'09: (So.) Rushing: 600 Yards, 11 TDs Passing: 4,540 Yards 46 TDs 60.9%
    '08: (Fr.) Rushing: 347 Yards, 8 TDs Passing: 3,309 Yards 36 TDs 62.0%

RANKINGS:
    Rivals: NA
    Scout: NA
    ESPN: NA

OFFERS
    N.A. Soph
    Last edited by BGIF; 05-01-2010, 11:45 AM.
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Brother of Former Wake Forest and Cincinnati QB Ben Mauk

Consider to be one of top QBs for 2012 Class

According to ISD:

He was on the ND campus for the 3rd time this Saturday

O$U will be a big contender
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Ben Mauk was a gamer and very tough. If Maty is similar and is considered a better prospect then he should be a stud.

Comment

played basketball against older brother Ben in high school. dude defined competitor.

Ben and Maty's father, Mike, is the head coach. Kenton loves to throw it all over the yard. They simply try to outscore everybody. Last year Maty put it up 567 times in just 12 games.

Kenton plays in Div. 3 in Ohio. Ohio has 6 divisions for football with Div. 1 being the largest.
        Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

Sophomore Hi-lite vid

YouTube - Maty Mauk 2009

Comment

That highlight vid was incredible. He looks like Tim Tebow with more speed and an incredible arm. It's hard to believe he's only a sophomore. I really hope we get the chance to see him in Kelley's offense.

Comment

Holy crap. Nice video.

Comment

kids a beast like a train
                God Country Notre Dame
                http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

36 TDs passing as a freshman??? Insane!
                  2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Reminds me of Vince Young; the way he throws, breaks tackles, creates with his feet, holds the ball on the run.

Comment

vince young? tell me you are joking?

he is half his size with half his speed.

this kid has terrible foot work, terrible throwing mechanics, and plays against terrible competition.

i really hope we land gray crow over this guy, i know that sounds disrespectful, but i can not see notre dame going from clausen, crist, bubba sterling...to this?

you have to be kidding me

Comment

your right

Originally posted by rocket31 View Post
                        vince young? tell me you are joking?

he is half his size with half his speed.

this kid has terrible foot work, terrible throwing mechanics, and plays against terrible competition.

i really hope we land gray crow over this guy, i know that sounds disrespectful, but i can not see notre dame going from clausen, crist, bubba sterling...to this?

you have to be kidding me
                        preach it brother. nothing about that video impressed me looked like 2 jv teams out there playing.

Comment

I was not saying that VY is a QB to aspire to; just that Mauk reminds me of him. VY was 6'5", 195 as a high school senior. They both have horrible throwing motions, bad footwork, he holds the ball near his hip, he doesn't protect the ball on the run, backs up 15 yards from the line of scrimmage before doing anything. But VY was also one of the best college QBs in recent memory. Just my observation.
                          Last edited by G_Rob_B; 04-30-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

gotcha

Comment

He was only a freshman or sophomore i am not saying either good or bad but he has time to work and is very talented
                              God Country Notre Dame
                              http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

ok, yes he is young and maybe he will develop into a notre dame caliber athlete. however, crow today makes this guy look like a pop-warner player.

i am typically against "negative talk regarding recruits" but i am shocked so many people liked that highlight film...the kid has a long way to go, imo...

Comment

No question his play was very sloppy, but the point is that he is obviously massively talented to make strong accurate throws with such bad footwork and form. And obviously much of his Tecmo-esque approach to avoiding the rush isn't going to fly in the College game, but if you can't see how a player with his tools would shine in Kelly's system then I don't know what to tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by amgarvey View Post
                                    but if you can't see how a player with his tools would shine in Kelly's system then I don't know what to tell you.
                                    no, i really dont see how a average sized player with mediocre speed is going to shine at notre dame.

again, this is notre dame.

i find it hard to believe we would go from bubba starling to this recruit...jmo.

Comment

Some of you guys are flat out crazy.

All in all, Mauk is a great prospect. He has a huge arm and shows great accuracy, especially on deep throws. He moves very well within the pocket, and is a constant threat to run the ball, showing good speed when he does.

The kid is clearly a gamer and loves to run over DBs, which while I like, is a habit he will need to break at the D1 level. His other major issues are his size, which at about 6'1" is less than ideal, and his bad habit of carrying the ball low and like a loaf of bread. However, both of these problems can be overcome. His footwork is not nearly as bad as some of you guys have made out, though he will have to adapt to fit in the spread.

