Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 CA WR Deontay Greenberry (Houston Signee)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 CA WR Deontay Greenberry (Houston Signee)

Wide Receiver / Cornerback
    Fresno, California
    Washington Union

HT: 6'2
    WT: 180

RANKINGS:
    Rivals: WR #10
    Scout: WR #6
    ESPN: WR #19
    24/7: WR #2, Overall #20

STATS:
    66 Receptions, 1,208 Yards, 8 TDS
    28 Tackles, 1 INT

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Arizona St.
    Cal
    UCLA
    UNLV
    USC
    Washington
    Washington St.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/AWKKge4xI-4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by Ironman8; 01-07-2012, 06:39 PM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Recently dominated and opened eyes at the Badger 7 on 7 camp. ESPN article on him details him, and him being high on ND, specifically because of his friendship with Tee Shepard:

There was a lot of elite talent at the recent Badger Sports 7-on-7 event in Las Vegas but few players generated more buzz than two-way standout Deontay Greenberry (Fresno, Calif./Washington Union).

Greenberry is being recruited predominately at receiver right now. As a junior, he caught 66 balls for 1,208 yards and eight touchdowns and added 28 tackles and one pick from his corner position.

Scholarship offers have come in from Arizona State and Washington, but it's a school from the Midwest that sits at the top of his board.

"I like Notre Dame a lot," Greenberry said. "I'm real tight with Tee Shepard and he's going there and it would be great to play with him in college, we talk about that all the time. I like ASU a lot too along with Florida, Cal, Miami and Washington. I want to do as many summer camps as I can but I'm still trying to figure that out. I know I'll be at the Nike camp at Stanford but I'm not sure what college camps I'll attend yet."
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Junior Highlights

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l_aJFWLHNFs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Interview on Rivals said all he wants is an offer from Notre Dame. Could be a WR/CB/S

Comment

Great size, fits Diaco's DB profile well.

Comment

Very interesting. Seems to have very very good hands, but then again we don't get to see drops in a highlight reel. Also looks taller than 6'2".... maybe because he's skinny. Definitely doesn't appear to have 4.44 speed on tape. Would be nice to see more film of him playing DB to see his lateral quickness. Runs very straight up, doesn't seem to have great agility or make-you-miss ability. Seems to have good potential though as a possession WR because some of those catches were pretty darn good on poorly thrown balls.

Will be interesting to see where he pops onto the recruiting radars because currently he's not really rated anywhere.

Comment

We lead.

Comment

Pretty cool that a player from Cali is interested in mostly PAC 12 schools but he is most interested in ND. People are starting to notice the good things happening at ND.

Comment

I see us being very picky on the last corner type kid we take...with his heavy interest in ND the staff may be thinking that they can be patient with this kid.
                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I like the kid, but there is no mention of his academics. That usually means he has some work to do.

Comment

Is he a friend of Tee's? Tee is from the Fresno area but different high school?

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                        Recently dominated and opened eyes at the Badger 7 on 7 camp. ESPN article on him details him, and him being high on ND, specifically because of his friendship with Tee Shepard:
                        Yes they're buds

Comment

From 24/7's list of 12 best in-person performers so far this year:

Deontay Greenberry, WR, (Fresno, Calif./Washington Union) Vegas Badger Elite 7-on-7: Greenberry was perhaps the most impressive player at the Vegas event. He has great hands and speed and schools immediately started taking notice after this showing. Washington, Washington State and Arizona State have offered with Notre Dame showing interest as well.
                          National Notes: Best of events to date

Comment

Recruiting tapes are usually worthless, when you cannot establish the level of competition . . . The kids he played against looked like the top end of the competition I have seen among this years prospective recruits. He came down with the ball against some pretty impressive defensive coverage, did they play against Tee?

As an aside, if I were the ND staff I would have a concern about this tape. I think it shows a pronounced lack of judgement to use background music of this ilk. I have heard mf, as much as any other Marine, and the "n" word also. But, I also learned respect, decorum, and comportment. I would question who selectet that music and why. It seems pretty contra-indicated with an express goal of landing a schollarship offer from a top major university.

Comment

A lot of tapes sent to college coaches don't use background music...but you're right, a little poor taste.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                Yes they're buds
                                Thanks. I might try reading all the posts next time.

Comment

fwiw rivals has a main article saying there cousins

Comment

When is he visiting?

Comment

Plans to attend the BG Game with his cousin Tee.

Every says he will likely be in the initial top 250

Comment

Can he pleaaaaaaaaaaase get an offer...?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                          Can he pleaaaaaaaaaaase get an offer...?
                                          Needs to be cleared with admissions first, sounds like he will likely get one at the game

Comment

Huge bump from not on anyone's radar to now #35 WR, 4*

Comment

More updates in discussion between Sapp and Lemming

June 11th looks like the date Greenbury will be back with his cousin, Tee.

Comment

FROM RIVALS Q&A

THOUGHT IT WAS PRETTY COOL SINCE WE HAVE A LEGIT SHOT AT THIS KID

" What has been the single, most impressive moment you've witnessed at a camp this spring?

Barry Every: Watching Deontay Greenberry, a relative unknown at the time, make acrobatic, toe-dragging touchdown catches at the Las Vegas Badger 7-on-7. He must have done it four or five times throughout the tournament so it's not just a coincident. "
                                                I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

I hope this kid can pass the academic portion, because he can obviously pass the football part. I hate it when a kid really wants the ND offer and doesn't get it for some reason.

