Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'12 CA CB Tee Shepard (Ole Miss Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '12 CA CB Tee Shepard (Ole Miss Transfer)

Cornerback
    Fresno CA, Central East HS

Ht: 6-1
    Wt: 18040: 4.71
    Shuttle: 4.42
    Broad Jump: 8-6

STATS
    '09:

RANKINGS
    Rivals: , #5 CB, National #63, Rating 5.9
    Scout: , #3 CB
    ESPN: , #7 CB, National #89, Rating 80
    247: , #4 CB, National 46, Rating 96

OFFERS
    Notre Dame
    Alabama
    Arizona
    Arizona St
    Auburn
    Cal
    Colorado
    Miami
    Oregon St
    Southern Cal
    UCLA
    UNLV
    Washington

ND RECRUITER: Mike Denbrock

DECISION: 3/2/11 Notre Dame Verbal
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 08-01-2014, 05:21 AM. Reason: transfer

He's got a 4.71 40 listed from a '09 Combine but college scouts think he's a prime time DB. He got rave reviews at a Nike Combine held in Palo Alto last month. Two weeks later ND extended a verbal offer and Shepard put them at the top of his list according to Scout. Depending upon his growth, he's just finished his sophomore year, he could be a CB or S in college.

Comment

Shepard turns heads

Sophomore CB Tee Shepard turns heads at Stanford Nike camp - ESPN
      Greg Biggins ESPN
      5/31

There wasn't a more impressive defensive back at the recent Nike Camp at Stanford than sophomore Tee Shepard (Fresno, Calif./Central). Shepard has a chance to be among the nation's top corner prospects in two years and just picked up a couple of huge offers in the last week.

Shepard is a good sized corner at 6-feet, 180 pounds with long arms and great quickness. He can press and has shown a great ability to explode out of his backpedal. Prior to the Nike camp, UNLV and Eastern Michigan had offered Shepard and several heavyweight programs have now come forth as well.
      "He's blowing up," Central coach Tony Perry said. "Notre Dame just offered him yesterday. Arizona State, Arizona and Oregon offered right after the camp and USC and UCLA are showing a ton of interest as well.

Comment

Top three of Oregon, Arizona, and Notre Dame.

Considered one of the best DB's in the nation for the 2012 class.

Cali High's Top 15: #6 Tee Shepard | Cali High Sports | CaliHighSports.com
        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Alabama, California, Miami and USC also offered.
          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

4.7 is a pretty impressive time for a kid that age. I bet that number will be 2 tenths better minimum next year. I had a kid that ran a 4.8 his ninth grade year and was timed his Freshman year at MS. State at a 4.52. His cousin ran a mid 4.7 in the spring of his freshman year and when he went to Ms. State, his time was 4.43.
            GOD BLESS AMERICA

Comment

6'1" is good size for a corner. I like it.

Comment

Ive seen this kid play first hand, teammates with Brendan Bigalow who also received an offer from ND. Kids a stud and his HS produces some very athletic players. At 6'1 he'll fit right in with Diaco/Martin's idea of a college corner. Hope he visits
                "Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.
                " - Lou Holtz

Comment

4.7?!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                    Alabama, California, Miami and USC also offered.
                    Good list...would love to get this guy

Comment

Appears to have very real interest in ND but this guy will be a national recruit. Gonna be a battle, fits Diaco's scheme perfectly

Comment

Race to see who the first 2012 commit is gonna be this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                          This is just a guess, but I think it'll be Jordan Diamond.
                          sigpic

Comment

4.71 is not that fast is that right?
                            One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
                            Knute Rockne

Comment

Originally posted by PatsandBostonfan1975 View Post
                              4.71 is not that fast is that right?
                              For a premier CB....it's below slow.

Comment

Maurice Clarrett ran slower combine times, and he was a beast in college. 40 times don't always translate to the field, especially if you don't learn good form for running 40s. Just think about it. How many times do players have to run 40 yards straight ahead with their head down?

Comment

Originally posted by NCDomer View Post
                                  Maurice Clarrett ran slower combine times, and he was a beast in college. 40 times don't always translate to the field, especially if you don't learn good form for running 40s. Just think about it. How many times do players have to run 40 yards straight ahead with their head down?
                                  Agreed but 4.7 still jumps out. As dumb this sounds if i saw 4.6 would have not even commented but 4.71 for corner is something to look at.
                                  Knute Rockne

Comment

Agreed but 4.7 still jumps out. As dumb this sounds if i saw 4.6 would have not even commented but 4.71 for corner is something to look at.
                                    Don't know where that time comes from. Rivals has no 40 listed and Scout has him at 4.5, but no verified time.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                      Don't know where that time comes from. Rivals has no 40 listed and Scout has him at 4.5, but no verified time.
                                      First post by BGIF.

Comment

First post by BGIF.
                                        I mean, Big IF got that time from a site, i don't know where that 40 time came from.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                          I mean, Big IF got that time from a site, i don't know where that 40 time came from.
                                          Got that 40 time from the Scout JR combine. In his profile it lists 4.5, but below it lists his combine time. Doesn't matter, he is still a blue chip recruit and someone I hope we can reel in.

Scout.com: Tee Shepard Profile

Comment

4.7 at an '09 combine...it's 2011 now. how old is a junior in high school? 17? so he ran a 4.7 as a 15 year old? maybe 16? how many 15 or 16 year old kids do you know who are fully developed physically? I'd be willing to bet that he runs in the high 4.4's right now and by the time he's at ND (because Diaco will tell him to come) he will be running 4.4 40 times...even as a 17 year old he is not at his physical peak. he has a long way to go with his speed. the future is bright for this kid!

