Cal
    Colorado
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    Oregon
    Oregon St
    Stanford (offer)
    UCLA

any word if his list has gotten a little shorter ?

Comment

Originally posted by JKhrome1ND View Post
      any word if his list has gotten a little shorter ?
      One of my former students is a freshman at St. John Bosco, but he's a basketball player (stud), not a football player. I coach his younger brother and I was talking to him a lot yesterday at our game...wish I had known about this kid yesterday. I'll ask about him next time I see him.

And that school has sent a few kids to some D1 schools. Their QB from 2 years ago (now a reshirt freshman) started for UW over Montana's kid Saturday b/c of Locker's injury. Good sports school...
      sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

I hope he is fast cause he sure is vertically challenged.
        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by irishff1014 View Post
          I hope he is fast cause he sure is vertically challenged.
          Slot WR

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
            One of my former students is a freshman at St. John Bosco, but he's a basketball player (stud), not a football player. I coach his younger brother and I was talking to him a lot yesterday at our game...wish I had known about this kid yesterday. I'll ask about him next time I see him.

And that school has sent a few kids to some D1 schools. Their QB from 2 years ago (now a reshirt freshman) started for UW over Montana's kid Saturday b/c of Locker's injury. Good sports school...
            St.John Bosco is a great school, they are in one of the toughest leagues in Cali with Mater Dei, Servite, Santa Margarita, Orange Lutheran......this was an off year though, they are 4-5 i believe but they should get a win over there next JSerra. Those that don't know SJB is in Bellflower, so they pull alot of good players in LA. i checked out his stats and he's had a pretty good season so far, with 1 game left to add to his stats.

2010 season for Bryce Treggs on a 4-5 team (1 game left)

Offense ................... Catches ~ Yards ~ Avg. ~ Long ~ TD

09/03/10 W 47-21 Mission Hills ......... 8 184 23.00 52 2
            09/10/10 L 7-27 Lakewood .............. 2 33 16.50 17
            09/17/10 W 37-0 Gardena ................ 4 118 29.50 65 1
            09/24/10 W 37-15 Loyola ................. 7 127 18.14 34 2
            10/01/10 W 35-17 La Habra ............ 3 39 13.00 29 1
            10/14/10 L 20-31 Mater Dei .............. 6 114 19.00 66 1
            10/22/10 L 24-32 Servite ................ 10 87 8.70 24 2
            10/29/10 L 41-42 Santa Margarita .... 7 123 17.57 38 1
            11/05/10 L 13-21 OrangeLutheran .... 6 136 22.67 80 1
            11/12/10 -------- JSerra
            .................................................. ... 53 961 18.13 80 11

he also plays DB, his defensive stats are 29 tackles, 5 asset, 34 total, 4 int., 117 yards also had a major part in the return game.
            Last edited by JKhrome1ND; 11-10-2010, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Solid numbers this season

Comment

I saw him play. Not the fastest guy in the world but very quick. I would compare him to Theo/ Justice Hayes. He is a slot WR

Comment

Offered per Rivals

Comment

Visiting for the spring game.

Comment

Calif. wide receiver Bryce Treggs scheduled for Blue-Gold Game

Treggs Scheduled For Campus Visit
                      Jason Sapp BGI

Offers: Arizona State, Cal, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Stanford, UCLA, Washington

Visits: 3/5 Cal (where his dad starred); 4/2 ASU Jr Day; 4/3 Nike Camp @ USC; 4/16 ND B&G Game

Recruiter: Mike Denbrock

'10 Stats: 56 Catches, 1,010 Yds, 12 TD
                      Last edited by BGIF; 03-10-2011, 04:15 AM.

Comment

He confirmed recently in an interview that he'll be at the Blue-Gold game. Also, he said that he was invited to play in the Underarmour AA game but is waiting to hear from the Army AA game. He said that he's going to decide before his season starts so it doesn't become a distraction and they can focus on winning a city championship. He brought up that he loves ND because everyone knows who they are and they have a great history.

