Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 MD WR Stefon Diggs (Maryland Commit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 MD WR Stefon Diggs (Maryland Commit)

Wide Receiver
    Olney, MD - Our Lady of Good Counsel

Ht: 6'0"
    Wt: 185
    40: 4.4

Rankings:
    Rivals: (8th overall)
    Scout: (16th overall, #2 Safety)
    ESPN: (9th Overall, #1 Athlete)

Offers:
    Alabama
    Auburn
    California
    Clemson
    Cincinnati
    Colorado
    Florida
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Illinois
    Maryland
    Miami
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Nebraska
    North Carolina State
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Pittsburgh
    Rutgers
    South Carolina
    UCLA
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia Tech
    West Virginia

2012 U.S. Army All-American

Video:

<iframe width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CC3jINBrzIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 02-11-2012, 11:31 AM.

Was it just me or were some other players' pursuit angles terrrrrrrrible?

The kid looks fast though.

Comment

Very fun watching him tear up St X. the reffng there is atrocious (they beat my HS on a last second TD after we were forced to punt on a PHANTOM holding call and several instances of "frozen clocks" that were never corrected)
      "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

Kid makes it look easy, like it's effortless.

Comment

kid looks quick and has some good moves.

Comment

Going to be in the 2012 U.S. Army All-American Game and won combine MVP.

BuckeyeGrove.com - Md. star takes Combine MVP

Comment

MD is putting some talent here latley.
              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

According to rivals, he said there is an 85 percent chance he'll be playing in warm weather.

Comment

Originally posted by johnsben View Post
                  According to rivals, he said there is an 85 percent chance he'll be playing in warm weather.
                  Is it possible that he knows about a warm front going through South Bend that we don't know about?

Comment

Cause everyone plays in warm weather in the pros.

Comment

Offered according to ISD and Rivals

Comment

Just got offered by FSU, which is apparently the school he has been waiting on... I think his 85% chance just became a 95% chance.

Comment

Has been awarded a fifth star from Rivals.

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - The first five-stars: Stefon Diggs
                          "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

This was Jelani Jenkins' high school, correct?

Comment

Yes it was.

Comment

If he does go to FSU, I hope he has a change of heart like Lynch, because this kid looks like he would be a phenomenal defensive back (I don't like his receiving ability from the vids posted, but hey, what do I know).
                                Last edited by Gencdaddy; 03-22-2011, 06:42 PM.
                                "Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure." -Knute Rockne

Comment

Originally posted by Gencdaddy View Post
                                  If he does go to FSU, I hope he has a change of heart like Lynch, because this kid looks like he would be a phenomenal defensive back (I don't like his receiving ability from the vids posted, but hey, what do I know).
                                  Here's a better collection of highlights....

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CC3jINBrzIg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

BEAST!

Comment

Like this kids game, but we have no shot.

Comment

Love this kid. He is literally everywhere and making great plays at the RB, WR or safety positions.

Comment

wrong profile
                                          Last edited by BGIF; 07-17-2011, 07:57 AM.

Comment

My #1 slot prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                              My #1 slot prospect.
                                              same here, only WR I would want over him is DGB.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                only WR I would want over him is DGB.
                                                Have we offered either? ;)

Comment

This is going to suck......

ESPN Insider

College Football Rumors - Rumor Central - NCAA - ESPN

HS teammate with Blake Countess. Blake has now cracked the starting DB lineup at Michigan and really caught Stefon's eye because it shows that if you are the best regardless of year that you will play.

"At first I was a little shaky with Michigan, because I knew Blake was one of the best guys out there but he wasn't playing," he said. "Then I noticed that he's gotten the starting job. He worked for it and won it, and that makes me feel more comfortable that they'll play the best guys."

Will come out with a Top 7 on November 29th, his birthday.

Plans on visiting Michigan in December.

Once his HS season ends he plans to announce his college decision on ESPN
                                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

The actual story is that he doesn't have good grades, but just got the preemptive go ahead from Michigan admissions. So now he is strongly considering them.

At the end of the day, I really don't think he ends up at Michigan.

Comment

I'm thinking he ends up at Florida.

Comment

Pushing to get him to visit for the banquet per BGI.

Apparently he is listening.
                                                        Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 11-24-2011, 10:08 AM.

Comment

TE banquet?
                                                          Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post
                                                            TE banquet?
                                                            Awards banquet, sorry. Apparently what caught his and his mothers eye was our African american graduation rate.

Comment

I'll hold the excitement until he visits. This kid loves the recruiting process. We shall see.

Comment

Early PT is his #1 factor

Comment

I would rather have this kid than DGB.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                    I would rather have this kid than DGB.
                                                                    Why? Because we may have a shot at him and not DGB?

As for early playing time, any school can make it look like they can offer early playing time. If he comes anywhere out of the SEC, Michigan probably has the best shot.

