Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 OH DE Chase Hounshell (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 OH DE Chase Hounshell (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Strongside Defensive End
    Kirtland OH Lake Catholic HS

Ht: 6-6
    Wt: 270
    40: 4.82
    Bench: 335
    Shuttle: 4.2
    Vertical: 33
    GPA: 3.2

RANKING
    Rivals: , #56 OT, Rating 5.7
    Scout: , #96 DE
    ESPN: , #84 DT, Grade 76

OFFERS
    Notre Dame

Florida
    Boston College
    CMU
    Duke
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Lousiville
    Michigan St
    UCF
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Akron
    Ball St
    Bowling Green
    Ohio
    Toledo

ND RECRUITER: Ed Warinner

DECISION SCHEDULE: 1/17/11 Notre Dame Verbal, UF decommit
    Last edited by The Polish Irishman; 01-20-2011, 11:24 PM. Reason: Scout dropped him one slot to #96 DE, 3 Stars

Chase Hounshell appears to be a DE candidate for ND's 3-4 DE. He was measured at the US Army Combine at 6-5 242 since then he's added an inch and about a dozen pounds and continues to grow.

He holds 7 offers but Vandy is the only BCS school so far. He's been to OSU and plans to camp at PSU this summer. He's also scheduled to be at ND's Jr Day next weekend, his first trip to South Bend.

He's never met Coach Kelly nor any of the ND staff but liked what he saw of several of them in action when he attended UC games last fall.

Notre Dame Football - Hounshell Headed To ND For Junior Day

Comment

Compliements of TerryTate:

Regarding Hounshell

Quote:
      <TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>"He said the defensive coordinator loved me and they want to offer," Hounshell said. "He said I should have an offer at the end of the month. They have to check some other things out because they already have two D-end commitments." </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Hounsell lists ND in Top 7

Hounshell, Kelly narrow it to six schools

Hounshell, Kelly narrow it to six schools - ESPN

6/18
        By Bill Kurelic

<!-- begin free preview text -->
        Two-way lineman Chase Hounshell (Mentor, Ohio/Lake Catholic) continues to see his impressive list of scholarship offers grow. But Hounshell has narrowed his choices down to a half dozen or so schools and is busily visiting those schools.
        "I have 23 offers now," Hounshell said. "I've narrowed it down to maybe a top six or seven."
        His list is made up of Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Notre Dame, Illinois, Boston College and West Virginia. All but the Fighting Irish have offered, which could change shortly.<!-- end free preview text --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> function switchPostLink(newlink){ document.insidersignup.action = newlink; } </SCRIPT>

Comment

Update

Two months ago his offer list was comprised primarily of MAC schools, now he's added BC (and planning a trip there), IOW, MSU, WVU, WIS and maybe soon ND. He's been working hard and it's starting to payoff. He's hopeful his recent ND camp trip will turn into an offer.

RANKING
          Rivals: , NR DE, Rating 5.5
          Scout: , #89 DE
          ESPN: , #69 DT, Grade 76

NEW OFFERS
          Boston College
          Duke
          Illinois
          Indiana
          Iowa
          Lousiville
          Michigan St
          UCF
          Vanderbilt
          Virginia
          West Virginia
          Wisconsin

Comment

Steve Hare IrishIllustrated premium article
            6/18
            Last month Notre Dame began recruiting Chase Hounshell, a 6-foot-5, 242-pound defensive end from Kirtland, Ohio. Hounshell attended Notre Dame's camp on Thursday hoping to show the Irish coaching staff he possesses all the skills they are looking for. After a strong showing in the testing portion of camp Hounshell went on to dominate the one-on-ones.

Comment

If Lynch is in, I would doubt Hounshell gets an offer.

Comment

Too many DE's is a great problem to have.
                Last edited by johnnykillz; 06-18-2010, 09:47 PM. Reason: in to is

Comment

I'd put as many athletes as possible in this defensive line class. We don't usually have success recruiting dlinemen

Comment

Committed to Florida today...as an OT, surprisingly.
                    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                      Committed to Florida today...as an OT, surprisingly.
                      He raved about his visit there.

OT?

RANKING as of 8/11
                      Rivals: , NR DE, Rating 5.5
                      Scout: , #94 DE
                      ESPN: , #78 DT, Grade 76

That gives UF 3 "OLs"

Trip Thurman 4 Star, #11 OG who at 6-6 might be an OT.
                      Tommy Jordan 3 Star, #44 OT
                      Chase Houndshell 3 Star, DE/DT

More interesting is that with all that talent in FL, Thurman is from Delaware, Jordan CT, and Houndshell OH.

