Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 MI K Kyle Brindza (Signed ND LOI-EE)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 MI K Kyle Brindza (Signed ND LOI-EE)

Kicker
    Canton MI Plymouth HS

Ht: 6-2
    Wt: 195

STATS
    Career: 42/45 XPs, 12/14 FGs with a long of 46 yards
    '09: 6/10 FGs with a long of 49 yards, 95% kickoff touchbacks, 48.2 yards per punt

RANKING
    Rivals: , #6 Kicker
    Scout: ; #1 Kicker
    ESPN: , #6 Kicker, Grade 79

OFFERS
    Notre Dame
    Michigan

ND RECRUITER: Mike Elston

DECISION SCHEDULE: 4/16/10 Notre Dame Verbal

Notre Dame Football - Kyle Brindza Commits To Kick For Irish
    Last edited by The Polish Irishman; 12-21-2010, 02:10 PM. Reason: ESPN Ranking

If he ends up coming to ND this summer instead of next year, does he count as a '10 or 11' recruit? Might affect the recruiting numbers.

Comment

Well holy sh**, that came out of left field. Nice to come home to that on a Friday night, and even better to that we stole his ass from Michigan and DickRod!

Man, it would be really nice to see a kickoff sail into the endzone for once. Welcome aboard Kyle!
      sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
        Well holy sh**, that came out of left field. Nice to come home to that on a Friday night, and even better to that we stole his ass from Michigan and DickRod!

Man, it would be really nice to see a kickoff sail into the endzone for once. Welcome aboard Kyle!
        i completely agree.the only thing that sucks,is that we never have to deal with dickrod after this season...he'll be out on his ass....but then we'll have to deal with some ass like les miles.i sure hope michigan gets sanctions...would be the best day of my life.
        back on topic....this kid sounds pretty decent.

Comment

Haha awesome. I love it

Comment

Welcome Kyle. Congrats! Go Irish!
            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Kyle Brindza (Plymouth HS/Plymouth, MI - pictured below) earned Punting Champion honors and showed he will not only be one of the most highly recruited 2011 kicking prospects but also a top punting prospect. His longest punt was charted at 62 yards/4.71 HT and all 6 kickoffs were over 70 yards, including the longest kickoff of the day at 77 yards/3.97 HT.
              Damn...now that's a big league leg! His hang time for kickoffs on film isn't great but he gets it to the back of the endzone, and he's only a junior. Kid seems like a big-time talent (even for a kicker).

Comment

Awesome. I wonder how long Kyle thought about the offer before he committed. One or two seconds? Welcome to the family Kyle! Go Irish!
                sigpic

Comment

When was he offered?

Welcome to ND

Comment

Welcome to ND Kyle. This is a nice way to come home and finish the night with a Notre Dame verbal
                    GO IRISH!

Comment

Holy hell. Great news.

Anyone EVER hear of a kid skipping his entire senior season to enroll early? I've heard a few people do that in high school, but none were for athletic purposes.
                      The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Welcome aboard Kyle!

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                          Holy hell. Great news.

Anyone EVER hear of a kid skipping his entire senior season to enroll early? I've heard a few people do that in high school, but none were for athletic purposes.
                          Did John David Booty do that with USC?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geno1023 View Post
                            If he ends up coming to ND this summer instead of next year, does he count as a '10 or 11' recruit? Might affect the recruiting numbers.
                            According ISD:

He will skip his senior year of High School and enrolled at ND in the fall. So, there is a chance he will kicking off at the 1st game. Crazy.
                            2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

That's confirmed already? I thought BK was meeting with admissions this week to determine if Brindza could do it or not.

I'm blown away by the possibility of a 17 year old high school senior starting the 2010 season for Notre Dame hahaha
                              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Just think of how nice it will be to have a solid place kicker/punter for the next 4-5 years...

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me that a 17 yr old (in this case) can get $50,000.00 a year scholarship to kick a ball. Seriously, thats crazy (and good for him). I'm on my way to the store to buy a kickoff tee as we speak.

