No announcement yet.

'12 FL OLB Noor Davis (Stanford Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 FL OLB Noor Davis (Stanford Verbal)

Outside Linebacker
    The Villages, FL - The Villages Charter HS

Ht: 6'4"
    Wt: 225
    GPA: 4.3

Rankings:
    Rivals : (30th overall)
    Scout : (7th OLB)

Offers:
    Alabama
    Boston College
    Florida
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Louisville
    Miami
    Nebraska
    North Carolina
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    Pittsburgh
    Purdue
    South Florida
    Stanford
    Syracuse
    Tennessee
    UCF
    UCLA
    USC
    Virginia

Recruiter:
    Tim Hinton

Video:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/exPBpMurISk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by DoverShores; 05-11-2011, 04:28 AM.

4.3?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInColumbus View Post
      4.3?

If that's true, HOLY SH*T!!!

EDIT: Scratch that, momentary lapse of lucidness. Thought that was his 40 speed...

Comment

Did he do the throat slash on the highlights at the :47 mark?

Comment

I like what I see from that video tape (especially the throat slit motion-hah). I like that he attacks the ball and is still able to make a tackle if he doesn't force a strip. Hell, he already wears a similar uniform to that of the Irish. Let's go with an offer.

Comment

We really need to pull this kid from Florida!

Comment

I updated his offers. His list now includes some big time programs after originally only having an offer from UCF.

Comment

Should've jumped earlier.

Comment

Noor Davis

According to ISD he is a member of the Nation Honor Society, and is a education #1 guy.
                  He has said "ND has a great history, a great tradition and great academics.....I can really see myself as a great fit in their 3-4 defense as an outside linebacker. I really enjoy the defense they run."

His father played for Purdue and My Beloved NY Giants.

Comment

have we not offered yet?
                    God Country Notre Dame
                    http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

anyone know why we haven't offered this young man?

Comment

The Villages Charter HS? Haha. That's hilarious...I see those commercials for The Villages on TV all the time.

He lives in Retirement Headquarters of America.
                        The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Making an unofficial visit this weekend per II.

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                            The Villages Charter HS? Haha. That's hilarious...I see those commercials for The Villages on TV all the time.

He lives in Retirement Headquarters of America.
                            For your information, my Grandmother lives there.
                            sigpic

Comment

I hope we gets his offer this weekend.

Comment

On his way to South Bend right now. Plans to visit Harvard, Ohio State, Purdue, and others after his visit in South Bend.

Comment

Seriously guys this kid is big time talent from Florida and is extremely smart!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                    Seriously guys this kid is big time talent from Florida and is extremely smart!
                                    Coach D on ISD LOVES him. Thinks he can honestly play every LB spot at ND. Would be shocked if he didn't get an offer this weekend.
                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

His interest in Notre Dame and academics seems very genuine. He is going to visit Harvard after all. He seems very educated and well spoken in his ISD interview. This guy is would be a better pull than Clay Burton was last year. He is being recruited at OLB, but could very well slide into a MLB position. Very athletic frame and can bring the lumber.

Comment

Man you guys are getting me really excited for this kid!

Comment

As good as ND did last year on this defensive line, a pull of Noor Davis and Ifeadikachukwu Odenigbo (real name) would be the linebackers equivelant in my opinion. With Kendall Moore, Prince Shembo, Ben Councell, Ishaq Williams, Jarrett Grace, already on campus as very young and talented linebackers, the addition of these two would be mind blowing for this front seven.

Comment

Ishaq is going to be wearing number 1. Noor wears number 2 in high school right now. What a great 1-2 that would make.

Comment

Originally posted by AdmiralBackhand View Post
                                              Ishaq is going to be wearing number 1. Noor wears number 2 in high school right now. What a great 1-2 that would make.
                                              Bennett Jackson is wearing #2 now, but it would still be nice to have them together.
                                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                Bennett Jackson is wearing #2 now, but it would still be nice to have them together.
                                                I forgot he switched his number. Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

That is a pretty insane offer list.

Comment

This kid has it. This kid can be taught to do just about everything better from a technique standpoint, but he is by far the best player on the field. Two things you can't fake; that nose for the ball, and that ability to lay on a hit, without a running start.