Thurman has offers from UF, WVU, UMD, RU, etc but no PSU among others.
                      Jordan has UF than drops to BC, CAL, Duke, RU, and WIS (who seems to have offered everybody)
                      Houndshell has UF, MSU, WVU, WIS then mostly MAC-like offers. No OSU, UM, PSU, ND

Addazio might be mining diamonds in the rough but I suspect UF's OL recruiting of the past few years might have caught up with them; Nixon, Patchan, Gilbert, Silberman, Green, Johnson, Wilson, Alajajian, etc.

Time will tell.

Congrats to Chase Houndshell who feels like a lottery winner tonight.

Comment

Was offered by ND this week.

Said he was 100% Gator.

I still like ND coaches going after Florida verbals.

F Meyer.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post

Said he was 100% Gator.

F Meyer.
                          Love it!

Comment

Hahaha go for it BK!

Comment

Said he was 100% Gator.

F Meyer.
                              I know a few people who said Aaron was 100% Irish too.

Comment

If Lynch commits to Florida, is he still 100% a Gator?

Comment

No one is 100% anything... not until they've signed a LOI... and sometimes not even then.

Comment

First brick off the wall was Jeoffrey Pagan...

ND coaches visited Hounshell today.

Eff Florida...go get 'em guys

Comment

I love how Kelly and co. are still fighting for Florida recruits. Florida players seem the hardest to pick up, especially when Urban Liar is lurking around...

Have we ever stolen a Florida verbal?

Comment

Interesting. I was looking at the UF boards around the time of the Burton de-commit and I recall Hounshell saying something along the lines of "good job getting away from Notre Lame" on his twitter account. Maybe his stance has changed since we offered.

Comment

Chase was on campus today. Was here along with Carlisle.

Comment

Originally posted by domer13 View Post
                                            Chase was on campus today. Was here along with Carlisle.
                                            Well if that's true it sucks. This guy got super negative on ND when it took us awhile to offer and has been "all gator" all over his twitter. I don't want that kind of person... especially one who isn't projected to be any kind of stud... around a guy like Carlisle.

Comment

I'm happy to give young people some growing up time especially in these stressed out moments. Let's let Kelly decide whether he's the RKG. He's going to learn a lot more about this young man than we are.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                Well if that's true it sucks. This guy got super negative on ND when it took us awhile to offer and has been "all gator" all over his twitter. I don't want that kind of person... especially one who isn't projected to be any kind of stud... around a guy like Carlisle.
                                                especially since right after Urban resigned they asked Hounshell about his status and he said he was 100% Florida and wasn't answering any calls from coaches.... Are we really sure he was on campus today?

Comment

this makes no sence to have this guy on campus...probably hurts more than anything....
                                                  "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Lynch, Prestwood, Hayes and Burton were all 100% Irish until they weren't. Go and get him BK.

Go Irish!
                                                    Just believe.

Comment

The kid was a a borderline elite DE prospect that got snatched up to play OL (by the best salesman in college football) at a time when we were loaded at both positions. He is, in fact, giving us a look. This tells you all you need to know about his being bitter at ND. As far as being annoyed that he did not get an offer from ND earlier, I don't mind my OLmen having a little competitive fire in them.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                        Agreed. Something feels weird about this. Didn't he say something to Justice Hayes after he decommitted about dumping "Notre Lame?" I feel like we'd be opening ourselves up to get used. You don't talk **** about a school and then take an OV there.

Something is wrong with this picture.

Comment

Confirmed by ISD.

I don't see how you guys think this is bad for ND. He's a very good player who was committed to one of the best teams in the nation. I don't facebook so I have no idea what he said, but I do know that he came to ND on his own dime to camp, looking for an offer that never came. Maybe he was bitter...who knows? I do know that he came up on an OV in the dead of winter on a non-football weekend (so spare me with the 'he's just using ND to watch a free game' talk) and his interest pretty much has to be legit.

And if Amir is persuaded by a high school kid that ND isn't right for him, well guess what...ND isn't right for him.

If he commits to ND I for one will welcome him with open arms.
                                                          sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

^ This

Comment

Confirmed by ISD.

I don't see how you guys think this is bad for ND. He's a very good player who was committed to one of the best teams in the nation. I don't facebook so I have no idea what he said, but I do know that he came to ND on his own dime to camp, looking for an offer that never came. Maybe he was bitter...who knows? I do know that he came up on an OV in the dead of winter on a non-football weekend (so spare me with the 'he's just using ND to watch a free game' talk) and his interest pretty much has to be legit.

