Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 CA RB Amir Carlisle (Notre Dame Football Player)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '11 CA RB Amir Carlisle (Notre Dame Football Player)

    Running Back
    Sunnyvale, California Kings Academy



    Ht: 5-10
    Wt:175
    40: 4.48
    Bench: 230
    Vertical: 37
    GPA: 4.28

    RANKING
    Rivals:, #12 RB, Rating 5.8, National #129, Rivals 250
    Scouts:, #18 RB
    ESPN:, #20 RB, Grade 79

    OFFERS
    Stanford (camp '10)

    Notre Dame
    USC (camp)
    Arizona State
    Cal
    Maryland
    Utah (camp)


    ND RECRUITER: ?

    DECISION: 6/24/2009 Stanford
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 03-27-2013, 11:14 AM.

  • #2
    Steve Wiltfong: Article "ND Gears Up For Big Recruiting Week" Monday, 28 June 2010 10:12

    Stanford pledge Amir Carlisle is now researching all of his options and is taking a visit to Notre Dame this week. Four-star running back Amir Carlisle (Sunnyvale, Calif./The Kings Academy) could earn a Notre Dame scholarship offer at Tuesday's one-day camp. He'll be arriving with his father Duane, who is the strength and conditioning coach for the San Francisco 49ers.

    The 5-foot-10, 175-pound Carlisle is a Stanford commit, pledging to the Cardinal staff as a sophomore. Now's he's looking into all of his options, and an offer from Notre Dame could put the Irish right in the mix. It's his first visit to South Bend.

    A straight-A student, Carlisle averaged over 10 yards per carry as a junior, rushing for 2,037 yards and 26 touchdowns. He is also hearing from the likes of USC, Alabama, Washington and Oregon.
    Last edited by DirtySecret; 06-28-2010, 05:23 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      love to still this steal this one. Smart and fast sounds good to me
      One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
      Knute Rockne

      Comment


      • #4
        after watching his highlight tape, would be nice if he reconsiders

        Comment


        • #5
          Ok I don't get too excited watching tapes but this kid looks great. Good get. Looks bigger than 175 (definitely plays bigger).

          Comment


          • #6
            Background Material ... One year old article

            6/26/09

            Two Carlisles, one commitment
            Andy Drukarev TheBootleg.com

            http://stanford.scout.com/2/875226.html

            Lengthy article but worth the read. Interesting father and son.

            Amir is an outstanding student he he a 4.14 GPA a freshman and slipped to a 4.0 as a soph. One of the recruiting services currently has him at 4.28. Academics is important too him. One of the things that attracted him to Stanford. Living in the Bay area makes them "local" as well. He all of about 10 miles from the farm.

            Last year ND, Harvard, and Princeton also noticed his talents on and off the field and were chasing him. He went to a SU camp and was offered by Harbaugh. He accepted the next day - a little over a year ago.

            His dad is the head strength and conditioning coach for the 49ers and worked with the Eagles before that. Amir has been training among the pros for the past couple of years or so. His mentors include guys like Brian Westbrook and Frank Gore. His strength and conditioning training paid off in the '08 season when he broke a collarbone. He was out the minimum 6 weeks and when the got the green light he returned to the field and ran for over 200 yds on 19 carries. Tough kid.

            He wants to pursue a double major in drama and economics. He recognizes there's life after football.

            Comment


            • #7
              Hate to be the one to say it (i'm not one to look too much into highlight reels), but this kid sure moves like another #23 I know. Just sayin'...
              Originally posted by koonja
              I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by woolybug25 View Post
                Hate to be the one to say it (i'm not one to look too much into highlight reels), but this kid sure moves like another #23 I know. Just sayin'...
                I thought the exact same thing. He also reminds me of the highlight video of Barry Sanders' kid posted on here somewhere.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i hope they can really impress this kid and make him reconsider his commitment. kid looks good and would be good fit in spread.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Stanford has 4 verbal RB commits. He camped at ND today with fellow Stanford RB verbal Remound Wright, I hope to see an offer come out of it. It'll be nice to snag one of them.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Per ISD, his father and him came away very very impressed with everything today. His father said that if offered they would have to come back to ND before the final decision.
                      Last edited by NDinL.A.; 06-29-2010, 05:10 PM. Reason: source

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                        His father and him came away very very impressed with everything today. His father said that if offered they would have to come back to ND before the final decision.
                        well if theres room offer him. don't know if we got room.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I think that we will get one of Poteat and Huggins. I would prefer Huggins over Carlisle but Carlisle over Poteat. I don't know if they want one or two RBs this year though

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I wish we could have them all...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                              I think that we will get one of Poteat and Huggins. I would prefer Huggins over Carlisle but Carlisle over Poteat. I don't know if they want one or two RBs this year though
                              Any of them will suffice. You forgot Hayes & Wright, both of which have big upside potential

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                i would assume he wouldn't have an issue with his academics to get in right?


