Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 GA DE Stephon Tuitt (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 GA DE Stephon Tuitt (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Defensive End
    Monroe GA Monroe HS

Ht: 6-5
    Wt: 260
    40: 4.8
    Bench: 325
    Squat: 425
    GPA: 3.4

STATS
    '09: 56 Tackles, 24 TFLs, 10 Sacks, 4 Forced Fumbles, 2 Fumbles Recovered

RANKING
    Rivals: , #2 SDE, Rating 6.0, National #22, Rivals 100
    Scout: , , #10 DE
    ESPN: , #10 DE, Grade 81, National #90, ESPN 150

OFFERS
    Notre Dame (1/18/11 ND RECOMMIT; 1/17/11 ND Decommit; 9/15 ND Commit, 9/10/10 OV)

Georgia Tech (1/18/11 Decommit; 1/17/11 Verbal; OV 1/14/11; camp '10)

LSU
    Miami
    Auburn (OV 12/17/10
    Clemson (8/21/10 unofficial)
    Georgia (camp)
    Florida
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    Navy
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Southern Mississippi
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt

ND RECRUITER: Mike Elston

DECISION: 1/18/11Notre Dame Verbal
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-20-2011, 03:04 AM.

There have been recent rumblings that ND was getting into the mix. May be too late.

Like's home cookin'

Comment

ISD reports the story in a premium article. ISD and B&G both have in on their list of ND offers.

Comment

He's been to UGA and GT a bunch of times. Also visited Clemson a couple of times and made his first visit to So Carolina recently.

ND needs to get him on campus for the B&G game.
        Last edited by BGIF; 03-30-2010, 07:52 PM. Reason: B&G Game

Comment

He told Steve Wiltfong that his mom has been a HUGE ND fan since she was a girl and that she's 'basically obsessed with the school." Said he was humbled and felt fortunate to get the offer. He quickly put ND in his top and said they will get an official visit. He's got a 3.5 GPA and wants his degree to mean something when he graduates.

He'll be visiting several spring games, including Florida's and Georgia's. It's going to be tough to beat the southern schools, but at least we have one giant foot in the door (thank you momma!)
          sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Q&A from a March 24th Atlanta Journal Constitution article

Tech leads for Stephon Tuitt, but Dogs fighting for big D-end | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Q: Both Georgia and Tech are going to that 3-4 defense. Are they wanting you to play outside linebacker?
            A: ďNot really outside linebacker. They put me down as Ďversatile.í I can play three positions. At Georgia Tech, Iím a true end. At Georgia, they say I can play three positions: Sam linebacker, Will linebacker and I can play end. They want to utilize my versatility and my speed.Ē
            Q: Speaking of which, Iíve seen you listed at a bunch of different size and weights. Whatís accurate?
            A: ďIím 6-5, 252. But Iím 16 years old, still a junior in high school. They say Iíll probably make it up to 6-6, 6-6 Ĺ and make it to 280 [pounds]. Thatís probably my max to stay muscular. Coach Grantham compares me to DeMarcus Ware, who was just like me when he came to college. He ate well and worked out well and grew. He weighs like 280, 285, something like that.Ē

Comment

Top 5 GT, UGA, UF, ND and CL ... In no order.

Comment

Tuitt Top Athlete at MVP Camp

Scout.com: MVP Camp: Tuitt Took Over

Freebie article.

Chad Simmons

4/5

ATLANTA Ė Stephon Tuitt was the highest rated prospect going into the MVP Camp and he showed why by the end. He was named the top 2011 prospect by Scout.

Tuitt enjoyed competing with others, but did the others enjoy competing against him? He was a real force when it came to the one on one battles and he was not slowed down. It was a fairly easy call to name him the top overall 2011 prospect at the inaugural MVP Camp held on the campus of Georgia Tech. He showed more fire than was expected, he competed with a lot of intensity, and he was unstoppable during the one on ones

Comment

Per Scout, he is still interested in ND, and has been doing research on them. Coach Elston and Coach Diaco were by his school recently, which made an impression on him that our D-Line coach AND our DC would come and see him. He wants to visit in the summer to he can see if he interest warrants an official visit in the fall.

One problem for ND is that his mom may be moving back to FL (where he lived for years) in a couple of years, and the distance will be great. The article made no mention of his mom being basically obsessed with ND, which kinda sucked.

Other schools he mentioned that he'd like to visit: Miami (where he's from and who just recently offered; they may be tough to beat), Tennessee, LSU, Auburn and Kentucky...