Maybe Gunner could help.

Comment

Why? Because we may have a shot at him and not DGB?

As for early playing time, any school can make it look like they can offer early playing time. If he comes anywhere out of the SEC, Michigan probably has the best shot.

Maybe Gunner could help.
                                                                      I think he has more "skill" than DGB. DGB has size and that is what reall rates him so high. If you watch Digg's tape he has almost everything you could ask for. Speed, Catching ability, doesnt go down after first contact, etc.. Dont get me wrong, I would take DGB any day of the week and twice on Sundays. IMO, I think Diggs is a little bit better

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                        Awards banquet, sorry. Apparently what caught his and his mothers eye was our African american graduation rate.

Somewhere, Whiskeyjack is shedding a tear of joy.

Comment

People ignore this statistic at their peril.

Everyone wants to assume they are the exception to the rule, and the fact is that exceptional students can thrive just about anywhere. As Myron Rolle deceptively demonstrates, you can end up with a Rhode Scholar at FLORIDA STATE of all places. But that is a reflection of Mr. Rolle, not FSU.

The real question is "what happens to the average player?" If your son is a normal human being--and not an especially self-motivated kid academically like Myron Rolle or Wayne Lyons--he is going to adapt, at least partially, to the environment in which he is in.

At that point, your are rolling the dice at most schools. If football is the only value, you are going to strive for the bear minimum. When you do this, a lot of kids fail. That is just human nature.

So there there is the initial question of whether the kid graduates at all. But even then, there is the secondary question of whether he is actually graduating with the same education that other Michigan or USC students get? Or is there an athlete track?

At ND, there is a culture of education, plain and simple. And because the administration and staff is aiming at achievement, players are not only graduating, but graduating with real majors. When you aim high, you achieve more. This is why ND is the best place for a football player who are NORMAL student to attends. A normal ND football player is actually going to get the great education ND offers.

Comment

I think he has more "skill" than DGB. DGB has size and that is what reall rates him so high. If you watch Digg's tape he has almost everything you could ask for. Speed, Catching ability, doesnt go down after first contact, etc.. Dont get me wrong, I would take DGB any day of the week and twice on Sundays. IMO, I think Diggs is a little bit better
                                                                            Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my guess is that you will come close to standing alone on that one.

I will say that everything you said about Diggs (Speed, catching ability, doesn't go down after first contact) are all qualities that makes DGB the number one receiver in the country and a top 5 player. Oh yea, and he's got NFL size.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Hopefully Darby is working hard on him. Are they friends?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Early PT is his #1 factor
                                                                                That is not going to be a problem; Kelly will throw you in there if you are ready.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Everyone is entitled to their opinion but my guess is that you will come close to standing alone on that one.

I will say that everything you said about Diggs (Speed, catching ability, doesn't go down after first contact) are all qualities that makes DGB the number one receiver in the country and a top 5 player. Oh yea, and he's got NFL size.
                                                                                  I dont see that much speed in DGB but he definately has size. I just think Diggs would be more versatile and could any where on the field. I do think DGB is going to be the #1 redzone threat in the country right when he gets into college

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    You never kow he might be able to come right in and fill Floyds spot. Hopefully we can land gunner i think that could help us.
                                                                                    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I dont see that much speed in DGB but he definately has size. I just think Diggs would be more versatile and could any where on the field. I do think DGB is going to be the #1 redzone threat in the country right when he gets into college
                                                                                      He ran a 4.4. What kind of speed are you looking for?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                                                                        That is not going to be a problem; Kelly will throw you in there if you are ready.
                                                                                        One of the things that I've really liked about Kelly this season.

If you're ready, you are going to play, (Lynch, Tuitt, GAIII)

Not only have those guys been playing a lot this year, but they've been producing...
                                                                                        Ya gotta think recruits take notice of that
                                                                                        Last edited by NDinFL; 11-24-2011, 12:40 PM.
                                                                                        "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Just watched his tape he reminds me of Robert Woods

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I think Diggs will have a much bigger impact in year 1 than DGB will have. IMO DGB is a much more raw player but has greater potential to become a dominant player as he grows older. Is he an EE? And happy thanksg

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I think Diggs will have a much bigger impact in year 1 than DGB will have. IMO DGB is a much more raw player but has greater potential to become a dominant player as he grows older. Is he an EE? Happy Thanksgiving all Irishenvy users!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I thought academics was a concern for him and who wouldn't be able to qualify?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Kid is unreal. If we have any shot we have to have to have to win mom over he is very close with his mom. Florida and Auburn lead.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Great that we have a shot here. Never thought we would get back in this ...one.

I think it is clear that BKs staff apply alot more pressure late in the year rather than during the year when it comes to recruiting.
                                                                                                    "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X