I guess Jordan Cowart getting a snapping scholarship may be crazier with all due respect. Not heard how he is doing BTW. Any news?
                                  Just believe.

Comment

Holy hell. Great news.

He won't be "skipping" a year in the sense of the brillant prodigy. The NCAA requires 16 core courses for an athletic scholarship, I have no idea what the state of Michigan requirements are for graduation. As I understand it by the end of his Junior year he will be two courses, one English course and one elective, short of meeting both requirements. By going to summer school he could meet those requirements for graduation and admission.

It would seem the next question would be will his school issue a diploma for graduation in midsummer, apparently they do for December graduation. The article implies the school and state will do that but keep in mind it was Rich Rodriquez's staff that determined this process could be done. The same staff that interpeted NCAA rules to allow more than 20 hours a week of practice (at both Michigan AND West Virginia).

The article has a quote that ND agreed with the process. Was that Saracino and the ND Admissions Department or was it an assistant coach that simply said, "Hey if it's OK for Michigan to admit him we can do the same"? I could see Saracino telling the coaching staff if he meets the requirements of the NCAA and the state of Michigan his transcript would be acceptable for ND Admissions requirement but Saracino is not going to interpet NCAA rules nor the Canton school district and the requirements of state of Michigan Education regulatory agency.

There's another issue adressed in the ISD article that ND has closed the Admission process for the incoming freshman class. ND would have to open that back up for Brindza. Tragically there is at least one vacancy in the incoming freshman class that could accomodate another freshman.

It's still great news.
                                    Last edited by BGIF; 04-17-2010, 01:11 PM.

Comment

That's confirmed already? I thought BK was meeting with admissions this week to determine if Brindza could do it or not.

Not confirmed unless there's a premium article with more details than have been revealed in the public ISD article.

“Brian Kelly is having a meeting with the admissions officers this week, and he will tell me by the end of the week if they have it certified to accept one more applicant this year because admissions is already closed.

“If this doesn’t get passed, I’m for sure graduating next January, and either way, I’m going to be a member of the Fighting Irish.”

Comment

Originally posted by Irish.Ca View Post
                                        It never ceases to amaze me that a 17 yr old (in this case) can get $50,000.00 a year scholarship to kick a ball. Seriously, thats crazy (and good for him). I'm on my way to the store to buy a kickoff tee as we speak.

I guess Jordan Cowart getting a snapping scholarship may be crazier with all due respect. Not heard how he is doing BTW. Any news?
                                        I have a 7 year old who is starting to kick the ball. He watches all the ND games with me. He also watches any news concerning ND football. Getting him started early. He LOVES ND football.

Welcome Brindza - we need a kicker who can send it into the endzone!

Comment

WTF-Saw something on ISD about him de-commiting?

Comment

I just hope this is a 420 hangover or something.

Comment

Well that was short!

Comment

Notre Dame Football - Brindza Takes A Step Back From ND Pledge

"I thought about my decision to commit to Notre Dame and realized I rushed it," Brindza said. He verbally committed on Thursday night. "I rushed it because I also realized that taking all these night school classes are going to effect me in the classroom during the day and in track. I also had a goal this year not only to be All-State in football, but to be All-State in track and field. I have decided that i am going to graduate in January of next year to allow me to achieve my goals and experience another year of high school football.

This means that I am de-committing from Notre Dame so I can sit back and think deep and thoroughly to make sure that it's the right place for me in every aspect. Nobody has persuaded me to do this, it was my choice because I felt that it's what's best for me and my future. I am very sorry to have done this to not only to Notre Dame, but to everyone that has heard about my commitment. I am not saying that I am going to be committing to another college, but I am just wanting to think over all the tiny aspects that there are. It's the best thing for me to do right now, and to make sure it's the best fit university for me."
                                                Atleast he handled it as classy as possible.