Comment

Got a good feeling bout this kid. Will fit the slot perfectly

Comment

During the 7-on-7 tournament, plenty of attention was being paid to the 1925 team, coached by former Trojans Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly. The team did not have usual quarterback Troy Williams (Harbor City, CA/Narbonne), who was playing with Narbonne in the same tournament. As a result, the 1925 receivers struggled to find a rhythm with their quarterbacks through the first game, although that relationship began working more smoothly as the day progressed.

Its easy to miss him at first, but eventually you cant help but notice Mike Davidson (Encino, CA/Crespi). Anything over five feet tall is a generous listing for Davidson, but the guy can flat-out play, and might be at his most impressive during these two-hand-touch games, where he routinely makes people miss in the open field. Obviously his height will impact his recruitment, but Davidson is really fun to watch.

Bryce Treggs (Bellflower, CA/St. John Bosco) is such a smooth football player. He might not be the biggest, fastest or strongest, but hes one of those guys who is going to be in the right place at the right time and will catch anything thrown his way. Treggs had a game-winning catch on the final play of the game in 1925s third contest on Saturday.

Sticking at receiver, USC commit Jordan Payton (Westlake Village, CA/Oaks Christian) had several big impact plays on Saturday afternoon, as he caught what should have been the game-winning pass in the opening game of the day. With just over a minute remaining and trailing by six, Payton got open on a corner route and hauled in a lobbed pass for a score. The opposing team eventually won after receiving a pass-interference call in the endzone on the final play of the game, then scored on the ensuing snap.

WeAreSC.com - Badger Sports Las Vegas Event, Day 1 Report

Update from Las Vegas 7 on 7.
                            Just cover, baby

Comment

Originally posted by NDinNV View Post
                              ... coached by former Trojans Keyshawn Johnson ...

I think my computer needs to be dislimed.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinNV View Post
                                During the 7-on-7 tournament, plenty of attention was being paid to the 1925 team, coached by former Trojans Keyshawn Johnson and Brian Kelly. The team did not have usual quarterback Troy Williams (Harbor City, CA/Narbonne), who was playing with Narbonne in the same tournament. As a result, the 1925 receivers struggled to find a rhythm with their quarterbacks through the first game, although that relationship began working more smoothly as the day progressed.

It’s easy to miss him at first, but eventually you can’t help but notice Mike Davidson (Encino, CA/Crespi). Anything over five feet tall is a generous listing for Davidson, but the guy can flat-out play, and might be at his most impressive during these two-hand-touch games, where he routinely makes people miss in the open field. Obviously his height will impact his recruitment, but Davidson is really fun to watch.

Bryce Treggs (Bellflower, CA/St. John Bosco) is such a smooth football player. He might not be the biggest, fastest or strongest, but he’s one of those guys who is going to be in the right place at the right time and will catch anything thrown his way. Treggs had a game-winning catch on the final play of the game in 1925’s third contest on Saturday.

Sticking at receiver, USC commit Jordan Payton (Westlake Village, CA/Oaks Christian) had several big impact plays on Saturday afternoon, as he caught what should have been the game-winning pass in the opening game of the day. With just over a minute remaining and trailing by six, Payton got open on a corner route and hauled in a lobbed pass for a score. The opposing team eventually won after receiving a pass-interference call in the endzone on the final play of the game, then scored on the ensuing snap.

WeAreSC.com - Badger Sports Las Vegas Event, Day 1 Report

Update from Las Vegas 7 on 7.
                                how great would it be to get both of these receivers

Comment

#13 WR, 4*

Comment

More updates in discussion between Sapp and Lemming

Sapp on Treggs: He thinks we may be a silent leader. Bryce and his dad are meeting with Lemming next Wednesday. Lemming: Hes an exceptional WR, and if ND gets their hands on him theyll have a great and exciting WR.

Comment

A lot of WR talent looking at ND even excluding DGB. Don't know if the staff is looking to take 2 or 3 guys but you have to like our chances of landing 3 top flight guys. The really interesting part?

Carroo is a 5* WR on Scout who has explicitly said he wants an offer from ND... and we have offerred his teammates... but we haven't extended one. That has to make you feel comfortable about our situation.