                                i kid i kid lol

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                  Any of them will suffice. You forgot Hayes & Wright, both of which have big upside potential
                                  Ranking of RBs

                                  Huggins (oviouslly #1)
                                  Carlisle
                                  Poteat
                                  Hayes
                                  Wright

                                  Thanks for reminding. can't believe I forgot them.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                    I think that we will get one of Poteat and Huggins. I would prefer Huggins over Carlisle but Carlisle over Poteat. I don't know if they want one or two RBs this year though
                                    Huggins will probably end up at Alabama, Hayes to MSU, and Poteat to Pitt. That's how I think it's going to work. The thing is Huggins is waiting to NSD to commit, so if you hold out for him and whiff, you're screwed..

                                    Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                                    Ranking of RBs

                                    Huggins (oviouslly #1)
                                    Carlisle
                                    Poteat
                                    Hayes
                                    Wright

                                    Thanks for reminding. can't believe I forgot them.
                                    Don't forget Brendon Bigelow is also out there. If you haven't seen his highlights, you tube him.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
                                      Huggins will probably end up at Alabama, Hayes to MSU, and Poteat to Pitt. That's how I think it's going to work. The thing is Huggins is waiting to NSD to commit, so if you hold out for him and whiff, you're screwed..



                                      Don't forget Brendon Bigelow is also out there. If you haven't seen his highlights, you tube him.
                                      I say hold out. RB isn't a dire need this year. Same as QB. We need db's, Aaron Lynch, and a couple WR. If Huggins commits to ND, bonus.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        I have a feeling one to two of these backs will have epic college careers. In fact, odds are, one will be a superstar. Can you afford to hold out?

                                        Running back to receiver isn't a tough conversion, so long as they have hands...

                                        Here is an excerpt from CBS sports recalling the "Golden" conversion:

                                        Tate excelled as a running back and defensive back. He rushed 140 times for 1,413 yards and 23 touchdowns, as he also had 28 receptions for 510 yards and six scores. He registered three interceptions on defense, returned a kickoff for a touchdown and was the Knights' punter (long of 62 yards among his 19 kicks) for a team that finished with a 7-3 record...
                                        Source:Golden Tate, Notre Dame, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
                                        Last edited by johnnykillz; 06-29-2010, 07:40 PM.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by IanBr22 View Post
                                          I say hold out. RB isn't a dire need this year. Same as QB. We need db's, Aaron Lynch, and a couple WR. If Huggins commits to ND, bonus.
                                          Who says next years class will be a runningback heavy class like this year? It usually falls off from year to year. Did you take notice to the corp of QBs this year? How many elite QBs were in this class this year? Mostly they were decent but not elite. Next year I bet you see a few elite prospects at QB.
                                          Last edited by DirtySecret; 06-29-2010, 07:52 PM.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            I think you take any of those RB options.

                                            Both of these Stanford verbals have received some high praise.

                                            Carlisle

                                            YouTube - Amir Carlisle Football Highlights 11th Grade 2009

                                            Good vision, and he can make people miss. Looks strong for 175 lbs. Really agile


                                            Wright:

                                            YouTube - Remound Wright (Football Recruiting Video)

                                            Kid looks like a little tank. He's got good hands coming out of the backfield. Nice acceleration

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              huggins is better than both amir and remound. hands down.

                                              he came away very impressed today and kelly has made him his #1 priority.

                                              do not expect another offer until huggins is completely out of the picture.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by rocket31 View Post
                                                huggins is better than both amir and remound. hands down.

                                                he came away very impressed today and kelly has made him his #1 priority.

                                                do not expect another offer until huggins is completely out of the picture.
                                                And PSU has him their number 1 priority, also.. Seriously what recruit is going to say "Man this college really sucks" to the press? Every recruit always has something postive to say about colleges they visit. Kelly made Starling their number 1 priority and how did that fair out.


                                                Carlisle is a great prospect. He cuts on dime, great vision and his dad will bulk him up without him losing any speed. The kid has been speed training for years with Duane Carlisle(Dad)..
                                                Last edited by DirtySecret; 06-29-2010, 09:27 PM.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
                                                  And PSU has him their number 1 priority, also.. Seriously what recruit is going to say "Man this college really sucks" to the press? Every recruit always has something postive to say about colleges they visit. Kelly made Starling their number 1 priority and how did that fair out.