And if Amir is persuaded by a high school kid that ND isn't right for him, well guess what...ND isn't right for him.

Amen Rev. brother L.A.
                                                              Just believe.

Comment

It sounds like the backhands @ ND were sour grapes. It's pretty obvious the kid wanted an Irish offer, felt slighted that he didn't get one, and then went on the defensive.

As a teacher, I see this play out time and time again with kids. It's just how teenagers can be sometimes and I don't think it is a negative reflection on Hounshell, but just sort of an illustration of a teenager acting like a teenager.

Comment

Confirmed by ISD.

Amen...this kid can playas and i will also weclome him with open arms, sorry fellas im tad drunk but yeah i hope wes sign this kid

EDIT from NDinLA: Amen...this kid can play and I will also welcome him with open arms. Sorry fellas I'm hammered and about to go sleep with Megan Fox, but yeah I hope we sign this kid.
                                                                  Last edited by NDinL.A.; 12-12-2010, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Hey everyone, I know I am new to the forum but I have seen Chase play and he is a big kid from a Catholic school. I bet he was a little upset by not being offered. If he wants to come to ND then why not take him in. If Urban wanted him so do I.

Comment

It never ceases to amaze me how this message board for grown men and fans can resemble a board filled with whiny bitter women. Who cares that he sent a text, the kid is a player and would be a great steal. Once again this is college recruiting, are we going to bitch about every recruit that doesn't pick ND first? Because there sure is a long line of them. If BK didn't see something in Chase he wouldn't be wasting his time and if Chase didn't see something in ND he wouldn't have camped on his own dime or visited on an off weekend in the snow.

Comment

You guys and your kid stalking is laughable.

Comment

Bruce Feldman from ESPN just retweeted:

RT@chasehounshell Adazzio to temple...damn 22 minutes ago

Discuss.....
                                                                          Originally posted by koonja
                                                                          I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

He has publicly criticized Notre Dame. Could not care less.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Yeah he basically went from begging for an offer to "**** Notre Lame" when Florida offered. Classy. Did we ever get to the rumors of him being on campus with Amir?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Guy criticizes Notre Dame, then his entire coaching staff leaves.... karma?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I will take this kid.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by bert2834 View Post
                                                                                    I will take this kid.
                                                                                    that's what Michael Jackson said.......I keed I keed...

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by bert2834 View Post
                                                                                      I will take this kid.
                                                                                      Yep, with the way our recruiting seemily shaky right now(Tuitt) I would not turn him down.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Hounshell and Councell...Makes to much sense.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I'm sure many other recruits have criticized Notre Dame in the past and ended up enrolling as well. I'm sure many of you have said things about something and still did it. He was probably just frustrated. I'm sure he probably wanted to come to ND and didn't feel wanted. With social networks these days everything gets out. I'm one of the few of my generation that absolutely hates Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace, and whatever else there is.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by WhoDeyIrish View Post
                                                                                            I'm sure many other recruits have criticized Notre Dame in the past and ended up enrolling as well. I'm sure many of you have said things about something and still did it. He was probably just frustrated. I'm sure he probably wanted to come to ND and didn't feel wanted. With social networks these days everything gets out. I'm one of the few of my generation that absolutely hates Facebook, Twitter, and MySpace, and whatever else there is.
                                                                                            My Dad calls it FaceSpace......

But if this kid can help us win, and will come in and be a good part of this team, I would welcome him.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by BestBIrish47 View Post
                                                                                              My Dad calls it FaceSpace......

But if this kid can help us win, and will come in and be a good part of this team, I would welcome him.
                                                                                              Exactly and I'm sure are coaches have given him a bunch of **** about the tweet.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by WhoDeyIrish View Post
                                                                                                Exactly and I'm sure are coaches have given him a bunch of **** about the tweet.
                                                                                                I would assume that our coaches haven't said a word to him about his tweet, or anything else for that matter, since he committed to Florida. The lack of interest by our staff is probably what led to his negative comments in the first place. I dont know why they would change their stance after he made them.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Seriously you got your feelings hurt because an 18 year old kid tweeted someone Notre Lame......really? Let's not kid our selfs he is a good ball player, and if you tell me that you've never said something out of spite that you really didn't mean.....I ll call you a liar!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I'll ask again, was there ever any confirmation that he was on campus with Amir a couple weeks ago? Or was that just a BS rumor?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X