Comment

YouTube - Deontay Greenberry: Washington Union High Class of 2012

new highlight tape.

Comment

Notre Dame extended an offer.

Comment

Excellent. Sounds like this kid is a pretty good player.

Comment

what r we thinking?? WR or S for this guy...i'd like to see him on defense with his buddy Tee

Comment

Sign him up for next to commit. Really interested to see where this kid makes his mark... offense or defense.

Comment

I think thats possible with him being friends with Tee
                                                              God Country Notre Dame
                                                              http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ryno 24 View Post
                                                                I think thats possible with him being friends with Tee
                                                                Is he friends or his cousin?

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                  First time I've had a chance to watch this one. Makes some really fantastic grabs. I see him playing on offense.

Comment

Anybody feel like this is an indicator of where we stand with other WRs? I know we have several that seem to have very legitimate interest in ND that also received offers before Greenberry.

Just curious what some reactions are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                      Anybody feel like this is an indicator of where we stand with other WRs? I know we have several that seem to have very legitimate interest in ND that also received offers before Greenberry.

I don't think we are sitting badly with other WRs. In my humble opinion I think the coaching staff likes this kid and so they offered. I think we take at least 3 receivers in this class maybe 4 if someone like DGB wants to come.

Comment

Originally posted by ndcoltsfan2010 View Post
                                                                        I don't think we are sitting badly with other WRs. In my humble opinion I think the coaching staff likes this kid and so they offered. I think we take at least 3 receivers in this class maybe 4 if someone like DGB wants to come.
                                                                        i agree...we're def gonna take 3 and if DGB wants in then he'll make it 4

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post

Nah, per earlier comments/rumors, Greenberry was supposed to receive an offer in person at the Spring game but he didn't make it. He didn't get an earlier offer because he went from a relative unknown to a highly rated prospect seemingly overnight with his performance at a 7v7 camp.

I can't speculate on what position they're recruiting him as or what this means for where we stand with other prospects... but I think no matter what Greenberry was going to have an offer by the time he left campus in mid-June. The exception to that idea would be if some freakish scenario occurred where we got an onslaught of WR/DB/ATH commits filling up all slots before we had a chance to put an offer in his hand. Clearly, that didn't happen.

I would be shocked if doesn't commit on or before his June visit.

Comment

Oh, and for anyone wondering he is a 4*, #24 WR, #207 overall on 247sports.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                              Nah, per earlier comments/rumors, Greenberry was supposed to receive an offer in person at the Spring game but he didn't make it. He didn't get an earlier offer because he went from a relative unknown to a highly rated prospect seemingly overnight with his performance at a 7v7 camp.

I can't speculate on what position they're recruiting him as or what this means for where we stand with other prospects... but I think no matter what Greenberry was going to have an offer by the time he left campus in mid-June. The exception to that idea would be if some freakish scenario occurred where we got an onslaught of WR/DB/ATH commits filling up all slots before we had a chance to put an offer in his hand. Clearly, that didn't happen.

I would be shocked if doesn't commit on or before his June visit.
                                                                              I definitely agree with this. He will be getting a lot of family pressure to commit. Word is he was actually with Tee when he got the offer, so his family is probably our biggest asset right now. I think he will be our next commit if we don't have a surprise before June 11.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                I definitely agree with this. He will be getting a lot of family pressure to commit. Word is he was actually with Tee when he got the offer, so his family is probably our biggest asset right now. I think he will be our next commit if we don't have a surprise before June 11.
                                                                                +1

I agree 100 percent.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Ferguson, and Greenberry on the outside. Bryce Tregggs in the slot. We are also sitting pretty with Malik Gilmore. Durron Neal, Leonte Carro, and DBG are all bonuses if they want to jump on board too.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                    Ferguson, and Greenberry on the outside. Bryce Tregggs in the slot. We are also sitting pretty with Malik Gilmore. Durron Neal, Leonte Carro, and DBG are all bonuses if they want to jump on board too.
                                                                                    I didn't think Carroo has yet been offered (could be wrong it certainly wouldn't be the 1st time) but he does have high level of interest in ND.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I agree with what has been said so far. Just seeing if anyone had differing opinions.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        To me, Greenberry (much like Ferguson as of now) is vastly underrated by the muckety mucks at the major recruiting services...

I think if/when he commits we'll be elated to have him on board. It's great to have so many top quality players with genuine interest in Notre Dame.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                                                          I didn't think Carroo has yet been offered (could be wrong it certainly wouldn't be the 1st time) but he does have high level of interest in ND.
                                                                                          Correct, no offer for Carroo even though he has said numerous times he wants a ND offer. Very strange considering how many other NJ guys we are targeting... I strongly doubt he gets an offer because I think he would already have one if we planned on it.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                            Correct, no offer for Carroo even though he has said numerous times he wants a ND offer. Very strange considering how many other NJ guys we are targeting... I strongly doubt he gets an offer because I think he would already have one if we planned on it.
                                                                                            Kind of surprises me to be honest that we have not offered this kid yet. There has to be something that the coaching staff sees or doesn't see in him that would make us not extend an offer to him. Maybe Grades are an issue? I don't know.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              He could be a db as well right now he is an athlete... he looks like he has a lot of flexibility
                                                                                              God Country Notre Dame
                                                                                              http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I read that he got an offer today

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by InKellyITrust View Post
                                                                                                  I read that he got an offer today
                                                                                                  I read that too, in this very thread

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                                    I read that too, in this very thread
                                                                                                    ^This. lol
                                                                                                    Any other man stops and talks, but the walking man walks

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X