Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 NV OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 NV OT Ronnie Stanley (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Offensive Tackle
    Las Vegas, NV Bishop Gorman

MEASUREABLES
    Ht: 6-6
    Wt: 285
    40:
    GPA: 3.7
    Test:

RANKINGS
    Rivals: , #19 OT, Rating 5.8, National #170
    Scout: , #14 OT,
    ESPN: , #39 OT, Grade 79
    247: , #14 OT, National #121

OFFERS
    Notre Dame (OV 12/09)
    Arkansas (OV 10/7)
    Nebraska (OV 10/28)
    Southern Cal
    Arizona
    Auburn
    FSU
    LSU
    Miami
    Oklahoma
    UCLA
    Vanderbilt
    Washington
    Cal
    Florida
    Fresno St
    Illinois
    Missouri
    Oregon
    Oregon St
    Utah

ND RECRUITER: Ed Warinner, Mike Denbrock

DECISION SCHEDULE: 12/15/12 NOTRE DAME VERBAL
    Last edited by BGIF; 12-15-2011, 11:13 PM. Reason: Officials, Recruiter, Decision

Was offered yesterday. Another big bodied OT offer.
    Last edited by BGIF; 04-15-2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
      Was offered yesterday. An big bodied OT offer.
      Seems to never hurt a thing so long as he can move it.

I like to movie it, move it...

Comment

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/l4P8OXGffCY?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/l4P8OXGffCY?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
          I like to movie it, move it...
          So moved!

Comment

Boy loves him some pancakes...

Me too.

Bless his heart.

Comment

His run blocking is superb. Based on the lack of offensive scheme, I'm gonna say the team he played for seldomly pass blocked. It's hard to evaluate any player based on a highlight reel regardless.

But 70% of all of his run blocks were straight pancakes. Liked his blocking to the second level too.

Good looks.

I'm certain the staff knows what they're doing. And from the looks of it, he's a big stud.

More run scheming on the way?

Comment

Its a highlight film....seriously

70% of all his run blocks? you mean there are alot of pancakes on his highlight film, yay

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                  His run blocking is superb. Based on the lack of offensive scheme, I'm gonna say the team he played for seldomly pass blocked. It's hard to evaluate any player based on a highlight reel regardless.

But 70% of all of his run blocks were straight pancakes. Liked his blocking to the second level too.

Good looks.

I'm certain the staff knows what they're doing. And from the looks of it, he's a big stud.

More run scheming on the way?
                  I could have sworn I made that clear. Do you have a reading deficiency I could try to cater to?

Originally posted by Zibby32 View Post
                  Its a highlight film....seriously

70% of all his run blocks? you mean there are alot of pancakes on his highlight film, yay
                  I could go back and do the math if my number isn't accurate. Is that not good enough?

Lastly, we see a ton of highlight films considering recruits. It seems to me seldom do these highlights have as many pancakes.
                  Last edited by johnnykillz; 04-15-2011, 07:11 PM. Reason: I deducted my previous personal insult.

Comment

Oh snap!

Don't mess with Johnny... Especially when it comes to pancakes!

Da man loves his pancakes.
                    Originally posted by koonja
                    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

BTW:

It appears he's closer to the 81% pancake realm.

Or, if you round up, 82%.

* Disclaimer: I know, it's a ****ing highlight tape. Yay.
                      Last edited by johnnykillz; 04-15-2011, 07:26 PM. Reason: Once again, deducted personal insults.... Yay.

Comment

Aside from pancakes...(french toast is better) what does this kid think of ND??
                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

As long as the maple syrup is REAL. Sign the kid up and we'll have pancaked for everybody!
                          Just believe.

Comment

how we looking on offense lineman recruit

Comment

Originally posted by irishbird View Post
                              how we looking on offense lineman recruit
                              Probably going to take around 4 OL (not counting LS). Have one current commit and have an inside track on some mid-rated guys with an outside shot at a number of top-rated guys.

Comment

Article about him on scout

Scout.com: Stanley Talks ND Interest, Offensive Systems

I think that we'll get two or three of Kyle Murphy, Peat, Garnett, Magnuson, Banner, and Tuerk

Comment

ISD Freebie

Stanley Will Narrow List Soon

Sounds likely ND will be in his Top 13 and will try for a summer visit.

Comment

ISD FREEBIE

ND To Make Stanley's Cut

Also has offers from:

Auburn
                                    Florida St.
                                    Oklahoma
                                    Oregon
                                    UNLV
                                    Utah St.
                                    USC
                                    Washington
                                    Last edited by beryirish; 06-16-2011, 07:12 AM.

Comment

Latest Rankings

247: (#62 on Top 247 #10 OT)
                                      ESPN: (79 Rating #39 OT)
                                      Rivals: (#149 overall #17 OT)
                                      Scout: (#14 OT)

Comment

Will cut his list down to 10-13 schools here soon. Says schools that will for sure make his cut are ND, USC, Florida State, Miami and Arkansas.