Sure, the competition he is playing against is not good, but he DOMINATES it, which is all you can ask of a kid. Additionally, in case you need reminding, two recent players that ND took who played against inferior competition in high school were named Jimmy Clausen and Golden Tate, and I seem to remember that they did alright.

So, in summary, CHILL THE *#%& OUT and remember that you are watching freshman and sophomore year footage of this kid.

Comment

that kid is a sophmore!!! plus the schedule they play while not overly athletic is pretty physical.

didnt his brother play with a totaly rebuilt arm...like shoulder down to the elbow. if this kid has half the stones his brother had & some of the same ability i'd take him in a second! 6-1 is too short? Drew Breez is 6-1 i believe and i think he is pretty good!
                                        Last edited by beneboy; 04-30-2010, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGIA DOMER View Post
                                          preach it brother. nothing about that video impressed me looked like 2 jv teams out there playing.
                                          Don't understand why Notre Dame would be interested in a 'kid' of this caliber playing against JV competition. Who is Coldwater anyway? What have they ever done? You don't see any D1 players coming from that school. Look at the League they play in. No wonder they have won 16 straight league game. Weakess League in State of Ohio.

Even though Kenton did win two State Championship and played for a third, who did they beat? All they do is throw the football all over the place, score alot of points and win alot of games. Anybody could do that! Dad is just trying to build his kids stats. It would be different if they were winning games.

I agree with Rocket31 and the Georgia Domer. The kid's played on two Football League Championships teams, he averaged about 18 points a game on basketball teams that won Sectionals and played in the District tournament, he only long jumps a little over 21 feet and ran in the State Track meet on a 4 by 100 relay team as a freshman. This kid is so over rated I can't believe their is discussion on this board about him!

He is just like his brother only maybe a little bigger, maybe a little faster. Ben was so over rated, as well. Played against the same "JV competition" in High School. I mean, he tried to run Coach Kelly's offense after breaking his arm and dislocating his shoulder the previous year at Wake Forest. He couldn't even practice during the week and still tried to play on Saturday's and they let him! Why would we want someone like this playing for Notre Dame???

I am so glad we have Rocket31 and the Georgia Domer to give us the proper perspective on a 16 year old kid. Sure, they don't like to be critical of a "kid" but they just have to because 'they know'. I hope our Coaches will take their advise and move onto players that fit our mold! Besides, the kid has two more years to play high school football.

Comment

Duplicate post deleted
                                            Last edited by BGIF; 05-01-2010, 11:40 AM.

Comment

This kis looks like an interesting recruit.
                                              He is young,and has a lot of upside.
                                              He definitely needs to work on the footwork...but he has a nice looking arm,with big strength and good accuracy.
                                              i dont know if i'd want him running the ball,but he looks like he could be a good pro style qb.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaTown View Post
                                                Don't understand why Notre Dame would be interested in a 'kid' of this caliber playing against JV competition. Who is Coldwater anyway? What have they ever done? You don't see any D1 players coming from that school. Look at the League they play in. No wonder they have won 16 straight league game. Weakess League in State of Ohio.

Even though Kenton did win two State Championship and played for a third, who did they beat? All they do is throw the football all over the place, score alot of points and win alot of games. Anybody could do that! Dad is just trying to build his kids stats. It would be different if they were winning games.

I agree with Rocket31 and the Georgia Domer. The kid's played on two Football League Championships teams, he averaged about 18 points a game on basketball teams that won Sectionals and played in the District tournament, he only long jumps a little over 21 feet and ran in the State Track meet on a 4 by 100 relay team as a freshman. This kid is so over rated I can't believe their is discussion on this board about him!

He is just like his brother only maybe a little bigger, maybe a little faster. Ben was so over rated, as well. Played against the same "JV competition" in High School. I mean, he tried to run Coach Kelly's offense after breaking his arm and dislocating his shoulder the previous year at Wake Forest. He couldn't even practice during the week and still tried to play on Saturday's and they let him! Why would we want someone like this playing for Notre Dame???

I am so glad we have Rocket31 and the Georgia Domer to give us the proper perspective on a 16 year old kid. Sure, they don't like to be critical of a "kid" but they just have to because 'they know'. I hope our Coaches will take their advise and move onto players that fit our mold! Besides, the kid has two more years to play high school football.
                                                I"m not sure if I've seen sarcasm put into paragraph form like this, but I think some of these ridiculous posts warant a sarcasm novel if someone wants to put the time in to write it. It's laughable to me that someone would question why we're recruiting him.

