Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 WA OT Joshua Garnett (Stanford Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 WA OT Joshua Garnett (Stanford Verbal)

Offensive Tackle
    Puyallup, Washington | Payallup HS

Ht: 6'5"
    Wt: 275 lbs
    Bench Max: 350
    Squat Max: 500
    GPA: 3.87

Offers:
    Cal
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    Stanford
    UCLA
    USC
    Washington
    Washington State

Wants to do pre-med/pre-professional.

Rivals article said he's just as talented as Zach Banner, one of the top OL prospects next year.

High on ND early on

Comment

I like hearing that their is alot of kids high on ND.
      Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

It takes 3 attributes to be a ND athlete: Physique (physical size for the position); ability to excel in the position; and academic achievemnent (either demonstrated or the inate intelligence to achieve success.)

Comment

I love hearing that top recruits have us as favorites.
          Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Might be my favorite OT prospect...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/izUPI7j16wE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

You have to go two and a half minutes into the video to find a play where he doesnt knock a guy on his ***. This video just made him my favorite offensive lineman as well. Dude is very athletic and finishes blocks better than I've seen in awhile. If Brian Kelly says that Braxton Cave finishes blocks, what will he say about this guy? Awesome video and looks like an awesome recruit.

Comment

Very nice video, makes me want him more as a OT than a DE. He did knock quite a few young men on the bottoms didn't he? I kinda think of him on the right side though, with a TE to assist but maybe those were the blitz packages making me want that.

Go Irish

Comment

Originally posted by Praytorian View Post
                  Very nice video, makes me want him more as a OT than a DE. He did knock quite a few young men on the bottoms didn't he? I kinda think of him on the right side though, with a TE to assist but maybe those were the blitz packages making me want that.

Go Irish
                  What? He is being recruited as an offensive tackle.

Comment

ISD Freebie:

Garnett's Great Mindset

Comment

Interview could have hardly said better things [other than "I'm going to Notre Dame for sure"].

Comment

#1 ranked OG on scout

Comment

His dad is Lincoln Kennedy, right? That guy was a beast in the NFL.

Comment

This would be tasteful.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish52 View Post
                              It takes 3 attributes to be a ND athlete: Physique (physical size for the position); ability to excel in the position; and academic achievemnent (either demonstrated or the inate intelligence to achieve success.)
                              Don't you think you should put quotes and citations when you rip a BK quote? lol
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                                His dad is Lincoln Kennedy, right? That guy was a beast in the NFL.
                                No, Zach Banner is the son of Lincoln Kennedy. They are both from the state of Washington however. This kid is awesome.

Comment

Per 24/7:

Puyallup (Wash.) offensive tackle Joshua Garnett said Washington, Notre Dame, Auburn and Oklahoma have been on campus recently. The star lineman is the No. 40 ranked player in the nation, according to 247Sports.
                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                    No, Zach Banner is the son of Lincoln Kennedy. They are both from the state of Washington however. This kid is awesome.
                                    As I mentioned in a previous post, Zach's biological father actually is Lincoln Kennedy, however he has been raised by the Banners since birth. Candidly, Zach gets tired (and a little irritated) with constant comparisons to, and questions/comments about his biological father. No doubt the gene pool accounts for his enourmous size, though.

Comment

Scout.com: Nation's Top Guard "Very" Interested In Irish

Nation's Top Guard "Very" Interested In Irish Premium Story
                                      Joshua Garnett

By Brian Dohn
                                      Recruiting analyst
                                      Date: May 20, 2011

Scout.com's top-rated guard in the 2012 class, Joshua Garnett, spoke to IrishEyes.com about his recruiting, his interest in Notre Dame and a timetable for making a decision. The Puyallup (Wash.) High star said he had a "very large interest" in Notre Dame, and talked about whether he would make an official visit. He also had plenty more to say about the Irish.

