Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 NJ S Elijah Shumate (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 NJ S Elijah Shumate (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

'12 NJ S Elijah Shumate
    Safety/Cornerback
    Ramsey, NJ
    Don Bosco Prep

Ht: 6'1"
    Wt: 200 lbs
    40: 4.52
    Shuttle: 4.41
    Vertical: 28.5"

Rankings:
    Rivals: S #7, Overall #128
    Scout: S #5, Overall #60
    ESPN: S #14
    24/7: S #2, Overall #82

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Arizona
    Boston College
    Colorado
    Connecticut
    Georgia
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Miami (FL)
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    North Carolina
    Penn State
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    South Carolina
    UCF
    UCLA
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech
    Wisconsin
    Cincinnati
    Last edited by Ironman8; 01-07-2012, 05:19 PM. Reason: Updated Offers
    I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Offered today.
    Rivals has Diaco recruiting

Comment

Originally posted by PLACforever View Post
      Offered today.
      Rivals has Diaco recruiting
      Signed LOI
      "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by GreatDayne View Post
        Signed LOI
        Lol.

Comment

Last year Kelly indicated the edges of the front seven on defense was their highest priority. This year he stated offensive playmakers and the defensive backfield.

Shumate might be this years IShaq...here is to hoping with Diaco on the trail it will have the same result.

Comment

Go get him Coach D. He has good size and speed.
            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

This is Ironman8 boy!

Comment

Kid's a stud.
                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                  Kid's a stud.
                  We need to get back into Jersey!

Comment

Originally posted by ND in CT View Post
                    We need to get back into Jersey!
                    Most definitely.
                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Is he any relation to John Shumate, the Notre Dame basketball player?

Comment

how do you post a video on here from rivals

Comment

Qoute from ESPN Insider article: College Football Rumors - Rumor Central - NCAA - ESPN

Shumate, meanwhile, has reportedly received a scholarship offer, but he has visited Rutgers, Boston College and will trip to UConn this weekend according to Palmetto Sports. South Carolina is after him after landing three N.J. products in 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by MyBrothersSchool View Post
                            Is he any relation to John Shumate, the Notre Dame basketball player?
                            I wondered the same thing. He was a classmate (though I never met him) and a great b-ball player at ND and in the NBA. For some reason I remember him most for his post ND days as a Buffalo Brave and dealing, successfully, with health issues. Inspirational.

Help, Mr. Wizard! And by that I mean BGIF ...

Comment

What about a realtion to former 5 star Trojan recruit now transferred to UConn, DJ Shumate? Any relation there?
                              Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbuquerqueIrishFan View Post
                                What about a realtion to former 5 star Trojan recruit now transferred to UConn, DJ Shumate? Any relation there?
                                Nope. D.J. Shoemate is from California, and has a different last name. Sounds similar, though.
                                sigpic

Comment

From Rival's Monday Mailbag:

Is the talent level in New Jersey as good as it was last year?

- John from Wayne, N.J.

I think it's going to be more talented at the top but maybe not quite as deep as last year. The 2011 class in Jersey was very deep with guys such as Savon Huggins, Anthony Sarao, Miles Shuler, Marquise Wright, Damiere Byrd, Sheldon Royster, Bill Belton, Connor Wujciak, Josue Matias and others. All of those guys ended up in the Rivals250 which is impressive and there might not be as many four stars this year but I think there are more high-end prospects.

Darius Hamilton and Devin Fuller are both absolute studs and guys like Elijah Shumate, Leonte Carroo, Yuri Wright, Quanzell Lambert and others are not that far behind. I think you'll see as many if not more guys in major all-star games and I can say with near certainty that the highest-ranked player in Jersey should be in the national top 30 rather than outside the top 50 like 2011.

Comment

His scout profile has South Carolina and Rutgers as high interest and the rest as medium.

Comment

This is the Don Bosco kid I want the most!

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                        This is the Don Bosco kid I want the most!
                                        I agree with you out of the 3 we have offered, but Hamilton is an absolute monster (he even got the most props from the author of the Rival's Mailbag). Wonder why he hasn't been offered yet, as he is arguably the best prospect of the 4.

Comment

I agree with you out of the 3 we have offered, but Hamilton is an absolute monster (he even got the most props from the author of the Rival's Mailbag). Wonder why he hasn't been offered yet, as he is arguably the best prospect of the 4.
                                          I agree with everything you just wrote.

Comment

Didn't make his initial top 5 per ESPN:

ESPNU 150 Watch List S Elijah Shumate of New Jersey is working with a top five of Connecticut, North Carolina, Penn State, Rutgers and South Carolina. He told Eric Guimaraes of PalmettoSports.com that he has no favorite, but earlier in the week he told Matt Hladik of ScarletNation.com that Rutgers and South Carolina are his top two.