Comment

Wow. Visits to Notre Dame and Harvard... This kids got the goods.
                                                      "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

ND offered.

Comment

Notre Dame impresses Davis

Comment

From Irish Sports Daily:

On Wednesday, linebacker Noor Davis (Orlando, Fla./The Villages) and his father left Florida to begin a recruiting road trip that would take them through the Midwest and out to the East Coast. The first stop on the trip would be to South Bend to check out Notre Dame, and the experience was definitely worth the drive.

“The day went great,” said Davis. “It was a jammed packed day, and the coaches took a lot of time out of their schedules to spend time with me. I was there for about eight hours, and I got to tour the whole campus along with the entire football facilities. It was a great experience.”

When the junior linebacker arrived Thursday morning, not even the weather could spoil the day.

“It was snowing when I got there, but it was great to see snow for the first time in three years,” he said. “I’m used to the cold weather because I did grow up in Washington D.C., so it’s nothing I’m not used to.

“The campus was extraordinary. Everything they have there in terms of churches and murals are just wonderful.”

It didn’t take long being on site for Davis to realize what the Irish thought of him as a person and a player.

“I got a chance to speak to coach Hinton for quite a while, “said Davis. “He took us around on the tour and then we got to meet the defensive coordinator (Bob Diaco), almost all the coaches and a bunch of the players.

“The players spoke very highly of Notre Dame, and they said they would really enjoy it if I came here.”

After meeting with the players there was someone else who wanted to meet the junior, head coach Brian Kelly. During their meeting, Kelly offered Davis a scholarship.

“It was great to have Coach Kelly offer me,” said the linebacker. “He took a half an hour or more out of his schedule to talk to me, and I really appreciated that. He expressed his interest and extended an offer.

“They told me depending on the personnel there at the time, I could play either the Dog or Cat position at linebacker.”

After receiving his newest offer Davis placed a call home to inform his mother, since she was not on the trip with them.

“My mom was so happy when I called and told her about the offer,” said the junior. “She just said, ‘You guys have a great time and good luck.’ She was very excited about the offer.”

His father did make the trip, and he was able to see what Notre Dame was about.

“My dad loved it,” said the Florida standout. “He has been there before, but he had never seen how nice it is there truly. He was amazed, shocked and very impressed.”

The Irish also left their impression on the Florida standout.

“They’re definitely going to be high on my list,” said Davis. “I mean a team that takes eight hours of their day to spend time with me and only me, is very important and something I’ll always remember.

“They are such a great school, with great tradition and will be a school I’ll be considering strongly.”

Don’t expect a commitment anytime soon as he plans to take his time with recruiting.

“I will wait to make my decision on signing day or at least after I take my five official visits,” claimed Davis. “I really want to make the best decision for me. I want to visually see these universities first hand, because they are all great schools and I can’t wait to visit all of them.”

Do the Irish have a chance to be one of those officials?

“I already confirmed that with all the coaches, including Brian Kelly,” claimed the standout linebacker. “I guaranteed them I would be back again for at least one of my official visits. One will be to Notre Dame guaranteed.”

The Davis’s will get back on the road again tomorrow with another long day ahead of them.

“We’ll be going to Purdue and Ohio State tomorrow and then we’ll keep working our way East.”

All the while the offers keep rolling in….as I write you can count Stanford as offer number 17.

Last Updated on Friday, 11 March 2011 12:24

Comment

Tidbit from ESPN:

Top LB Will Play QB this Fall:

ESPNU Watch List linebacker Noor Davis (The Villages, Fla.) already has 18 scholarship offers and has received calls from some of the biggest coaching names in college football.

Florida's Will Muschamp and Alabama's Nick Saban told him he's one of the top three outside linebackers in the nation. Pretty high praise. But what's interesting about the 6-foot-4, 225-pounder, besides him having a 4.3 GPA, is that he could lead The Villages Charter High team from under center next season.

With 4.7 speed, Davis is the perfect fit for a spread option attack at the high school level, although he doesn't seem to have any notion that he'll play QB at the Division I level. He's already been to the Gators' Junior Day and he'll visit Ohio State and Notre Dame over spring break along with several other school over spring break

Comment

the name noor davis screams florida state... I dunno why

Comment

I like what he had to say about his visit. I might be wrong, but I say we are in it until the end. Next season will also go a long way into the next class we sign.

