Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 OH RB William Mahone (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 OH RB William Mahone (Notre Dame Signed LOI)

Running Back
    Austintown, Ohio
    Austintown Fitch

Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 205 lbs
    Shuttle: 4.58
    Vertical: 35 inches
    Bench press: 275 pounds
    Squat: 445 pounds
    GPA: 3.2

Rankings:
    Scout: , RB #13
    Rivals: , Rivals100 #78
    ESPN:

Offers:
    Boston College
    Bowling Green
    Cincinnati
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Miami (Oh)
    Michigan State
    Northwestern
    Notre Dame
    Penn State
    Pittsburgh
    West Virginia

ND Recruiter:

Scout
    Rivals

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9D8WltuuXCI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by TerryTate; 01-09-2012, 11:39 AM.

Nice free article over at ISD today about the guy; notably his GPA has risen from Rivals' 2.5, now per the article up to 3.2.

Also, seems we're sitting his early top 5.

“I’m getting a lot of letters from Boston College, Oregon, Ohio State, Syracuse, Wisconsin, Alabama, Texas A&M, LSU, Iowa, Tennessee, USC, and Notre Dame,” recited Mahone. “Actually, when Brian Kelly was at Cincinnati, they sent me a camp invite when I was a sophomore. (Notre Dame) is interested.”

Mahone already has a list of schools he’d like to communicate more with.

“I’d like to hear more from Texas and Notre Dame,” said Mahone. “I want to see what Oregon’s offering, and maybe some other schools like Florida and Miami. I’ve seen videos on Oregon, and I really like their facilities, and the way they play really jumps out at me when I watch their stuff on youtube. Texas was my favorite team growing up. That’s why I like them. The rest of those schools have great tradition, and have shown a lot of interest in me early. So that’s why I’d like to take a visit and check them out.”

Comment

any videos?

Comment

None of the major sites with anything, but a little digging shows some sophomore highlights:

<object id="obj_ff4db793a9734534a47c7b1cb655fa9e" classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,115,0" width="450" height="392"> <param name="movie" value="http://applications.fliqz.com/ff4db793a9734534a47c7b1cb655fa9e.swf" /> <param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /> <param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /> <param name="flashvars" value="file=1d468ba388f941158896e8f46f86fe95&perma link=&" /> <embed id="emb_ff4db793a9734534a47c7b1cb655fa9e" src="http://applications.fliqz.com/ff4db793a9734534a47c7b1cb655fa9e.swf" width="450" height="392" allowfullscreen="true" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" flashvars="file=1d468ba388f941158896e8f46f86fe95&p ermalink=&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed> </object>

Comment

saw this on blue and gold and ISD and was about to make a thread. Beat me to it

Comment

Let me know if there's anything I need to add
            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

what's the competition like there?

He looks like a beast, and he can fly

Comment

The Lake film would be one to watch. They lost in double ot but Lake was the only high end team they played. The rest were just average at best. His team is a good team in Ohio. Comparing to Mauk's schedule it is much stronger competition than Kenton's.
                Last edited by delt1147; 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

He plays at the highest level of Ohio high school football. His team finished 9-1 in the regular season with Canton Mckinely (public school in Canton with great tradition) being its biggest win. Team made it to the second round of the playoffs before being defeated...They're playoff region is one of if not the toughest in the state. He plays with several division 1 prospects.

Comment

There is already a thread for this kid, can a mod please merge:

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2012...am-mahone.html

I absolutely love this kid. This kid is my second choice behind Keith Marshal. This kid is so underrated.

Comment

Sorry...looked and couldn't find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                        Sorry...looked and couldn't find anything.
                        No worries. That thread hadn't been updated in a while and was burried.

I still love this kid and glad he got an offer.

Comment

Tough kid with potential to get bigger...would be nice power between the tackles guy that can get ya four yards everytime he touches it...plus he's a decent receiver out of the backfield.

Plays with a set of twins on his team that are getting heavy D 1 interest...not sure if they're packaged or not. Read somewhere he liked his visit to West Virginia. Initial hunch is he's gonna be a tough pull away from Penn St and Michigan St
                          Last edited by rtrn2glory; 03-04-2011, 11:03 AM.

Comment

From ISD;

article about the twins he plays with...sounds like the interest from ND is picking up a bit.