Comment

Tuitt to visit Tigers

June 01, 2010
                    By Eric Guimaraes
                    Tuitt to visit Tigers
                    DE Stephon Tuitt (6-5 250) of Monroe, GA says he plans to visit Clemson this summer. "They were the first (school) to offer me," said Tuitt. "I like the coaches and the environment. I am more comfortable with them then I am with South Carolina." Tuitt went on to say that he was unsure if he would visit the Gamecocks. He recently received two more offers that he says have changed his travel plans for the summer. "The University of Tennessee and Miami offered me a couple of weeks ago," he said. "That has made me think about what I'm going to do now." He says he will visit Clemson, Miami, Tennessee, Auburn, and Vanderbilt. His offers include each of these schools as well as USC, LSU, Notre Dame, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Florida, Southern Miss, Air Force, and Navy. As a junior, he totaled 67 tackles, 11 for loss, seven sacks, three forced fumbles, and three fumble recoveries. Tuitt hopes to narrow his list to five by the end of the summer. He has no favorites.

Comment

GT leads MIA, ND, UGA, CL, AUB, UTN for Tuitt

Ten at 10: Dalton OT Watts Dantzler to choose between Auburn, UGA on Sunday | AJC College Sports Recruiting
                      Chip Towers, AJC
                      6/15

For the longest time Georgia Tech led for elite defensive end Stephon Tuitt. Then last week Tuitt sent out a list of his seven favorite teams in order of preference. He had Miami on top. ďAll my family is down there and Iíve always been a big-time fan of the school,Ē said Tuitt, who lived in Miami until he was 13. As of last week, the Yellow Jackets were number two. But after attending Techís junior-senior camp this past Saturday, Tuitt has the Jackets back on top. ďIt was wonderful down there, a beautiful day,Ē Tuitt told me on Sunday. ďI like the school and everything really. It has gotten to the point where I had to start thinking about the degree and what it would mean to have it and itís hard to beat a degree from Tech.Ē So now Miami is back to number two, followed by Notre Dame, Georgia, Clemson, Auburn and Tennessee. But there is still a long way to go on Tuitt. He said he wonít make a decision until after taking official visits this fall. Iíll have more on Tuitt later.
                      Who gets the last visit?

Comment

Update

RANKING
                        Rivals: , #4 SDE, Rating 5.9, National #59, Rivals 100
                        Scout: , #18 DE
                        ESPN: , #4 DE, Grade 80, National #132, ESPN 150

Perhaps a visit can do for Tuitt what it's done for Clay Burton.

Mom likes ND.

Comment

Scout bumped Tuitt up 2 slots to #16 DE.

Comment

Ten@10: Tech’s lead for Stephon Tuitt widens, UGA fades | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Chip Towers, AJC

7/13

Towers reports UGA seems to be fading in this race. He still sees GT as the team to beat. ND is still in the mix. He'll take official visits.

Comment

Wants to take a official visit to ND per Rivals. Would you rather have Tuitt or Lynch. Both are concensus 4* recruits.

Comment

It would be great to land both Lynch and Tuitt, but I don't see it happening.

Comment

I would be shocked if we pulled Tuitt out of SEC country, but Lynch is in FL so anything is possible

Comment

I have a hunch that Coach leaves very little to chance. I'll bet that [especially with Chris Badger's mission freeing up a scholarship position this year] Coach is in a status of taking any "last-minute" superior talent who wants to come. Lynch and Tuitt are superior talents, and I'll bet BK wouldn't mind book-end play disrupters coming from both sides at the enemy, or one destroyer coming right behind the other if one guy grows into DE while the other goes OLB.

Comment

Love all the defense. This what will get back to where we belong.AS THE GREASTEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAM EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!
                                      One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.
                                      Knute Rockne

Comment

We can afford to take Lynch and Tuitt because Carrico and Springman could move to the OL.

Comment

Isn't it nice for a change to feel that we have options at a defensive postition.
                                          Just believe.

Comment

Tuitt and Drew might go to the same school

Originally posted by Irish.Ca View Post
                                            Isn't it nice for a change to feel that we have options at a defensive postition.
                                            Supposedly, they will visit ND this fall - together. Can we take them both?

Comment

Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post
                                              We would take both
                                              2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Thats a pretty awesome duo!!

Comment

Visting together...... committing together, running out the tunnel together.
                                                  Just believe.

Comment

Who is Drew?

Comment

Originally posted by bert2834 View Post
                                                      Who is Drew?
                                                      Ray Drew D-end out of Georgia. Elite Prospect.