Comment

Nice job Brindza on not thinking clearly when looking at which school to go to...
                                                  I guess this kid was celebrating 420 a little early and made the commitment

Comment

You know what? I'm not saying anyone isn't, but I am actually gonna give the kid a break on this one. Normally I hate when kids decommit, because I don't even really want them to come if they don't really want to come. However, in his case, I think he truly did rush the decision - I mean no one had even heard of him until he committed. Therefore, I think personally that we should stay away from some of the bashing which typically follows a decommitment. The kid had the balls to admit he was wrong and apologize... I hope he uses those same gonads to realize that he wants to come here for the challenge and prestige a scholarship here offers.

Comment

Now ISD says that he's still an "Irish pledge". I take it that means that he's a soft commitment right now.

Recruiting is so strange at times.

Comment

i pledge alligence to the team of notre dame, indiana
                                                        and to the foundation in which it was laid
                                                        1 team under god
                                                        with rkgs
                                                        and luck of the irish for all
                                                        Last edited by neoroks32; 04-21-2010, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BearGB View Post
                                                          You know what? I'm not saying anyone isn't, but I am actually gonna give the kid a break on this one. Normally I hate when kids decommit, because I don't even really want them to come if they don't really want to come. However, in his case, I think he truly did rush the decision - I mean no one had even heard of him until he committed. Therefore, I think personally that we should stay away from some of the bashing which typically follows a decommitment. The kid had the balls to admit he was wrong and apologize... I hope he uses those same gonads to realize that he wants to come here for the challenge and prestige a scholarship here offers.
                                                          I agree with this post. I actually think all de-commits(assuming the coach wasn't fired) should ackowledge and show respect to the school they gave a verbal agreement to.

Comment

Originally posted by BearGB View Post
                                                            I dont mind kids decommiting....thats not why I said what i did.
                                                            It is absolutely stupid to make a commitment to a school and the change it 2 or 3 days later. I understand some reasons why people would decommit like coaching changes,conferences,relationships break down,whatever....but not after 2 F'ING Days!
                                                            Now if this kid ends up being Irish great....but to not really think over a decision as big as which college to go to is just plain dumb.

Comment

And.............he's back. He sent a text to ISD withdrawing his withdrawal, and says he's still committed to ND, and that he is 'taking a step back and is thinking about it all."

(To quote A Tribe Called Quest, "Back and forth just like like a Cameo song.")

It's all good Kyle, you're a friggin' h.s. junior. Take your time, make sure ND is the right place for you, and it's the right time...

Comment

Actually, maybe he's just backing away from a Sept enrollment. I would agree with him on that. High school ought to be a four year (or 3 and a half year) experience.

College will be there next year or in January.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish4Life09 View Post
                                                                  Nice job Brindza on not thinking clearly when looking at which school to go to...
                                                                  I guess this kid was celebrating 420 a little early and made the commitment
                                                                  Nice job reading.

Where in the article does this have anything to do with "which school to go to ..." ?

The KID (what is he, 16) points out:

I rushed it because I also realized that taking all these night school classes are going to effect me in the classroom during the day and in track. I also had a goal this year not only to be All-State in football, but to be All-State in track and field. I have decided that i am going to graduate in January of next year to allow me to achieve my goals and experience another year of high school football
                                                                  I've read a several articles on him and they all mentioned summer school (two courses if I recall correctly). No where did I read about him having to take night classes and day classes, did you?

The kid was put under time pressure by Michigan so Rodriquez could have a kicker for the '10 season, UM has a serious problem at kicker. They're desperate. ND isn't desperate for a kicker but they jumped in with a "me too" approach to "steal" him from UM even though ND Admissions had already closed admissions for the Class of 2010. There was no guarantee that Saracino and the Administration would re-open them. IF ND did not re-open them Brindza could either go to UM or be a January graduate.

I suspect mom and dad and perhaps a HS teacher, guidance counselor, and/or HS coach had a sit down with him and discussed the consequences of a commitment to enter college for the fall semester.

