Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 TX ATH Cam McDaniel (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 TX ATH Cam McDaniel (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Athlete
    Coppell, Texas, Coppell HS

Ht: 5'11"
    Wt: 192 lbs
    40: 4.53 secs
    Bench Max: 215
    Shuttle: 3.97
    Vertical: 34 inches

Offers

Air Force
    Army
    Cincinnati
    Colorado
    Iowa
    Iowa State
    Louisiana Tech
    Minnesota
    Navy
    Stanford
    Tulsa

Receiving interest. Received an "unofficial" offer last week. Expects to talk to Kelly & Staff this week.

Recruiting analyst said he would commit if offered.

Expected to play RB or Slot Receiver

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post

Expected to play RB or Slot Receiver
      He looks like a good athlete but really? Do we need another RB or slot receiver on the roster. Unless the idea is to move somebody to D-back.

Comment

Could potentially fill the void left by Roback's departure. An H-back type mold.

Comment

Here's a look at the man:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhiJew5oh9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MhiJew5oh9Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

That is a sick shuttle time.

Comment

He likes to hurdle people, huh? Looks like he's got great balance.

Comment

Love this song.
                Good looking kid. Pretty shifty, good speed, and hard nose. Could be a pretty good play-maker at the next level.

Comment

we dont really need running back or wide reciever but we do need athletes would be like a collinsworth
                  God Country Notre Dame
                  http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

I want the kid b/c music from the Last of the Mohicans is playing on his highlight tape.
                    My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

I love the music,too! sounds like the rkg for uw.

Comment

Originally posted by ryno 24 View Post
                        we dont really need running back or wide reciever but we do need athletes would be like a collinsworth
                        Someone with agility like that I would totally try at CB. With proper technique elite agility guys (like Revis and Champ Bailey before him) become shutdown corners.

Comment

I was also impressed with his balance and agility. Could develop into a nice DB for sure with proper coaching.

Comment

For what it's worth, Revis has almost identical measureables with this kid and was a 3* & #46 CB recruit.

Not getting ahead of myself... just sayin' stars aren't everything if someone has upside.

Comment

I think the staff feels good about their ability to move guys around and to develop them into starters. What they are looking for right now are athletes/play makers. This guy clearly fits the description.

Comment

get him. get em all. hell, pull a saban and oversign by 30! i want studs! after last saturday i cant go back to watching the type of football we were all put through for the last couple of years! im spoiled now, i need blowout wins every saturday!

Comment

Shifty little devil, ain't he?

Reminds me of a certain Reggie Bush. He just needs that next gear so he can outrun secondaries once he gets around them. I like the potential though. I'll take every guy we can get because I trust Kelly to make them fit somewhere and have them prosper!
                                  "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

Comment

#1 - read some of the posts at work and I was hoping the music was either braveheart or last of the mohicans.

Awesome.

#2 - Kid has legit agility. Scary threat at the slot. Could be a big weapon. Plays real stiff competition (Class 5A) in Texas.

Comment

Freshman Year

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrP7pf2491M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LrP7pf2491M?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sophomore Year

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKvYOOgKP34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BKvYOOgKP34?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

impressive film thats for sure...great balance and recovery.

Comment

Very nice films, but I a bit concerned why there is not one big time BCS school on his offer list. I think he is a good athlete, who can obviously jump, but I also remember another TX athlete like this named McGuffy who never made it at UM. We don't need another Smurf at the slot.
                                          DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! So does a mobile QB!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jonesman View Post
                                            Very nice films, but I a bit concerned why there is not one big time BCS school on his offer list. I think he is a good athlete, who can obviously jump, but I also remember another TX athlete like this named McGuffy who never made it at UM. We don't need another Smurf at the slot.
                                            Iowa and Stanford are "big time BCS schools"

Comment

Kelly may be liking him in the slot. I think that Kelly considers the slot-receiver one of his "Big Skill" positions in his "Skill--Big Skill-- Power" recruiting litany, because he wants that guy to take it to the house, pass reception or running. He's put Theo there because of that, but he might not feel that Bennett can pick up the plays well enough. Atkinson, though, seems like a potential superman there, so, as usual, i don't know.

Comment

I'm done looking at stars and offer lists... out staff sees something so I'll take him if he wants to be here, that's why I had no problem with Heggie... accroding to stars and offer lists the Notre Dame's and Tennessee's of the world consistently play for National Titles and Oregon's and Bosie's all completely suck...

just get the guys who want to win HERE and win with them.
                                                This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

He looks like he can surf his wave of blockers; when is the last time you saw anyone change direction like that without missing a step? He also looks like he gets 3 to 5 after he is hit. Has the heart of Jackson or Collinsworth, in my opinion. Hope he stops trying to hurdle so many guys. Do you know what that music actually is?

Comment

Iowa and Stanford are good offers.

Keep in mind many of the "elite" schools don't need to do too much of the picking through the recruits for the diamonds in the rough. Iowa is heralded often for finding those guys who nobody else wanted and making them competent college players and high NFL recruits.

He certainly is shifty. A 4.5 is fine, but not incredible. He is better than Roback though, that is for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                                                      Do you know what that music actually is?
                                                      From Wiki:

The main theme of the movie is taken from the tune "The Gael" by Scottish singer-songwriter Dougie MacLean.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInColumbus View Post
                                                        Iowa and Stanford are good offers.

Keep in mind many of the "elite" schools don't need to do too much of the picking through the recruits for the diamonds in the rough. Iowa is heralded often for finding those guys who nobody else wanted and making them competent college players and high NFL recruits.

