Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 NY DT Jarron Jones (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 NY DT Jarron Jones (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Strongside Defensive End
    Rochester, New York
    Aquinas Institute

Ht: 6'6
    Wt: 305

RANKINGS:
    Rivals: DT #7
    Scout: DT #2
    ESPN: OT #13
    24/7: DT #2

OFFERS:
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Boston College
    Florida
    Florida State
    Louisville
    Michigan
    North Carolina
    Penn State
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    South Florida
    Syracuse
    Tennessee

ND RECRUITER:
    Last edited by Ironman8; 07-14-2011, 02:47 PM.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Massive prospect offered by ND Sunday per Scout.
    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

His last name is Jones. Plays for a Catholic school in Rochester, NY.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Rogue View Post
        His last name is Jones. Plays for a Catholic school in Rochester, NY.
        Yeah I'm embarrassed. Was watching Knicks v. Heat and put James instead of Jones without thinking.

Comment

Up in my neck of the woods

Comment

What a monster prospect. I'm hoping that Ishaq playing early could help with the recruitment of Jarron.

Comment

Originally posted by InKellyITrust View Post
              What a monster prospect. I'm hoping that Ishaq playing early could help with the recruitment of Jarron.
              I would think that one of the incoming DL's getting early playing time would have more of an impact (if any). Ishaq is from Brooklyn. This kid is from Rochester. They're not exactly neighbors. I doubt their recruiting would be related in any way, unless there is some other connection between the two that I haven't read about.

Comment

Some of these schools are apparently looking at him on the other side of the ball. One brief bit of his highlights shows him with fast footspeed in a drill. There is a claim that he is very athletic. There is a claim that he's actually 6'7". There is also a claim that his GPA is not very high [2.5]. Someone thinks he is transferring to Don Bosco Prep. I have no idea what any of that means of course, but Kelly must. Are we recruiting him as the world's largest nose tackle???

Comment

This kids should be our number one target this upcoming year. Great offer list, I like seeing Bama in there as they run a 3-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Rhode Irish View Post
                    I would think that one of the incoming DL's getting early playing time would have more of an impact (if any). Ishaq is from Brooklyn. This kid is from Rochester. They're not exactly neighbors. I doubt their recruiting would be related in any way, unless there is some other connection between the two that I haven't read about.
                    I figured that it wouldn't hurt that Ishaq is the only player that we have out of NY. It doesn't take a map to know that Rochester and Brooklyn are not next to one another. Personally, I would think that Ishaq would be quite the asset in that recruitment. I would expect that Ishaq will contribute in the fall and maybe Jarron could see some similarities between the two of them because he would enter ND at a position of dire need as well. Perhaps, I'm way off on this one but oh well.

Comment

This kid is from my old highschool. He has been getting alot of press around here lately ( for good reason ) I havent gotten a chance to see him play much yet, but i did some searching around and everyones saying hes legit. Great feet with great size. I look forward to visiting the old school come fall to check out a possible future ND player!!

Comment

Originally posted by InKellyITrust View Post
                        I figured that it wouldn't hurt that Ishaq is the only player that we have out of NY. It doesn't take a map to know that Rochester and Brooklyn are not next to one another. Personally, I would think that Ishaq would be quite the asset in that recruitment. I would expect that Ishaq will contribute in the fall and maybe Jarron could see some similarities between the two of them because he would enter ND at a position of dire need as well. Perhaps, I'm way off on this one but oh well.
                        He wouldn't fit into a 'position of dire need' where he'll see early playing time.

Comment

Tidbit from NBC's Inside the Irish:

BlueandGold.com reports that defensive coordinator Bob Diaco offered Jones, who already has Florida State, Penn State and Michigan among his 16 offers.

“Yes, he offered me today,” Jones told BlueandGold.com. “I’m really interested in Notre Dame. They like me at defensive end.”

At 6-6 or 6-7, and around 290-pounds, Jones has an absolutely massive frame, and he has pretty elite athleticism for a guy his size. Diaco’s a great guy to have recruiting Jones, and he’ll likely end up a national recruit as well.
                          Junior Day helps Irish make impression | Inside the Irish

Comment

Yea I can definitely see him playing DE as opposed to DT. Add some muscle and keep his weight around 290 lbs would be nice for a 3-4 DE.

Comment

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WMgTptzhkPA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

hes gross

Comment

Beast!

Comment

DT #2, 5*

Comment

Committed to Penn State. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                        Committed to Penn State. Wow.
                                        No way that can last.

No way

Comment

Awww

Comment

Hmm... Penn State could be in for a sweet class if they also grab Noah Spence.

Comment

It is being labeled a "Soft Verbal" right now. His recruitment is nowhere near over IMO. Reminds me of Tuitt, size wise and possibly recruitment wise.

Comment

Penn State likes those NY kids don't they?

Where was Diaco this time though?
                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

PSU will win 6 games this year and he will decommit mid year. Write it down.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                    They are hurting for depth and experience on that D line.
                                                    major issues at many positions.
                                                    I can see 6 wins. Anything more they should be excited for.
                                                    We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

This is far from over.