Comment

Originally posted by VictoriaTown View Post

hahaha! great post! ask the Mccarthey brothers about Coldwater! Coldwater beat their Cardinal Mooney team in the state championships that had 5 or 6 div 1 scholarship players on it. this kid could be the real deal!
                                                  Last edited by beneboy; 06-27-2010, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Maty and the rest of the Kenton Wildcats took home the Notre Dame 7on7 tournament title yesterday, good job guys!

Comment

Originally posted by BillyIrish View Post
                                                      played basketball against older brother Ben in high school. dude defined competitor.

Ben and Maty's father, Mike, is the head coach. Kenton loves to throw it all over the yard. They simply try to outscore everybody. Last year Maty put it up 567 times in just 12 games.

Kenton plays in Div. 3 in Ohio. Ohio has 6 divisions for football with Div. 1 being the largest.
                                                      What level is the hardest 1? and what level do Hendirx and Massa play in I'm curious.

Comment

What level is the hardest 1? and what level do Hendirx and Massa play in I'm curious.
                                                        First thing about Ohio athletics is that Division placement is determined by one single census early in the school year, so schools still suppress enrolment. Therefore the difference between any two divisions at state level may not be that great.

Most of the Catholic schools are Division 1, including Moeller and Xavier, (Hendrix and Massa.) Also included are schools like Ignatius, and the historical greats like Massillon, etc. (Didn't mean to leave the great Columbus schools out, Division I and II both.

Some of these schools, particularly the parochial or smaller town schools are Division II (III), historically, Fostoria comes to mind. No one in the country would criticize their play particularly for the ten years or so around the time Woodson played for them. Also, in Northwest Ohio, a conference spans three divisions among its schools. Consequently, because of the ratings system and the vast differences between the urban, suburban and rural schools, there is some tough Division III play also.

Comment

Kenton was actually a Div IV school last year and this year also in football, right on the bubble between a small Div III and a big Div IV. There are six Divisions in Ohio football, Div I, 518 and more(120 schools), Div II 348 to 517(118), Div III 252 to 347(120), Div IV 177 to 251(119), Div V 125 to 176(120), Div VI 124 and less(121), 718 total schools. These divisional breakdown numbers are for the 2009-2010/ 2010-2011 school years and are for football only.

Comment

Originally posted by scubastevefl View Post
                                                            it is the mixed all over. for instance youngstown cardinal mooney (div 3) and kettering alter(div. 4) the last 5-10 years would have beaten all but maybe 5 programs in the state. hendrix and massa played div 1 in the gcl conference which is probably the most competetive conference top to bottom in the state. that said the top western ohio football programs (mauks school)are very competetive just not as consistent top to bottom as the cinci area is imo.

the cleveland area used to dominate hs football but as the manufacturing economy has disapeared from this area the power has shifted to c-bus and cinnci areas. in ohio the sports governing body is anti catholic big time and they are always changing the transfer rules to try and weaken the big catholic schools(ignatious,moehler,xavier, etc) but all they do is hurt the smaller ones(div.4,5,6). they are too stupid to understand that most kids that go to ignatious,moehler,xavier, etc are 3 or 4th generation legacies not football guns for hire. in the cleveland area the best public school program doesnt even start recruiting kids till they are juniors and seniors because in cleveland there is open enrollment across the school district. yet naturaly the ohsaa has no problem with that.

also, i believe charles woodson played at freemont not fostoria.

all of this aside as i have said before i think ND would be very happy with a Mauk at QB!
                                                            Last edited by beneboy; 06-27-2010, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Maty threw for 437 yards and 5 tds against a very good coldwater team on friday

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                                                Maty threw for 437 yards and 5 tds against a very good coldwater team on friday
                                                                .......wow, just wow.

I'm no recruiting expert, I don't know the quality off Coldwater, but I do know in order to put up numbers like that Maty must be doing something right.

Thanks for the update!

Comment

I don't know what his efficiency was but the website I got this off of (scout) said to expect this mostly every game from Mauk.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                    .......wow, just wow.

I'm no recruiting expert, I don't know the quality off Coldwater, but I do know in order to put up numbers like that Maty must be doing something right.

Thanks for the update!
                                                                    coldwater is a very good program that is in transition due to their coach recently passing away from cancer. mauks offense throws a ton and yes his numbers will be very similar from week to week!

Comment

Ohio high school football is based on population of males in the school. Like Ben said Alter and Cardinal Mooney would have beaten anybody in the state the past couple of years. Alter hasn't lost a game in 2 years and someone mentioned Coldwater, they were actually the last team to beat Alter and that was in the state title. Alter has won 2 straight and been 2 three straight. Probably a 4th coming this season. It really doesn't matter what division you play in. Alter is a school in Kettering and they beat Fairmonts ass every year which is Kettering's main high school. They beat them 42-14 yesterday. Fairmont is a division 1 school. Cincinnati is definitely where the power schools in Ohio are now.

