Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 SC QB Everett Golson (FSU transfer)

Athlete
    Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
    Myrtle Beach High School

Ht:6'0"
    Wt:170 lbs
    Vertical:35 inches
    GPA:3.8

Rankings:
    Rivals: , #20 Dual Threat QB
    Scout: , #14 QB
    ESPN: , Grade 80, #22 ATH

Offers:
    North Carolina
    Clemson
    Duke
    East Carolina
    Florida
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Ohio State
    South Carolina
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    Texas Tech
    Virginia Tech
    Notre Dame (Committed)
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 01-28-2011, 12:23 PM.
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Has been hearing from ND and might visit in Nov. Not sure if he is being looked at QB or ATH.

Nice offer list.

Comment

Great offer list, might be able to run the spread well.

Comment

Does anyone find his lack of height an issue? I know there have been many successful shorter spread QBs in last several years (Chase Daniel from Mizzou off the top of my head) and I'm sure Kelly will roll him out of the pocket to minimize that. Just something I was thinking about.

And is he actually being recruited as a QB?

With Marvin Austin getting kicked off the team and with Greg Little and Robert Quinn permanently ineligible, our chances just got better IMO. Plus Marquis Williams has already committed too.
        Last edited by Rack Em; 10-11-2010, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Height shouldn't be in issue. Its the spread and its college. Still would rather pass on a QB this year. We need more athletes on D with almost no room left

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
            Height shouldn't be in issue. Its the spread and its college. Still would rather pass on a QB this year. We need more athletes on D with almost no room left
            I agree. And it sounds like we're in good position with several QBs next class. I'd like to stack that D as much as possible.

Comment

I think he is offered as DB or WR. BK said in a presser that he was looking at adding a few more WR's. In actuality they may bring him in without a defined position and plug him in at the needed position. I love the offer, especially since he is so versatile.
              "No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around."
              ND for life..

Comment

Smart kid, terrific athlete, not a bad qb at all. I like this offer as well.

Comment

His highlight vids are pretty impressive. He's also interested in playing basketball as well and plans on walking on the team at UNC. I'm huge on this kid and would love to see ND land him. He's a true dual threat QB. Great speed and an arm to keep you guessing.

Comment

not a big fan of the dual threat QB because IMO next none of them are really dual threat that Elway was.

Most of the time there more or less scatbacks that throw the ball every once in awhile.

That said with ND going with a spread offense under Kelly we IMO need at least 1 of these QB's on the roster just to keep teams honest by giving them a completely different look from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                      not a big fan of the dual threat QB because IMO next none of them are really dual threat that Steve Young was.
                      Fixed it for you

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                        not a big fan of the dual threat QB because IMO next none of them are really dual threat that Elway was.

Most of the time there more or less scatbacks that throw the ball every once in awhile.

That said with ND going with a spread offense under Kelly we IMO need at least 1 of these QB's on the roster just to keep teams honest by giving them a completely different look from time to time.
                        Golson is a pass 1st QB. His Jr season he threw for 47 TD's with 3 int's while only running for 5 TD's. If you watch his highlights though, he's extremely mobile and capable of extending plays with the run. If you want to be successful running the spread offense, you have to have a QB who can run and throw.

YouTube - Everett Golson Junior Highlights
                        Last edited by ABenson36; 10-11-2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                          Fixed it for you
                          ^^this

Comment

Irish Sports Daily - Login

Plans a visit for the Utah game.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                              Irish Sports Daily - Login

Plans a visit for the Utah game.
                              Thats good...so are we recruiting him as a QB or Ath?

Comment

Update on his recruitment on ISD

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                  Update on his recruitment on ISD
                                  well terry what does it say.

Comment

Originally posted by nd1 View Post
                                    well terry what does it say.
                                    No membership. I have failed you.

Comment

It says he's visiting for the Utah game. Plus other things, but you'll have to pay for that. LOL

TT,,, u NEVER fail us Bro!
                                      Coach Kelly will be the one to awaken this sleeping giant that is, NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL.

Comment

No membership. I have failed you.
                                        no problem bro.

thanks for the info soinirishfan

Comment

I have a membership to Elderly Big Uns if you ever need any of that insider info...... what>? What? dont' judge me, I read the articles...LOL

Comment

Gross.
                                            My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                              Gross.
                                              What Fitz... it is very well written, and you can always fold the pages and it makes them look younger.... ZING SAUCE

Comment

Who's hungry?

Comment

Who's hungry?
                                                  Not now that is for sure.

Comment

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gyhlnL0AbmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gyhlnL0AbmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Comment

Loved the Golden Girls....thanks for ruining it BestB!!
                                                      My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                                        Loved the Golden Girls....thanks for ruining it BestB!!
                                                        Ha Ha...come on... that's funny

Comment

I hope this kid likes what he sees... I'm glad he's back in the hunt.
                                                          Last edited by johnnykillz; 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM.

Comment

He confirmed he will be at the Utah game. He has also already been approved for early enrollment.

Looks good.

Comment

He confirmed he will be at the Utah game. He has also already been approved for early enrollment.

Looks good.
                                                              Great news. Utah will hopefully be a big weekend for recruiting.

Comment

Are we recruiting him as a QB or athlete?

Comment

QB

Comment

Dual Threat FTW

Comment

OMG im excited again!
                                                                      This kid would be a HUGE pickup for us.
                                                                      Think of having him, Maty Mauk, and Andrew Hendrix as our 1-2-3 punch.
                                                                      That could be SICK!!!

Comment

He would be a HUGE get. Let's go Coach Kelly!

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                          Great news. Utah will hopefully be a big weekend for recruiting.
                                                                          just imagine ND pulling the upset, it could be that much bigger. In general and in recruiting.

Comment

yes

Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                            just imagine ND pulling the upset, it could be that much bigger. In general and in recruiting.
                                                                            this gives me wood!!!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                              Man, If we could pull off a miracle and upset these guys..., I love dreaming about that..., that would do wonders for our program which has been struggling and would be the biggest, most meaningful win in YEARS.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                It's kind of funny seeing everyone getting excited about poaching a kid from another school But we owe old Butch one for Mr. Little
                                                                                Last edited by ND in CT; 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  *Poaching and recruiting go hand in hand. Not poaching just makes you oblivious to how recruiting works.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    wait so is he still a verbal to NC?
                                                                                    "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      yes

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        thanks TT, i would LOVE to see that changed after this weekend
                                                                                        "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Senior season video:

Athlete Vault - Everett Golson - QB - Myrtle Beach 4

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by ND in CT View Post
                                                                                            It's kind of funny seeing everyone getting excited about poaching a kid from another school But we owe old Butch one for Mr. Little
                                                                                            At this point I am beginning not to care anymore as we seem to lose recruits every year. Most years we end up picking up one or two ourselves, and this kid would be a good pick up.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by ndcoltsfan2010 View Post
                                                                                              At this point I am beginning not to care anymore as we seem to lose recruits every year. Most years we end up picking up one or two ourselves, and this kid would be a good pick up.
                                                                                              I feel the same way, it's all part of the recruiting game.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by ND in CT View Post
                                                                                                I feel the same way, it's all part of the recruiting game.
                                                                                                Exactly. I will only celebrate our recruits once NSD is here for sure. So much happens during the course of recruiting that even the most solid commits can turn elsewhere and abandon ship. I am just glad that our two big decommitments at least didn't wait until the last minute to do so so we can pursue other avenues.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Golson will also meet with Mike Brey.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                                    Golson will also meet with Mike Brey.
                                                                                                    Cool

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X