Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 IN S John Turner (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 IN S John Turner (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Safety
    Indianapolis IN Cathedral

Ht: 6-2
    Wt: 200
    40: 4.5
    Shuttle: 4.18
    GPA:
    Test:
    Vertical: 33

STATS
    '10:

RANKINGS
    Rivals: , NR S, Rating 5.5
    Scout: , #48 S
    ESPN: , #62 S, Grade 76
    247: , NR S, Rating 87

OFFERS
    Notre Dame
    Akron
    Ball St
    Bowling Green
    Indiana
    Miami OH
    Minnesota
    Temple
    Toledo
    Western Michigan

ND RECRUITER: Mike Elston

DECISION SCHEDULE: 6/26/11 Notre Dame Verbal

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6RE6Mf6zI4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e6RE6Mf6zI4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
    Last edited by BGIF; 02-01-2012, 01:47 AM. Reason: ESPN dropped 12 slots at S. Scout moved up 18 slots

Was a visitor Saturday.

All offers from MAC schools so far.

Rivals lists him an inch taller at 6-2 and 25 pounds heavier at 200 than Scout.

His 4.18 shuttle is lower than Tee Shepard's reported 4.42.
    Last edited by BGIF; 04-17-2011, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Interesting. He's got great height.

Comment

Said that if ND offers that he'll commit on the spot. He said that's where he wants to go.

Comment

He'll also be visiting for a one day camp on June 23 for the coaches to assess him and possibly offer a scholarship

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
            Was a visitor Saturday.

All offers from MAC schools so far.

Rivals lists him an inch taller at 6-2 and 25 pounds heavier at 200 than Scout.

His 4.18 shuttle is lower than Tee Shepard's reported 4.42.
            If that's his legit shuttle time, then offer. You can't teach that kind of speed. I trust Kelly and co. will cover the rest.

Comment

How about the way he pursues and hits? Too bad he is the victim of the worst game films I have ever seen.

Comment

I could see him bulking up and playing LB.

Comment

I've seen him play and I can't believe he has 4 offers.

Comment

Originally posted by Title2012 View Post
                    I've seen him play and I can't believe he has 4 offers.
                    Can't believe he has 4 offers, or can't believe he has ONLY 4 offers?

Comment

Was this video shot from a blimp?

Comment

^top of Lucas Oil, he goes to my HS, great guy who knows when to step it up (had a great game sealing INT in the semi state game) however, i believe the irish should really be looking at Jacob Bailey if they want a Cathedral player, bailey is a very talented OT who is being looked at by MSU, among others
                        "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by IrishJayhawk View Post
                          Can't believe he has 4 offers, or can't believe he has ONLY 4 offers?
                          He has 4 offers. He's not good in coverage at all. I'm surprised he's a D1 prospect. Good tackler I guess but no way I believed that #4 for Cathedral could be a D1 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Title2012 View Post
                            He has 4 offers. He's not good in coverage at all. I'm surprised he's a D1 prospect. Good tackler I guess but no way I believed that #4 for Cathedral could be a D1 player.
                            Wow, that's a strong statement.

Comment

Recieved an ND offer after his camp showing today.

NDatRivals Irish Illustrated
                              #NotreDame has offered Indianapolis Cathedral safety John Turner following his camp workout today.
                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                Recieved an ND offer after his camp showing today.

NDatRivals Irish Illustrated
                                wait, what? the guy has a MAC offer list + Minnesota and we offered? Hoping its non-actionalbe.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                  wait, what? the guy has a MAC offer list + Minnesota and we offered? Hoping its non-actionalbe.
                                  Why would we offer him a "non-actionable offer" after a camp performance?
                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

ESPN: , 43rd S
                                    Rivals:
                                    247:
                                    Scout: , 66th S

Offers:
                                    Akron
                                    Ball State
                                    Bowling Green
                                    Indiana
                                    Miami (OH)
                                    Temple
                                    Toledo
                                    W. Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by InKellyITrust View Post
                                      Said that if ND offers that he'll commit on the spot. He said that's where he wants to go.
                                      So unless something has changed, we will likely have another verbal before the weekend. Can't tell how I feel about this one. I trust the staff, but that is not a good offer list.

Comment

It's pry a contingent offer....we like you, here's an offer, but it's actionable once we figure out what our higher prospects have decided.
                                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                          It's pry a contingent offer....we like you, here's an offer, but it's actionable once we figure out what our higher prospects have decided.
                                          Doubtful.

Check out Blue and Gold for his new decision timeline.

Comment

Please don't let this turn into Heggie part II. Surprised to see so many people on here (and elsewhere) give him negative reviews and then he gets offered after camp.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                              Please don't let this turn into Heggie part II. Surprised to see so many people on here (and elsewhere) give him negative reviews and then he gets offered after camp.
                                              No, it won't. Heggie's biggest offer before ND was FAMU, which rescinded his offer before we offered.
                                              sigpic

Comment

Wasn't Heggie a last minute deal though?
                                                I am concerned because of the number of higher prospects still on the board.

Cathedral's competition is not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                  Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                                                  So unless something has changed, we will likely have another verbal before the weekend. Can't tell how I feel about this one. I trust the staff, but that is not a good offer list.
                                                  Why? They didn't talk to Ball St and ask if they should offer. They didn't look at some grainy highlight tape and offer. THEY SAW HIM IN PERSON. F*ck what the other coaches don't see. If you see a guy in person, and he fits everything you want on the field, and then you talk to him and you watch him work, and he fits everything you want off the field...why not offer him?