His decision to decommit wasn't based upon one college or another. Michigan forced a situation the NCAA should ban. IF a HS junior wants to graduate a full year early let him plan his workload accordingly and declare for recruitment in the specified year and go through the NCAA Clearinghouse and comply with the NCAA regs for recruitment.

I hope he does come to ND when he's done his homework.

If he then choses someone other than ND so be it. I'd rather have a recruit decide not to come to ND than to sign a LOI/enroll and then duck out the back door because they don't like ND's academic workload, the dorms, duLac or some other aspect of ND life. That deprives another recruit the opportunity to come.

Your 420 comment is a baseless slur, worthy of a Michigan fan.

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                    According ISD:

He will skip his senior year of High School and enrolled at ND in the fall. So, there is a chance he will kicking off at the 1st game. Crazy.
                                                                    impressive...if this is true
                                                                    Last edited by TDHeysus; 04-21-2010, 08:53 PM.
                                                                    YYZ by RUSH (cover) - (only the last half)
                                                                    Billie Stephens' Fiery Disaster -- Dancin' with Myself (partial cover)

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                      Nice job reading.

Where in the article does this have anything to do with "which school to go to ..." ?

The KID (what is he, 16) points out:

I've read a several articles on him and they all mentioned summer school (two courses if I recall correctly). No where did I read about him having to take night classes and day classes, did you?

The kid was put under time pressure by Michigan so Rodriquez could have a kicker for the '10 season, UM has a serious problem at kicker. They're desperate. ND isn't desperate for a kicker but they jumped in with a "me too" approach to "steal" him from UM even though ND Admissions had already closed admissions for the Class of 2010. There was no guarantee that Saracino and the Administration would re-open them. IF ND did not re-open them Brindza could either go to UM or be a January graduate.

I suspect mom and dad and perhaps a HS teacher, guidance counselor, and/or HS coach had a sit down with him and discussed the consequences of a commitment to enter college for the fall semester.

His decision to decommit wasn't based upon one college or another. Michigan forced a situation the NCAA should ban. IF a HS junior wants to graduate a full year early let him plan his workload accordingly and declare for recruitment in the specified year and go through the NCAA Clearinghouse and comply with the NCAA regs for recruitment.

I hope he does come to ND when he's done his homework.

If he then choses someone other than ND so be it. I'd rather have a recruit decide not to come to ND than to sign a LOI/enroll and then duck out the back door because they don't like ND's academic workload, the dorms, duLac or some other aspect of ND life. That deprives another recruit the opportunity to come.

Give me a break. I'm certainly not a michigan fan, but your assumption that Michigan "pressured" him is completely baseless.
                                                                      Like I said in my 2nd comment,which you probably didn't read, I dont mind kids de-committing...but not 2 or 3 days after the initial commitment.And now apparently he's a "soft" commitment.
                                                                      I think it is good for the kid to think this over...we certainly dont need a kicker,a punter probably.
                                                                      It's pretty obvious this kid hasnt taken the necessary time to evaluate himself and where and when he should attend college.That was my point.

Comment

16 year old kid

Rushed into a decision

Has had time to think about it

Get off of his back. These are high school kids making life changing decisons. Stop bashing guys like Brindza, Chris Martin, Blake Leuders, Justin Trattou, and of course the other running joke that has gotten old long ago, Omar.

If he is meant to be at ND he will be. If not i wish him the best even at a shit school like UM

Comment

I stand by every decision I made when I was 16.

Comment

<TABLE class=contentpaneopen><TBODY><TR><TD class=contentheading width="100%">Notre Dame Football - Brindza A Soft Verbal

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top><TABLE class=artinfo_block width="100%"><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=center>Written by Steve Wiltfong Wednesday, 21 April 2010 20:21</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kicker Kyle Brindza (Canton, Mich./Plymouth) remains verbally committed to Notre Dame, and withdraws an earlier statement he sent to Irish Sports Daily that said the contrary.

