Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 CA ATH George Atkinson III (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 CA ATH George Atkinson III (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Athlete
    Livermore CA Granada HS

Ht: 6-2
    Wt: 194
    40: 4.4

STATS
    '09: 106 carries, 965 yards, 9.1 ypc, 10 TDs; 13 catches, 260 yards, 20 ypc; Kick Returns 295 yds, 32.8 ypc

RANKING
    Rivals: , #12 ATH Rating 5.8, #86 of Rivals 250
    Scout: , #30 RB
    ESPN: , #36 ATH, Grade 79

OFFERS

Notre Dame (OV 9/11/10)

Alabama
    Miami

Oregon
    Southern Cal
    Arizona
    Arizona St
    Cal
    Illinois
    Nebraska
    Northwestern
    Oregon St
    Syracuse
    UCLA
    Utah
    Washington
    Washington St
    San Diego St
    San Jose St

ND RECRUITER: Tony Alford, Mike Denbrock

DECISION: 9/12/10 Notre Dame Verbal
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-18-2011, 03:49 AM. Reason: Scout dropped him 6 slots @ RB and pulled a star

Blue & Gold, ESPN, and Rivals all report an ND offer. Versatile athlete averaging 9.1 yds/carry, 20 yds/catch, and almost 33 yds/kickoff return. Also plays DB.

Last year he place 3rd in the CIF 100 m dash and 4th in the 200 m.

He's been to CAL's Jr Day and made visits to ORE and UW this year.

Comment

Per ESPN:

"It's all pretty even," Atkinson said. "I'm liking Cal right now. Notre Dame. I don't really have favorites right now. Just the schools I've been talking to."

"My dad is saying to make sure it's a good academic school, and check out how much the coaching staff is involved with the players in making sure they get their degrees and graduate. How I fit into their style of play whether it be defense or offense."

"He's trying not to tell me much as far as what school to go to because he doesn't want me to blame him if I don't like the school when I get there."
      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

He seems like an athlete that kelly like he does not need to define players with positions until they get there he keeps his options open he could play either offense or defense
        God Country Notre Dame
        http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Rivals lists him at RB, Scout at Safety, ESPN as ATH. According to a Tim Prister article at Irish Illustrated ND is recruiting Atkinson as a receiver.

Comment

I almost thought we were giving up on California, for some reason. Glad to the recent offers to Cali kids.
            sigpic

Comment

Is he related to George Atkinson that played for the Oakland Raiders during the '70's? Just wondering since he's from that general area of California and having the same name (except the III part of course). If so, some good football genes!

Comment

I could see him on defense Though Wide Reciever works as well it just seems like we are trying to stack positions such as wide reciever
                God Country Notre Dame
                http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                  Is he related to George Atkinson that played for the Oakland Raiders during the '70's? Just wondering since he's from that general area of California and having the same name (except the III part of course). If so, some good football genes!

Yes, he is, the former Raider is his father. His dad went to Morris Brown College so a legacy shouldn't be an issue.

Young George has attended a CAL Jr Day. I should think they and UCLA should be ND's principal competition. His offers include most of the PAC 10, ND, NW and ILL in the Midwest and Nebraska in between.
                  Last edited by NDinL.A.; 03-25-2010, 04:11 PM. Reason: 'youne' changed to 'young'

Comment

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/D1utR8KCxMk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/D1utR8KCxMk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                    Last edited by DirtySecret; 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM.

Comment

USC offered.

Southern California offers in-state athlete George Atkinson Jr.

6-foot-2, 195-pound prospect Georgia Atkinson Jr. (Livermore, Calif./Granada) has been offered by West Coast power USC, ESPN affiliate Web site WeAreSC.com reports.

"I was really excited once I found out," Atkinson said. "Obviously it's nice to know that a team of that caliber wants me to play for them."

The Trojans join UCLA, California, Oregon, Washington, Notre Dame, Nebraska, Arizona State, Illinois, Arizona, Oregon State, Utah, San Diego State and San Jose State among others.

Atkinson also shared what he's looking for, "I'd like a chance to play and compete for a job early. I want to make sure they take care of their players academically and help them get the right resources. I'd like a team with a solid foundation and a close team atmosphere."

Last fall, he rushed for 965 yards (9.1 average) and 10 touchdowns and caught 16 passes for 260 yards.
                      He is the son of former Oakland Raider George Atkinson Sr.
                      Last edited by NDinL.A.; 04-09-2010, 11:23 AM.
                      This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Scout revaluated him from 1 Star NR Safety to 4 Star #14 Safety.

Comment

Since the last update he's added an offer from Miami.

He also got a vist from ND this week as part of May evaluation.

Comment

To confirm early speculation, he is saying that ND is one of the three schools recruiting him the hardest, along with USC and Oregon. ND is recruiting him initially as a receiver/running back.

Obviously George is becoming crafty with the whole recruiting ordeal, because he says it would be a plus if they offered his twin brother, Josh, who's 5'11". ND is recruiting him as a DB but has not offered yet. ND apparently wants to see Josh work out in person - which is ironically the same thing Kiffin told the two.