Comment

Blog posts on Noor from Gerry Hamilton of 24/7 Sports:

JC and I stopped by The Villages (no golf) on Monday to see Noor Davis, the talented 6-foot-3/6-3.5, 230-pound outside linebacker prospect that has 21 offers.

When you've been in the business as long as we have, you get an impression of kids pretty quick. What is real, what is more for the media, etc...

Just me, but Noor Davis is one of the most impressive kids I've met in this class, and probably any class if I sat down and put names of past kids on paper.

Smart, as in a cerebral thinker type of young man, humble with confidence, manners and thoughtful way of going about things impressed me, serious about education along with playing football at a big time university, just a well grounded kid.

Bottom line, Noor Davis is a guy you want in your program and would hope to find guys like him in every recruiting cycle.

I know people want to hear about his recruitment more than anything, his will be interesting. Born in Los Angeles, moved to Washington DC area when 3 or 4, moved to central Florida when he was a freshman I believe.

Since he didn't grow up in the Sunshine State, he doesn't feel that in-state thing that many kids do who are born and raised in a singular state. That doesn't mean that the in-state programs don't have a shot or won't get him, but it's not a slam dunk at all.

He's going to be thorough, take a look at programs from coast-to-coast and likely decide and announce at the Under Armour All-America game in January.

Of his 21 offers, only Boston College has said they are offering as a defensive end. The rest as a LB.

With that said, he has the body type to be 250-260-pounds and could be pretty quick in a college S&C program. Not out of the question he ends up as a 4-3 WDE if he chooses a 4-3 program.
                                                                    After some questions:

Noor is very close to the vest.

He is taking a West Coast trip this summer (UCLA, USC, Stanford, etc..) as he has family out there.

Tough to get a true read on him. Got the feeling he liked the Notre Dame visit, but was close to the vest on the trip to those schools.

He didn't give any hints, but gut feeling is Notre Dame, Stanford, Florida all have a good shot.

Interesting enough he took a visit to UCF this past weekend and talked up the Golden Knights, who were the first to offer him.

Comment

^ Gotta like to hear this!

Comment

Stanford.... so sad to think about the big time recruits we've lost to them in recent years. I loved Wayne Lyons and Blake Lueders. If they steal Noor Davis I will be a very sad panda.

Comment

Love this kid. One of my favorites in this class on and off the field. This one will play out for awhile. If we show up this season with 10+ wins, we'll be in it until the end.

Comment

Love the size and speed he has...Florida schools and the rest of the SEC are surely going after him hard and if we can steal him from the south, that will show you what type of recruiting power this staff has, not that they need to prove that to anybody.
                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #39
                                                                              4* #6 OLB
                                                                              sigpic

Comment

• #40
                                                                                He has named two teams in his top 5.

Notre Dame and Florida

per scout

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                  He has named two teams in his top 5.

Notre Dame and Florida

per scout

Excellent.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Hopeing we get this kid...
                                                                                    "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Odenigbo, Spence, Davis, Schutt/Jones...this years A list wishlist (aka Lynch, Tuitt, and IShaq)

Win games and the chips will fall....Lets Go!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I just reread this whole thread and it has me at a loss for words.

Get this kid.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          We arent in Schutt's top 5. sorry to burst your bubble put we are recruiting him at guard and he wants to play DT.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                            We arent in Schutt's top 5. sorry to burst your bubble put we are recruiting him at guard and he wants to play DT.
                                                                                            That's a rumor. There is no way we are recruiting him at Guard. He's one of the top NG's in the country. Schutt is also scheduling a visit in the near future.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                              That's a rumor. There is no way we are recruiting him at Guard. He's one of the top NG's in the country. Schutt is also scheduling a visit in the near future.
                                                                                              Yeah that BS has been floating around the II boards for a couple months. A certain poster won't let it go.

But it is great that we're making some headway with Davis.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Noor had a good visit to Boston College this past weekend.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Is that even possible?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    was "good" his exact word because when a recruit uses "good' to describe his visit that tells me that it was alright but i'm moving on.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X