He certainly is shifty. A 4.5 is fine, but not incredible. He is better than Roback though, that is for sure.
                                                        Yeah but 40 times out of high school are very flawed. A true FAT 4.5 is actually quite good, but usually 40 times out of high school are inflated by .1-.2 or something around that. If you look at NFL combine times the fastest people usually run 4.4 and change.

Comment

Kid has good quickness, keeps his feet moving and does really well in traffic. If he wants to be Irish then grab him!

Comment

Either slot or i could see him possibly playing defense
                                                            God Country Notre Dame

Comment

Guys,
                                                              I say get him if he can play CB. We are going to be sickly thin at CB after next season. We lose both Blanton and Gray after 2011. We currently have ONE guy left on the roster who can play CB in 2012. We MUST recruit another CB. Unless someone on O is going to play CB.
                                                              DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! So does a mobile QB!!!

Comment

Doesn't exactly have the measurables for the Diaco CB. They have been going after guys 6 ft +. ESPN has him at 5'10".

Not sure why it's so hard to believe that he will play on the offensive side of the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by jmurphy75 View Post
                                                                  If he wants to be Irish then grab him!
                                                                  Agreed. Notre Dame has the room.

Comment

Originally posted by jonesman View Post
                                                                    Sam was an absolute stud at UM, he only left because his father had terminal cancer and he wanted to play close to home.

Comment

Just dont get it...we are hurting at DB...yet offer another slot/rb....wtf!
                                                                      "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Love his film. Protects the ball pretty well, legs don't stop pumping. He could be our "shifty" McDaniel to Utah's "shaky" Smithson. He's got great vision to see slim to none lanes, very slippery and boy can the kid use his blocks. Second level speed and can really accelerate around the corner, great stop and start. He could be the Sam McGuffy that we missed out on a few years back. How about "Houdini" McDaniel? Did I mention yards after catch?

Sign him up.
                                                                        Last edited by Irish.Ca; 11-16-2010, 12:20 AM. Reason: Didn't read previous about Sam, good catch guys
                                                                        Just believe.

Comment

I'm really ambivalent about this guy unless they want him as a DB. Why do we need another receiver? Why do we keep loading up at the same positions (QB and WR) and just ignoring the fact that we are really thin at others? How is this any different than what CW did with the DL?

Comment

we are getting dbs we want athletes not position players
                                                                            God Country Notre Dame

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Had a shuttle time of 3.84 at the US Army National Combine in 2010. One of the fastest ever.
                                                                              2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #40
                                                                                We sure do need speed.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by CanadianIrish View Post
                                                                                  I'm really ambivalent about this guy unless they want him as a DB. Why do we need another receiver? Why do we keep loading up at the same positions (QB and WR) and just ignoring the fact that we are really thin at others? How is this any different than what CW did with the DL?
                                                                                  Pray tell, what position are we thin at besides safety? What positions have we ignored in recruiting?

I would argue that we are as thin at WR as at any other position. If/when Floyd leaves we will have TJ Jones, Theo Riddick... and who else? Toma? Goodman? Jackson? Which one of those guys is a proven potential All-American type guy?

If you ask me we desperately needed Daniels and Atkinson in this class. Adding one more kid who looks to be a versatile athlete is a no brainer. The only reason you wouldn't is if you were holding spots for Shuler or other recruits you thought might have more upside.

Not trying to be rude to your opinion, but as was made evident by injuries, we were far from loaded at QB and WR this year.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I doubt Shuler is coming. Last I checked, he made plans for several visits and there was no mention of ND.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                                                                                      I doubt Shuler is coming. Last I checked, he made plans for several visits and there was no mention of ND.
                                                                                      Exactly my point.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        This kid has speed, agility and alot of shiftiness and we could really use his skills. I was thinking slot receiver. We have all seen how we got banged up this year so there it is always nice to have some depth..., especially at the WR position. Look how Toma has gotten some play time this year...., things happen and you want to have some talented guys come in when needed. I think we could use this kid and if he is interested, then give him an offer.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                          Had a shuttle time of 3.84 at the US Army National Combine in 2010. One of the fastest ever.
                                                                                          That's unbelievable. Sign him up and worry about where he fits later.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by IrishinSyria View Post

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              His film is impressive, I don't see why we don't offer him. He could be a Riddick like slot receiver.
                                                                                              sigpic

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Hehe my feelings precisely. I was a track guy who was always quicker than I was fast... but still had enough speed to be very competitive in the 55m dash. I'm telling you right now anything sub-4.1 in the shuttle is elite. I ran a 4.2 shuttle (hand timed) and people thought that was "amazing."

3.84 is simply outrageous. I doubt it's accurate, but if it is he is the most agile person I have ever heard of. That can translate into shutdown corner, great route runner, whatever.

For reference, here are last year's shuttle times from the NFL combine. Only three people even broke 4.1.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Link for those who doubt me: NFL Events: Combine Top Performers

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                    Hehe my feelings precisely. I was a track guy who was always quicker than I was fast... but still had enough speed to be very competitive in the 55m dash. I'm telling you right now anything sub-4.1 in the shuttle is elite. I ran a 4.2 shuttle (hand timed) and people thought that was "amazing."

3.84 is simply outrageous. I doubt it's accurate, but if it is he is the most agile person I have ever heard of. That can translate into shutdown corner, great route runner, whatever.

For reference, here are last year's shuttle times from the NFL combine. Only one person even broke 4.1.
                                                                                                    Me too. The 40 times at that combine were bad for everyone to the point where I think the times were incorrect.
                                                                                                    sigpic

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X