Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 IN WR Gehrig Dieter (Alabama Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 IN WR Gehrig Dieter (Alabama Transfer)

Wide Receiver
    South Bend IN Washington HS

Measureables
    Ht: 6-3
    Wt: 210
    40: 4.50
    Bench: 275
    Squat: 375
    Shuttle: 4.41
    3Cone: 7.01
    Vertical: 33
    GPA: 3.4
    Test:

STATS
    '11: 82 Catches, 2181 Yards, 24 TDs
    '10: 48 Catches, 985 Yards, 11 TDs
    '09: 63 Catches, 1167 Yards, 15 TDs

RANKING
    Rivals: , NR WR, Rating 5.6
    Scout: , , #104 WR
    ESPN: , #220 WR, Grade 71
    247: , #78 WR, Rating 87

OFFERS
    SMU (OV 12/9/11)
    Kansas (OV 12/16/11)
    Akron
    Ball St
    Bowling Green
    Central Michigan
    Northern Illinois
    Toledo
    Western Michigan

INTEREST
    Oregon (OV 12/2/11)
    Notre Dame (Jr Day 11, camp '10)
    Indiana
    Northwestern
    Ohio St (camp '10)
    Purdue

ND RECRUITER: Hinton

DECISION: 1/3/12 SMU Verbal
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-03-2012, 09:37 PM. Reason: Decision

Freebie Article at ISD

Dieter Makes Impression At ND Camp
    by Steve Wiltfong
    19 June 2010

Notre Dame Football - Dieter Makes Impression At ND Camp

His coaches are:
    Head Coach iAntwon Jones, a former Notre Dame defensive lineman (1996-99)
    Receiverís Coach is former Irish pass catcher Jay Johnson (1997-00)
    Secondary Coach is former Irish safety Jarvis Edison (1994-97)

As a soph he put up bigger number than incoming ND WR Daniel Smith

Ran a 4.6 40 at ND camp

ND WR Coach Tony Alford asked him to stay late for some more drills.

Comment

Dieter will be attending camp at Wisconsin on the 28th and also Michigan State on July 12. He is traveling to Alabama to play in a national 7 on 7 as part of a Sout.com Indiana/Kentucky All-Star team.

Tom Lemming will have him is his August publication and has already invited to the US Army combine in January in San Antonio......

Made visits to Florida and USF earlier in the spring. Was offered last week by Bowling Green at their 7 on 7.
      Last edited by Panther; 06-24-2010, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Sweet name... sounds like a German superhero or action star.

Comment

WOW... his name is Gehrig... my wife and I thought we were the only ones to go there... we've already decided the first boy will be Gehrig... the next girl will be Jackie Robinson

;)
          This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

His coach(Jones) is from my hometown and went to high school with my brother. We remember when Lou came and recruited him!

Comment

From Tom Lemming 2010 Summer Prep Football Report Page 96
              6-3 210 4.6 South Bend Washington
              "Will rank as the top WR in the state for next season. He is named after baseball hall-of-famer Lou Gehrig. On film-Dieter certaintly shows the same kind of power that made the Yankee first baseman famous. He touches the balls with his hands, can run through tackles like no one's business, is as strong as they come, runs precise routes, is an excellent downfield blocker, and is as strong as a TE. The first game on film shows him catching 10 passes for 210 yards and 5 TD's. He presents excellent leaping ability, strength, and timing, and is a load for defenders to handle.
              Stats-He caught 63 passes for 1, 163 yards and 15 TD's in 09. He also totaled 20 tackles and 1 pick seeing part time duty as FS.
              Other sports-He has been timed as 11.3 100 and a 52 flat 400 meters in track.
              Grades- His GPA 3.5 Benches 285 and has a 33" VJ
              Favorite Schools-NOTRE DAME, MI,FLA, OH STATE,TN, USC and TX."

Comment

From the area (South Bend) Panther?

Comment

You bet there TT.
                  South Bend Tribune: Washington High football players, agency, Home Depot team up to help elderly

Comment

Aug 20
                    225 yards on 6 catches, 2TD's, 3 sacks, 5 tackles 1 fumble recovery in 28-21 loss to Clay

Comment

Thanks for the updates...sounds like he had a MONSTER game!
                      sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

I went to the game and he looked good not great. Those stats came from mainly two catches that he ran open the whole field. However, in consideration his quarterback didn't look very good either. He just didnt look like Florida/Notre Dame talent to me but i'm not urban or kelly. lol He didn't have that twitchy speed of a top notch receiver, he is big and is filled out rather strong. May be more of a possesion receiver than anything.