                                                  Carlisle is a great prospect. He cuts on dime, great vision and his dad will bulk him up without him losing any speed. The kid has been speed training for years with Duane Carlisle(Dad)..
                                                  for starters, not every recruit gushes over feeling at home while being there, the beautiful campus, every single coach, the AD, the academics, becoming a better man while at south bend while mentioning several players he met today in the process.

                                                  his comments were not vague, he was very specific of what all he liked about notre dame.

                                                  secondly, coach kelly has made him his number priority at RB. BKs comments today further emphasized this. again, he will not be offering any one else until he gets a better feel on the huggins situation...if the time comes.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    Originally posted by rocket31 View Post
                                                    for starters, not every recruit gushes over feeling at home while being there, the beautiful campus, every single coach, the AD, the academics, becoming a better man while at south bend while mentioning several players he met today in the process.

                                                    his comments were not vague, he was very specific of what all he liked about notre dame.

                                                    secondly, coach kelly has made him his number priority at RB. BKs comments today further emphasized this. again, he will not be offering any one else until he gets a better feel on the huggins situation...if the time comes.
                                                    Do we know this?

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                      Do we know this?
                                                      Don't know what article he's getting that form because from what I read on rivals article after talking positively about huggins experience at ND, they end the article by saying he plans to visit UF.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                        Do we know this?
                                                        ISD

                                                        and no, i do not know for a "fact" that BK will not be offering any one else. however, one can draw conclusions from coaches comments made to our prospects.

                                                        according to huggins, molnar and hinton further stressed the importance of him to our offense.

                                                        sign up and read the article if you like...its a nice piece.
                                                        Last edited by rocket31; 06-29-2010, 10:20 PM.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Regardless of how you feel about Huggins, Hayes and Poteat may dictate if/when Kelly offers. ND is currently in the final 6 with Hayes, and Poteat and Huggins haven't made a first cut yet. A lot can change, I don't see him hesitating in offering one of these guys if that happens.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            i'm not too familiar with recruiting rules except a coach can not comment on a specific recruit, but can Kelly say something like " yeah we just had a great conversation with a RB recruit that went very well"

                                                            just out of curiousity, and it would be easy to lay rest to any rumors without ever mentioning a recruit

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              reading over on isd. it's says he moved us up to third on his list and could go higher if we offer. it said offer was probably coming shortly. he said the facilites were amazing and the field and coaches were good and he was impressed.

                                                              he said a decision should be made soon.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                Stanford and Cal leading

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                  Stanford and Cal leading
                                                                  i think thats because we haven't offered yet.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Just quoting the article:

                                                                    Carlisle said if he were to collect an offer from Notre Dame they would fall into third on his list behind Stanford, to which he's been committed for over a year, and Cal

                                                                    Not saying that wouldn't change if he actually did get an offer, but that's what I'm going off of

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      terry is says nd jumped to third after visit. and if he recieve a offer and got to know coaches better they could move up further than that.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        What does everyone expect this kid to say...I've been committed to Stanford for a year but if I get a ND offer I'm out? If he says that and doesn't get an offer that puts him in a pretty crappy spot with Stanford.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          ND coaches see Amir Carlisle as a slot receiver

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                            ND coaches see Amir Carlisle as a slot receiver
                                                                            Nooo! I guess this guy is out of the running..

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Not that I'm a professional scout or anything, but I think he was fast becoming my favorite for RB recruit. I like the speed and shiftieness in a spread more than a power back.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Praytorian View Post
                                                                                Not that I'm a professional scout or anything, but I think he was fast becoming my favorite for RB recruit. I like the speed and shiftieness in a spread more than a power back.
                                                                                Agreed.. I like Carlisle for things you mention..

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  USC Offered. Should be an interesting in-state battle.

                                                                                  I think we are set now with Hayes. Huggins would be a bonus

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Huggins would be a bonus[/QUOTE]

                                                                                    I agree!

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Ehh im ok with not landing this guy, what we really need is another CB or a Safety!
                                                                                      "In this room, we win. Out there, they get a chance to feel it." -Brian Kelly

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Profile updated

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          Taking an official visit on 9/10. I imagine this is a slow play on Huggins/Shuler.
                                                                                          Last edited by TerryTate; 08-10-2010, 09:31 AM.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                                            Taking an official visit on 9/10. I imagine this is a slow play on Huggins/Shuler.
                                                                                            Thanks for the update...His national recruitment seems to be picking up some steam. He would look nice as a slot receiver or even a corner for ND, again wish we had more scholarships.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              OFFERED!

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5eIOI01Pugc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5eIOI01Pugc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  I wonder if it's to late? I really like this kid.

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    I knew we were going to offer him with the recent decommits...I like this kid a lot! Does this offer say anything about how the coaching staff feels they stand with Huggins?

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X