Class:2012

Schools of Interest:
    Arizona
    Cal
    Colorado
    LSU
    Notre Dame
    Utah
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 05-21-2011, 08:50 AM.

Widely considered the best QB at the army jr combine this year

Comment

I watched some film of this kid at the Army combine, very impressive. Had a nice release, good looking deep ball, and he ran a 4.47 40!!! Crazy Fast!!
      My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Supposedly this is the QB we are targeting #1 next year.

Comment

ive been looking for free footage, any luck?
          "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

Brian Kelly, work your magic.

Comment

Miles was named the QB MVP of the US Army Combine.

Comment

YouTube - Mullen QB Cyler Miles

Not him playing, but it is him. Seems like a cool cat
                "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

Comment

Originally posted by NDTH91 View Post
                  YouTube - Mullen QB Cyler Miles

Not him playing, but it is him. Seems like a cool cat
                  Very well spoken young man. Coupled with his tremendous athletic ability, he should be one of our top targets.

Comment

So. Many. Quarter. Backs.

Comment

Cyler Miles next Tim Tebow? ;)

Comment

This kid gets my vote for obsession if he shows strong interest in ND come next year.

Comment

Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                          This kid gets my vote for obsession if he shows strong interest in ND come next year.
                          it begins...

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                            So. Many. Quarter. Backs.
                            Didn't you hear? We are going to run some formations next year with 3 QBs on the field so the defense won't know who is going to throw it.

Comment

Originally posted by fightincolts View Post
                              Cyler Miles next Tim Tebow? ;)
                              I don't want the ESPN crew slobbering over him for four years.

Comment

Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                I don't want the ESPN crew slobbering over him for four years.
                                I wouldn't mind if he was Irish

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                  Didn't you hear? We are going to run some formations next year with 3 QBs on the field so the defense won't know who is going to throw it.
                                  I actually was thinking of a 2 QB set of plays the other day.Have Golson and Crist under shotgun and another RB back as well. It would kind of be like the 3TE set the Steelers were running. Either QB could run with it, or you could run some sort of hybrid flea-flicker/shovel passes.
                                  It looks really good in my head....lol.

Comment

11.11 100 meter dash

Cyler Miles - Colorado Track XC

This kid will be sick.

Comment

That is freaking fast for anyone let alone a QB!!
                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                        That is freaking fast for anyone let alone a QB!!
                                        Ran 11 flat as well.. just not at the state championship.

Comment

Right now for my money, I would like Miles. He has the height, speed, size, and arm strength that can not be developed. We are only taking one in this class so it will be the best one and Miles hasn't even come close to his ceiling. A few years behind Golson and I think this kid could be a game changing All American.

Comment

If that 11 flat is FAT, outdoor and as a sophmore you better believe he'll run somewhere in the 10.8 range or lower as a senior. That's pretty sick.

Comment

Thats freaky fast
                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Rivals has reported we have offered.

Cyler Miles - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

On that page it shows a story about Myles feeling wanted by ND. Can't read it. Anyone able to give us a run down of what the article says?
                                                  When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

I don't know who I want more Kiel or Miles

Comment

Really can't go wrong with either, but Myles' speed would be a great asset to have running the spread

Comment

Utah and Washington offered per ESPN

Comment

that utah offer is much more appealing now that they're in the pac 10.

Comment

This is no offense to Cyler, but I want Kiel more as of today. I am sure Cyler is a very good player, but without watching him play (cant find any good clips), I have to go on what I know about Colorado football. What I know is this.... Colorado High School football isnt very good. In fact, I would go as far as saying it is bad.

I will catch some of his games this fall though, maybe he will change my mind. Either way, I am always all for ND picking up blue chips. I would just rather see Kiel in blue and gold as of today.

just my .02
                                                            Originally posted by koonja
                                                            I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Does anyone know where stand with Cyler? Are we going to get a visit?

Comment

Haven't heard his name mentioned in months

Comment

So, it took me a while to draw the logic.

What's in a name?

