Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 AZ WR Davonte Neal (Arizona Transfer)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 AZ WR Davonte Neal (Arizona Transfer)

Wide Receiver
    Scottsdale, AZ - Chaparral HS

Ht: 5'10"
    Wt: 167
    40: 4.49
    Shuttle: 4.14
    Vert: 35 in.
    GPA: 3.2

Rankings:
    Rivals: WR #17
    Scout: CB #5
    ESPN: 8th Overall, ATH #1
    24/7: 53rd Overall, ATH #6

Offers:
    Arizona
    Arizona State
    Arkansas
    Auburn
    Boston College
    BYU
    California
    Clemson
    Duke
    Hawaii
    Illinois
    Kansas State
    LSU
    Miami
    New Mexico
    North Carolina
    North Carolina State
    Northwestern
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    Oregon State
    Penn State
    Stanford
    Texas A&M
    UCLA
    USC
    Washington

Recruiter:
    Kerry Cooks

Video:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fkxD9nwmxAo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Ironman8; 02-21-2012, 04:05 PM.

GET THIS KID!!!! ME LIKEY BIG TIME!
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Get the kid, hire the coach! The guy knows how to get the ball in his playmaker's hands.
      Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

Originally posted by tadman95 View Post
        Get the kid, hire the coach! The guy knows how to get the ball in his playmaker's hands.
        Did anyone else giggle at the ball in hands line or am I the only twelve year old on the board? I know that's not the case.
        Once a fan, always a fan. Married a Buckeye fan. Help!

Comment

The play at 4:56 ... what the hell happened there at the end? Did He keep himself up with his damn face?
          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by A Pac View Post
            Did anyone else giggle at the ball in hands line or am I the only twelve year old on the board? I know that's not the case.
            Coach... It's Joe Paterno on the phone... he would like you to come coach for him.
            Originally posted by koonja
            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

There is so much Steve Smith in this kid.

Comment

Perfect for the slot.

Comment

dayyum. that guy is FAST. not once does he lose a footrace to the goal line

Comment

Visit?

Comment

Davonte is expecting one of the Irish coaches out to see him soon, per Blue and Gold.
                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

For people's quick ref (because I just looked it up):

4*, #17 WR on Scout; 4* 94 #10 athlete on 247

Comment

From Stanford's Nike Camp, under "Weekend's Best":

Neal was the best wide receiver during one-on-ones and is hard to cover because of his shiftiness and speed. He also has hands and is a polished route runner. It was an interesting performance for Neal, the wide receiver MVP, because he worked out at cornerback at the Los Angeles Nike Camp and shined at that position as well. Neal has nearly 30 scholarship offers to his credit.
                          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Tidbit on Davonte's recruitment from The Opening day one notes on ESPN (more general recruiting info at the link):

Good luck trying to get a read on Scottsdale (Ariz.) Chaparral four-star athlete Davonte Neal. The 5-10, 175-pound Neal said he's not even thinking about the recruiting process, despite having offers from programs from coast to coast.

"I'm not even close to making a list," said Neal, the nation's No. 28 player. "I don't have a clue who my top five, top 10 or even top 20 would be. I'm not even close. I'm just trying to stay focused on what I'm doing -- school, football and academics. When the time comes to think about college football, I'll think about it, but that time isn't now."

Neal has offers from national programs such as Clemson, Florida State, LSU, Notre Dame, Miami, Penn State, Texas A&M and most of the Pac-12.
                            The Opening notes: Bri'onte Dunn still a Buckeye ... for now - ESPN

Comment

Breaking down the skill player at The Opening - ESPN

ATH Davonte Neal -- Much like Cyrus Jones, Neal is a serious threat on both sides of the football, and given his ideal blend of speed, quickness and ability to stop and start on a dime, he was able to match up with just about any wideout in the tournament at the 7on.

Comment

so does anyone know where we stand with neal. i just watched his film for the first time and all i could say is whoa. this kid is all stud and would be a killer slot wr for ND. just don't know where we stand, never seem to hear anything about him (probbly not a good sign).

Comment

We didn't make his final 8,9,10,11, or whatever it was.

Comment

In the words of the immortal TT "He gone"

Comment

Dammit! I just got my hopes up when I saw this on the front page. He's been gone for awhile. He's one of my favorites at his position in this class. But it's ok. C'mon down Bryce Treggs or Ian Thomas!

Comment

he long gone.

Comment

Oklahoma looks good here. Oklahoma's WR class this year is already pretty filthy. Add Neal and DGB? Yikes.

Comment

Possible official visit next month per II.

Comment

He good

Comment

He's the only slot I would consider taking over Agholor.

This is kind of big news, considering he dropped us from his final ____ a couple months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                  He good
                                                  So he no longer gone?
                                                  ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                    Possible official visit next month per II.
                                                    What really?...cool

Comment

He Good?
                                                      Originally posted by koonja
                                                      I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Imagine Greenberry, Ferguson, Brown, Agholor, and Neal on a 5 WR set with Kiel distributing the football. Damn.

Comment

I am gobsmacked.

Comment

He back

Comment

just read on twitter he will visit dec 9th
                                                              I always tell the truth, even when i lie.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgoirish420 View Post
                                                                just read on twitter he will visit dec 9th
                                                                Do you mind posting the tweet.

Comment

Can you imagine Neal, Brown, Greenberry, Ferguson, Agholor, Daniels, and DGB in a 7 WR set with Koyack at TE and Gunner at QB and Keith Marshall and Cierre Wood in the backfield?!?!?!?! Can you? Can you?!

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                    Can you imagine Neal, Brown, Greenberry, Ferguson, Agholor, Daniels, and DGB in a 7 WR set with Koyack at TE and Gunner at QB and Keith Marshall and Cierre Wood in the backfield?!?!?!?! Can you? Can you?!
                                                                    OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Fast... dynamic... electric.... play maker

These are the words that come to mind.

Comment

And don't forget my main man, the Hegster!!

Comment

Boom shackalacka

&ldquo;@GregBiggins: Arizona ATH Davonte Neal has set his first official visit to #NotreDame Dec 9&rdquo;

Comment

Boom shackalacka

&ldquo;@GregBiggins: Arizona ATH Davonte Neal has set his first official visit to #NotreDame Dec 9&rdquo;
                                                                            Might do some kind of weird dance if we land him.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                              He back

Comment

• #40
                                                                                And McNamara and Mahone and Ian Thomas and GAIII and...

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                                                                  Hilarious!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                                                    And McNamara and Mahone and Ian Thomas and GAIII and...
                                                                                    Than it would be to many men in the huddle.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                      Than it would be to many men in the huddle.
                                                                                      Shrug...you are right I guess we will just have a rotation of skill players...might as well add Gholston & Hendrix and Toma in the rotation. Who needs Oline

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Sherm Sticky
                                                                                        Example please?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I like it

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Unbelievably, I hadn't watched his film until now...

DO WANT

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Updated rankings:

Rivals: #21 WR #150 Overall
                                                                                              Scout: #6 CB
                                                                                              247: #8 ATH #85 Overall
                                                                                              ESPN: #4 ATH #29 Overall

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                that tape is ridiculous...wow!
                                                                                                I always tell the truth, even when i lie.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Wow he is athletic, go get him coach

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    After watching his film, here are 5 takeaways:

1.Fantastic awareness/football IQ
                                                                                                    2.Excellent Hands
                                                                                                    3.Can take it to the house every time with speed and change of speed
                                                                                                    4.Where ever he goes to school he will be a leader.
                                                                                                    5.Very physical for his size and plays like he loves the game of football.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X