Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 OH DE/OLB Ifeadi Odenigbo (Northwestern Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 OH DE/OLB Ifeadi Odenigbo (Northwestern Verbal)

Defensive End/Outside Linebacker
    Centerville, OH - Centerville HS

Ht: 6'3"
    Wt: 209
    40: 4.64
    Bench: 270
    Shuttle: 4.27
    Vertical: 32.5"
    GPA: 3.2

Rankings:
    Rivals: (61st overall, #8 DE)
    Scout: (60th overall, #3 OLB)
    ESPN: (50th Overall, #4 DE)
    247: (48th Overall, #1 OLB)

Offers:
    Alabama
    Boston College
    Cal
    Cincinnati
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Maryland
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    North Carolina
    Northwestern
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Oklahoma
    Stanford
    Syracuse
    Toledo
    UCLA
    West Virginia

Video:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlgUSdJGYxM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BlgUSdJGYxM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    Last edited by DoverShores; 10-26-2011, 02:09 AM.

A little underweight, but im surprised DE/OLB that fast doesnt have an offer yet.
    .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Probably an OLB in our scheme. I'd offer him in a heartbeat with that speed.

Comment

Why do so many HS teams wear those ugly a*s helmets?

Comment

Centerville is right in my backyard. Going to have to check this kid out. His teammate Michael Bennett went to Ohio State this year and most of these kids from this area are OSU fans.

Comment

I want him just for the comedy of trying to pronounce his name.

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
              I want him just for the comedy of trying to pronounce his name.
              You're so right. We haven't had a tough once since Ndukwe
              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

100 vbucks for whoever can find a correct phonetic spelling of his name
                "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                  You're so right. We haven't had a tough once since Ndukwe
                  The toughest one is probably Emeka Nwankwo. Not nearly as hard as this guys though.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                    The toughest one is probably Emeka Nwankwo. Not nearly as hard as this guys though.
                    Oh dear I can already hear Tom Hammond butchering that name

Comment

hammond has a tough time pronouncing clausen, no way he could do this guy.

Comment

He was just offered.

Comment

Thanks.... where did you see that?

Comment

Rivals has had it listed for about a week.

Comment

Doesn't a mod need to change the thread title?

I don't have a rivals subscription, is he the "elite 2012 DE"?

Comment

The way he flys to the ball on tape, he looks more like a safety, wonder if he can cover.
                                I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

Either way if he plays De/OLB he will need to bulk up a little bit but 4.4 that is good speed.
                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

just gonna give this a shot...I don't know how to actually do the phonetic spellings or whatever but here goes...

If-E-ah-Dee O-Duh-Nig-Bo
                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

He's an OLB and a ridiculously good one at that.

One of my favorite recruits in this class by far.

Comment

Poster on rivals said this:

Went to centerville, played football, and know this kid. His top 3 schools are notre dame, stanford, and duke. He is very high on ND and said he would be really disappointed if ND doesnt offer him on junior day. He said he is pumped to see ND and not to mention he is catholic. He is very high on ND.
                                        He does not have an offer right now. He hopes to pick one up on Junior day.

Comment

Speed and more speed
                                          2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Did he play against Braxton Miller in that highlight video? if so he was running stride ffor stride with him. impressive.

Comment

Would be a great early pick up from Ohio...His stock is rising fast and it'd be nice to snatch em up quick.
                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I can already hear Tom Hammond butchering his name.

Comment

Centerville is a hot bed for O$U. I don't know if I should be happy he is high on ND or concerned because the Bucks haven't gotten involved yet.

Comment

Michigan State is involved as well so he does have some big time interest, but it is strange how they've not even stopped by to check in.

According to the recruiting sites the only one of his 3 supposed favorites to have offered is Stanford.
                                                    Last edited by rtrn2glory; 02-15-2011, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Perfect size and speed for Diaco's defense. I would be surprise if he doesn't pick up an offer at junior day.

Comment

Just a thought (since O$U doesn't seem to have shown a lot of interest yet) but could he be another Ben Councell? Fast and undersized DE, fits well as an OLB in the 3-4, and goes relatively unnoticed by recruiting services and big-time programs. It just seems like a similar situation.

Comment

Looking at the offers he already has as of right now, he isn't unnoticed at all.
                                                          Ifeadi Odenigbo - Yahoo! Sports

Comment

just picked up an ohio state offer:

Ohio State Buckeyes Football and Basketball

that makes this recruitment much more interesting and more difficult for the irish

Another article on rivals saying he's only been playing for two years, so he's extremely raw.
                                                            Last edited by rtrn2glory; 02-17-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

I hope his offer is coming soon...

Detroit News article
                                                              Most of the nation's top football prospects have spent years cultivating their gridiron talents. They've played the sport since grade school, trained tirelessly, and built up their knowledge of the game, all in hopes of one day playing college ball. Then there are youngsters like Centerville, Ohio, standout Ifeadi Odenigbo (pronounced, If-oddy Oh-denny-bo). The 6-foot-4, 210-pounder's impressive combination of length and athleticism has made him one of the fastest rising linebacker/defensive end prospects in Ohio. However, his rise up multiple recruiting boards is a surprising development considering he just began playing the sport last year.

"I would have gone out (for football) earlier, but my mom and dad were born and raised in Nigeria," Odenigbo said. "I was the first one in my family to be born in America. They really never understood football. They always just saw people hitting each other and they thought it was dangerous. During my freshman year my parents said that if my grades looked really good they would let me play football (the next season). I worked hard freshman year and I had my GPA at 3.3, so my parents let me play my sophomore year. Not knowing anything about football, I thought I was going to be pretty sweet at it. I run track and I'm pretty fast, so when I was coming out for football I thought, 'I'm fast -- I'll just run around people and not get hit at all.' I got my (butt) kicked!"