To anyone with Premium: Anything else good in the article?
                                      I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

I said in another thread a few days ago that Garnett was my favorite offensive line prospect in this class. He has OG written all over him at the next level. His highlight video is the most impressive I have seen of any OL. He may not be as heralded as Banner or Peat, but this kid is a monster. I have a good feeling about him if he gets on campus but I felt the same way about Kasen Williams a year ago. Washington has done a solid job of keeping local kids at home. This is one guy that I pray ND and this staff can land.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                          I said in another thread a few days ago that Garnett was my favorite offensive line prospect in this class. He has OG written all over him at the next level. His highlight video is the most impressive I have seen of any OL. He may not be as heralded as Banner or Peat, but this kid is a monster. I have a good feeling about him if he gets on campus but I felt the same way about Kasen Williams a year ago. Washington has done a solid job of keeping local kids at home. This is one guy that I pray ND and this staff can land.
                                          Scout has him as the #1 OG and you're right his film looks great.
                                          Last edited by PLACforever; 05-21-2011, 08:35 AM.
                                          I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

Originally posted by PLACforever View Post
                                            Scout.com: Nation's Top Guard "Very" Interested In Irish

Nation's Top Guard "Very" Interested In Irish Premium Story
                                            Joshua Garnett

By Brian Dohn
                                            Recruiting analyst
                                            Date: May 20, 2011

Scout.com's top-rated guard in the 2012 class, Joshua Garnett, spoke to IrishEyes.com about his recruiting, his interest in Notre Dame and a timetable for making a decision. The Puyallup (Wash.) High star said he had a "very large interest" in Notre Dame, and talked about whether he would make an official visit. He also had plenty more to say about the Irish.

To anyone with Premium: Anything else good in the article?
                                            Says that he is very interested in the Irish, and that he plans on setting up an official visit in the fall. Said that academics are a priority, and that he is looking at schools' pre-med/sports medicine programs. ND is recruiting him to play tackle, while other schools want him at tackle, guard or even d-line. Will decide late in the process.

Sounds like his interest in ND is legit.
                                            sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Garnett's Dad was a defensive standout for UW, so there's no doubt that the Huskies will be recruiting him hard to stay close to home.

Getting Garnett or Banner would obviously be a big win for the Irish.

Comment

We're in good shape with Peat (), Banner (), and Garnett () from the West Coast.

Coach Denbrock is kickin' some *** out there

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                  We're in good shape with Peat (), Banner (), and Garnett () from the West Coast.

uhh the thought of getting all three of those guys is making me salivate! But realistically I'm confident we will get only one of those players. I'm thinking Banner.

Side note: for all of those in North West Ohio, have a great sunny day! Because starting tomorrow it's back to the rain!
                                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Terry, is it safe to put Kyle Murphy on your west coast list of studs? He is a high four star/low 5 star guy and from everything I've read, his interest in ND is legit.

Comment

Terry, is it safe to put Kyle Murphy on your west coast list of studs? He is a high four star/low 5 star guy and from everything I've read, his interest in ND is legit.
                                                      With a name like Murphy he should have a good interest in the Irish!

Comment

I posted this on Murphy's thread, but he has a list of schools he's highly interested in and ND was not on the list. The article was written by a USC writer, so TIFWIW, but then again, a recent IrishEyes article on Murphy wasn't overflowing w/ ND love wither.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post

I'll believe the *** kicking when we land a few of these kids.

Comment

Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                                                            I'll believe the *** kicking when we land a few of these kids.
                                                            Denbrock has been kicking ***...he got the Atkinsons bros, one of whom (George) USC (among many others) wanted BADLY, and the other of whom could have gone to Oregon. He got a 4 star DE USC legacy NAMED AFTER USC (Troy Niklas) to say no to USC and Stanford to play for the Irish. He also already pulled the top DB in the west coast in Tee Shepard (verbal commit so far), and is very close to landing his cousin, another CA 4 star.

So yeah, it's safe to say that Denbrock has been putting in work and kicking some major *** in CA...

Comment

Technically Alford got the Atkinson Bros but agree, Denbrock has been putting in work

Comment

Just got a tweet from BGI saying Garnett felt comfortable with the Irish...it's premium so I couldn't read the article....anyone have any info?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish4Life09 View Post
                                                                  Just got a tweet from BGI saying Garnett felt comfortable with the Irish...it's premium so I couldn't read the article....anyone have any info?
                                                                  ^bump

Comment

He did an interview w/ Scout yesterday that was posted today. He's going to have a top 10 out very soon, probably by tomorrow. He said the following teams will definitely make the cut: UW, Stanford, Cal, Michigan, and Notre Dame. Will unofficially visit the west coast schools this summer like USC, UCLA, Oregon (look for them to make the cut as well) and the previously mentioned west coast teams, and then take OVs to ND, Michigan, and some SEC schools.