“I’m not de-committing from Notre Dame,” Brindza said. He gave his verbal pledge to the Irish coaching staff last Thursday night. “I’m taking a step back and thinking about it all.”

The 6-foot-1, 198-pound Brindza also holds a scholarship offer from Michigan, and is hearing from the likes of LSU, Vanderbilt, Michigan State and Central Michigan.

As a junior, Brindza connected on 6-of-10 field goals with a long of 49 yards, and also booted 95 percent of his kickoffs for touchbacks. He averaged 48.2 yards per punt

Comment

• #39
                                                                              As a junior, Brindza connected on 6-of-10 field goals with a long of 49 yards, and also booted 95 percent of his kickoffs for touchbacks. He averaged 48.2 yards per punt.
                                                                              Damn good stats when you take into consideration that he's from a part of the country where one be apt to face some "bad" climate conditions. Should be right at home w/ the weather if he does come to ND!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Has made 42/45 extra points in his career and 12/14 field goals with a long of 46 yards.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Visited ND this past weekend for 2 days, and is now 100% committed to ND, per ISD. Also said that he's going to try to enroll in January.

Welcome aboard (for sure this time!) young Kyle!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I wish this kid well and am happy to have his big leg for touchbacks which are a very distant memory for us. I do wonder if he will be ready for what school will bring. The increased workload (not sure what kind school his is academically) and imagine starting at 17 years old and not being Doogie Howser.
                                                                                    Just believe.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Brindza solidifies commitment

by Jake Brown IrishIllustrated
                                                                                      5/6
                                                                                      Kyle Brindza's recruitment took a strange turn after he originally committed to Notre Dame. The kicker from Canton, Mich., almost immediately decided to take a step back and reconsider his options, most notably a scholarship offer from Michigan. After taking another unofficial visit to Notre Dame, Brindza realized there's no place he'd rather spend his college career.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Glad to hear his is solid with us. Great kicker, we have needed somebody for awhile that is able to boot the damn ball into the endzone. Nick was great last year as a placekicker though... will be nice to see some competition with him.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                          Nice job reading.

BGIF,

You really need to look into Zoloft man. That or marinol... Its one thing to keep facts solid, but opinion is warranted here. This site isn't JSTOR or some basis for a Master's Thesis, doc.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                                                            Get off of his back. These are high school kids making life changing decisons. Stop bashing guys like Brindza, Chris Martin, Blake Leuders, Justin Trattou, and of course the other running joke that has gotten old long ago, Omar.

If he is meant to be at ND he will be. If not i wish him the best even at a shit school like UM
                                                                                            Like I always say.... if he's meant to be at Notre Dame, he's not a Defensive Linemen
                                                                                            This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                                                                              BGIF,

You really need to look into Zoloft man. That or marinol... Its one thing to keep facts solid, but opinion is warranted here. This site isn't JSTOR or some basis for a Master's Thesis, doc.
                                                                                              hehe, I'm gonna be lookin' in to some marinol tonight, if you know what I mean...

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                So, since everybody is saying we have needed a great kicker for a while. Does that mean everybody doesn't like Nick Tausch? I thought he did great as a frosh, granted he didn't kick touchbacks, but his field goals were pretty solid.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I wouldn't say people don't like Nick. I would just say its nice to think we may have a possible elite kicker.

Someone with consistency with range is great. Then factor in touchback power and you got a weapon for special teams.

You heard the coach talking on the ESPN All Access video didn't you? The goal of kick-off is to secure a tackle by the 28 yard line.

If you can nick off 8 yards on average per kick-off, you'll make substantial defensive opportunities throughout a game, or season... More yards equates to more opportunities for stops or turnovers. (Or poor defensive stats...)

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    this kid is a beast at kicking and punting though. plus we took him from michigan hands. great get. nick will probably be able to improve and be a good kicker but if this kid is elite then greta

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X