Urban Meyer is known for lazy recruiting. He would see that ND or Alabama offered a kid, and would offer him site unseen. He would see a guy's stars and offer him. That philosophy bit him in the arse at the end b/c he got guys that didn't either fit his system or didn't fit his philosophy (if he ever had one LOL). You don't offer a guy because other people do, or b/c his stars say he's good (how many times do we bag on the star system???); you offer a guy because he fits what you want as a player and as a student and as a human being.

What if we had waited on Jarret Grace? He didn't have an offer from OSU, his in-state school, and people were kinda pissed when we offered. Guess what happened after he committed? Nick Saban saw his film and offered, and so did Jim Tressell. But they offered late. And this staff turned Harrison Smith into a straight beast, and Zeke Motta into a player that could contribute. They are very good in the secondary.

Screw that man; if the staff saw him and liked him, then I'm good with the offer.
                                                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

^You made me see the light

Comment

^You made me see the light
                                                      Hope he can do that for others. Voice of reason. If you trust BK and the staff, then trust him in the process - from recruitment to development to product.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post

Screw that man; if the staff saw him and liked him, then I'm good with the offer.
                                                        ^Amen to that, brother!

Gotta love that size as well!
                                                        "Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure." -Knute Rockne

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                          Why? They didn't talk to Ball St and ask if they should offer. They didn't look at some grainy highlight tape and offer. THEY SAW HIM IN PERSON. F*ck what the other coaches don't see. If you see a guy in person, and he fits everything you want on the field, and then you talk to him and you watch him work, and he fits everything you want off the field...why not offer him?

Urban Meyer is known for lazy recruiting. He would see that ND or Alabama offered a kid, and would offer him site unseen. He would see a guy's stars and offer him. That philosophy bit him in the arse at the end b/c he got guys that didn't either fit his system or didn't fit his philosophy (if he ever had one LOL). You don't offer a guy because other people do, or b/c his stars say he's good (how many times do we bag on the star system???); you offer a guy because he fits what you want as a player and as a student and as a human being.

What if we had waited on Jarret Grace? He didn't have an offer from OSU, his in-state school, and people were kinda pissed when we offered. Guess what happened after he committed? Nick Saban saw his film and offered, and so did Jim Tressell. But they offered late. And this staff turned Harrison Smith into a straight beast, and Zeke Motta into a player that could contribute. They are very good in the secondary.

Just to clarify, I'm not mad about it at all. I said I trusted the staff, but I do think you look at that offer list and it gives you some pause. That certainly doesn't mean the kid can't play, and I never said that and didn't mean to imply it. As for your point on Grace, I basically made the same point in James Brooks's thread, so it is a little ironic that it is being made to me just a few hours later.

I'm certainly not upset about this offer (and anticipated verbal). I'll be happy to have the kid aboard. All I was trying to say is I don't know what to make of it since there is no video, I know nothing about him and his offer list includes none of the usual suspects.

Comment

Quick Note - per ISD:

He put up great numbers today in the 40 and shuttle and did really well in the 1 on 1s, which "blew away" the coaches and put them in a position where they "had to offer him" (words from John). If John verbals in the near future, I will welcome him enthusiastically.

Comment

When I see we offered kids like this, I think, "alright our coaches got to him before the other big programs know about him".....Our staff knows what they are doing.
                                                              My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Recruiting is a crapshoot. Maybe this kid grew or improved his physical abilities quite a bit since last season. The coaching staff may also recognize a raw athlete who hasn't had the best coaching.

The coaches didn't offer when seeing his film, so obviously, that did not impress them enough to extend an offer. However, in camp, he showed enough to earn an offer. None of us were there to evaluate his performance, so I'm going to trust the judgment of the coaching staff.

In regards to Heggie, I saw him on campus last weekend and he certainly looks the part of a major D1 player. The kid is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                  Quick Note - per ISD:

He put up great numbers today in the 40 and shuttle and did really well in the 1 on 1s, which "blew away" the coaches and put them in a position where they "had to offer him" (words from John). If John verbals in the near future, I will welcome him enthusiastically.
                                                                  Who was at the camp that he would have been competing against in 1 on 1s?

Comment

Just looking at some intangibles, we could be looking at a front seven averaging 6'4.5", and a secondary averaging about 6'1". I'm super pumped! Come to ND John Turner! Show the nation that stars and rankings don't matter! GO IRISH! :D

Comment

Just got offered. He has ND written all over him.

Comment

Wow this is interesting to say the least. I really don't get why we have to offer him now. All the same I will trust Kelly and co.

Comment

this guy goes to my HS in Indy and i would love to see him at ND

Comment

Hidden treasure in our backyard? I like it
                                                                            "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Ran a 4.5 40 and 4.18 shuttle. Played "powerful". Has a new leader and it ain't Ball St.
                                                                              2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Glad to see he is getting recognition, hes a hard worker and the one of the best players from Cathedral since Mathias Kiwanuka

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                  Ran a 4.5 40 and 4.18 shuttle. Played "powerful". Has a new leader and it ain't Ball St.
                                                                                  Surprised he did not commit on the spot.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    GreatDayne.... can you give us any more first-person info on him?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      And I as well IM8.

Haters gonna hate.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I trust coach Kelly, I will leave it at that.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Well, this is fun.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Turner Has New Offer, Leader

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting

ISD Premium

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Turner Has New Offer, Leader
                                                                                              OMG, WHO CAN IT BE?

The suspense is killing me.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                im guessing ND?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                                  im guessing ND?
                                                                                                  Nah, we're trailing Ball State and Western Michigan... but there's still time to make up ground.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I'm really surprised that he hasn't held a press conference yet to end his recruitment process at ND. Completely surprised! C'mon Turner GO IRISH!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X