Comment

Originally posted by adsnorri View Post
                          I went to the game and he looked good not great. Those stats came from mainly two catches that he ran open the whole field. However, in consideration his quarterback didn't look very good either. He just didnt look like Florida/Notre Dame talent to me but i'm not urban or kelly. lol He didn't have that twitchy speed of a top notch receiver, he is big and is filled out rather strong. May be more of a possesion receiver than anything.
                          I'll take 37.5 a reception anyday..plus he is only a junior.

Comment

He could very well be another Daniel Smith (former SB Clay WR). Smith played on a similarly poor team @ Clay and now is earning praise as a freshman from Brian Kelly. They aren't necessarily similar in skill set, but similar in being extremely talented while being under exposed, due to the lackluster teams they play on.

If these talented SB athletes attended Penn/Mishawaka/Concord, they would probably be better utilized and play on far superior teams that perennially generate more exposure. Playing for SBCS teams really hampers their publicity at times.

Comment

Originally posted by MacIrish75 View Post
                              He could very well be another Daniel Smith (former SB Clay WR). Smith played on a similarly poor team @ Clay and now is earning praise as a freshman from Brian Kelly. They aren't necessarily similar in skill set, but similar in being extremely talented while being under exposed, due to the lackluster teams they play on.

If these talented SB athletes attended Penn/Mishawaka/Concord, they would probably be better utilized and play on far superior teams that perennially generate more exposure. Playing for SBCS teams really hampers their publicity at times.
                              thats very true, if South Bend would go back to one central high school, like South Bend Central use to be way back in the day. South Bend would have one of the best teams in the state.

but i know that would never happen, so all the talent is spread around, and the coaches aren't always top tier, but it seems like they are getting some what better but still not elite coaches

Comment

Well, I would say that could never happen, but it has already happened in Indianapolis with Superintendent Eugene White's vision of magnet schools. He basically reorganized the entire IPS district so that any student athlete who wants to excel at sports now attends Indianapolis Tech HS.

I wouldn't bet that SB would do something similar, but with the IPS situation it is not 'unprecedented' anymore.

Comment

I agree that South Bend schools athletics aren't the greatest especially football but the team that Dieter plays for is ranked #10 in the state. Now how is that a lackluster team. They also won a share of the NIC title last year and were ranked as high as #4 in the state and absolutely destroyed Mishawaka 24-0 as well as almost beating Penn. Dieter is a big part that success and is a gamer so don't take him lightly. He may not be a 4.4 guy but he is as smooth as they come runs great routes and somehow manages to turn a 15 yard reception into a 70 yard touchdown on a consistent basis. Definitely a RKG!!!!

Comment

Or maybe the Irish are looking at him as at the S position. Kelley and his staff have said they want their S to be big, strong , and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by DaBLKIrishman View Post
                                      I agree that South Bend schools athletics aren't the greatest especially football but the team that Dieter plays for is ranked #10 in the state. Now how is that a lackluster team. They also won a share of the NIC title last year and were ranked as high as #4 in the state and absolutely destroyed Mishawaka 24-0 as well as almost beating Penn. Dieter is a big part that success and is a gamer so don't take him lightly. He may not be a 4.4 guy but he is as smooth as they come runs great routes and somehow manages to turn a 15 yard reception into a 70 yard touchdown on a consistent basis. Definitely a RKG!!!!
                                      yeah i just watched a video of him, '12 IN WR Gehrig Dieter

and he is a good talent, but Washington was just beat by South Bend Clay, which was 2-8 a year ago. So the team is good but not "that" good. They have another reciever on their team which is Darius Hardin, they kind of remind me of ND at times in the sense that they have a good offense that can score because they have good recievers but just not the whole overall product. But I do hope they do well because almost all my family are alum of SB Washington. Always been a fan.

but more on him rather than his team, i can see him really developing in the next two years into a top reciever, if not one of the better ones in the nation

Comment

Guys, I will say he is definately not another Daniel smith! Daniel smith is going to be a great receiver not good but great. He was very underrated from a highly poor team with a new coach. Now this year I will say clay looks like they are going to be very good. The coaching and players seem to be hitting stride. There is a player on clay that does look like high level talent, not sure of his name but he was killing Washington and he is that fast, twitchy player , #11. I'll keep u updated. Back to dieter, he has a poor quarterback like I said but even with the ball in his hands, which Washington clearly gameplanned for, he still did not look great. Last year, Washington was ranked highly because of their quarterback slinging it around. Still, there's no comparison in athleticism between D. Smith and dieter. I'm from south bend and would love for talent from here to be recognized bc it really Is deserved. Just can't see him being a difference maker.

