Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 IN DT Sheldon Day (Notre Dame Man)

Defensive Tackle
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Warren Central

Ht: 6'2
    Wt: 270

RANKINGS:
    Rivals:
    Scout: DT #7
    ESPN: ESPNU 150, #14 DT, #144 overall
    24/7: Top 100 player, #80 overall

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Arkansas
    Cincinnati
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Missouri
    North Carolina
    Penn State
    Purdue
    Stanford
    TCU
    Virginia Tech
    Wake Forest
    Wisconsin

ND RECRUITER:
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 08-03-2011, 08:17 PM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Received an ND offer today per Scout. Apparently grew up a Wolverine fan.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
      Received an ND offer today per Scout. Apparently grew up a Wolverine fan.
      Poor kid. Feel bad for him.

Comment

Nice offer list. He's a little light for nosetackle though

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
          Might be an end in the 3-4 or put on weight and become a NT.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
            Might be an end in the 3-4 or put on weight and become a NT.

I like this part better...the way we recruit big skill guys it'll be easier for us to get an end than a nose imo
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

He can definitely play NT.

Comment

First Warren Central kid we've offered in receint memory.

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                  He has a senior year of HS, and at least 2 more in most schools weight program before getting much PT. 30 lbs in 3 years is no big deal.
                  2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

People should relax a little on these junior year high school weights. All three of my brothers weighed 40 to 50 pounds higher when they graduated from their last college seasons than when they came to their campuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                      People should relax a little on these junior year high school weights. All three of my brothers weighed 40 to 50 pounds higher when they graduated from their last college seasons than when they came to their campuses.
                      TT said this juicy is on campus... I figured OMM would get excited. He loves him some DT/NTs.

Comment

Right on, Johnny. Since Schutt started looking elsewhere I've begin chewing my fingernails. 270 pounds as a junior is plenty good beginnings for a college NT. The weight isn't the issue, it's the power now. Wish my brother could come up from Houston and get him on the Team Houston miracle strength program. We'd have a mountain-mover by NSD. C'mon big fella, sign with Notre Dame.

Comment

ND coaches are at his high school checking in on him per ISD twitter.

Comment

I do not foresee Kelly and crew, recruiting a 6' 2" DE. They will pack the weight on him and make him a NT.

Comment

I can see this kid being 290 or so by the time he gets to campus. Sprinkle a bit of Longo on him and 310-315 NT is what we will have.
                              When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Originally posted by dboe34 View Post
                                I can see this kid being 290 or so by the time he gets to campus. Sprinkle a bit of Longo on him and 310-315 NT is what we will have.
                                This.

Comment

absolutely

Comment

Is it just me or does it seem like everytime you open up a recruiting thread you see Arkansas has offered just about every recruit? SEC over recruiting at it's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                      Is it just me or does it seem like everytime you open up a recruiting thread you see Arkansas has offered just about every recruit? SEC over recruiting at it's finest.
                                      Not that I don't think the SEC are major over-recruiters, but we have over a 100 offers out there don't we?

It's early, I think it's OK to offer a ton of kids as long as you shut it down when you reach your cap at any position.

Comment

When you survey the Top 250's when they come out [and make it easier to flash read them], you can see that everybody is blanketing these lists with offers. Last year Alabama had over 100 offers in the elite listings alone, if my memory serves. Even West Virginia had about 70 elite offers out, and got almost zero of them.

Comment

From Columbus Nike Camp:

If not for Pipkins – and a late arrival – Sheldon Day may have had a strong case for MVP honors as well. Also a defensive interior player, Day is more of a one-gap penetrating defensive tackle that showed phenomenal burst and quickness at the snap of the football. There just wasn’t a defensive tackle that could compare with Day’s combination of quickness and strength at the point of attack. Already a top100 prospect, Day backed up his ranking in a big way.

Comment

I would really love to land this kid. He's from Indy, where Jeff Burris played and I think it would be great to start getting kids from Indy again.

Comment

We should make a deal with Virginia Tech: Bob Diaco and Bud Foster will go as a tandem to Day's and Kirven's houses and recruit one of them for each team. [happily running Michigan and Stanford out of both].
                                              Last edited by Old Man Mike; 05-23-2011, 04:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Premium Article on ISD

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting

"Coach D" ranking his top DT prospects and discusses them and chances with them.

Eddie Goldman
                                                Tommy Schutt
                                                Sheldon Day
                                                Korren Kirven
                                                I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Seems to be taking a lot of shots from analysts lately on his height...think he will struggle against longer interior o lineman.