Comment

I am interested to see what his efficiency was. Doesn't his highschool run a pro style offense?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                          I am interested to see what his efficiency was. Doesn't his highschool run a pro style offense?
                                                                          no, run and shoot pass happy offense. mauk will probably throw 40x a game this year...

eta: he threw 60x last night :jawdrop:
                                                                          Last edited by rocket31; 08-28-2010, 03:01 PM.

Comment

no, run and shoot pass happy offense. mauk will probably throw 40x a game this year...

eta: he threw 60x last night :jawdrop:
                                                                            TRUE! AT LEAST 50!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                              I dont know what his effiency was last night but i a pretty sure it was high. one, while his offense will take shots down field i am pretty sure its bread and butter is the short passing game.(short throws into long gains) two, Mauk is not your standard highschool Qb...he has been groomed his entire life to be a qb!(coaches son) i will say it again...ND would be in good shape with this kid at the helm!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                In many ways not getting Bubba this year hurt but to me I think its going to pay off.
                                                                                1. Pro baseball prospect and could for-go football altogether.
                                                                                2. Leaves plenty of room for 2-3 prospects in the 2012 class which seems to have better prospects for us anyway.

While landing both of them would be nice, I think we would be doing well to land either Mauk, Crow, or Pike. I think we will be more than fine. Especially when they see Crist throwing the ball all over the field this year.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Ben E. View Post
                                                                                  i will say it again...ND would be in good shape with this kid at the helm!
                                                                                  i respectfully disagree, he is a less athletic tate forcier, albeit a stronger arm but still with limited upside.

i would take him, but i would much rather have gunner kiel or zeke pike.
                                                                                  Last edited by NDinL.A.; 08-28-2010, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Maty Mauk is third on my 2012 most wanted list behind Dorial Green-Beckham and Barry Sanders.
                                                                                    sigpic

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Maty Mauk, a prolific passer who's racked up 7,800 yards in his two years of varsity play. Mauk is currently ranked 11th on Ohio's all-time passing list, with two years left to play.
                                                                                      Kenton 50, Coldwater 31: Visiting Coldwater began the post-John Reed era with its first loss to Kenton in nine years.

Coldwater’s Reese Klenke had 13 receptions for 204 yards and four touchdowns. Kenton’s Maty Mauk threw for 437 yards and five touchdowns.
                                                                                      Link to original articles:
                                                                                      Cougars start new season with 36-20 victory over Bryan - Times Bulletin - Van Wert, Ohio
                                                                                      Roundup of Week 1 area football games
                                                                                      "If you're afraid of competition, maybe you shouldn't come to Notre Dame." -Brian Kelly

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        i respectfully disagree, he is a less athletic tate forcier, albeit a stronger arm but still with limited upside.

i would take him, but i would much rather have gunner kiel or zeke pike.
                                                                                        As I have been saying for months, Mauk will be a star at the college level wether he plays for ND or not. I hope he does it playing for ND.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I cant quite decide who in my mind is the best qb prospect in the 2012 class but there is no way you can say you DONT want this kid. Especially based on the fact that you are judging his mechanics at the age of 15-16. I f a young qb has a big arm (as Mauk does) usually the "great mechanics" come a little bit later because they can rely on that powerful arm to cover their mechanical mistakes. We would be doing well in my mind to land Maty and maybe one other 2012 qb.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            What is his mobility like? I realize it doesn't matter, Kelly's offense can work without a mobile quarterback, but if we have a run/pass threat, it just adds another dimension to the offense.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by mgriff View Post
                                                                                              What is his mobility like? I realize it doesn't matter, Kelly's offense can work without a mobile quarterback, but if we have a run/pass threat, it just adds another dimension to the offense.
                                                                                              What's his mobility like?

You need to watch this video lol:

YouTube - Maty Mauk 2009
                                                                                              "If you're afraid of competition, maybe you shouldn't come to Notre Dame." -Brian Kelly

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Stud

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  He's got a cannon and I'm very impressed with his play. I'm not so certain about the competition. That's not to say he isn't a great player or he won't translate to the college level, but the competition doesn't look to be the best. Maybe I'm experiencing a side effect of watching all these RISE high school football games this weekend.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Gunner Kiel- cannot go wrong with him.... made a ton of trips all over the country this summer.... from what I have read, he was consistently excellent at every one- offers after 80% of his 7 on 7's, thats pretty darn good...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X