Comment

State Penn usually has about 6 cream puffs scheduled. Why any player would want to go there and play that schedule is beyond me.
                                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Strange how you would commit so early as a soft verbal...you may as well say he is still on the market with penn st in the lead.

i agree far from over, but wouldn't be surprised if he sticks with joe pa
                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                            JoePa is going to revel the name.... DIACO..... bwahahahaha
                                                            Originally posted by koonja
                                                            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

It's a long time with a short season til we get to Feb. 1 anything can and will happen.
                                                              Last edited by DomerInHappyValley; 04-13-2011, 12:04 PM.
                                                              RIP KMC 4/15/13

Comment

I really want to see a fellow alumni to play football at ND... Im gonna have to make a trip to AQ and see if I can talk some sense into him,

Comment

ESPN on Jarron's commitment:

ESPNU 150 Watch List DT Jarron Jones of New York committed to Penn State on Tuesday, but he said that his pledge is a "soft verbal" and that he still plans to take his five official visits. (Oddly, Jones also told Bobby Deren of BlueWhiteIllustrated.com that he "already had my decision made up," which makes us wonder why it's a soft verbal.)

Jones also ranked his top five schools: Penn State is No. 1, followed by Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Rutgers and Notre Dame. No. 6 North Carolina potentially could sneak in to earn an official, especially since Jones is not much more than an hour from Syracuse and could take multiple unofficials there if needed.

Another question mark is what position Jones will ultimately play. ESPN's Craig Haubert said, "(Jones') best upside may be on offense. We are not so sure in the long run whether his skill set, with some work, couldn't be better utilized at offensive tackle, and we wouldn't be surprised if he leaves Happy Valley on the other side of the line scrimmage. What position he plays only time will tell, but his versatility is an asset, and simply this is a good pickup for Penn State.

Comment

If we steal another 5* DL from Penn State I will laugh sooooo hard. I have an odd feeling if we have a dominant season that just might happen too.

Comment

Really would love to get this kid from Penn State. I guess time will tell and we will see how things unfold.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                        If we steal another 5* DL from Penn State I will laugh sooooo hard. I have an odd feeling if we have a dominant season that just might happen too.
                                                                        If that article that Ironman posted holds true, it would would be another 5* DL that we had change positions as well!
                                                                        Originally posted by koonja
                                                                        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                                          If that article that Ironman posted holds true, it would would be another 5* DL that we had change positions as well!
                                                                          Indeed, and in all seriousness it seems like he would be an awesome fit for the NG spot with his size. I hope Louis has a huge year as a RS frosh and Jarron sees what kind of opportunity he would have.

Comment

What's the difference between a soft verbal and a solid verbal, I mean Tee Shepard is going to take official visits but he's not a soft verbal.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Looks like he wants to stay relatively close to home with that top 5

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by NDman3 View Post
                                                                                What's the difference between a soft verbal and a solid verbal, I mean Tee Shepard is going to take official visits but he's not a soft verbal.
                                                                                Tee Shepard is a soft verbal! He's taking official visits. Don't be so naive about recruiting. If a guys says he's committed, yet is taking official visits to other schools, he's not committed.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Something different is happening with PSU recruiting. Last year PSU went far into the cycle with almost no one, to the point where panic was sounding. Today they already have six verbals [more than OSU's five]. Four of these are defense [DT,DT,DE,LB]. They are currently dominating the area from NJ up through New England at this early stage. I do not believe that any of the top 50 powers has a verbal from that area yet but them, and they have three. Bothers me a bit since we used to rule the area.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                                                                    Something different is happening with PSU recruiting. Last year PSU went far into the cycle with almost no one, to the point where panic was sounding. Today they already have six verbals [more than OSU's five]. Four of these are defense [DT,DT,DE,LB]. They are currently dominating the area from NJ up through New England at this early stage. I do not believe that any of the top 50 powers has a verbal from that area yet but them, and they have three. Bothers me a bit since we used to rule the area.
                                                                                    Isn't that they are offering immediate playing time? Seems like that is the big sell for them because they have no depth especially on defense.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Will visit next month

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                        Will visit next month
                                                                                        I like this!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                          Will visit next month
                                                                                          Time to steal another defensive stud out of NY from those pesky Nittany Lions
                                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I like it. Go Irish!
                                                                                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Excellent! It's a long way to signing day and for him to visit us means we are still in it. Hope he has a great visit and reconsiders his commitmentto PSU.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                                Time to steal another defensive stud out of NY from those pesky Nittany Lions
                                                                                                Does this mean he is in PSU's registry? He has a PSU email address? lol

really just kidding.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  PSU is a mess. I'm not necessarily saying that we'll get this guy, but I don't like Penn State's changes of bringing in big time recruits right now. My cousin, who plays DE at PSU, was at my house last night for Easter and there are a lot of problems going on there right now. For instance, Paterno left their Blue-White game before it was over when recruits were at the game. He was saying that Paterno is really losing it.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                                                                    Does this mean he is in PSU's registry? He has a PSU email address? lol really just kidding.
                                                                                                    Props.

lol.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X