Twins Compete

Comment

updated to include offer on March 3rd (and offer list growing); new video:

<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,115,0" id="i_28e3e9ebcfd44953968e05ff33c89f68" width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://applications.fliqz.com/9620d48355f3418a861bcdc9ac35f9e2.swf"/><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="menu" value="false" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"/><param name="flashvars" value="at=90d0b587f2b94d7aa2b57ef19ed153a3"/><embed name="i_1cbce1d35ca345728b563595e2a34b7d" src="http://applications.fliqz.com/9620d48355f3418a861bcdc9ac35f9e2.swf" flashvars="at=90d0b587f2b94d7aa2b57ef19ed153a3" width="640" height="360" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" allowfullscreen="true" menu="false" bgcolor="#000000" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"/></object>

Comment

William Mahone has two recruit profile threads, can a mod please merge. Thank you.

Comment

Our own Mark Ingram? Huh? Huh?
                                  "Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure." -Knute Rockne

Comment

He's a friend of my good friend and RB recruit Coy Brown. That's how I know him. Good kid. Not sure about on-field, but he is a nice guy.

Comment

Cut it to 10. ND made the cut.

Comment

ESPN is reporting (citing Bill Kline of the "Morning Call" in Allentown, PA) that PSU has "nearly locked up" Will. Take it FWIW, because they do name the RB as Will Malone, not Will Mahone (dubious typo), and I am not entirely sure what being "nearly locked up" means, especially in this day and age in recruiting. I guess I will just take it as PSU is his leader for now.
                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

I believe Penn State has always lead. i know him and Jarron Jones are close.

Comment

Looking to visit ND this summer per 247 article.

Comment

Mother seems to really like the coaches at Michigan State...and we know from experience in at least a couple instances what mama wants...mama gets.

Comment

24/7 reporting hes scheduled his visit...dont knwo what day it will actually be tho

Comment

I dont have a premium subscription

Comment

Originally posted by NYIrish14 View Post
                                                    24/7 reporting hes scheduled his visit...dont knwo what day it will actually be tho
                                                    I dont have a premium subscription
                                                    Mahone, per B&G:
                                                    "I'll be out there in (late) June and I just want to see what they have to offer me."

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                                      Mahone, per B&G:
                                                      ASK WHAT YOU OFFER ND NOT WHAT ND OFFER YOU

Comment

Originally posted by irishbird View Post
                                                        That's really more once they're on the team. When they're a recruit we have to show them what we can offer them. And that we offer the most/best.
                                                        "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

AND NAME OF CB FROM FLA. ND GOOD WITH THEYRE TWITTER ABOUT

Comment

Donaldven Manning

Comment

Donaldven Manning
                                                              THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

You're killing me with the caps lock and incomplete sentences, my man.

Comment

Truth.
                                                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

WHY IS THAT!?! WHEN I (ARNOLD) WALK INTO A ROOM I LOVE TO SCREAM!!!
                                                                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                                                      WHY IS THAT!?! WHEN I (ARNOLD) WALK INTO A ROOM I LOVE TO SCREAM!!!
                                                                      Makes sense when you're Arnie though...

Comment

Why all the yelling???? I was napping....
                                                                        "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

[IMG]<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/m6Md5v2W4Eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                            Makes sense when you're Arnie though...
                                                                            Good thing he didn't choose SAMUEL FREAKIN JACKSON as his avatar.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Praytorian View Post
                                                                              Good thing he didn't choose SAMUEL FREAKIN JACKSON as his avatar.
                                                                              I'M NOT YELLING...THIS IS HOW I TALK!
                                                                              I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                IM SICK OF THESE MUTHA FCKIN SNAKES ON THIS MUTHA FCKIN PLANE!!!

But yea, this kid looks great for a power back. Deceptive speed, good hands.. I'll take him and a Marshall please.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  he is the one in the JoePa skyping pic
                                                                                  EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    There were some posts in this thread that were beyond my ability to make any linguistic sense. In the interest of keeping the rest of us informed, could we be a little more patient with our wording?? I'm interested. I need a little help by putting information into english.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      ISD Freebie

Mahone Looking At Slight Delay

Won't be able to make the trip this week but is now looking at the 25th-26th of June
                                                                                      I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        That's going to be a big weekend.....

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I kind of want to take an unofficial visit to ND that weekend. Everyone else is doing it, apparently.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            could it be a possiblility they got together about this and are planning on committing for those who arn't....I will be taking my talents with me to South Bend :)
                                                                                            EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Sounding like he may not visit after all...
                                                                                              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Kid is a Penn State lock. Not that surprised.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                                  Kid is a Penn State lock. Not that surprised.
                                                                                                  Probably, but got the impression Michigan St. definitely helped itself during his recent visit.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Man...He was the big physical back I wanted...SMH

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X