Comment

Denbrock was at his school last week. Hopes to visit in the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishFBfanatic View Post
                                                4.7 at an '09 combine...it's 2011 now. how old is a junior in high school? 17? so he ran a 4.7 as a 15 year old? maybe 16? how many 15 or 16 year old kids do you know who are fully developed physically? I'd be willing to bet that he runs in the high 4.4's right now and by the time he's at ND (because Diaco will tell him to come) he will be running 4.4 40 times...even as a 17 year old he is not at his physical peak. he has a long way to go with his speed. the future is bright for this kid!
                                                Brother at 17 years old I ran a 4.9 And I am and awkwardly white. I hope he's football fast !
                                                Knute Rockne

Comment

40 times aren't really that big of a deal. Obviously he is regarded as a top corner for 2012 so I'm sure that he is plenty fast enough. I'm just worried about if he has good hips or not. Also if he can make open field tackles on 210 pound RB's.

Comment

"I believe that Jake spoke with Tee last week and didn't feel like this guy was "feeling" ND at all."

Pete Sampson
                                                    Editor -- Irish Illustrated

"Geno Smith said he wanted to visit Notre Dame in the spring. Seemed like a good fit.

I talked to Tee last week and it was just kind of an odd conversation. Not really sure how else to describe it. For all the recent buzz about his interest in Notre Dame, he couldn't even say if they'd been to his school in the last few weeks."

Jake Brown
                                                    Recruiting Analyst -- Irish Illustrated

Everyone keeps saying this kid is "feeling" us, well stop dreaming until he actually says that. Two guys that spoke to him very recently disagree with that idea and it isn't b.s. but the truth. Anyone here seen or heard about Geno Smith? You want to get excited, get excited about him. Watch his film and tell me that is not an elite CB. His 40 time is not a problem unless your on the offense.
                                                    peace

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                      Gehrig Dieter if he gets an offer Junior day.
                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Brother at 17 years old I ran a 4.9 And I am and awkwardly white. I hope he's football fast !
                                                        I thought I was fast in h.s. too, then I ran my 40 and my best was a 4.8 clocked by hand, which is never accurate. Ha! Gosh I sucked compared to these guys.
                                                        Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

The ink from signing day is still fresh. CBS College Sports, Football Recruiting Analyst Tom Lemming steps in with a review of the 2011 class. - wsbtradio.com

In this interview, apparently said ND leads, told Matt Hegarty he's probably joining him.
                                                          sigpic

Comment

Tom Lemming said he was speaking to Matt Hegarty, and Tee Shepard came over and said he'll probably be joining Hegarty at ND next year.

Comment

Lets just hope he keeps thinking this way until nthis time next year.
                                                              Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                Tom Lemming said he was speaking to Matt Hegarty, and Tee Shepard came over and said he'll probably be joining Hegarty at ND next year.
                                                                It's early but I hope your right. I remember James Hurst saying something along the same line to lemming a couple years ago. That didn't work out to well. I like Zach Martin better anyways. Hurst was overrate.

Comment

Tee Shepard names ND as his favorite - ESPN

Looking good!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                    Great find! This could be a huge first commit for us. Hopefully we can get the guy to campus soon.

Comment

Comment

potential 5 star?

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                          potential 5 star?
                                                                          Best cover corner in the class IMO...not the most aggressive corner, but impossible to throw against. With some time in Longo's conditioning program, Im sure he'd become very physical and a great shut down corner for the Irish!

Comment

Good to hear we need to get him comitted early.
                                                                            Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Best cover corner in the class IMO...not the most aggressive corner, but impossible to throw against. With some time in Longo's conditioning program, Im sure he'd become very physical and a great shut down corner for the Irish!
                                                                              That is great to read.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                +1 have Haggerty call him every day.
                                                                                Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  This kid is a "must get". By far the most important recruit for Notre Dame in 2012.

He has us as his #1. I think if we continue doing what we are doing and WIN, then we have a better than average shot to land him.
                                                                                  Originally posted by koonja
                                                                                  I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    If he's one of the top corners in the country he will get early playing time for us, which means less time in the weightroom with Longo, unless he's an early enrollee.

Would love to get a few elite corners committed early!!
                                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      YouTube - Tee´╗┐ Shepard #14 hightlight 2010

Last year's highlights.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Top three of Oregon, Arizona, and Notre Dame.

Considered one of the best DB's in the nation for the 2012 class.

Cali High's Top 15: #6 Tee Shepard | Cali High Sports | CaliHighSports.com
                                                                                        This article is an amazing read if youre interested in this guy. my favorite part:

Tee Shepard has been anointed as a superstar cornerback since he was just a freshman. Back then, Shepard was voted the best underclassman at the 2009 San Francisco Scout.com Combine and was able to go toe to toe with now USC receiver Markeith Ambles. At that time, Ambles was a junior, a superstar, with an incredibly developed body. Yet the tiny Tee was able to matchup with Markeith and slow him down because of his incredible skill and superior instincts.

Also when it talks about his jamming ability and physical play, that answers a lot of questions. And the fact that it compares him to Derrelle Revis, well that is quite a compliment!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                                          Great find! This could be a huge first commit for us. Hopefully we can get the guy to campus soon.
                                                                                          He is not going to announce until the AA Game.....next year...this will be a long recruitment
                                                                                          2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                            He is not going to announce until the AA Game.....next year...this will be a long recruitment
                                                                                            With that said, not to burst any bubbles, but early favorites right now mean very very little.
                                                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                              Why you gotta always bring a brotha down?

Thanks for the heads up though.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Tee Shepard Commits to ND!!!!

According to Scout and ISD, stud DB Tee Shepard commits to ND!!!
                                                                                                sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Heerree we go!
                                                                                                  "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Yes!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X