Comment

I really like Treggs. His offer list doesn't have many elite programs but he fits ND perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                                          I really like Treggs. His offer list doesn't have many elite programs but he fits ND perfect.
                                          Here's his current list of offers:
                                          UAZ
                                          ASU
                                          CAL
                                          CU
                                          GT
                                          ND
                                          ORS
                                          SJS
                                          SU
                                          UCLA
                                          Utah
                                          UW
                                          WSU

I realize you like him but what elite teams would you like to offer him?

Keep in mind that the May Evaluation Period is still a month away. He's a CA kid and has 9 PAC 10 offers. USC already has a couple of ranked WR commits including Scout's #6 WR Jordan Payton. ASU also has 2.

Texas has 2 of Scout's Top 10 WRs. OU has 2 including Scout's #11. Other progams with Scout ranked WRs include ALA, AUB, OKS, TT, ARK, CL, UF, UGA, A&M 2, et al. Also remember that the FL schools have a big pool of local talent they don't have to a couple of thousand miles to cast their nets.

AND, Scout has him as their #13 WR.

Comment

Florida, FSU, Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, etc.

A great offer list, but not elite

Comment

I'm with BGIF on this. There is an analysis that needs to go with our assessments of such things, and I think that BGIF's is spot-on. Example: I could imagine a top five quarterback being out there one year and Alabama, the Florida schools, Texas, and Oklahoma having their guys stacked up, the guy's location being out of their normal recruiting range, and them being scared of "leans" they've been hearing, so they go with what they can count on. [essentially what BGIF is saying]. That QBs list would be as "elite" as any could be under the conditions. When you add to that a USC without any numbers to give, and an Oregon under a pall of suspicion, I believe that the last thing bothering me is this fellow's offer list.

Comment

Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                                                Florida, FSU, Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, etc.

A great offer list, but not elite
                                                I'd say an ND offer is elite... :)

Comment

I hear what he's saying, though. I'll admit, I too look at the offer list and see who's buying into a kid and I will use that as a way to evaluate them at times. I've used this analogy as recent as this year with Baratti...i'm not saying it's right, but it is a way for a non expert like me to evaluate the talent we're recruiting.

Florida, Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, Florida ST, Michigan, Ohio St, USC, Texas, and a few more. if you've got an offer from one of these guys you're in elite company.
                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                    A lot of WR talent looking at ND even excluding DGB. Don't know if the staff is looking to take 2 or 3 guys but you have to like our chances of landing 3 top flight guys. The really interesting part?

Carroo is a 5* WR on Scout who has explicitly said he wants an offer from ND... and we have offerred his teammates... but we haven't extended one. That has to make you feel comfortable about our situation.
                                                    I am confused. Rivals has him as offered. Who is right here?

I am hoping for Treggs to have an outstanding visit. The kid is a baller.

Comment

Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                                                      I am confused. Rivals has him as offered. Who is right here?

I am hoping for Treggs to have an outstanding visit. The kid is a baller.
                                                      Jason Sapp, BGI, reported an offer in an article over a month ago. I posted it a link in Post #11 of this thread.

... "I've always had my eye on Notre Dame," the 5-11, 158-pound St. John Bosco High player told 247Sports national analyst JC Shurburtt. "Because of the tradition basically. Everybody knows about them, so it was good to get the offer." ...

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                        Jason Sapp, BGI, reported an offer in an article over a month ago. I posted it a link in Post #11 of this thread.
                                                        He was confused over Leonte Carroo not having an offer, BGIF, not Treggs, if I am interpreting him correctly. Would gladly take either or both.
                                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Yea sorry. At first I wanted to talk about how I think Treggs is awesome. Then I saw Lax' post, so I had to ask about Carroo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                            He was confused over Leonte Carroo not having an offer, BGIF, not Treggs, if I am interpreting him correctly. Would gladly take either or both.

My error, mea culpa.

Comment

Carroo said on rivals a few days ago that he hasn't been offered. He said he doesnt have any favorites and is just waiting on notre dame.
                                                              "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

was "blown away" by visit. we are sitting pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                    was "blown away" by visit. we are sitting pretty.
                                                                    Sweet! still will be a tough pull away from the CA schools

Comment

planning on coming back for the USC Game.