It was a rude awakening to be sure. Odenigbo's 4.5 speed is a commodity that any coach would covet, but his inexperience and initial aversion to contact limited his value on the field. That much was obvious when Odenigbo began his junior campaign backing up a sophomore. He wouldn't be a reserve for long, though. He had wisely dedicated himself to the weight room during the offseason. In addition, he had made another change that seemed innocuous on the surface, but played a significant role in helping him turn his physicality switch to the "on" position.

"My sophomore year I played timid," Odenigbo said. "I really didn't know how to hit people. I didn't know how to put on big hits. It sounds really stupid, but my mom bought me football gloves. The problem I had was that people were hitting me in the hands every single game, and I have sensitive hands (laughter). Then I got gloves and just started hitting people because I didn't have to worry about my hands anymore. It just started clicking. People asked me, 'Why are you starting to hit people?' I was like, 'Because of these gloves (laughter).'"

Whatever it takes, right? That definitely was his coach's opinion after he witnessed Odenigbo's metamorphosis from a kid that just ran around the field really fast, to one that ran around the field fast wreaking havoc on the opposition.

"He has great physical tools," Centerville coach Ron Ullery told Scout.com. "He has a great frame. He's going to grow and have good weight on him. What he has is speed -- speed off the edge and change of direction -- and it's explosive speed. The last game of the year when (Hubert Heights, Ohio) Wayne beat us in double overtime, he was the only guy I saw on film all year chase down (five-star Ohio State quarterback signee) Braxton Miller, and he did it two, three, maybe four times."

"He's a kid with a very high ceiling," said Allen Trieu, Scout.com's Midwest regional manager. "He's a smart, coachable kid who can project into a lot of systems. In the Midwest he's one of the top prospects. I like the film more and more each time I go through it. His lack of size is holding him back some, but I think he's a high four-star type prospect."

That Odenigbo still has so much room to grow and get better has college coaches salivating. They've literally fallen over one another in recent days to offer him. His scholarship total has grown to 12, with both Michigan and Michigan State taking part in the scholarship frenzy.

"I met (Michigan assistant) Coach (Mark) Smith about two weeks ago, but he couldn't talk to me because of NCAA rules," Odenigbo told Scout.com. "I'm pretty pumped and excited. I've heard great things about them, their academics and their tradition."

He added: "(Michigan State assistant) Coach (Harlon) Barnett and Coach Dantonio told me (in late January) they wanted to get signing day done and then they would be back to offer me and they kept their word. I do not really know a lot (about MSU) to be honest. I know they tied Ohio State for the Big Ten (title). I am not really familiar with them and look forward to visiting them and learning more."

Lack of familiarity isn't as much of an issue for Ohio State. The Buckeyes extended a scholarship offer Wednesday -- a development that many pundits believe is an ominous sign for all of the other programs giving chase. That's because Odenigbo's good friend and teammate, Michael Bennett, will be a Buckeye freshman next year. Even so, assuming Bennett's presence in Columbus ensures Odenigbo's might be a mistake.

"I talked to Mike (Wednesday) afternoon about it and he said he'd love to see him go to Ohio State, but he's not the type to bug him about it," Ullery told Scout.com. "It's about going through the process and he wants to make sure (Odenigbo) looks at everything, takes visits to the schools he really likes, and makes a decision in his own best interest. That's just the type of person Mike is."

Added Odenigbo: "The Ohio State offer was very special to me, and my heart started pounding when I heard about it. (But) there are other schools I'm interested in and I will be taking unofficial visits with my parents to different schools."

The talented youngster maintains that all of his suitors are on equal footing. Notre Dame (no offer), Northwestern, Illinois, and all of the other contenders will be evaluated thoroughly, especially when it comes to their scholastic reputations.

From The Detroit News: U-M, MSU pursue rising Ohio defensive star Ifeadi Odenigbo | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Comment

Originally posted by GreatDayne View Post
                                                                100 vbucks for whoever can find a correct phonetic spelling of his name
                                                                Ifeadi Odenigbo (pronounced, If-oddy Oh-denny-bo).

Source:

U-M, MSU pursue rising Ohio defensive star Ifeadi Odenigbo | detnews.com | The Detroit News

Comment

Now also reporting an offer from Oklahoma...kid's starting to take off like we all thought he would.

Comment

He'll probably get an offer this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                      I agree. I think the coaches just want to put him through the eye test to make sure of his true size and weight first.
                                                                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Prolly the same approach that the coaching staff is taking with a lot of other prospects as well...prolly gonna be a lot of news early next week.

Comment

Offered by Ga Tech and North Carolina

Comment

Recieved an offer today at junior day.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              i love you

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Offered by Nebraska and Kent St

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Has ND in front after his visit to OSU

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Very cool.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Source??

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                        Source??
                                                                                        It's Terry Tate, he is right so much that he is considered our source.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I just want to read it...i'm bored.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            It's on the II message board.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Tea leaves and a LSD trip

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                                Source??
                                                                                                Don't question TT

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Tea leaves and a LSD trip
                                                                                                  So Bleacher Report?
                                                                                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Commit to ND and 3 things are guaranteed.
                                                                                                    1) You'll receive a world class eduaction.
                                                                                                    2) You'll be part of a winning team with great tradition.
                                                                                                    3) By the end of the first quarter of your very first game, Tom Hammonds will butcher your name beyond recognition.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X