Comment

Has also said that if USC offers for both football and basketball, his recruitment is basically over.
                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                            Has also said that if USC offers for both football and basketball, his recruitment is basically over.
                                            USC only has 6 more slots left to fill thanks to the sanctions (!!!!!!). They still look to have lots of holes to fill. Already have 2 OT in Tuerk and Armstead (OT/DT?). You need good numbers on the lines but I wonder if they need to look at other spots before they would accept him. Just surprised people don't run away from schools that are going through the times that USC is going through. I love ND but if they were in the predicament that USC is in, I would prolly look elsewhere in my recruitment.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                              USC only has 6 more slots left to fill thanks to the sanctions (!!!!!!). They still look to have lots of holes to fill. Already have 2 OT in Tuerk and Armstead (OT/DT?). You need good numbers on the lines but I wonder if they need to look at other spots before they would accept him. Just surprised people don't run away from schools that are going through the times that USC is going through. I love ND but if they were in the predicament that USC is in, I would prolly look elsewhere in my recruitment.

Makes you wonder what kind of BS those coaches are feeding these kids.

Comment

Despite sanctions, these kids grew up in a period of time where USC was THE team and was absolutely dominant. I think that's why their still successful recruiting.

Along with a heaping pile of bull...
                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Visiting for the USC Game.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                    Visiting for the USC Game.
                                                    Should we just call it THE Game now? lol
                                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

He will be on ESPN August 26 against Armwood FL - who max preps has rated #2 in the nation. His team Bishop Gorman is rated #10. Gorman's first game is against Chaparrel (AZ) who I believe were AZ state champs last year. Later in the year they play Servite who is preseason #1 in Orange County (CA). So he'll be up against some of the best competition in the country.

I am surprised that we get an OV as his school has been so dedicated to Southern California schools recently (which may be why it's the USC game). I still doubt we get him, but the kid is a stud - basketball and football. And I would love to get him. Add him with Peat and/or Banner and/or Garnett and/or Murphy with what we already have - ohhh!!!!!
                                                      You have to wonder if we are going to have a "Schutt issue" soon on the OL?
                                                      Just cover, baby

Comment

Profile Updated

RANKINGS
                                                        Rivals: , #17 OT, Rating 5.8, National #149
                                                        Scout: , #13 OT,
                                                        ESPN: , #39 OT, Grade 79
                                                        247: , #10 OT, National #62

247 has the Hogs, Huskers, and Trojans leading.
                                                        Last edited by BGIF; 08-06-2011, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Says we are recruiting him the hardest right now. USC and Vandy are also going hard at him. Only one OV set up right now and that is for when ND plays SC.

per 24 7

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                            Should we just call it THE Game now? lol
                                                            Potentially could score 5-6 commits because of that weekend. The USC game has implications that could last well into this decade.

One concern I have about Stanley is his apparent desire to play basketball also. It's hard enough to commit to more than one sport in high school anymore, with the college-level academics in play I would say it's nearly impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by crzychris View Post
                                                              Potentially could score 5-6 commits because of that weekend. The USC game has implications that could last well into this decade.

One concern I have about Stanley is his apparent desire to play basketball also. It's hard enough to commit to more than one sport in high school anymore, with the college-level academics in play I would say it's nearly impossible.

he said if he played basketball in college it would be cool but it wont affect his decision. He is going for play football which helps us out.

Comment

me and a couple buddies will go to a couple of his games this year and sport some ND gear

Comment

ESPN Insider

Ronnie Stanley to visit Arkansas, ND - ESPN

Official to "The Game"....for others vs. USC

Comment

We are in very good shape with Ronnie. Moved up high on his list.

Comment

Comment

Not sure if it's worthwhile but here's a new Scout article, can't read:

Two upcoming visits for Stanley

Comment

Will visit Arkansas on Oct 8 and ND the 22nd

Comment

Originally posted by ErieIrish13 View Post
                                                                            Will visit ND the 22nd
                                                                            Like everyone else, eh?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Big game tonight for Stanley and Shaquille Powell

No. 23 Servite versus No. 11 Bishop Gorman

Game will be on ESPNU at 7PM PST

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Jason Sapp article, I cannot read though

Stanley Looking Forward To Official

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Big23Head View Post

Still only has two OVs set but wants to take all five. Still in great shape.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                    Still only has two OVs set. Still in great shape. Great relationship with coaches
                                                                                    We are in good shape USC team to watch out for.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Big23Head View Post

You should get Hooked on Phonics. I kid, I kid.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                        We are in good shape USC team to watch out for.
                                                                                        This is the tackle I want and think we have the best shot with.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                                          This is the tackle I want and think we have the best shot with.
                                                                                          I really like Stanley, but honestly I would be more than happy with any of the tackles we are still pursuing. We are going after some serious talent on the line.
                                                                                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                            I really like Stanley, but honestly I would be more than happy with any of the tackles we are still pursuing. We are going after some serious talent on the line.
                                                                                            This is true, who dio you think we have the best shot with though?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Stanley > Murphy > Peat > Banner > Garnett > Theus

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                                Stanley > Murphy > Peat > Banner > Garnett > Theus
                                                                                                Ok I would be very satisfied with Stanley and Murphy...you?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Ok I would be very satisfied with Stanley and Murphy...you?
                                                                                                  I would be ecstatic with any two from that list.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I honestly really can't get a read on the OL prospects, but IMO we have the best shot at Stanley and Banner. The recruiting scene as a whole should start to clear up a lot more in the days following the USC game (unless, God forbid, we get crushed).

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X