Comment

247sports reporting 5* visit who???????? DE

Comment

one reason the staff may have backed off of him a bit is his preference to play in a pro style offense.

National Notes: Colorado road trip

Comment

Originally posted by irishbird View Post
                                                                        247sports reporting 5* visit who???????? DE
                                                                        Next month Jarron Jones is inbound. He's a soft Nittany commit. Other than that, I can't find your source. And yes, Jones is a DL recruit. He may fit in well at DE for us, or may project as a nose. I'm unsure.

Regardless, this here profile of Cyler's may be getting much needed attention soon enough.

Comment

Oh sorry i was referencing Cyler not the DT

Comment

lets go after this guy, i admit im a Mauk doubter, and i dont think we'll get Kiel, and id love to have this guy. but any game vids?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Just a postgame interview. Allow me to look for more:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bke_5V1K70Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Got it:

<div><object width="576" height="324"><param name="movie" value="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf"></param><param name="flashVars" value="shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Cyler-Miles-997509&vid=23774595&"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed width="576" height="324" allowFullScreen="true" src="http://d.yimg.com/nl/rivals/site/player.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="shareUrl=http%3A//rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/AMP-Cyler-Miles-997509&vid=23774595&"></embed></object></div>

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  man you are wired tonite, someones been on that vCoke

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    also, he has a great release, spiral looks good, accuracy seems nice, but this is a low pressure, non-game situation.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Or just vBored.

The wind's been keeping me shacked up. And on nights before work, I have a hard time meeting up with the sandman.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Why are we not putting the full-court press on this kid?
                                                                                        From that little bit of video i'm INCREDIBLY impressed. Love the delivery,nice tight spiral,and looks incredibly athletic,enough to run the spread well.
                                                                                        Right now I'd take him over Kiel and Mauk.Any thoughts?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Adam Gorney: Although he's already at No. 160, I think Denver (Colo.) Mullen quarterback Cyler Miles has a solid chance of moving up even higher in the rankings. He plays at a respectable program, had tremendous numbers last season, performed well at the U.S. Army National Combine and is putting together an impressive offer list. Miles is expected at the Palo Alto Elite 11 workout on Friday and his performance there could go a long way in him moving even higher up the charts.
                                                                                          Rivals.com Football Recruiting - Roundtable: Predictions for next round

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I would like to see them get a "runner" or and elite Qb (Kiel...please)

"Runner" - A run first QB built to take a hit, like Tebow (high end). I like Golsten but I think his size limits play selection. I am speaking on a durability standpoint. Smaller running QB's get exposed (D. Robinson) to injury.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by woolybug25
                                                                                              He did ask for "our thoughts"... I guess that somehow means that he was asking for everyone's thoughts except mine?
                                                                                              Yawn. You've said the samething about 986 times. We get it, we get it. You love Kiel and think he's the greatest thing ever and think Mauk is a worthless piece of **** who doesn't deserve to hold Kiel's jock strap. And i can see this being done in just about every othet qb recruit thread. Yada yada

I like Miles though. Seems like a longshot at this point though

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by rtrn2glory
                                                                                                lol...you gotta admit man you surf these threads just looking for stuff like this.
                                                                                                I wouldn't say that I surf for it, but I like to comment when it comes up. I just really feel strongly about the subject. It's like a nervous tick. A Gunner-Tourets, if you will.

To get back on track with Miles, I really like him too. Definetely fits the mold of what we want to do. I cant wait to watch him in person this fall, and will try to keep people posted on what I hear around town as I hear it too (assuming he ever gets really high on us, I have a feeling we are low on the totem pole with him).
                                                                                                Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                                I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I really wish we would make Cyler our primary QB target. I think he is a great fit for our offense.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Hate to ask this but is a highlight video out on him yet? Miles that is. Every time I see his thread I check it so im pretty sure I didn't miss it posted. Just from the rankings, not that I think they are a HUGE deal but they do give an insight on the athletic ability of an athlete, he seems to be pretty darn legit.
                                                                                                    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X