Gonna be really tough to pull him out of the west coast. He has friends that are big-time athletes that he might want to play with for several more years. Really well-spoken and seemed to be a nice kid (at one point he said the word 'pissed' when describing his attitude towards not making the play-offs last year, then asked the interviewer to "pardon my language" LOL). And he's a MOOSE!!! Super large, and rated by Scout as the top guard prospect in the country. Rooting for him wherever he goes...

Comment

"I've got my top 11 list ready," said Garnett. " Stanford, California, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Auburn, Nebraska, Oregon, USC, UCLA and Washington."

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                        "I've got my top 11 list ready," said Garnett. " Stanford, California, Michigan, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Auburn, Nebraska, Oregon, USC, UCLA and Washington."
                                                                        My guess at a top five.

Mainly because I think when giving a list of 11 it's really - the first ones off the top of your head (the ones you think about the most), cut out the middle men (because at that point you're just thinking of fillers), and then end it with the fallback (the pick that's like "well it might not be that special, it offers this, this, and this).

Again though, I'm a bit crazy.
                                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                          My guess at a top five.

Mainly because I think when giving a list of 11 it's really - the first ones off the top of your head (the ones you think about the most), cut out the middle men (because at that point you're just thinking of fillers), and then end it with the fallback (the pick that's like "well it might not be that special, it offers this, this, and this).

Again though, I'm a bit crazy.
                                                                          Oregon will be a player here, for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                                            Technically Alford got the Atkinson Bros but agree, Denbrock has been putting in work
                                                                            The impression they gave was that Denbrock recruited them. The entire time I was following their recruitment they talked about him- and they talked about him a good bit. I never heard them mention Alford (not to say they did not).

Comment

• #39
                                                                              A lot of people think Garnett and Zach Banner will go to Washington together as a package deal.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                A lot of people think Garnett and Zach Banner will go to Washington together as a package deal.
                                                                                Sounds more of a package deal regardless of where it is. Banner plans on coming to the USC game. I can see Garnett eventually making the trip with him.

Wishful thinking: Banner & Garnett with Peat....humunu humunu
                                                                                I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  <object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;"><object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOCLiD_xFDM?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TOCLiD_xFDM?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xQfN9RACBg4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I don't know why it posted the Keivarae Russel video...sorry. Can a mod fix that? It won't let me take it off.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I don't know why it posted the Keivarae Russel video...sorry. Can a mod fix that? It won't let me take it off.
                                                                                      The strange part is that Keivarae will probably line up behind at least one of those guys during his career. Hopefully its at Notre Dame not UW.
                                                                                      Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                      I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                                                                                        The strange part is that Keivarae will probably line up behind at least one of those guys during his career. Hopefully its at Notre Dame not UW.
                                                                                        Amen to that!

Btw, when did Washington push out multiple high 4 to 5 star prospects in a single class? Three really, really good players in Russell, Banner, and Garnett.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Amen to that!

Btw, when did Washington push out multiple high 4 to 5 star prospects in a single class? Three really, really good players in Russell, Banner, and Garnett.
                                                                                          2010

Five four star players, two top 100. 11th best class in the country accordng to Scout. Oddly enough, they are a staple in the top 25 recruiting classes since 2002 (and probably back farther considering their success in the late 90's. Thats as far back as scout goes).

Scout.com: Football Recruiting

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            2010

Five four star players, two top 100. 11th best class in the country accordng to Scout. Oddly enough, they are a staple in the top 25 recruiting classes since 2002 (and probably back farther considering their success in the late 90's. Thats as far back as scout goes).

Scout.com: Football Recruiting
                                                                                            I just meant the state. Not the university.

When did the state of Washington have so much high end talent?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I just meant the state. Not the university.

When did the state of Washington have so much high end talent?
                                                                                              #embarrassed

In all fairness, three of the five 4*'s in the 2010 class were from Washingtion.
                                                                                              Last edited by woolybug25; 06-29-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                #embarrassed

In all fairness, three of the five 4*'s in the 2010 class were from Washingtion.
                                                                                                I noticed that. Can you say Washington ===> ND pipeline?

We need to tap the talent there before UW dominates it.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  We need to tap the talent there before UW dominates it.
                                                                                                  Too late. UW has done a damn good job of keeping the best recruits in-state for almost a decade now. That's a big reason why they manage to consistently pull in ranked recruiting classes.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                                    Too late. UW has done a damn good job of keeping the best recruits in-state for almost a decade now. That's a big reason why they manage to consistently pull in ranked recruiting classes.
                                                                                                    Not this year. :)

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X