Comment

Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                    Premium Article on ISD

http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/recr...all-recruiting

"Coach D" ranking his top DT prospects and discusses them and chances with them.

Eddie Goldman
                                                    Tommy Schutt
                                                    Sheldon Day
                                                    Korren Kirven
                                                    Not a premium article.

Comment

Originally posted by DillonHall View Post
                                                      Not a premium article.
                                                      It comes up premium when I try to open it.
                                                      Originally posted by koonja
                                                      I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                        Seems to be taking a lot of shots from analysts lately on his height...think he will struggle against longer interior o lineman.
                                                        It seems like it would be more of an issue in a 4-3, and less so when he lines up as a NT in a 3-4. Hopefully he hears some of it and it steers him towards a team that plays a 3-4... namely Notre Dame.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                          It comes up premium when I try to open it.
                                                          Sign up for an account (completely free), and you'll have access.

Comment

Whoa.... I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

ISD article is interesting in a lot of different ways. Many times I'm as intrigued with what isn't said [if by a coach] than what is. If Diaco has really talked about a list of four NT tackles [and even star-ranked them], it means to me that he's recruiting everybody else of the D-Line bigs as DEs. That would include Sh!ttu, Wynne, Jarron Jones, Armstead [if we're still talking to him], etc.

Also, by rating Goldman a five-star, and the others at four-stars, some psychological "game" must be on. I can't imagine letting such a comparative thing out in public if there was not a lot of thought about it. Is this "special love" to Goldman in order to get him to move??, or is this a bit of a "hurry-up call" to one or more of the others?? Seems like a dice-roll to me. Hope it works. To my untutored eye, all four of these guys look terrific.

Comment

Some premium articles will let you look at the entire story without restrictions when they first come out...some don't. After a couple days then that article becomes accessible to only premium subscribers. Example - I was able to read the article on Poole and now I can't. I call them teasers to want you to subscribe.

Comment

Old Man...dont look to heavily into Diaco's comments...

Keep in mind they are only looking for 1 true NT in this class.

Comment

I realize that...not sure what it has to do with my analysis. ...
                                                                    puzzled, but I suppose it makes no difference. I find it difficult personally to stop thinking however so people have had to put up with that irritating characteristic.

Comment

"Coach D" on ISD isn't Coach Diaco.

It is Bryan Driskell...a writer for ISD. Sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Ahhhhhh....that makes life make sense again. To think a current coach would put out stuff publicly really boggled my mind.

Comment

On campus

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                            On campus

bring this kid home, we need 1 or 2 big bodies up front.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Anyone know where this kid is leaning or if we got a good shot at getting him?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I'd say we're leading

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Everything I found says Michigan, went to Vols, Ohio St etc boards and everyone says Michigan.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Cali_domer View Post
                                                                                    Everything I found says Michigan, went to Vols, Ohio St etc boards and everyone says Michigan.
                                                                                    Triple T > random douche nozzles on the internets.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Is a commitment possible?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Hes with his mom. He was on campus yesterday too i believe. Ask Terry he knows more than me.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Quick side bar...

Why do I always have to watch either the Red Sox or the freaking Yankees on Sunday night baseball?

it be irrrrritating.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                                                            Quick side bar...

Why do I always have to watch either the Red Sox or the freaking Yankees on Sunday night baseball?

it be irrrrritating.
                                                                                            I disagree. Everytime I turn on espn baseball its the friken Cardinals

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              e$pn...
                                                                                              "Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -Yeats

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Four-star defensive tackle Sheldon Day of Warren Central High (Indianapolis) made a visit to Notre Dame on Sunday, and for a particular reason. Also, there are key aspects involved in Day's decision-making, and IrishEyes.com is told where the Irish stand in those categories.

unfortunately thats all I have... =/

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Actually don't know if he is a good fit. Apparently 6'2" is generous and he doesn't have too much of an upside at NG. Was much higher on him before I did some research... I certainly wouldn't mind the commit but I hope we can grab a Kirven, Schutt or Jones.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                    Actually don't know if he is a good fit. Apparently 6'2" is generous and he doesn't have too much of an upside at NG. Was much higher on him before I did some research... I certainly wouldn't mind the commit but I hope we can grab a Kirven, Schutt or Jones.
                                                                                                    Agreed. I am really high on Jones and would love to see a rotation of Nix, Tuitt/Lynch, N Williams/Cwynar and Jones in 2012! Would give us a lot of flexibility to run a true 4-3 and on essential short yardage situations to close the holes! :ogrin:
                                                                                                    "Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure." -Knute Rockne

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X