He's more of that safety were looking for, he's built like a safety.

Comment

Guys, I will say he is definately not another Daniel smith! Daniel smith is going to be a great receiver not good but great. He was very underrated from a highly poor team with a new coach. Now this year I will say clay looks like they are going to be very good. The coaching and players seem to be hitting stride. There is a player on clay that does look like high level talent, not sure of his name but he was killing Washington and he is that fast, twitchy player , #11. I'll keep u updated. Back to dieter, he has a poor quarterback like I said but even with the ball in his hands, which Washington clearly gameplanned for, he still did not look great. Last year, Washington was ranked highly because of their quarterback slinging it around. Still, there's no comparison in athleticism between D. Smith and dieter. I'm from south bend and would love for talent from here to be recognized bc it really Is deserved. Just can't see him being a difference maker.

He's more of that safety were looking for, he's built like a safety.
                                          YouTube - Gehrig Dieter Washington HS Game #1 2010

Smith is good kid but never would go over the middle to get a ball. His catches were based on out jumping small corners. #4 was all over the field on both sides of ball.
                                          Gman is a stud
                                          Last edited by NDinL.A.; 08-21-2010, 10:16 PM. Reason: We don't rip on athletes before they've ever even played a game for ND on this site. Thanks.

Comment

YouTube - Gehrig Dieter Washington HS Game #1 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Panther View Post
                                              Aug 20
                                              3 sacks, 5 tackles 1 fumble recovery
                                              Not the stats your typical WR puts up huh?
                                              Just believe.

Comment

Nice video. Saw it over on the GID, DD. Hopefully your boy keeps up the good work!

Comment

Does anyone know where this kid projects at the next level? Does he have more of a frame for TE or maybe LB? He definitely has a nose for the ball, kinda reminds me of The Shark.
                                                  "If you're afraid of competition, maybe you shouldn't come to Notre Dame." -Brian Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Irish.Ca View Post
                                                    Not the stats your typical WR puts up huh?
                                                    Neither were the receiving stats Panther posted. He was busy on both sides of the ball.

Aug 20
                                                    225 yards on 6 catches, 2TD's, 3 sacks, 5 tackles 1 fumble recovery in 28-21 loss to Clay

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFan1277 View Post
                                                      Does anyone know where this kid projects at the next level? Does he have more of a frame for TE or maybe LB? He definitely has a nose for the ball, kinda reminds me of The Shark.
                                                      Right now WR based on 60+ receptions as a soph, that's where Rivals and Scout have him. But he's playing where his team needs him not necessarily where he's best suited.

What will his body be like in 2 years? Does he stay 6-3, 210 and be a WR or S or does he bulk up into a TE or LB? It's really early.

Regardless of where he ends up, he seems like the versatile athlete that Kelly seems to favor.

Comment

adsnorri....he ran in the open field because he OUTRAN the entire defense...the passes were caught at 25 and 30 yds out, on the first one he shed the corner with one hit..check out the highlights YouTube - Gehrig Dieter Washington HS Game #1 2010 and decide for yourself

Comment

N.B. Video moved to Daniel Smith Profile

Last edited by BGIF; 08-22-2010 at 05:59 PM.. Reason: This is Dieter's Thread not Smith's.

Not sure if Panther knows what hes talking about when he says D. Smith doesn't go over the middle?? I like dieter but don't love him. Stats are real good but, I have just realized how flawed stats and highlight videos are. I mean really, he had a great game if you look at the video and the stats but if you were there and were watching... eh not that good. Panther Im sure you have some type of affiliation, great. I highly doubt he will even play receiver at the next level, looks like a rkg though and will project either at safety or OLB... imo lol. I hope he has a great year though and best wishes to him.

Its pretty hard to say that stats are flawed but it really was basically two fly patterns that were about 160 of his 225 yards. With that being said, he executed and ran the play to the best of his ability so eh... good job!!
                                                          Last edited by BGIF; 08-26-2010, 11:35 AM. Reason: This is Dieter's Thread not Smith's.

Comment

From the mods:

Panther, your post was DELETED.

Apparently you didn't get the hint. This is a Recruit Profile about Gehrig Dieter, you post about THIS recruit in THIS profile.

Take the Daniel Smith critique to the Daniel Smith thread. It's in the 2010 Recruiting Subforum. A reference to Smith was one thing. I don't care if you're a coach, father, brother, or a casual observer. Whatever, your credibility for evaluation suffered appreciably with the posting of the Daniel Smith video which files in the face of your comments. The Smith video has been relocated to the Daniel Smith thread.