Comment

Does his brother josh have any big time offers, or any offers at all for that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by IrishAddiction View Post
                                Does his brother josh have any big time offers, or any offers at all for that matter?
                                According to rivals arizona, oregon, oregon state, san jose state, syracuse, utah, washington and washington state have all offered

Comment

Update

RANKING
                                  Rivals: , #15 ATH Rating 5.8, National 102, Rivals 250
                                  Scout: , #14 Safety
                                  ESPN: , #45 ATH, Grade 78

Versatile athlete that could play on either side of the ball. As a soph, he placed 3rd in the state 100m and 4th in the 200m.

7/8
                                  According to Jeff Baumhower, IrishEyes, George may visit ND this month and will probably take an Official Visit to ND this fall.

Comment

Come on George

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                    RANKING
                                    Rivals: , #15 ATH Rating 5.8, National 102, Rivals 250
                                    Scout: , #14 Safety
                                    ESPN: , #45 ATH, Grade 78

Versatile athlete that could play on either side of the ball. As a soph, he placed 3rd in the state 100m and 4th in the 200m.

7/8
                                    According to Jeff Baumhower, IrishEyes, George may visit ND this month and will probably take an Official Visit to ND this fall.
                                    Getting him would be huge!

Comment

Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post
                                      Getting him would be huge!
                                      Yes. However, I have to think that he and his brother may be a package deal. Pulling them away from Oregon will probably be difficult.

Comment

Take them both

Originally posted by BirdmanND06 View Post
                                        Yes. However, I have to think that he and his brother may be a package deal. Pulling them away from Oregon will probably be difficult.
                                        Josh is a high quality DB. take them both

Comment

Originally posted by JDAtlanta View Post
                                          Josh is a high quality DB. take them both
                                          Agree. We need some DBs. :awesomewo

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkbMtxEym3k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gkbMtxEym3k&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
                                          Last edited by DirtySecret; 07-08-2010, 08:15 PM.

Comment

wrong thread

Comment

Named top 5 in no order.

Alabam, Oregon, USC, Miami, and Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                Named top 5 in no order.

Alabam, Oregon, USC, Miami, and Notre Dame
                                                U$C??? Surely he's more in tune w/ what's going on over there! Doesn't he know that the Poodle & Garrett are gone and the NCAA is actually watching what's going on over there regarding paying their athletes!?

Comment

Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                  U$C??? Surely he's more in tune w/ what's going on over there! Doesn't he know that the Poodle & Garrett are gone and the NCAA is actually watching what's going on over there regarding paying their athletes!?
                                                  He can't play with his brother if he chooses SC, b/c they simply won't have enough room. But I do know that they are recruiting George hard...because of his incredible speed. However, they're full at WR, which means they must see him as a RB, which isn't really a pressing need. So maybe they see him as a DB?

Anyways, I see both these kids at Oregon when all is said and done. If we can get them both on campus, like they keep saying they will be, then we have a decent (not great) shot...
                                                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                    He can't play with his brother if he chooses SC, b/c they simply won't have enough room. But I do know that they are recruiting George hard...because of his incredible speed. However, they're full at WR, which means they must see him as a RB, which isn't really a pressing need. So maybe they see him as a DB?

Anyways, I see both these kids at Oregon when all is said and done. If we can get them both on campus, like they keep saying they will be, then we have a decent (not great) shot...
                                                    It doesn't look like they will be able to make it this summer but a OV should happen since George plans to commit at the Army game. I think we have a good shot at Georrge if he visits. Josh i think is pretty set with Oregon but who knows

Comment

Will visit for the Michigan game

Comment

A little something, something

Recruiting Week in Review

Joe Bradshaw ISD

8/16/10
                                                        Last edited by BGIF; 08-17-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

Verballed according to Blue and Gold

waiting for other sites to confirm

Comment

BlueandGold.com // Atkinson Brothers Commit To Notre Dame

Just the Blue and Gold Content. (Free)

Welcome to the Irish!!!

Comment

Confirmed Atkinson Brothers are Irish!!!!!!!!

Comment

That is awesome. Welcome to the family....
                                                                "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                                  Confirmed Atkinson Brothers are Irish!!!!!!!!
                                                                  Yea!!

Comment

Kelly keeps on doing his thing!!!

Comment

Huge.

Comment

Welcome to the Family George!!

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                                          Huge.
                                                                          Super Huge.

Comment

what side of the ball will he play?
                                                                            "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I almost hope they both play corner....

They could use their twin telepathy to mess with the QBs and WRs alll day!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                                                                                what side of the ball will he play?
                                                                                WR looks like his most likely position. Dont see him at corner but Safety is also realistic

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I could be wrong, but I think George plays safety on defense. Notre Dame is recruiting him as an offensive player, which is wise when you see the tape.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    sure would like to see him at Safety....

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                                                                                      sure would like to see him at Safety....
                                                                                      Would rather land Lyons and not have to worry about it

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Excellent Point Jason....

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Sweet this helps ease the sting of yesterday

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            This is obviously just an opinion but if we land Daniels than i would love to see George at safety along side Christian French. That would be an amazing safety duo. I understand its a long shot and the positions are wide open but that just seems like an amazing possibility.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              great news welcome aboard twins

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Congratulations George!

Glad you're here!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Welcome to ND George
                                                                                                  GO IRISH!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    welcome aboard and glad to have both of u aboard.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X