The Scarlet Knights have the lure of being just down the road in New Brunswick, and Shumate told Hladik: "I've been down there three or four times and I know all the players and coaches. All that familiarity, it's just like home. I get the feeling I'm well-liked down there. I feel like they really want me. That's important to me."

But the Gamecocks also have a New Jersey connection thanks to QB coach G.A. Mangus, who recruits the state for Steve Spurrier. In February, South Carolina reeled in three Garden State natives, including three-star RB Sheldon Royster, with whom Shumate is friendly. "We talk a lot," Shumate said. "He tells me if I go down there he can help me out and look out for me."

Comment

Didn't make his initial top 5 per ESPN:
                                              Booooo this

Comment

Originally posted by Sherm Sticky View Post
                                                Booooo this
                                                Unfortunately it really does look like a South Carolina / Rutgers race at this point. Hope it changes.

Comment

Unfortunately it really does look like a South Carolina / Rutgers race at this point. Hope it changes.
                                                  Its March. We have a long way until NSD 2012.

Comment

Note from the Rutgers camp this weekend:

Shumate was one of the most physically-impressive prospects at the event. He runs extremely well, has quick feet and hands and good ball skills. The question will be if he plays in the box or back at the safety position in college. The nation’s third-ranked safety prospect, Shumate has more than 30 offers and currently favors Rutgers and South Carolina.
                                                    Four-star safety Elijah Shumate (Ramsey, N.J./Don Bosco Prep) said that Rutgers and South Carolina are his current top two programs. He will visit several schools unofficially this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by PLACforever View Post
                                                      Its March. We have a long way until NSD 2012.
                                                      Also remember that we are in the running for a number of other top DBs and that we get Chris Badger back next year, as well.

Comment

Top 3 of ND, Rutgers, and South Carolina?

This true?

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post

This true?
                                                          If true then this is a big surprise. I still don't see him coming to us though.

Comment

This true?
                                                            Savon Huggins, the defensive remix. Well.. except he went with the other Carolina.

Comment

He previously had USCe & Rutgers in a Top 2, but he recently threw ND in the mix.

So that has to tell you something.

Comment

He previously had USCe & Rutgers in a Top 2, but he recently threw ND in the mix.

:)

Comment

Finally something going NDs way. Must have liked something he heard or saw recently.
                                                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                    Savon Huggins, the defensive remix. Well.. except he went with the other Carolina.
                                                                    Niiiiice.

Comment

Actually really surprised by this. Honestly feel this might just be lip service but who knows

Comment

This true?

According to ... ?

Comment

Blue and Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                                            Actually really surprised by this. Honestly feel this might just be lip service but who knows
                                                                            Definently could very well be lip service but it would be nice if he has us in his top three. It's just kind of surprising because we hadn't heard anything from him in a long while.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              any chance that yuri wright is working in our favor?? could these two guys be packaged deal keeping it quiet.
                                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Maybe he watched Rudy the other night, on Encore.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Rivals is also saying that we are in Shumate's Top 3.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    We are sitting pretty good with these Don Bosco Boys.
                                                                                    Shumate and Wright would be great to get, and we still have a chance at Carroo as well

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by ErieIrish13 View Post
                                                                                      We are sitting pretty good with these Don Bosco Boys.
                                                                                      Shumate and Wright would be great to get, and we still have a chance at Carroo as well
                                                                                      If Carroo had an offer, he'd already be committed. Don't know what's going on there.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        If Carroo had an offer, he'd already be committed. Don't know what's going on there.
                                                                                        I think you are right. I remember reading him as being super high on notre dame. I don't know why we have not offered.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Haha, at first I said we still have a chance at Carroo if ND offers, but then edited my post because I checked rivals and they list an offer. I think he ends up Irish in the end because there is no way they can pass up on a receiver with his talent

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Rutgers, South Carolina, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech and Georgia round out his top 5.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              N.B. "USC" = South Carolina

July 17, 2011

Shumate shuffles up top five
                                                                                              By Phil Kornblut

DB Elijah Shumate of Ramsey, NJ has shaken up his top five. Shumate said that list now consists of USC, Notre Dame, Michigan, Georgia Tech and Rutgers in no order. Connecticut, Penn State and North Carolina were bounced from his top five. Shumate was at Georgia Tech over the weekend. It was really great, he said. I really love the school. Thats the only campus visit hes made this summer. He wants to get to USC and Michigan but nothing has been set up. He will not be at USCs camp this week. He did talk to Gamecock recruiter GA Mangus last week. Shumate said the earliest he will make a decision is the Army All American Game January 7th.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I do not care for SCar calling itself "USC", or anyone else calling them that, either.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I thought there was a court ruling saying they couldn't use USC or something like that.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    USC, South Carolina was founded in 1801. 79 years before USC, Southern California was founded.

I don't know enough to to speak on a tradmark but if So Cal went to court for this, it would only make a hate them more.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X