Comment

So many WR offers to guys who have legit interest. Almost none of these guys have a consensus rating anywhere.... and I personally have no idea who I would "prefer." I'm guessing we take 3 so whoever wants in better hurry up.

Comment

Most likely 3 guys. Spots are probably going to be close to filled come end of summer.

Comment

Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                            planning on coming back for the USC Game.
                                                                            he has said he going commit by this summer so that could be good news

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I'm pretty sure that it is Kelly's philosophy to take three very good ones per year if at least one can play slot and at least one is big on the outside. [Daniels and GAIII were a perfect two last year, but we whiffed on Carlisle. At least that's how I saw what he was doing, given his Pass-dominant system and his continued concerns about having big receivers for one if not two spots outside].

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I would probably agree with that assessment. But having Dorial Green-Beckham wouldn't be bad regardless of the recruiting mold. haha

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishInColumbus View Post
                                                                                  I would probably agree with that assessment. But having Dorial Green-Beckham wouldn't be bad regardless of the recruiting mold. haha
                                                                                  Agreed, Get DGB and take your pick of the rest of the WR's. Or, you could put Darby in the slot and go after Geno Smith.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post
                                                                                    Agreed, Get DGB and take your pick of the rest of the WR's. Or, you could put Darby in the slot and go after Geno Smith.
                                                                                    Not happening.

DGB is gonna be a really tough pull. Like Marshall, we have little shot unless we land a visit. I think we'll get three out of these five: Treggs, Ferguson, Carroo, Darboh, and Greenberry. I'd be very happy with any combination of three.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                      Not happening.

DGB is gonna be a really tough pull. Like Marshall, we have little shot unless we land a visit. I think we'll get three out of these five: Treggs, Ferguson, Carroo, Darboh, and Greenberry. I'd be very happy with any combination of three.
                                                                                      Yeah, as you said the above scenario is definitely not happening. I think we have a better shot at DGB than Marshall... I just get the vibe from Marshall that he's going to end up somewhere south of the Mason-Dixon line. With DGB, I would personally be surprised if we didn't end up in his top 5. He keeps everything so close to the vest but I think we're going to be pushing for him hard.... and I like our chances when we go after someone hard.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by irishbird View Post
                                                                                        he has said he going commit by this summer so that could be good news
                                                                                        Where did you hear that? Every interview that I've read for the past several months, including 2 today, has said that he will take all 5 officials and then make up his mind.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          ya i agree with NDLA. he said he is shutting down his visits till the fall most likely.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            i though he did interview on 247sports a while back and he would decide before school start back i could have mix up with another player maybe someone seen interview help me out

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              interview was on march 9 you pull it up on youtube

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Per ESPN:

Wide receiver Bryce Treggs (Bellflower, Calif./St. John Bosco) took an unofficial visit to Notre Dame over the weekend to check out the Irish spring game.

"I was there for the spring game and had a really good time," Treggs said. "The weather was terrible, it was cold and rainy the whole time but I loved the game and Notre Dame is a great place. They have great fans, I like the coaches and I met some great people out there. I really like everything about the school and I definitely think Notre Dame would be a nice fit for me."

Treggs has already taken visits to Cal, Stanford, USC and UCLA and will head to the Northwest later this month.

"I'm going to visit Washington April 30," Treggs said. "Right now, I'm still thinking about committing early but I need to talk it over with my dad. If not, I'll take my trips and go through the recruiting process some more."
                                                                                                This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by irishbird View Post
                                                                                                  interview was on march 9 you pull it up on youtube
                                                                                                  It's crazy how a kid will tell one reporter one thing and tell another reporter a completely different thing. Then again, they are 16 and 17 years-old, so I shouldn't be surprised by it...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                                    It's crazy how a kid will tell one reporter one thing and tell another reporter a completely different thing. Then again, they are 16 and 17 years-old, so I shouldn't be surprised by it...
                                                                                                    Are we still expected to be trailing?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X