Comment

I'm going to be a pessimist on this one. I'll believe they are visiting when they arrive. Until then, I'm doubting big time.

Comment

I did see yesterday on SCOUT that Ray Drew was not overlooking Notre Dame and they he was still very open.

Comment

Great news

Great news here guys! Tuitt for OV.... Michigan game!

Per http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1116454
                                                            Coach Kelly will be the one to awaken this sleeping giant that is, NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL.

Comment

Originally posted by SoInIrishFan View Post
                                                              Great news here guys! Tuitt for OV.... Michigan game!

Per http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1116454
                                                              The article talks about Tuitt visiting Clemson with a friend who plays basketball. Yea, we know he's "suppose" to visit in the Michigan game with Ray Drew.. Thanks for the update though.

Comment

Update

RANKING
                                                                Rivals: , #1 SDE, Rating 6.0, National #22, Rivals 100
                                                                Scout: , #14 DE
                                                                ESPN: , #14 DE, Grade 80, National #134, ESPN 150

Rivals bumped him from #4 to #1, and his National Rank by 37 slots.
                                                                Scout bumped him up 2 slots and added a Star.

They must have heard he wants to meet Kelly.

Comment

Dirty, I didn't see his OV posted anywhere so I made the news available for the masses. Sorry if it's old news.
                                                                  Coach Kelly will be the one to awaken this sleeping giant that is, NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL.

Comment

Originally posted by SoInIrishFan View Post
                                                                    Dirty, I didn't see his OV posted anywhere so I made the news available for the masses. Sorry if it's old news.
                                                                    Don't apologize, you did nothing wrong. There just been talk about him visiting during the Michigan game. It was all speculation, nothing really solidified until you made it official..

Comment

He sounds like a ND kid, I don't think the sites will up his rating b/c he wants to meet Kelly. Kids commit to us and then drop on their lists normally. Poor form on their part.
                                                                      Just believe.

Comment

Wheeeeee

This Georgia Tech no longer clear-cut No. 1 for Stephon Tuitt | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Comment

awesome story. gives me a little more hope but I'm just not sold on this yet.

Comment

Don't be a stick in the mud, IM3! Let me live it up for a bit! LOLOL

Comment

• #39
                                                                              lol it is certainly encouraging. I think alot of it will be what product we put on the field. I think that holds true for most of the blue chippers left with interest. Im excited when any player decides to step foot in SB.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                                lol it is certainly encouraging. I think alot of it will be what product we put on the field. I think that holds true for most of the blue chippers left with interest. Im excited when any player decides to step foot in SB.
                                                                                ^^^^^ this^^^^^ you hit the proverbial nail on the head!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Will be at ND this weekend for an Official Visit.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    We need this kid, our line has been a serious problem for years and with him and Lynch bookending the line we would solve that in one recruiting cycle.

Is Lynch coming this weekend too? Who that has given a verbal is coming? We need some solid recruits in their ears.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by CanadianIrish View Post
                                                                                      We need this kid, our line has been a serious problem for years and with him and Lynch bookending the line we would solve that in one recruiting cycle.

Is Lynch coming this weekend too? Who that has given a verbal is coming? We need some solid recruits in their ears.
                                                                                      See thread called "Official Visits | 2011"

Here:

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/notr...ts-2011-a.html

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I know how some of you hate the facebook thing but I'll post this anyway

Stephon Tuitt Tuitt- im up in notre dame enjoying my time this place has the ability to be the best visit i had so far

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by zbikowski88 View Post

Stephon Tuitt Tuitt- im up in notre dame enjoying my time this place has the ability to be the best visit i had so far
                                                                                          I don't hate it when I hear that stuff!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Mama Lynch, please tell Aaron to get Stephon as the other end in our line. Aaron and Stephon would be beast.
                                                                                            sigpic

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              It's actually a nice day to be up at ND. In Chicago it's about 75 and clear skies.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                i love hearing stuff from recruits like that. here's to hoping to a big weekend at nd. t a big win and land a few recruits.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by zbikowski88 View Post

Reports from facebook and twitter don't bother me at all, although I know some have spoken negatively about it. These people are making their own thoughts public for the whole world to see.

Anyway, pretty exciting to read what Tuitt had to say.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                                                                                    Mama Lynch, please tell Aaron to get Stephon as the other end in our line. Aaron and Stephon would be beast.
                                                                                                    Don't forget about Clay Burton in that rotation...Beast!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X