Panther and adsnorri, check your PMs. - BGIF
                                                            Last edited by NDinL.A.; 08-23-2010, 12:11 AM. Reason: Enough!

Comment

SCOUT.COM report

Dieter Goes Off in First Game
                                                              By Allen Trieu
                                                              Midwest Regional Manager
                                                              Posted Aug 25, 2010

Scout.com: Dieter Goes Off in First Game

South Bend (Ind.) Washington junior Gehrig Dieter rolled up great numbers on both sides of the ball in his first game. See the highlights right here.
                                                              N.B. EDITED - This is a premium article. Paraphrase the gist, don't cut and paste. And please provide a Link to articles when posting them.

GEHRIG DIETER vs SOUTH BEND CLAY (8/20/2010)
                                                              Last edited by BGIF; 08-26-2010, 11:42 AM. Reason: Premium article

Comment

SCOUT.COM report

Dieter Goes Off in First Game
                                                                By Allen Trieu
                                                                Midwest Regional Manager
                                                                Posted Aug 25, 2010

South Bend (Ind.) Washington junior Gehrig Dieter rolled up great numbers on both sides of the ball in his first game. See the highlights right here.

South Bend Washington fell in their first game to crosstown rival South Bend Clay, but Gehrig Dieter did everything he could to keep his team in it.
                                                                The 6'3, 210-lb junior caught six passes for 225 yards and two touchdowns. On defense, he had three sacks, a fumble recovery, and numerous quarterback hurries and pass breakups.

Dieter, who has a Bowling Green offer, and lots of college interest, has great size and football instincts. I think he could play receiver, strong safety or even outside linebacker in college. He is a definite BCS prospect and it will be interesting to see which offers come along.

GEHRIG DIETER vs SOUTH BEND CLAY (8/20/2010)

Daddy likes...

6'3" 210 as a junior

Comment

Was sidelines at Purdue game and will be there this Saturday at Michigan game
                                                                  YouTube - Gehrig Dieter On the Rise
                                                                  Last edited by Panther; 09-14-2010, 05:59 PM.

Comment

YouTube - Gehrig blocking a field goal

Comment

Gehrig just named top 100 In Midwest by Scout.com for class of 2012
                                                                      Scout.com: Midwest 2012 Watch List

Comment

Named to Scout.com
                                                                        Top 100 in Midwest for Class of 2012

Comment

Can you please disclose your affiliation my man? BTW Dieter looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                            Can you please disclose your affiliation my man? BTW Dieter looks good.
                                                                            Father

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Thank you, sir. Happy to have you aboard! Good luck to Gehrig this season. Hope he gets an offer

PS - Awesome name

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Father
                                                                                Seems like parents of recruits are flooding to IE (well just one confirmed to IE).
                                                                                sigpic

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  look at the hops on this kid! wow

YouTube - Gehrig Dieter On the Rise

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    PANTHER welcome aboard... your kid looks special... and Go Irish

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Father
                                                                                      Welcome aboard! Keep posting!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Father
                                                                                        wecome aboard. this is a great site with good people.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Just named Burger King Student/Athlete of the week.
                                                                                          Outstanding Student Athlete: Gehrig Dieter | WSBT - News, Weather, Sports South Bend | Sports
                                                                                          Last edited by Panther; 09-16-2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Mid season highlight dvd
                                                                                            YouTube - Gehrig Dieter Mid Season Highlight

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Thanks for the highlights. Looks like he is having a good year.
                                                                                              2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Offense- He doesn't have explosive speed but he has good game speed. Shows a lot of ability to make something happen after the catch with solid physical running. Seems to have great awareness of the defender and his position on the field.
                                                                                                Defense- Has a nose for the ball and makes some solid plays in the backfield.
                                                                                                Great video.... looks like a solid season thus far. You must be very proud as a father. Best of luck in the recruiting process.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                                                  Offense- He doesn't have explosive speed but he has good game speed.
                                                                                                  um, he is the fastest kid on the field in every highlight. unless his competition if nothing but plodders, i would say he certainly has "explosive speed"...

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by rocket31 View Post
                                                                                                    um, he is the fastest kid on the field in every highlight. unless his competition if nothing but plodders, i would say he certainly has "explosive speed"...
                                                                                                    ummm, 4.6 is not EXPLOSIVE speed for a WR. Highschool defenders are a little different from division one college defenders. 4.6 is not explosive but as I already said, he has very solid game speed and knows how to use his body to make catches in traffic. Looks like he could be a very solid possession reciever. I like how physical he is.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X