mentoined in the Transfer thread, Pittman is looking to transfer out of OSU.
                                                                                            I'd imagine it would be to MSU which would be bad for us if that comes to fruition.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                              I'd imagine it would be to MSU which would be bad for us if that comes to fruition.
                                                                                              Someone mentioned Louisville in the other thread.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I am pretty sure I read it was Louisville last night.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                                                  Someone mentioned Louisville in the other thread.
                                                                                                  In that case.... happy trails! haha

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Notre Dame could actually see Louisville in the near future.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X